Josh Hansen New Team?

mingham97
Edited Date/Time 10/13/2015 7:46am
So I saw this about Josh Hansen's new "team"? No longer a solo effort? I'm also aware that's an old bike

|
Lightning78
10/7/2015 5:19am
As far as I know hes still a one rider team… a solo cheese adventure haha. Are you referring to the #jh57 hashtag? Oh man, I kind of went a little off the deep end on this in another thread but if you are referring to that as possibly a second ride.…. NO. He has to change his number to 57 for 2016.which I think is a stupid and short sighted rule to apply to Josh when he has built a good sized brand around being #100 and named his race team after it. He made and sold clothing which undoubtedly helped him keep his racing going. What does he do now that he has to change his number? Abandon all that marketing work? It seems like the powers to be should've made an exception for him bec he actually makes money from having that number for so long.
IWreckALot
10/7/2015 5:44am
As far as I know hes still a one rider team… a solo cheese adventure haha. Are you referring to the #jh57 hashtag? Oh man, I...
As far as I know hes still a one rider team… a solo cheese adventure haha. Are you referring to the #jh57 hashtag? Oh man, I kind of went a little off the deep end on this in another thread but if you are referring to that as possibly a second ride.…. NO. He has to change his number to 57 for 2016.which I think is a stupid and short sighted rule to apply to Josh when he has built a good sized brand around being #100 and named his race team after it. He made and sold clothing which undoubtedly helped him keep his racing going. What does he do now that he has to change his number? Abandon all that marketing work? It seems like the powers to be should've made an exception for him bec he actually makes money from having that number for so long.
He kept talking about wanting to do it all himself and how he thinks the team dynamic didn't really work for his personality. I think his head is in the right place but doing it yourself is just so damn difficult. I wish he could find a team that did fit his personality and that could keep his head clear. I'm hoping he does well this season but as always, it's tough to crack into that Roczen and Dungey atmosphere to compete for a whole season. And with Stewart back, Barcia finally gelling with the bike, Tomac coming back, and a whole other list of riders, he's got some stout competition. I'm glad Hanny is where he is today. It's nice to see one of these guys screw their head on and get to work. I'm a fan for sure.
Crush
10/7/2015 6:43am
IWreckALot wrote:
He kept talking about wanting to do it all himself and how he thinks the team dynamic didn't really work for his personality. I think his...
He kept talking about wanting to do it all himself and how he thinks the team dynamic didn't really work for his personality. I think his head is in the right place but doing it yourself is just so damn difficult. I wish he could find a team that did fit his personality and that could keep his head clear. I'm hoping he does well this season but as always, it's tough to crack into that Roczen and Dungey atmosphere to compete for a whole season. And with Stewart back, Barcia finally gelling with the bike, Tomac coming back, and a whole other list of riders, he's got some stout competition. I'm glad Hanny is where he is today. It's nice to see one of these guys screw their head on and get to work. I'm a fan for sure.
His personality/effort/ etc was all working on PC... He was doing fine, only by some very shitty luck that Tickle beat him to that title.

The Shop

davistld01
10/7/2015 6:51am
IWreckALot wrote:
He kept talking about wanting to do it all himself and how he thinks the team dynamic didn't really work for his personality. I think his...
Crush wrote:
His personality/effort/ etc was all working on PC... He was doing fine, only by some very shitty luck that Tickle beat him to that title.
And, now Tickle has the big bike experience, the right team & the right equipment to probably beat him consistently this year barring some bad luck. I'm all for Josh getting his head straight, and giving it a go...but in the 450's I think it might be a case of too little too late.

