Josh Hansen ??

Travis250F
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 10:22am
Whats the story behind Josh Hansen . I know he got suspended a few yes ago but for taking out a rider an what not but I'm sure theirs more to the story an more that has gone on the past few years. Can anyone help me out?
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/19/2015 6:14pm
Travis250F wrote:
Whats the story behind Josh Hansen . I know he got suspended a few yes ago but for taking out a rider an what not but...
Whats the story behind Josh Hansen . I know he got suspended a few yes ago but for taking out a rider an what not but I'm sure theirs more to the story an more that has gone on the past few years. Can anyone help me out?
Interestingly enough, he wasn't actually suspended... but he thought he was.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
1/19/2015 6:18pm
Travis250F wrote:
Whats the story behind Josh Hansen . I know he got suspended a few yes ago but for taking out a rider an what not but...
ML512 wrote:
Help us out ML512
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/19/2015 6:24pm
Travis250F wrote:
ML512 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
Help us out ML512
Long story... Team benched him and he also thought he had to complete some sort of anger management course to be allowed to race again. Somewhere along the way, something was miss-understood, because taking an anger management course isn't even something that FIM/AMA can hand out as a penalty
1/19/2015 6:45pm
Travis250F wrote:
Hansen was retaliating for McElrath accidently pushing him off the track at Anaheim 1 when a misplaced tough block got in his way....

The Shop

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
1/19/2015 6:50pm
ML512 wrote:
Long story... Team benched him and he also thought he had to complete some sort of anger management course to be allowed to race again. Somewhere...
Long story... Team benched him and he also thought he had to complete some sort of anger management course to be allowed to race again. Somewhere along the way, something was miss-understood, because taking an anger management course isn't even something that FIM/AMA can hand out as a penalty
I thought the team sent him on the course - to save face and prove that they had penalized him?
1/19/2015 6:55pm
I was a fan of Hanny's for a long time...but I would ban him for life no questions asked...done...
Crush
1/19/2015 6:59pm
I was a fan of Hanny's for a long time...but I would ban him for life no questions asked...done...
Please tell me you are joking.
1/19/2015 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 7:06pm
Crush wrote:
I honestly wish I could...but I believe this sort of behavior in the sport holds us back and keeps people of means from entering the sport...I recently tried to sponsor a local rider to have the bike sabbotaged by rivals from beef from a looong time ago...I understand the concept but I was the one footing the bill....what Hanny does is backsided and vengeful behavior completely centered around himself...imo he should feel fortunate to be out there at all at this point in his career and is only so because of his father...so at it's best it is just nepotism....
Crush
1/19/2015 7:06pm
Hannah, Barnet, Howerton, Johnson, Ward, Bailey, Omara, Lechien, LaRocco, Emig, Henry, Dowd, Carmichael...
TanHner36
1/19/2015 7:06pm
Had a ride, got in trouble for aggressive riding, had a misunderstanding for what he had to do to ride, went on a downward spiral involving drinking and bad decisions, got his shit together, started riding again, now he's back at the races.

Hanny is one of the few big name dudes that truly loves to ride and doesn't see it as a job.
1/19/2015 7:18pm
Crush wrote:
Hannah, Barnet, Howerton, Johnson, Ward, Bailey, Omara, Lechien, LaRocco, Emig, Henry, Dowd, Carmichael...
You just quoted every many highly regarded people of the sport...competing and retaliating are different....take Bowers for instance....he is just riding his style he learned in Arenacross and Webb (his training partner) showed him what was up on that...that situation is different and I believe goodhearted if it is controlled and/or stops....
toroP
1/19/2015 7:22pm
Crush wrote:
I honestly wish I could...but I believe this sort of behavior in the sport holds us back and keeps people of means from entering the sport...I...
I honestly wish I could...but I believe this sort of behavior in the sport holds us back and keeps people of means from entering the sport...I recently tried to sponsor a local rider to have the bike sabbotaged by rivals from beef from a looong time ago...I understand the concept but I was the one footing the bill....what Hanny does is backsided and vengeful behavior completely centered around himself...imo he should feel fortunate to be out there at all at this point in his career and is only so because of his father...so at it's best it is just nepotism....
What does Hansen have to do with the sabotage you mentioned?
Crush
1/19/2015 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 7:23pm
They're all riders who have hit people back because they've been hit. Simple as that. Rubbing is racing. Always has been.

