Josh Grant, is anyone really surprised

dirtnapper
6/1/2014 8:22am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2014 11:25am
that he didn't back up his moto win last weekend with good results this weekend?

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but I really never did think he was in "title contention" from winning the first moto of the series. He is just way too inconsistent.

A 9th in the first moto at Hangtown was nowhere near last weekends result, and does anyone know what was with the second moto DNF?
|
bvm111
6/1/2014 8:24am
You are pretty good at it for "not trying" .... Just saying!
struth
6/1/2014 8:25am
toothache //////////no idea
dirtnapper
6/1/2014 8:56am
bvm111 wrote:
You are pretty good at it for "not trying" .... Just saying!
Come on, man, you know I'm not meaning disrespect with this thread.

I find your lack of comment on the topic quite telling though.........Wink
6/1/2014 9:05am
not at all, prob wont make top 5 the rest of the year. hes a cool dude, maybe to many distractions

The Shop

davistld01
6/1/2014 9:30am
Grant is a winner when he holeshots, has a team member behind him to slow down traffic...and all the planets line up perfectly.

None of that happened at Hangtown. Oh well...
6/1/2014 10:03am
davistld01 wrote:
Grant is a winner when he holeshots, has a team member behind him to slow down traffic...and all the planets line up perfectly. None of that...
Grant is a winner when he holeshots, has a team member behind him to slow down traffic...and all the planets line up perfectly.

Bit harsh although mostly true, he certainly had the pace last week
davistld01
6/1/2014 10:23am
davistld01 wrote:
Grant is a winner when he holeshots, has a team member behind him to slow down traffic...and all the planets line up perfectly. None of that...

Didn't mean harshness...just truth. Yes, Josh rode his heart out at Glen Helen...but he had a clear track, where all he had to do was not fall down, he didn't have to come through the pack or get around anybody to get into the lead. It was clearly his day.
Grieby54
6/1/2014 11:13am
davistld01 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
Didn't mean harshness...just truth. Yes, Josh rode his heart out at Glen Helen...but he had a clear track, where all he had to do was not...
Didn't mean harshness...just truth. Yes, Josh rode his heart out at Glen Helen...but he had a clear track, where all he had to do was not fall down, he didn't have to come through the pack or get around anybody to get into the lead. It was clearly his day.
Right... All he had to do to beat the best in the world was not fall down.

Some of you clowns blow my mind.
ridge
6/1/2014 11:13am
dirtnapper wrote:
that he didn't back up his moto win last weekend with good results this weekend? Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but I really never...
that he didn't back up his moto win last weekend with good results this weekend?

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but I really never did think he was in "title contention" from winning the first moto of the series. He is just way too inconsistent.

A 9th in the first moto at Hangtown was nowhere near last weekends result, and does anyone know what was with the second moto DNF?
Unfortunately, no...I'm not too surprised. Hangtown is usually a good track for him.
TeamGreen
6/1/2014 11:15am
davistld01 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
Didn't mean harshness...just truth. Yes, Josh rode his heart out at Glen Helen...but he had a clear track, where all he had to do was not...
Someone want to explain the "team-mate" comment and how this is not harsh or total shit-talk?

I mean, it's this simple: you're making accusations about a team and both of its riders.

So, let's have it...

ridge
6/1/2014 11:16am
davistld01 wrote:

Like I said in another thread (where I quoted you), Kenny caught Grant with half a moto to go...how much more time did he need to make it happen? Stop with the excuses already, Grant kicked everybody's asses that first moto. No planets,no blocking, just pure speed. Deal with it.
JW381
6/1/2014 11:18am
I don't think it's disrespectful to say that as a race fan. I like JG well enough, but no, I wasn't surprised. He's usually flash in a pan. I don't think that really takes anything away from him as a professional rider, winning or running up front consistently has got to be hard to do.
ridge
6/1/2014 11:18am
davistld01 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
Seriously, you have zero idea wtf you're talking about.
Flatliner
6/1/2014 11:23am
ridge wrote:
Like I said in another thread (where I quoted you), Kenny caught Grant with half a moto to go...how much more time did he need to...
Like I said in another thread (where I quoted you), Kenny caught Grant with half a moto to go...how much more time did he need to make it happen? Stop with the excuses already, Grant kicked everybody's asses that first moto. No planets,no blocking, just pure speed. Deal with it.
That's his MO. And everyone knows it. Think he'll do it again ? Cause I don't.

