Josh Grant

smc916
5/22/2010 10:16pm
Down south.. I'm one of those guys that likes bar banging but going out of your way to chop the guys front wheel off in the...
Down south.. I'm one of those guys that likes bar banging but going out of your way to chop the guys front wheel off in the first moto of the series is just stupid.

JG in my eyes is a 909, flat billed, tattoo wearing, freestyle wanna be punk. I used to be a huge fan of JG's when he first came on the scene . But now I can't stand the kid.

I like MA though. MA is a work-aholic , die hard moto head. MA is going to work JG over all year long.
DownSouth wrote:
If it was Dungey making the same pass on Short how would you see it? Be honest. IMO this to me has everything to do with...
If it was Dungey making the same pass on Short how would you see it? Be honest. IMO this to me has everything to do with the people involved and nothing to do with the actual pass.
txrider44 wrote:
Correct...Nobody was crying when RC locked up the brakes to hit Tortelli's front wheel, or when RC broke RonRons leg.
You beat me to it!
DanDunes818
5/22/2010 10:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:01pm
DownSouth wrote:
[b]"cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move"[/b] You have got to be kidding me. Every one says they want close exciting racing, then when one guy...
"cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move" You have got to be kidding me.

Every one says they want close exciting racing, then when one guy puts a teeny little brake check on a guy and never touched him they all cry foul and bitch about it.
Down south.. I'm one of those guys that likes bar banging but going out of your way to chop the guys front wheel off in the...
Down south.. I'm one of those guys that likes bar banging but going out of your way to chop the guys front wheel off in the first moto of the series is just stupid.

JG in my eyes is a 909, flat billed, tattoo wearing, freestyle wanna be punk. I used to be a huge fan of JG's when he first came on the scene . But now I can't stand the kid.

I like MA though. MA is a work-aholic , die hard moto head. MA is going to work JG over all year long.
DownSouth wrote:
If it was Dungey making the same pass on Short how would you see it? Be honest. IMO this to me has everything to do with...
If it was Dungey making the same pass on Short how would you see it? Be honest. IMO this to me has everything to do with the people involved and nothing to do with the actual pass.
Down south.. I'm ok with what he did I just think it was stupid that's all. I think it was totally uncalled for. If JG want's to let his personal feelings and vendetta's out on MA that's on him. I just think at that point of the race and the season he needs to put his head down and race. What's funny is I've never once seen MA pull anything even remotely dirty on JG and for some reason JG is always trying to put mike down. I think he's just a jealous little boy.

I do think MA needs to grow a pair and let JG know he's not going to put up w/that shit. If MA doesn't JG will be trying to take out his front wheel every chance he gets.
jaeckle
5/22/2010 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2010 11:16pm
I don't question Grants racing tactics. You do what it takes to win. His off track persona is unbecoming of a profesional racer. The punk, fmx, tatoo, gang sign thing is totally not RC. Not much of a role model for his sponsors to hang thier hat on.
BLAHBLAH
5/22/2010 11:18pm
Grant was the same ol'grant nothing different... fast when he wanted to be riding his way to a top ten finish when he didn't... he'll when an overall this year but probably when it doesn't mean anything

The Shop

5/22/2010 11:24pm
such unprofessional behavior when he's got one of the most professional team owners in the sport. Maybe he should go hit ramps with his mulisha friends instead
Sandberm
5/22/2010 11:31pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Grant was the same ol'grant nothing different... fast when he wanted to be riding his way to a top ten finish when he didn't... he'll when...
Grant was the same ol'grant nothing different... fast when he wanted to be riding his way to a top ten finish when he didn't... he'll when an overall this year but probably when it doesn't mean anything
Thats my assesment of J. Grant too. I thought Albrecht was holding him back from raceing the last few sx's so he could win the 450 outdoor title?

Anyways, you know, this Allessi crap from his amatuer days just wont die, so it must have been pretty irritating and rediculous if guys like Grant, Milsaps and Villo still bring it up after all these years.
JBDANK
5/22/2010 11:33pm
in such a hard core sport there are sure a bunch of cry babies ! if u cant shit on jlaw yall pick shit out about grant ! yall goodies have had your good boys for to long and when someone has a little spice u wanna water them down ! i wanna say so much but i will leave it at that !
gnarwhip
5/22/2010 11:34pm
Villo TOOK OUT Dungey at St Louis. Grant BRAKE CHECKED Alessi today. If he wanted to, he could have cleaned him out easily on numerous occasions, because he was going much faster. That was as nice as it gets between those two.
mxbile131
5/22/2010 11:36pm
If you have ever been around him personally, you would think he is even more of tool...
DanDunes818
5/22/2010 11:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2010 11:46pm
JBDANK wrote:
in such a hard core sport there are sure a bunch of cry babies ! if u cant shit on jlaw yall pick shit out about...
in such a hard core sport there are sure a bunch of cry babies ! if u cant shit on jlaw yall pick shit out about grant ! yall goodies have had your good boys for to long and when someone has a little spice u wanna water them down ! i wanna say so much but i will leave it at that !
There's a little spice and then there's a douche bag. JG is a complete douche bag. And i'm not saying that because of the take out move..