Hope I'm wrong.
mingham97
10/7/2015 6:52am
He's 31.... I think he's a few years too late to be making a serious come back. I'm sorry but he's only getting older and he's struggling for top 10s in 250s. I don't think things will work on a 450. My predictions is: hes making a team, going to ride for it while it gets big, hire some riders for '17, launch a 100 clothing line to work along side the team. Sit back and enjoy your retirement Hansen.
Dtat720
10/7/2015 7:12am
Anybody consider the "new team" is a reference to having to hire new personnel? New mechanic being the biggest replacement..
Tpog496
10/7/2015 7:42am
I wouldn't look to far into the "new team" thing I think Mxbars just got a little trigger happy with the hashtags. #hashtag
h&m_cycle
10/7/2015 7:54am
If you can't say something nice then don't say it... Ok he's pretty good at doing whips outdoors...
MtnBoy
10/7/2015 11:33am
As far as I know hes still a one rider team… a solo cheese adventure haha. Are you referring to the #jh57 hashtag? Oh man, I...
The REAL ridiculous part is that he even earned points at all riding a REGIONAL championship. What a joke that rule is.

As far as them doing Hanny a favor and let him keep the #100? No way. What significant brand has he built? I'm not much into the flat bill scene, but I doubt Hanny is raking it in off the #100...
JM485
10/7/2015 12:39pm
MtnBoy wrote:
The REAL ridiculous part is that he even earned points at all riding a REGIONAL championship. What a joke that rule is. As far as them...
The REAL ridiculous part is that he even earned points at all riding a REGIONAL championship. What a joke that rule is.

As far as them doing Hanny a favor and let him keep the #100? No way. What significant brand has he built? I'm not much into the flat bill scene, but I doubt Hanny is raking it in off the #100...
Can someone please explain to me how there is ANY benefit to having guys switch numbers every year? I seriously can't understand the point of that crap. And please don't give me the "run what you earn" bs, the number he's always had is higher anyways so what difference does it make? Look at the GPs, they don't give a damn what you run or what color your backgrounds are, so the teams are able to play with different color combinations and build recognition around their riders number. What could possibly be the downside to that?
MtnBoy
10/7/2015 1:11pm
JM485 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me how there is ANY benefit to having guys switch numbers every year? I seriously can't understand the point of that...
Can someone please explain to me how there is ANY benefit to having guys switch numbers every year? I seriously can't understand the point of that crap. And please don't give me the "run what you earn" bs, the number he's always had is higher anyways so what difference does it make? Look at the GPs, they don't give a damn what you run or what color your backgrounds are, so the teams are able to play with different color combinations and build recognition around their riders number. What could possibly be the downside to that?
We are dealing with a TON more riders over here. GPs have what, 40 maybe 50 guys total between both classes?

Some Nationals have probably 100+ guys trying to qualify.

How do we distinguish who gets what number? First come first serve?

Also, what has Hansen done to earn the privilege of having a "permanent" number?
The Rock
10/7/2015 1:50pm
If you want to know what is going to happen tomorrow take a look at what happened yesterday.

Best of luck to Lil Hanny in 2016.

JM485-You are mistaken with your interpretation of FIM numbering and plate color requirements

MtnBoy-Thread number 89,723 MXGP vs the Nationals with exaggerations and generalizations but no facts.
MtnBoy
10/7/2015 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2015 2:23pm
The Rock wrote:
If you want to know what is going to happen tomorrow take a look at what happened yesterday. Best of luck to Lil Hanny in 2016...
If you want to know what is going to happen tomorrow take a look at what happened yesterday.

JM485-You are mistaken with your interpretation of FIM numbering and plate color requirements

MtnBoy-Thread number 89,723 MXGP vs the Nationals with exaggerations and generalizations but no facts.
I'm not trying to have a "Vs" anything. How many GP riders are there? Aren't only a certain amount of teams and riders "qualified" to race. I didn't watch every single GP this year, but most of them, and I don't recall seeing very many full gates.

Do they ever have to not let people race because they don't make the fast 40?

The fact remains, AMA (Supercross & Motocross) has WAY more racers and thus numbers to deal with, than the GPs do.
JM485
10/7/2015 2:35pm
The Rock wrote:
If you want to know what is going to happen tomorrow take a look at what happened yesterday. Best of luck to Lil Hanny in 2016...

