Jorge Prado 61

ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/2/2015 4:54pm
machine wrote:
Shouldn't he have to do the RC road to SX?
He'll have to.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/2/2015 4:55pm
machine wrote:
ML512 wrote:
He'll have to.
Actually, if he has a FIM license and races a MX2 GP, he won't have to.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
11/2/2015 5:10pm
machine wrote:
ML512 wrote:
He'll have to.
ML512 wrote:
Interesting
He will have many oportunities next year to do some mx2 races even if he does the emx series.

I remember seeing him the first time when he got 65cc World Champion in italy. He was so incredibly fast on that little bike... The same day Jonass got the 85cc world title and savatgy got the 125 one after battling with seewer and alldredge
Be interesting to see him race against those guys soon
Xavier
11/2/2015 5:45pm
Great talent, great attitude, great kid !

I hope we'll have him next year in Bercy-Lille !

The Shop

Ninurta
11/2/2015 9:31pm
That's one Jorge I'd like to see becoming a world champ LaughingLaughing
Seems like a nice kid. Big challenges ahead for him going to the USA. Good luck to him and I wish him all the best.I'll have to attend all the races I can this year to see this kid ride over here Whistling

thx Richard for posting
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
11/3/2015 4:39am
According to motocrossplanet he will race for KTM in 2017. Does that mean he will ride for TLD (if they will be on KTM still)?
downard254
11/3/2015 4:54am
..if Supercross is overseen by the FIM...why cant he race at 15....
ML512 wrote:
We have a different batch of supplemental rules for Supercross. The pro age in the US is 16 for both Supercross and Outdoors.
...I like supplements...
...supplement AMA rules...not so much...Tongue
Dazzle, I think you meant to say you like Supple Implants, not supplements, correct? Just thought I'd point that out for you. I love Supple Implants too.Wink
11/3/2015 6:09am
NVA57 wrote:
According to motocrossplanet he will race for KTM in 2017. Does that mean he will ride for TLD (if they will be on KTM still)?
he has a contract to 2020 at KTM
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/3/2015 6:29am
NVA57 wrote:
he has a contract to 2020 at KTM
To race for KTM in the States, he'll have to ride for TLD.
11/3/2015 7:17am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2015 7:18am
ML512 wrote:
To race for KTM in the States, he'll have to ride for TLD.
yeah i know , KTM 250 in the USA is TLD if they still use KTM in 2017
11/3/2015 9:56am
RonSkj wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
This guy came onto a MX message board to spread MX related news. Maybe go somewhere else if you don't want to discuss MX related topics...
This guy came onto a MX message board to spread MX related news. Maybe go somewhere else if you don't want to discuss MX related topics? Try seventeen magazine or something. They'll probably gladly accept you judging by what seems to be your personality.
"Just sayin"
RonSkj wrote:
Sad
ok i think RonSkj gets our point lol

my reply was tong in cheek for the most part, no hard feelings.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
11/3/2015 10:14am
agn5009 wrote:
This guy came onto a MX message board to spread MX related news. Maybe go somewhere else if you don't want to discuss MX related topics...
This guy came onto a MX message board to spread MX related news. Maybe go somewhere else if you don't want to discuss MX related topics? Try seventeen magazine or something. They'll probably gladly accept you judging by what seems to be your personality.
"Just sayin"
RonSkj wrote:
Sad
ok i think RonSkj gets our point lol

my reply was tong in cheek for the most part, no hard feelings.
Thanks Travis. My suicidal thoughts are finally diminishing. Wink
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/3/2015 10:17am
Definitely looking forward to him racing here. The more fast guys the better. Look out AF.
ruy
11/3/2015 12:36pm

Thank everyone for the interest and responses, especially the positive, it is majority, it is good to see is people from differents countries and there some ones know good about Jorge and others see and says, ey who is that boy? thats great, is talk about Motocross, talk about one young very good rider who try to arrive to the top

Would be appreciated share here all you can see publish interesting about Jorge, in the USA time, for all us can follow

ruy
11/5/2015 9:19am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2015 9:33am
http://mx1onboard.com/entrevista-jorge-prado-2/

