Josh Grant out for the Remainder of 2016, Tyler Bowers in for RedBud

mxjon454
6/23/2016 9:12pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Grant is lacking speed compared to Wil? Thats funny. I and probably most people on here believe grsnt definitely has wil covered in the speed department...
Grant is lacking speed compared to Wil? Thats funny. I and probably most people on here believe grsnt definitely has wil covered in the speed department. I like wil, but i think he should be on a rock river 450 and not a factory bike.
Like I said, Wil's 450 career started two years ago and he has been injured most of it. They haven't raced each other enough to know...
Like I said, Wil's 450 career started two years ago and he has been injured most of it. They haven't raced each other enough to know who's faster I suppose. Only time will tell. I can see there is a fleet of JG33 die hard fans that I would like to avoid causing an uproar with, and remind everyone this is just good fun bench racing. Grinning
I get what youre saying for sure about Wil not having as much time on a 450 as grant. Based on speed alone though Wil isnt in the same company as JG. Hell JG won the opening moto in 2014 at glen helen and he won a moto at the USGP. I know it was glen helen but still thats amazing. On a good day outdoors i believe wil barely cracks the top 10. Im not a die hard JG fan, but i do like him, always have esp since hes one of the few cali boys still out there till the new wave comes. JG has always had a ride because of his speed and ability to put a bike on the podium. Whereas wil has that personality that teams like and kawi gave him a shot, and one more because of his injuroes last year. I know this last one was out of his control but it is what it is. He got hurt. I dont think we'll see wil back on a factory bike tho, but i hope im wrong.
mxjon454
6/23/2016 9:23pm
And since this thread was originally about bowers replacing grant i think we'll see a top 15 out of him. The last year he raced outdoors was in 2009. He rode a 250 in 08 for YOT and struggled to get into the top 15 and top 20. He had a few decent rides in 09 for motoconcepts. I always thought that he wouldve did good outdoors though just crappy timing going pro with YOT when they were at their end and all focus was probably on JLaw. He did go pro with the blazing fast group of Canard, Stroupe, and Izzi and would beat them at times so i expected more out of him.
6/23/2016 9:40pm
You guys are funny, both Grant and Hahn will not line up at Kawi next year.

This is Bowers ride to lose!

And if Bowers dosent shine who will get the ride?

The Shop

cd0583
6/23/2016 11:05pm
might be off topic but how old is josh grant now?
cd0583
6/23/2016 11:06pm
i remember watching bowers on a 450 when he was like 16. so amazing
6/24/2016 5:21am
Does Grant deserve or not deserve the ride he has? Is there a huge difference between his performance and Wil Hahn's? I'm a fan of both...
Does Grant deserve or not deserve the ride he has? Is there a huge difference between his performance and Wil Hahn's? I'm a fan of both dudes, honestly wish Hahn would have gotten another year with the team, however.
mx836 wrote:
Grant is absolutely a level above Wil IMO. I I honestly can't understand who would hire Wilbur after constantly being injured for pretty much his entire...
Grant is absolutely a level above Wil IMO. I I honestly can't understand who would hire Wilbur after constantly being injured for pretty much his entire career. No dig on Wil. He is awesome, but I'd have a hard time hiring him if I were a team manager.
Grant has had tons of injuries, they both have. Grant is slightly lacking in speed and fitness compared to Wil, IMO, yet he has been a...
Grant has had tons of injuries, they both have. Grant is slightly lacking in speed and fitness compared to Wil, IMO, yet he has been a bit more consistent in the 450's than Wil has. Grant does have a few years on him in the 450s I'm pretty sure, 3-4 years? Give Wil some time to find his footing again and I think he'll be back on a factory bike.
This is just funny. Grant has Wil covered on both speed and fitness everyday of the week. Psychic, not so much. Wil will be like his brother. Maybe have a long career racing moto but never again on a factory team. Think satellite and partial privateer.
hvaughn88
6/24/2016 5:27am
mx836 wrote:
Grant is absolutely a level above Wil IMO. I I honestly can't understand who would hire Wilbur after constantly being injured for pretty much his entire...
Grant is absolutely a level above Wil IMO. I I honestly can't understand who would hire Wilbur after constantly being injured for pretty much his entire career. No dig on Wil. He is awesome, but I'd have a hard time hiring him if I were a team manager.
Grant has had tons of injuries, they both have. Grant is slightly lacking in speed and fitness compared to Wil, IMO, yet he has been a...
Grant has had tons of injuries, they both have. Grant is slightly lacking in speed and fitness compared to Wil, IMO, yet he has been a bit more consistent in the 450's than Wil has. Grant does have a few years on him in the 450s I'm pretty sure, 3-4 years? Give Wil some time to find his footing again and I think he'll be back on a factory bike.
This is just funny. Grant has Wil covered on both speed and fitness everyday of the week. Psychic, not so much. Wil will be like his...
This is just funny. Grant has Wil covered on both speed and fitness everyday of the week. Psychic, not so much. Wil will be like his brother. Maybe have a long career racing moto but never again on a factory team. Think satellite and partial privateer.
I have no basis for this, but for some reason I could see Wil making the successful transition to racing 4 wheels.
6/24/2016 8:06am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2016 8:07am
This is just funny. Grant has Wil covered on both speed and fitness everyday of the week. Psychic, not so much. Wil will be like his...
In 2014 SX Hahn finished above Grant quite a few times. Doesn't mean anything factual about speed and fitness, but it may not be such a "delusion" to think Wil has the ability to beat Grant, and also to think he deserves that Kawi. Nothing against Josh, I personally believe Wil finishes ahead in points after 17 rounds of SX where they both make every main.

