Josh Grant

Titan1
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:06am
After the crap he pulled at the press conference (this more than anything), the cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move he pulled on Alessi in the first moto, and after his 2nd moto finish the fact that his riding can't back up his talk and actions....I just can't be a fan of that guy.

I wish him no ill will, and love his riding style, and admire his ability....but I just can't bring myself to root for the guy.

Until he can win a title he'll never be a true "contender" in my mind, and until he grows up and learns to act more like a professional rather than an "FMX" style punk I don't believe he'll ever be a "franchise" rider (Ala RC, MC, Dungey, K-Dub, etc) that is worthy and able to carry the sport.

Anyway...off my soap box now...just had to toss my .02 out there into the land of worthless opinions (of which I"m sure mine is the most worthless).
|
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
5/22/2010 8:49pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2010 8:50pm
What happened to him in moto 2 anyways? Where did he finish?
DownSouth
5/22/2010 8:55pm
"cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move" You have got to be kidding me.

Every one says they want close exciting racing, then when one guy puts a teeny little brake check on a guy and never touched him they all cry foul and bitch about it.
ridge
5/22/2010 8:56pm
He got a bad start but caught Reed pretty quickly. Then Reed started charging and Grant stayed around 10th for a long time. I'm not sure where he finished.

The Shop

jaeckle
5/22/2010 8:57pm
Titan1 wrote:
After the crap he pulled at the press conference (this more than anything), the cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move he pulled on Alessi in...
After the crap he pulled at the press conference (this more than anything), the cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move he pulled on Alessi in the first moto, and after his 2nd moto finish the fact that his riding can't back up his talk and actions....I just can't be a fan of that guy.

I wish him no ill will, and love his riding style, and admire his ability....but I just can't bring myself to root for the guy.

Until he can win a title he'll never be a true "contender" in my mind, and until he grows up and learns to act more like a professional rather than an "FMX" style punk I don't believe he'll ever be a "franchise" rider (Ala RC, MC, Dungey, K-Dub, etc) that is worthy and able to carry the sport.

Anyway...off my soap box now...just had to toss my .02 out there into the land of worthless opinions (of which I"m sure mine is the most worthless).
You speak the truth sir. Your not the only one with that opinion of Grant.
Titan1
5/22/2010 9:00pm
DownSouth wrote:
[b]"cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move"[/b] You have got to be kidding me. Every one says they want close exciting racing, then when one guy...

Every one says they want close exciting racing, then when one guy puts a teeny little brake check on a guy and never touched him they all cry foul and bitch about it.
I"ve got nothing against "rubbing", "block passing" etc....but I have a huge problem with a purposeful take out (with a "look back" on top...just to see if you got the job done). That just shows a lack of professionalism and a lack of maturity.

Of course, after the press conference garbage he pulled, nothing the guy does would surprise me....isn't this "professional" motocross???? How much less professional can a guy get than to show a complete lack of respect for his competition...at the press conference...at the opening round of the series...in front of the state capital???

Anyway...the guy just rubs me the wrong way...
DownSouth
5/22/2010 9:03pm
DownSouth wrote:
[b]"cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move"[/b] You have got to be kidding me. Every one says they want close exciting racing, then when one guy...

Titan1 wrote:
I"ve got nothing against "rubbing", "block passing" etc....but I have a huge problem with a purposeful take out (with a "look back" on top...just to see...
I"ve got nothing against "rubbing", "block passing" etc....but I have a huge problem with a purposeful take out (with a "look back" on top...just to see if you got the job done). That just shows a lack of professionalism and a lack of maturity.

Of course, after the press conference garbage he pulled, nothing the guy does would surprise me....isn't this "professional" motocross???? How much less professional can a guy get than to show a complete lack of respect for his competition...at the press conference...at the opening round of the series...in front of the state capital???

So no rider is allowed to get to the inside of another riders line because it is a take out move? It is unproefessional?
Titan1
5/22/2010 9:07pm
DownSouth wrote:

Titan1 wrote:
I"ve got nothing against "rubbing", "block passing" etc....but I have a huge problem with a purposeful take out (with a "look back" on top...just to see...

DownSouth wrote:
So no rider is allowed to get to the inside of another riders line because it is a take out move? It is unproefessional?
Did you see the "look back"???? Did you hear about what Grant did to Alessi in the press conference?

Grant tried to take Alessi out...and looked back to make sure he got the job done (which he didn't...surprise, surprise)....I have a problem with that.

If you don't know the difference between a take out and a "block pass", then we are done with this conversation as you are either purposely being argumentative or don't have the I.Q. to understand.
txrider44
As long as its not in front of the state capital, its ok. You are a kook Titan1.
Casemark
Titan1 wrote:
After the crap he pulled at the press conference (this more than anything), the cheesy, cheap, "look back" take out move he pulled on Alessi in...

I couldn't agree with you more. I like Josh Grant when he races, but he puts so much effort into being a dick head off the track and even on the track (at times), that I dislike the guy.