He is a complete tool that's one year away from being on the nuclear cowboy tour..
5/22/2010 11:42pm
There's a little spice and then there's a douche bag. JG is a complete douche bag. And i'm not saying that because of the take out...
There's a little spice and then there's a douche bag. JG is a complete douche bag. And i'm not saying that because of the take out move..

He is a complete tool that's one year away from being on the nuclear cowboy tour..
well said
Jake-247
5/22/2010 11:47pm
Titan1 wrote:
After the crap he pulled at the press conference (this more than anything), the cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move he pulled on Alessi in...
After the crap he pulled at the press conference (this more than anything), the cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move he pulled on Alessi in the first moto, and after his 2nd moto finish the fact that his riding can't back up his talk and actions....I just can't be a fan of that guy.

I wish him no ill will, and love his riding style, and admire his ability....but I just can't bring myself to root for the guy.

Until he can win a title he'll never be a true "contender" in my mind, and until he grows up and learns to act more like a professional rather than an "FMX" style punk I don't believe he'll ever be a "franchise" rider (Ala RC, MC, Dungey, K-Dub, etc) that is worthy and able to carry the sport.

Anyway...off my soap box now...just had to toss my .02 out there into the land of worthless opinions (of which I"m sure mine is the most worthless).
Yeah but RC could actually win on a consistent basis, Josh Grant whos that guy?
JackLHyde
5/22/2010 11:57pm
There was no real attempt at a takeout move. He was clearly faster and in that particular corner it was the only way to go by Mike. I bet Alessi knew what was coming.
Ddavis
5/23/2010 12:03am
I didnt think his pass was aggresive, or dirty. Just mind games.
BLAHBLAH
5/23/2010 12:04am
I think.................

Josh grant is a very talented guy (who can argue).. who is happy being fast enough to win, on any certain weekend not any given weekend, to maintain his persona... once he gives up the "cool guy" image and focuses on winning he has the talent to win..

My point being... a championship has always come second fiddle to being "COOL"

I hope he can put cool guy aside... we'll see
Fleece192
5/23/2010 1:02am
If I were Cory Gibbs I would fire that stupid ass..He is a joke to the sport..
WideOpen
5/23/2010 3:18am
such unprofessional behavior when he's got one of the most professional team owners in the sport. Maybe he should go hit ramps with his mulisha friends...
such unprofessional behavior when he's got one of the most professional team owners in the sport. Maybe he should go hit ramps with his mulisha friends instead
Some where along the way Alessi will get his shot to clean Grant out. I hope its on the fastest part of a track and Mike just drives across Grants front tire and ends his season.
Chili
5/23/2010 3:32am
Fleece192 wrote:
If you were Cory Gibbs you'd be playing soccer not running JGR Racing but hey whatever floats your boat.
SCIENCE
5/23/2010 5:19am
ridge wrote:
But Titan, this sports greatest known racers have all been like that. Hannah, Johnson, MC, RC, Bubba...they all ran their mouths a little, and in some...
But Titan, this sports greatest known racers have all been like that. Hannah, Johnson, MC, RC, Bubba...they all ran their mouths a little, and in some cases, a lot! I see your point though, that Grant hasn't won enough to be so cocky.

I like him, and his attitude, and I don't know why!
I'm with you. Why is this generation so sensitive? That move was harmless! The best thing MA can do is get away from him. Grant will win a few and take 800 (or some one else) to the fence more than once. Unfortunately for him, his second moto will haunt him title wise.
Whitey
5/23/2010 5:21am
Fleece192 wrote:
I think you mean Coy Gibbs.

jleews6
5/23/2010 5:50am
JG is one of those guy's that needs to learn to walk softly and carry a big stick. That way when he gets beat by guys like Mike A he doesn't look so bad and when he does beat them he can just have his shit eating grin.
BlueThumper
5/23/2010 7:41am
He will not make it to the end of the series, will not be in the title hunt, and will go back to being just another fast practice rider. Total douche bag.
Cygnus
5/23/2010 7:58am
I blame it on the rap.
bobby397
5/23/2010 8:03am
ridge wrote:
But Titan, this sports greatest known racers have all been like that. Hannah, Johnson, MC, RC, Bubba...they all ran their mouths a little, and in some...
But Titan, this sports greatest known racers have all been like that. Hannah, Johnson, MC, RC, Bubba...they all ran their mouths a little, and in some cases, a lot! I see your point though, that Grant hasn't won enough to be so cocky.

i agree sir
John Birch
5/23/2010 8:03am
ridge wrote:

txrider44 wrote:
Aren't Grant and Reed the only riders in the class that have won 125 sx and mx & 250 sx and mx?
Did Davi win an outdoor lites race?
No. Finished 2nd quite a few times on the 250f, but never won a moto. His first outdoor moto win was 07, 1st moto Colorado.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/23/2010 8:10am
Why not enjoy the racing and not give a crap about stuff that's nothing to you? There's nothing worse than an adult with diaper rash on the internet.
stumpjumper
5/23/2010 8:27am
Titan is crying over spilled milk and then tries to make it go away? Get over it crybaby.
sharkey
5/23/2010 8:31am
Fleece192 wrote:
and replace him with who?a 10th place or worse finisher
Outsider
5/23/2010 8:46am
WTF?

Who left the gate open?! Fuggin poosy spermchugglers always sneak in when the gate is left open!!!

Post a reply to: Josh Grant

The Latest