I'm surprised you guys jumped all over the OP. It's an opinion.
6/1/2014 11:26am
TeamGreen wrote:
Someone want to explain the "team-mate" comment and how this is not harsh or total shit-talk? I mean, it's this simple: you're making accusations about a...
Someone want to explain the "team-mate" comment and how this is not harsh or total shit-talk?

I mean, it's this simple: you're making accusations about a team and both of its riders.

So, let's have it...

I think josh rode great at glen Helen, but Phil literally said that in an interview with weege on racerx, that he was blocking a bit hoping to give josh a gap. I personally think josh would have had a good chance anyways, he looked great from practice on
TeamGreen
6/1/2014 11:28am
TeamGreen wrote:
Someone want to explain the "team-mate" comment and how this is not harsh or total shit-talk? I mean, it's this simple: you're making accusations about a...

So, let's have it...

I think josh rode great at glen Helen, but Phil literally said that in an interview with weege on racerx, that he was blocking a bit...
I think josh rode great at glen Helen, but Phil literally said that in an interview with weege on racerx, that he was blocking a bit hoping to give josh a gap. I personally think josh would have had a good chance anyways, he looked great from practice on
Where was Phil compared to Josh?
6/1/2014 11:31am
TeamGreen wrote:

So, let's have it...

I think josh rode great at glen Helen, but Phil literally said that in an interview with weege on racerx, that he was blocking a bit...
TeamGreen wrote:
... 2nd
ridge
6/1/2014 11:32am
ridge wrote:
Like I said in another thread (where I quoted you), Kenny caught Grant with half a moto to go...how much more time did he need to...
Flatliner wrote:
That's his MO. And everyone knows it. Think he'll do it again ? Cause I don't. I'm surprised you guys jumped all over the OP. It's...
That's his MO. And everyone knows it. Think he'll do it again ? Cause I don't.

I'm surprised you guys jumped all over the OP. It's an opinion.
Wait...you contradicted yourself. Is his MO winning like a boss, or his Hangtown results? lol Either way, your next couple sentences are confusing! hahaha

I know what you meant, and I think he could pull off another win here and there because of the speed he showed at GH. For as much of a fluke as his GH 1st moto performance was, it still wasn't that much of a fluke! He has speed for days.

I don't think you were referring to me about the Op's opinion because I agree with him...I was just hoping Grant would prove everybody wrong and have a Milsaps style outdoor series.
ridge
6/1/2014 11:35am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2014 11:35am
TeamGreen wrote:

So, let's have it...

With 15 minutes plus 2 laps to go, Kenny was 1.5 seconds behind Grant. I'm not sure Phil's blocking had much to do with the outcome.
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
6/1/2014 11:43am
not at all, prob wont make top 5 the rest of the year. hes a cool dude, maybe to many distractions
davistld01
6/1/2014 11:50am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2014 11:51am
TeamGreen wrote:

So, let's have it...

Sorry if I offended you with my "team mate" term, TeamGreen...but crashnburn11 got what I was trying to say, although I didn't say it well. I wasn't shit talking the team, no matter what you think.

I'm not taking anything away from Josh. He rode great! But, I don't care how great a rider you are...things going your way, and a little luck is not a bad thing!
djc
6/1/2014 12:07pm
I'm not shocked. Honestly I hope he does win but after his first moto I said to myself there is no way he is gonna be on the podium the second moto. Now he may have proved me wrong if he had a good start. But I hope he is ok and we will see what happens. I think we will see him get on the box again but I also will not be shocked he he does not
TeamGreen
6/1/2014 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2014 1:01pm
TeamGreen wrote:
... 2nd
How long did that actually last or make a difference?