I wasn't sure if there where others that see the things I do, but I see there are. It suck's because the guy could be better than he is if he would just shut his mouth, quit worrying about trying to take Alessi out and stop throwing gang signs when he makes it to the podium.

I do like cocky / confident racers, but not the way Josh Grant does it.
ridge
5/22/2010 9:10pm
But Titan, this sports greatest known racers have all been like that. Hannah, Johnson, MC, RC, Bubba...they all ran their mouths a little, and in some cases, a lot! I see your point though, that Grant hasn't won enough to be so cocky.

I like him, and his attitude, and I don't know why!
Titan1
5/22/2010 9:10pm
Titan1 wrote:

Casemark wrote:
I couldn't agree with you more. I like Josh Grant when he races, but he puts so much effort into being a dick head off the...
I couldn't agree with you more. I like Josh Grant when he races, but he puts so much effort into being a dick head off the track and even on the track (at times), that I dislike the guy.

I wasn't sure if there where others that see the things I do, but I see there are. It suck's because the guy could be better than he is if he would just shut his mouth, quit worrying about trying to take Alessi out and stop throwing gang signs when he makes it to the podium.

I do like cocky / confident racers, but not the way Josh Grant does it.
Amen!

I just cringe every time I see the stupid gang sign thing he throws out every time there is a camera pointed at him.....
Ing
5/22/2010 9:16pm
Titan1 wrote:

So what was the "press conference garbage"? How can I listen to it? What the hell did I miss???
txrider44
5/22/2010 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:01pm
ridge wrote:
But Titan, this sports greatest known racers have all been like that. Hannah, Johnson, MC, RC, Bubba...they all ran their mouths a little, and in some...
But Titan, this sports greatest known racers have all been like that. Hannah, Johnson, MC, RC, Bubba...they all ran their mouths a little, and in some cases, a lot! I see your point though, that Grant hasn't won enough to be so cocky.

Aren't Grant and Reed the only riders in the class that have won 125 sx and mx & 250 sx and mx?
DownSouth
5/22/2010 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:01pm
Titan1 wrote:

DownSouth wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Did you see the "look back"???? Did you hear about what Grant did to Alessi in the press conference? Grant tried to take Alessi out...and looked...
Did you see the "look back"???? Did you hear about what Grant did to Alessi in the press conference?

Grant tried to take Alessi out...and looked back to make sure he got the job done (which he didn't...surprise, surprise)....I have a problem with that.

If you don't know the difference between a take out and a "block pass", then we are done with this conversation as you are either purposely being argumentative or don't have the I.Q. to understand.
You are obvoiusly looking at the pass through Alessi colored glasses. I am not a Grant fan. If that pass was on any other rider than Alessi no one would have said a thing.

Why do you think the organizers seated Grant and Alessi next to each other at the press conference? Do you think they wanted one of them to say something so that there would be something to report about? Ever seen a boxing press conference?

And the "look back" when making a pass like that is to make sure that you got to the right spot and the other guy was not able to cut back under you. If you are going in there to take a guy out you know what is going to happen and dont bother looking. I have some expereince on both ends of this situation.

Titan1
5/22/2010 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:01pm
Titan1 wrote:

Ing wrote:
So what was the "press conference garbage"? How can I listen to it? What the hell did I miss???
Alessi was talking about the horsepower disadvantage of the 350 (a huge media story line for the opening round) and how it would be most apparent on the starts...and Grant started nodding his head with a cheesy grin on his face such that everyone started chuckling during Alessi's time on the mike, while Alessi was in the middle of answering the question (Alessi had to talk over the chuckling)...and the made some cheap shot remark at alessi just before he put the mike down.

Anyway...
Titan1
5/22/2010 9:22pm
DownSouth wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Did you see the "look back"???? Did you hear about what Grant did to Alessi in the press conference? Grant tried to take Alessi out...and looked...

DownSouth wrote:
You are obvoiusly looking at the pass through Alessi colored glasses. I am not a Grant fan. If that pass was on any other rider than...
You are obvoiusly looking at the pass through Alessi colored glasses. I am not a Grant fan. If that pass was on any other rider than Alessi no one would have said a thing.

Why do you think the organizers seated Grant and Alessi next to each other at the press conference? Do you think they wanted one of them to say something so that there would be something to report about? Ever seen a boxing press conference?

And the "look back" when making a pass like that is to make sure that you got to the right spot and the other guy was not able to cut back under you. If you are going in there to take a guy out you know what is going to happen and dont bother looking. I have some expereince on both ends of this situation.

Okay...we're done with this conversation.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
5/22/2010 9:22pm
that move Grant put on Mike today wasnt totally "dirty" but it was uncalled for. He just caught up to him and was obviously going faster and could have just made the pass and kept charging. He obviously wasnt interested in just passing Alessi and that is where the problem lies. If Mike and him had been playing cat and mouse and Mike was blocking his lines, then hell yes make a statement when you pass him but what happened today was just a sign of the type of character Grant is.
txrider44
5/22/2010 9:24pm
Titan1 wrote:

Ing wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Alessi was talking about the horsepower disadvantage of the 350 (a huge media story line for the opening round) and how it would be most apparent...
Alessi was talking about the horsepower disadvantage of the 350 (a huge media story line for the opening round) and how it would be most apparent on the starts...and Grant started nodding his head with a cheesy grin on his face such that everyone started chuckling during Alessi's time on the mike, while Alessi was in the middle of answering the question (Alessi had to talk over the chuckling)...and the made some cheap shot remark at alessi just before he put the mike down.