A1 - Hahn 11th, Grant 7th

Phoenix - Hahn 10th, Grant not listed

A2 - Hahn 12th, Grant 14th

Oakland - Hahn 8th, Grant 11th

A3 - Hahn 12th, Grant 17th

SD - Both not listed

Dallas - Hahn 8th, Grant not listed

ATL- Hahn 4th, Grant 9th

Indy - Hahn 11th, Grant 12th

Daytona - Hahn 6th, Grant 12th

Detroit - Hahn 14th, Grant 10th

Toronto - Hahn 14th, Grant not listed

St Louis - Both not listed

Houston - Hahn not listed, Grant DNS

Seattle - Both not listed

East Rutherford - Hahn not listed, Grant 16th

Vegas - Hahn not listed, Grant 7th.

Hahn ended the season 10th in points, Grant 16th.
6/24/2016 8:40am
The 250F class has made hero's out of both of these racers. Regarding the 450 class JG33 has one up on Hahn, that being the club of 450 Supercross main event winners! That is one tough club to get a membership!
That being written, that was 2009? What have you done for me lately!

But my true thoughts on both of these men is not pretty. I have both of their jersey's, I like them both and would jump if they walked in the room. I am a realist, neither of them will ever challenge for a 450 championship like they did on the 250F. They can win a main if the stars align on a muddy night. I believe you're paying them for their past accomplishments and their past glory. The only way for the sport to push older 250F champs out that didn't pan out, is for some of the current 250F pussies to move up!

In the end, this is Moto, I am hiring the racer without kids/wife, those people riding on his seat must make the bike heavy.

Out.
86honda
6/24/2016 8:58am
Coming up short on Laroccos leap will fix his back issues
Mia
6/24/2016 9:01am
If Tyler has the Epsien Barr virus under control. Then I would expect some good rides outta this opportunity. At least Kawi is not just letting bike sit under tent.
davistld01
6/24/2016 9:08am
If that's true (and I have no reason to doubt it), then Josh has got one maybe two years of being attractive to any solid team...whether he's fast or not. He'd better get those ankles fixed and hit the ground running before the time slips by.

I'm of the mind that neither he or Hahn will be under the factory tent in '17 as Tomac's teammate...and I don't see Bowers there either.
Mia
6/24/2016 5:44pm
This sport and the people in it are very fickle , one day can change everything. Its all about what have you done For me lately. The fans are even more fickle .. These are all very good riders and humans. They can do more than all of us slack ass fans. you should know your roll .. These companies don't give a crap about your opinion or mine. They just want results. The rider that gives them will have a job.
zehn
6/25/2016 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2016 6:18pm
Where was Bowers out there? I didn't see him all day

EDIT: It seems my reading comprehension isn't up to snuff today. Looking for him to do well at REDBUUUUUUUUD
bsharkey
6/25/2016 6:37pm
I cant see grant getting a operation to get things fixed if he didn't already have something in the works

Post a reply to: Josh Grant out for the Remainder of 2016, Tyler Bowers in for RedBud

The Latest