Unless it's a t-bone, or an air take out, who the fuck cares.
Travis250F
1/19/2015 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2015 7:36pm
TanHner36 wrote:
Had a ride, got in trouble for aggressive riding, had a misunderstanding for what he had to do to ride, went on a downward spiral involving...
Had a ride, got in trouble for aggressive riding, had a misunderstanding for what he had to do to ride, went on a downward spiral involving drinking and bad decisions, got his shit together, started riding again, now he's back at the races.

Hanny is one of the few big name dudes that truly loves to ride and doesn't see it as a job.
I agree, from all the videos an interviews I see. You can tell the guy loves to ride his bike
oshow
1/19/2015 7:35pm
I'm down with Hanny. Haters, not so much
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/19/2015 7:41pm
oshow wrote:
I'm down with Hanny. Haters, not so much
This ^^^
1/19/2015 7:51pm
Crush wrote:
They're all riders who have hit people back because they've been hit. Simple as that. Rubbing is racing. Always has been. Unless it's a t-bone, or...
They're all riders who have hit people back because they've been hit. Simple as that. Rubbing is racing. Always has been.

Because other people are invested....
1/19/2015 7:53pm
Bowers and Webb are totally different...Hanny has worn out his welcome in my opinion...just my opinion...
hvaughn88
1/19/2015 7:55pm
Sooooo, list all the other riders you would kick out of the sport
1/19/2015 8:05pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
You are right...no one should have the power to kick anyone out of anything...but I think his actions and the reasons behind them should be addressed for his sake and others....and perhaps I am wrong...perhaps McElrath intentionally bumped him for some reason unknown to us all...maybe McElrath was expressing his opinion on Hanny and Hanny was just protecting himself...I suppose no one knows...so perhaps it is best for me to recant...I stand behind the AMA on their decision that retaliation is unacceptable...
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
1/19/2015 8:46pm
That corner was more to blame than Hanny. Ever think he could not turn any tighter? Saw lots of bumping in that corner all day. Go cry somewhere else. Pretty sure Hanny earned everything he has on his own merit. He's tied for a title before and won lots of races. What have you done that gives youthe right to judge?
1/19/2015 8:54pm
jhansen510 wrote:
That corner was more to blame than Hanny. Ever think he could not turn any tighter? Saw lots of bumping in that corner all day. Go...
That corner was more to blame than Hanny. Ever think he could not turn any tighter? Saw lots of bumping in that corner all day. Go cry somewhere else. Pretty sure Hanny earned everything he has on his own merit. He's tied for a title before and won lots of races. What have you done that gives youthe right to judge?
You are right...I apologize...
erikcrvjl
1/19/2015 9:03pm
Travis250F wrote:
Hansen was retaliating for McElrath accidently pushing him off the track at Anaheim 1 when a misplaced tough block got in his way....
What was the point of this post? To bitch? Or is reading not really your thing?
Travis250F
1/19/2015 9:03pm
jhansen510 wrote:
That corner was more to blame than Hanny. Ever think he could not turn any tighter? Saw lots of bumping in that corner all day. Go...
Do u know where or can u post a link to the video if their is one?
1/19/2015 9:05pm
Travis250F wrote:
erikcrvjl wrote:
I don't believe my point is to bitch....more to work on establishing rules of propriety in our sport for the safety of the riders and the sport itself....
1/19/2015 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 3:51pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
You are right...no one should have the power to kick anyone out of anything...but I think his actions and the reasons behind them should be addressed...
You are right...no one should have the power to kick anyone out of anything...but I think his actions and the reasons behind them should be addressed for his sake and others....and perhaps I am wrong...perhaps McElrath intentionally bumped him for some reason unknown to us all...maybe McElrath was expressing his opinion on Hanny and Hanny was just protecting himself...I suppose no one knows...so perhaps it is best for me to recant...I stand behind the AMA on their decision that retaliation is unacceptable...
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/19/2015 9:07pm
Travis250F wrote:
erikcrvjl wrote:
I think he deserves some credit, for listening to others, admitting he might be wrong and apologizing.
Crush
1/19/2015 9:09pm
Crush wrote:
They're all riders who have hit people back because they've been hit. Simple as that. Rubbing is racing. Always has been. Unless it's a t-bone, or...

Because other people are invested....
What?

So the black flag is justified because other people are invested?

Well, that rider order stack on the left hand side of your tv screen, multiple banners around the track and a whole race team are funded by Discount Tyre...

bangmyhead
1/19/2015 9:10pm
mcelrath was asking for it

Post a reply to: Josh Hansen ??

The Latest