Anyway...
Oh snap, no he didnt!! What a mean guy.
Titan1
5/22/2010 9:25pm
hartebreak wrote:
that move Grant put on Mike today wasnt totally "dirty" but it was uncalled for. He just caught up to him and was obviously going faster...
that move Grant put on Mike today wasnt totally "dirty" but it was uncalled for. He just caught up to him and was obviously going faster and could have just made the pass and kept charging. He obviously wasnt interested in just passing Alessi and that is where the problem lies. If Mike and him had been playing cat and mouse and Mike was blocking his lines, then hell yes make a statement when you pass him but what happened today was just a sign of the type of character Grant is.
X2
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
5/22/2010 9:29pm
Titan1 wrote: I"ve got nothing against "rubbing", "block passing" etc....but I have a huge problem with a purposeful take out (with a "look back" on top...just to see if you got the job done). That just shows a lack of professionalism and a lack of maturity.

Are we talking about the same alessi who put the ultimate purposeful take out on tedesco a few years back? Let me guess that happened years ago and mikey has matured right?

From what i've read on here in the past mikey was no saint coming up through the amatuers with Grant, Millsaps etc, i'm sure alot of people have probably forgiven and forgotten but i dont think Grant has.
smc916
5/22/2010 9:30pm
Ing wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Alessi was talking about the horsepower disadvantage of the 350 (a huge media story line for the opening round) and how it would be most apparent...

Anyway...
txrider44 wrote:
Oh snap, no he didnt!! What a mean guy.
Haha!!!Laughing
5/22/2010 9:34pm
ridge wrote:
But Titan, this sports greatest known racers have all been like that. Hannah, Johnson, MC, RC, Bubba...they all ran their mouths a little, and in some...

txrider44 wrote:
Aren't Grant and Reed the only riders in the class that have won 125 sx and mx & 250 sx and mx?
Did Davi win an outdoor lites race?
txrider44
5/22/2010 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2010 9:39pm
ridge wrote:

txrider44 wrote:
Did Davi win an outdoor lites race?
Nope, hasnt won an overall. He did win a moto on a 250f and won a moto last year on a 450, but no overalls.
Ddavis
5/22/2010 9:40pm
I can't stand to read this bullshit.

Josh Grant is BADASS, period.
txrider44
5/22/2010 9:43pm
Ddavis wrote:
I can't stand to read this bullshit.

Josh Grant is BADASS, period.
But he looked back at Alessi as he passed him in front of the state capital!!! As Michelle Tanner would say..."How rude!"
DanDunes818
5/22/2010 10:01pm
DownSouth wrote:

Down south.. I'm one of those guys that likes bar banging but going out of your way to chop the guys front wheel off in the first moto of the series is just stupid.

JG in my eyes is a 909, flat billed, tattoo wearing, freestyle wanna be punk. I used to be a huge fan of JG's when he first came on the scene . But now I can't stand the kid.

I like MA though. MA is a work-aholic , die hard moto head. MA is going to work JG over all year long.
DownSouth
5/22/2010 10:08pm
DownSouth wrote:

Down south.. I'm one of those guys that likes bar banging but going out of your way to chop the guys front wheel off in the...
Down south.. I'm one of those guys that likes bar banging but going out of your way to chop the guys front wheel off in the first moto of the series is just stupid.

JG in my eyes is a 909, flat billed, tattoo wearing, freestyle wanna be punk. I used to be a huge fan of JG's when he first came on the scene . But now I can't stand the kid.

I like MA though. MA is a work-aholic , die hard moto head. MA is going to work JG over all year long.
If it was Dungey making the same pass on Short how would you see it? Be honest. IMO this to me has everything to do with the people involved and nothing to do with the actual pass.
txrider44
5/22/2010 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2010 10:13pm
DownSouth wrote:

Down south.. I'm one of those guys that likes bar banging but going out of your way to chop the guys front wheel off in the...

DownSouth wrote:
If it was Dungey making the same pass on Short how would you see it? Be honest. IMO this to me has everything to do with...
If it was Dungey making the same pass on Short how would you see it? Be honest. IMO this to me has everything to do with the people involved and nothing to do with the actual pass.
Correct...Nobody was crying when RC locked up the brakes to hit Tortelli's front wheel, or when RC broke RonRons leg.
smc916
5/22/2010 10:13pm
DownSouth wrote:

DownSouth wrote:
If it was Dungey making the same pass on Short how would you see it? Be honest. IMO this to me has everything to do with...
RC made the look back brake check famous, if he did it it has to be acceptable right?

Post a reply to: Josh Grant

The Latest