He was there for 2 laps and was OUT of the top 10 on lap 4. KR, RD and JB were Around him on the 3rd lap.

I watched it all go down from the Mechanics area & we had live timing running, too. If that's what he calls "blocking", he's in need of a NASCAR school or they should hire MA800.

uk125250
6/1/2014 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2014 12:32pm
He's definitely perplexing. There have been, and probably will be, days where he is fastest on the track.
Azcrf331
6/1/2014 12:52pm
I've always liked JG as he has always been so accommodating and cool to my family when we have met him in the pits. The 2004 Hangtown Nat his first Nat when he pulled the holeshot and was hauling ass but then laid it over and couldn't get his bike fired back up-that race has been an overview of JG's career so far-brief flashes of brilliance then sidetracked by injuries or bad choices. His moto career was like my baseball career-full of promise but always fell short due to a lack of effort or bad choices.
After seeing Troy Adamitis piece on JG how can you not root for and respect the man. Go JG!!!

RMT
6/1/2014 12:52pm
Didnt you guys read the memo? Your not allowed to have an opinion around here any longer and by no means, dont talk about riders when they get flat out busted lying. The same ole nutsucking ballgobbling few will always come to the rescure and put you in your place while dropping a few names and telling us how they really know whats up but that info is only for the chosen few. I swear, it must change your brain chemistry the first time you put on an official, "only for the team" team shirt. Maybe the exclusivity of it all is so great, you're never the same, but I swear it has some effect on how you act the rest of your life. I've seen it over and over and over. I could name names, but you guys are not worthy for that kind of inside info (yes, I've had said team apparel).
bd
6/1/2014 12:57pm
dirtnapper wrote:
that he didn't back up his moto win last weekend with good results this weekend? Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but I really never...

Damm shame you have to put a disclaimer so you do not get flamed - unfortunately multi year injury is a pattern in Grant's career.
48dirtbikekid
6/1/2014 12:58pm
RMT wrote:
Didnt you guys read the memo? Your not allowed to have an opinion around here any longer and by no means, dont talk about riders when...
Didnt you guys read the memo? Your not allowed to have an opinion around here any longer and by no means, dont talk about riders when they get flat out busted lying. The same ole nutsucking ballgobbling few will always come to the rescure and put you in your place while dropping a few names and telling us how they really know whats up but that info is only for the chosen few. I swear, it must change your brain chemistry the first time you put on an official, "only for the team" team shirt. Maybe the exclusivity of it all is so great, you're never the same, but I swear it has some effect on how you act the rest of your life. I've seen it over and over and over. I could name names, but you guys are not worthy for that kind of inside info (yes, I've had said team apparel).
Well said, spot on
Flatliner
6/1/2014 1:23pm
ridge wrote:
Wait...you contradicted yourself. Is his MO winning like a boss, or his Hangtown results? lol Either way, your next couple sentences are confusing! hahaha I know...
Wait...you contradicted yourself. Is his MO winning like a boss, or his Hangtown results? lol Either way, your next couple sentences are confusing! hahaha

I know what you meant, and I think he could pull off another win here and there because of the speed he showed at GH. For as much of a fluke as his GH 1st moto performance was, it still wasn't that much of a fluke! He has speed for days.

I don't think you were referring to me about the Op's opinion because I agree with him...I was just hoping Grant would prove everybody wrong and have a Milsaps style outdoor series.
As do I. I was a huge fan, talent and speed to burn , just can't maintain it over a season.

I still remember the story of him jumping larocco's leap on the first lap of practice for 500 bet. On a 250f. From the inside of the turn.

Post a reply to: Josh Grant, is anyone really surprised

The Latest