Josh Grant casing the quad

If you didn't catch it, with roughly 4 minutes to go Grant cased the living shit out of the quad exiting the stadium, dropping from 4th to 6th in the process. If he'd been any shorter you'd have to call it 'over-jumping the triple'. Both wheels landed on the up-face of the final single and he instantly took off again, I'm still amazed that he not only managed to stay on the bike but recovered for a 3rd place finish. His new ankles are definitely the real deal!!

Unfortunately they switched camera angles just before he lands so you only see it from the head on view. Looked like he went long on the triple before it and didn't have the pop for the quad. Anyone at the event see it? I thought he was done for sure after that but he took a moment to recompose and got straight back into it. Ride of the night in the 450's in my opinion.
|
JB 19
5/9/2017 5:26am
I thought he was done when it happened. Also, Grant did everything he could to help the team and his employer. Don't think the big bosses forget that stuff. JG may have that ride next year.
mjr119
5/9/2017 5:42am
Didn't see Grant case it, but on a side note, did anyone see Mookie case the first Triple at MetLife Stadium? It was in the heat or semi, can't remember.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/9/2017 5:51am
Factory suspension is incredible.

And yeah, I would say you can see a bit of that old fire in his eyes again lately. He could be dangerous in the outdoors. This has to be one of his longest streaks of not being out with a major injury.
5/9/2017 5:56am
Speaking of switching camera angles... I believe they are getting worse at the coverage. Between Ralph and Jeff (and the others) yelling over each other to going to takeaways about how one of the riders likes to fish or changing camera angle right before a pass. Osborne is putting in the ride of his life and they switch to watch AC ride all alone over the finish line (use the split screen!) Then, after controversy the entire race between the two, Dungey rides up and starts pointing his finger at Tomac and they switch to the ******** fireworks (for several seconds.) Camera work is great. Hell, let Ralph or Jeff control which camera we are seeing. There is no way they could do any worse.

The Shop

Flip109
5/9/2017 5:57am
Yep love me some JG. He can shine outdoors for sure
jj welks
5/9/2017 6:02am
Would love to see JG pull off another glen Helen win
4rings
5/9/2017 6:39am
Speaking of switching camera angles... I believe they are getting worse at the coverage. Between Ralph and Jeff (and the others) yelling over each other to...
Speaking of switching camera angles... I believe they are getting worse at the coverage. Between Ralph and Jeff (and the others) yelling over each other to going to takeaways about how one of the riders likes to fish or changing camera angle right before a pass. Osborne is putting in the ride of his life and they switch to watch AC ride all alone over the finish line (use the split screen!) Then, after controversy the entire race between the two, Dungey rides up and starts pointing his finger at Tomac and they switch to the ******** fireworks (for several seconds.) Camera work is great. Hell, let Ralph or Jeff control which camera we are seeing. There is no way they could do any worse.
Vegas coverage was great. My favorite part was when they turned the camera sideways.
RPM93
5/9/2017 6:41am
When he is on it he can run the pace!!! JG is going to do some damage to the title hopes of many outdoors!
I can see him in the top 3 if he stays 100% healthy. I remember his speed before the ankles and he is about there again.
5/9/2017 6:44am
Speaking of switching camera angles... I believe they are getting worse at the coverage. Between Ralph and Jeff (and the others) yelling over each other to...
I think they have to show the winner crossing the line, Im not 100% sure but I think that a few years back in the gp's they had to show the entire last lap of the winner no matter what interesting fights was going on further back.
The split screen would make total sense tho. Not that anybody would watch the winner..
marx41
Fantasy
1387th
5/9/2017 9:48am
Looked to me like he was counting on Anderson jumping it, then Anderson oj'd the triple before and had to triple instead of quad forcing him to check up at the last second.
Red141
5/9/2017 10:06am
I saw it when I watched the race again. It made me think of Roczen's crash - When do these guys think of bailing versus riding it out?
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/9/2017 11:49am
JG has that "lightning in a bottle" speed. Every now and then, he can throw DOWN.
SoCalMX70
5/9/2017 12:27pm
4rings wrote:
Vegas coverage was great. My favorite part was when they turned the camera sideways.
It's more gangster that way.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
5/9/2017 4:43pm
Anyone notice Blake bagget was the only guy to hit that quad on the first lap? He's going to be a sleeper outdoors
KBOLTZ
5/9/2017 6:17pm
4rings wrote:
Haha I thought the same thing. It's like they attached a GoPro to a football and threw it over the track.
Rdubs19
5/9/2017 6:43pm
Red141 wrote:
I saw it when I watched the race again. It made me think of Roczen's crash - When do these guys think of bailing versus riding...
I saw it when I watched the race again. It made me think of Roczen's crash - When do these guys think of bailing versus riding it out?
Seems better to try and ride it out if possible. Let the bike take as much of the hit as possible.

Post a reply to: Josh Grant casing the quad

The Latest