Josh Hansen: Reloaded For 2016 (Video)

GD2
Fantasy
1081st
Edited Date/Time 10/6/2015 9:37am
|
Lightning78
10/5/2015 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2015 1:26pm
Good video! Dam he is one of the most fluid riders on a bike Ive ever seen, poetry in motion. I can tell him exactly where he would need to get stronger with regards to him saying he wants better results. TURNS & CORNERING. Im not a pro and do not mean for this post to soumd like Im on a soap box but its really easy to see why the top guys excel when you compare most 7 to 20th place riders the attack corners and hit them hard. Joshs bike skills in a straight one and jumping are as good as any of the top title winning dudes.

Is he riding 250's or 450's? Also is it true he's got to change his number from 100 to 57? Its a dam shame is so because he built up an incredible brand around that number and most likely makes some great money around that brand… the clothing, hats etc. This "career" numbers LAW that was put into play is sofa-king stupid!! If you're not one of the 6 elite premier factory 450 riders for example, the rest even the second rider on factory team hardly make any money for what they do and MY POINT IS, Hanny was smart enough to build a brand around the number he's had for what 10 years now? As a result he's found a way to support himself and new family better because of it. Now this bullcrap rule will cost him money changing to #57. I wouldn't be surprised is hes currently fighting the change. Its this kind of short sided thinking by the powers above that kills me the rule was supposed to give riders a permanent number but lately every year there are a horde of number changes that leave me scratching my head. Riders struggle to make a living and a rule like this has zero sense when applied to Joshs position, I doubt there were riders protesting they wanted the #100 and now this rule impacts the way Josh was potentially funding a good portion of his racing he's a rider that brings the promoters and governing bodies MONEY because he is a draw but just like riders selling their own shirts the very people making money off his racing presence are oblivious to the decisions they make impacting a riders supplemental income amd I doubt any real thought went into it if he protested the number change… its flat out stupid that this kind of prehistoric thinking is the reason the riders, sport and money can't grow.

Rant over but for the record I am a fan of Josh no I don't "swing from his nuts" as a fanboy Im just frustrated over right and wrong here and the basic concept of this particular impact on a rider as 99% of the time a number change is no big deal but in Joshs case it should be considered a big deal and worth being treated as an individual case that given the impact it has, he should be able to keep #100. Mike Alessi should always be able to keep 800 and James should be allowed to run 259 if he wanted but bec of his gear its not likely… am I out to lunch on this or does anybody else feel Hanny is getting screwed with the number change?
Sandberm
10/5/2015 1:30pm
Hmmm.

I was wondering if we would see Hanny back for 2016 after what I (and Josh himself says in the video) thought were substandard results in 2015. Im not as optimistic as I was going into A1 in 2015 because:

-Castloo is gone! That guys hard work and dedication to his craft paid off and now he has moved on to factory Husqvarna

-Josh admits in the video he hasnt been riding sx till now and is out of shape. Thats ok I guess. Once you get in good shape its not as hard to get it back. Who was the trainer Josh worked with last winter? Is Josh still with him?

-Hes not any younger...I wish he'd go back to the 450 class.

Oh well, good to see he'll be back and Ill continue to root for him to do well on the track and off. Props to Motosport for supporting him again.
x3no22
10/5/2015 2:29pm
kinda over this dude, hard to take him seriously.
40Plus_922mx
10/5/2015 2:36pm

I have been harsh on this guy back in the day. However always knowing his potential. Good to see him call it like it is and set his mind to try and get after it. I hope he does good.

The Shop

Radical
Fantasy
2384th
10/5/2015 5:50pm
When watching the video, it says "Ride the Outdoors" to me.
Now that he's working out it seems his style would suit the nationals pretty well.
Good luck!
thorns
10/5/2015 5:52pm
Like the others, is he racing 250's or 450s? In the video looks to be practising on a 16 KX450f for some of it at least.
tprice07
10/5/2015 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2015 6:20pm
Radical wrote:
When watching the video, it says "Ride the Outdoors" to me. Now that he's working out it seems his style would suit the nationals pretty well...
Now that he's working out it seems his style would suit the nationals pretty well.
Good luck!
He would look good outdoors but that doesn't cut it anymore. You have to ride out of control to win.

I just want to put him, kdub, stew, roczen, grant and Tyler villo on a track and watch them race every sat night
10/5/2015 8:02pm
His honesty is rare. Dude is smooth. He also very obviously loves riding dirtbikes.
jemcee
10/5/2015 8:58pm
I know there's a more things that come into it and stuff (what sponsors want, less races etc) but a 250 rider has to get a top 5 in the main to make more money than the guy that finishes last in the 450 lcq! That would go a long way to make my decision what bike to ride haha

Also not only is his bike style awesome his gear always looks good.. Now I know all the tough manly men don't notice that sort of thing but I do and I reckon it's cool
IceMan446
10/5/2015 9:05pm
thorns wrote:
Like the others, is he racing 250's or 450s? In the video looks to be practising on a 16 KX450f for some of it at least.
He was. Getting ready for monster cup more than likely.