MtnBoy wrote:
I'm not trying to have a "Vs" anything. How many GP riders are there? Aren't only a certain amount of teams and riders "qualified" to race...
I'm not trying to have a "Vs" anything. How many GP riders are there? Aren't only a certain amount of teams and riders "qualified" to race. I didn't watch every single GP this year, but most of them, and I don't recall seeing very many full gates.

Do they ever have to not let people race because they don't make the fast 40?

The fact remains, AMA (Supercross & Motocross) has WAY more racers and thus numbers to deal with, than the GPs do.
MtnBoy you bring up a good point about the number of riders. My suggestion would be any pro card holder can apply for a three forgot permanent number, with selection given on a first come first serve basis. If you want a two or one digit permanent number, there would obviously be some requirements to meet but I don't see any reason why these guys can't keep their three digit if they want.

Rock, telling me I don't know about the number system doesn't help me, but an explanation of where I'm wrong would. From the outside looking in there doesn't appear to be a lot of rules number wise over there, so I'd be curious to know what their requirements are for numbers/backgrounds.
Ridelow
Fantasy
201st
10/11/2015 5:33am
Does anyone have a picture of Hanny's bike that he rode at the RB Straight Rhythm?
downard254
10/11/2015 7:25am
In the past low 100 digit numbers were always reserved for riders who have won a title or were title contenders coming from across the pond (something to that effect, don't quote me on the rule). Anyone remember when JMB came to the US, I believe he ran the number 111, and if I'm not mistaken so did Albertyn. I think Townly rode the 101. So in the spirit of the rule, I don't know how Hanson even got that number in the first place. Not bashing, just don't know how the AMA gave that number out in the first place.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
10/11/2015 10:02am
downard254 wrote:
In the past low 100 digit numbers were always reserved for riders who have won a title or were title contenders coming from across the pond...
In the past low 100 digit numbers were always reserved for riders who have won a title or were title contenders coming from across the pond (something to that effect, don't quote me on the rule). Anyone remember when JMB came to the US, I believe he ran the number 111, and if I'm not mistaken so did Albertyn. I think Townly rode the 101. So in the spirit of the rule, I don't know how Hanson even got that number in the first place. Not bashing, just don't know how the AMA gave that number out in the first place.
those numbers was also used by riders coming back from injury or other reasons after having a complete year off,

so Hansen having it for a year was not a surprise, so with BT keeping 101, Hansen tried to keep 100, but he has never finished in the top 10 overall,
downard254
10/11/2015 10:10am
scott_nz wrote:
those numbers was also used by riders coming back from injury or other reasons after having a complete year off, so Hansen having it for a...
those numbers was also used by riders coming back from injury or other reasons after having a complete year off,

so Hansen having it for a year was not a surprise, so with BT keeping 101, Hansen tried to keep 100, but he has never finished in the top 10 overall,
Yea, I just checked the vault and he's never won anything. He's been at it for quite a few years. Came close, 2nd in SX lites twice and a 3rd once. I think someone else posted an acurate description above, too little too late. I'd say he's had the talent but just never had the drive/commitment
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
10/11/2015 10:22am
scott_nz wrote:
those numbers was also used by riders coming back from injury or other reasons after having a complete year off, so Hansen having it for a...

downard254 wrote:
Yea, I just checked the vault and he's never won anything. He's been at it for quite a few years. Came close, 2nd in SX lites...
Yea, I just checked the vault and he's never won anything. He's been at it for quite a few years. Came close, 2nd in SX lites twice and a 3rd once. I think someone else posted an acurate description above, too little too late. I'd say he's had the talent but just never had the drive/commitment
pretty sure he lost a sx lites title to Langston on a count back as well, he had the talent for sure,

rubarb
10/12/2015 9:59pm
Is Josh Hansen no longer sponsored by Hose Pros???
JonnyDH84
10/13/2015 7:46am
So is hanny still with the trainer ? If he has another poor year I'm not sure if he will still get the support really like the guy wish he had realised what he has now 4 or 5 years ago.

Post a reply to: Josh Hansen New Team?

The Latest