But I do think he is racing the 250 class come the regular season.
IceMan446
10/5/2015 9:16pm
Style, the dude has so much fucking style.

God I just wish he would have applied himself his entire career.

Carlos Z
10/5/2015 9:35pm
Great rider but in today's Aldon Baker Millsaps Training Facility environment every single piece of the puzzle has to be in place because the kid next to you on the gate lives at Aldon's place. Too little too late. He had his chance.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
10/5/2015 9:49pm
thorns wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:

Are there any rules in effect that limit how many years a guy can ride in the 250 class ? Just curious. For the GP's the FIM rule is 23 is the maximum age, does the AMA have anything like that that limits how long a guy can stay on a 250 ?
Starcrossed
10/5/2015 9:58pm
thorns wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:

sumdood wrote:
Are there any rules in effect that limit how many years a guy can ride in the 250 class ? Just curious. For the GP's the...
Are there any rules in effect that limit how many years a guy can ride in the 250 class ? Just curious. For the GP's the FIM rule is 23 is the maximum age, does the AMA have anything like that that limits how long a guy can stay on a 250 ?
In SX if you win two championships or score more than a certain number of points (130?) in a specified number of years (3?) you are required to move up to the 450 class. In outdoor motocross there are no advancement provisions. Bogle is required to advance in Supercross this year.
10/6/2015 3:01am
I've liked Hansen for a number of years and want to see him do well, however, it's kind of disappointing to hear that he let his training slip over the summer and is basically back to square one. It's going to take him a few months to get to where most of his competitors are right now in terms of fitness. You'd think he would have kept his hand in over the summer doing a bit of training and a bit of supercross riding.

Video was sick, the Motosport guys always kill it. I'm looking forward to watching his series again next year and hopefully he has some better results.
10/6/2015 3:26am
I smell another mediocre season. Good for him if he can get support when he talks about just now starting to train again.
10/6/2015 3:42am
Radical wrote:
When watching the video, it says "Ride the Outdoors" to me. Now that he's working out it seems his style would suit the nationals pretty well...
Good luck!
tprice07 wrote:
He would look good outdoors but that doesn't cut it anymore. You have to ride out of control to win. I just want to put him...
He would look good outdoors but that doesn't cut it anymore. You have to ride out of control to win.

I just want to put him, kdub, stew, roczen, grant and Tyler villo on a track and watch them race every sat night
have to ride out of control to win? are you serious?!! you only have to look at musquin, pourcel, dungey etc to know that is rubbish! they seem to find a way to win and be very smooth/ fluid whilst doing so....

funny how many people on here call out herlings for 'sandbagging' still being on a 250, yet Hansen stays on a 250 for another 10 years and everyone here loves him!!!

definitely got some skills on a dirtbike, think he lacks the motivation/ attitude to succeed at the top level
10/6/2015 4:17am
I've liked Hansen for a number of years and want to see him do well, however, it's kind of disappointing to hear that he let his...
I've liked Hansen for a number of years and want to see him do well, however, it's kind of disappointing to hear that he let his training slip over the summer and is basically back to square one. It's going to take him a few months to get to where most of his competitors are right now in terms of fitness. You'd think he would have kept his hand in over the summer doing a bit of training and a bit of supercross riding.

Video was sick, the Motosport guys always kill it. I'm looking forward to watching his series again next year and hopefully he has some better results.
Exactly what I was thinking. Fitness is obviously not his strong point, as an sx only guy you'd think he'd of been riding/training over summer to get a leg up on the other guys! Of course I'll still be cheering for him, would be sick to see him get a few wins this year.
TXDirt
10/6/2015 6:56am
jump for show....corner for dough!!
davistld01
10/6/2015 8:41am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2015 8:41am
I've been rough on Hanny too in the past...but I can tell he's matured, and with the birth of his daughter is seeing what side of the bread to butter. When you become a Daddy...all the bullshit comes to a screeching halt. I like his honesty, and the guy obviously loves to ride his dirt bike. I can get behind that and root for him to do better than ever in 2016.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
10/6/2015 8:42am
His race bike last year was one of the best looking.
davistld01
10/6/2015 9:37am
CrGuy2T wrote:
His race bike last year was one of the best looking.
That's good for at least 10hp.

Post a reply to: Josh Hansen: Reloaded For 2016 (Video)

The Latest