The suitcase is ready at the door of his home in Lommel. Inside there are clothes for more than two months, school books, various models of Red Bull hat and two hulls which show that is not about tourism.
The remaining material heavier, his team has sent directly to California. Precisely KTM Factory Racing team has argued the American "candy" to seduce the boy and close the contract with the great promise of international motocross until 2021.
Our Jorge Prado, the youngster of fourteen who dazzled the fans with his meteoric rise up leave the United States in California for land preparation for 2016 and start living what for him is a dream season, "From I run motorbike my goal has been to reach the AMA Supercross Championship and now we will take a small step. I will train there, with American pros, to prove in supercross and learn about a country that lives with passion the sport. "
While his father documentation and luggage checks, Jorge can not hide his joy at the trip: "I have not been there, but I know him well to see many videos; I know there are many spectacular circuits and good weather ... All I need to make a good preseason. "
What will be the weekly plan?
- "Walking long motorcycle, at least four days a week, two more will I go by bike and one for rest and learn a little something."
Will you do motocross or supercross?
- "At first motocross because I get after a month off and I have to take shape, but of course that later prove to supercross what I like."
Lugo will be integrated into the team structure 250 KTM-Red Bull-TLD, whose headquarters is located south of Los Angeles in the city of Temecula: "In principle I will train much with Jessy Nelson and Shane McElrath, but coincidiré repeatedly guess the rest of KTM and for that matter, ever hope to match or James Stewart Ken Roczen. "
What is the purpose of the trip?
- "Learn and learn. Filming much motorbike and know how to adapt quickly is all ... I guess also eat many burgers and the occasional ice cream. "
-When you return?
- "In January, just after the first race of the AMA Supercross in Anaheim; we are left to see it to know the atmosphere inside. "
-With whom do you travel?
- "I'm going with my father and live in a apartment, but then come Christmas holidays my mother and my sister."
'And the studies?
- "No problem, we talked with the college of Lommel and I have greatly facilitated things. I just have to move forward with the agenda and ask questions by mail or by videoconference. For now, as I have very good grades, they trust me. "
It is true that in negotiating with KTM has weighed heavily plan to medium / long term to run in the US, but still Jorge does not know when will that leap: "So far in 2016 will run in Europe and then back to United States in winter to keep trying little by little, but you can not know today, depends on what they think in KTM and also how I go ... Just'm a potato and then do not go there. "
Where do you think it's highest level?
- "I think the American level is very high and Europe too. They are different races, I think Dungey would not win in Europe, like in USA Cairoli not win, although without a doubt Jeffrey Herlings is above all, is the best. "

CHAMPION OF EUROPE

The trip to America is the finishing touch to a brilliant season for Prado, which has exceeded all expectations: "He came running with 85 cc with small wheels and it was my first season in 125 with a more powerful and heavier bike, which came out in order to climb up into the top ten European and it turns out I've won, I am the European champion, we did not expect it . "
And after that you went to two and a half What was the change?
- "As in the transition from 85 to 125, this has not been a very sudden but progressive change. The hardest thing is to adapt to the difference in weight and gaining strength to hold them, but I like the change because the four stroke should not take such high speed and me, I like to change very soon, the engine is well suited to my style. Anyway, if you go fast on a bike, you go fast at all. "
-The Race Championship in Talavera Spain has been a good thermometer to measure yourself right?
- "Yes, there were only he trained a month with the 250 cc And I also I gave him a good slap in training, but despite that I felt great, I second and I could see that I'm close to Iker Larrañaga and Ander Valentín, who have already demonstrated that they can be ahead at the European, so that I encourage me for next year and the work of preseason. "
But the European 250 D.C. will be much more difficult ...
- "Of course, as there is no age limit and no pilots worldwide, with much experience. To this we must add to all my rivals this year, they were not lame. It will be hard, but I like that. "
You -¿Debutarás in some MX2 World Championship race?
- "I guess so, if all goes well this year and will run some of the World and I go for everything. The level of the first World is higher, but the average European level is higher, so go out to do my best to go first and if they can, they caught me ... "
-In Sand you've shown you're at the highest level, does that mean I have to improve in tough terrain?
- "It's funny, but I won the race that was precisely the European hard, which I do not think that goes wrong in this area, not least because the Championship of Spain's all hard. What I think is that I'm a full-time pilot and is very noticeable in the arena, where other pilots flojean. "
And the trial you also use it as training?
- "Yes, I amuse myself by me and brings balance and confidence on the bike. Also this month I have run two races in Belgium and have been first and third in the other. "
It seems that nothing resists the Spanish motocross prodigy, even the microphone. Your future will continue drawn out at the EMX250, in the World MX2 and the American adventure in which only the best have succeeded. Good luck, Jorge !!!

https://www.facebook.com/Jorge-Prado-61-Fans-Club-247143215358021/
11/5/2015 1:11pm
ML512 wrote:
We have a different batch of supplemental rules for Supercross. The pro age in the US is 16 for both Supercross and Outdoors.
...I like supplements...
...supplement AMA rules...not so much...Tongue
downard254 wrote:
Dazzle, I think you meant to say you like Supple Implants, not supplements, correct? Just thought I'd point that out for you. I love Supple Implants...
Dazzle, I think you meant to say you like Supple Implants, not supplements, correct? Just thought I'd point that out for you. I love Supple Implants too.Wink
...haaaah!!!!!.....GrinningSilly
11/8/2015 8:11am
machine wrote:
ML512 wrote:
He'll have to.
ML512 wrote:
...so if the FIM says he is good enough...AMA rules dont apply...
Motofinne
11/8/2015 8:13am
Damn those TLD KTMs are by far the best looking bikes out there.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/8/2015 9:25am
To be exact, I think it's finish top 20 in an MX2 or MXGP race. I think it's sorta fair, it would be ridiculous to say take Jeffrey Herlings and tell him he has to race Arenacross if he were to come over. Not comparing Jorge Prado to the skill level of Herlings, but the fact that you would take a proven MX2 racer and make him race Arenacross. In Prado's case, I'm sure he'll prove to be top 10 capable when he races MX2, making it hard to deny him the opportunity to come to America and go straight into Supercross and Outdoors with the TLD team.
slipdog
11/8/2015 9:46am
ML512 wrote:
To be exact, I think it's finish top 20 in an MX2 or MXGP race. I think it's sorta fair, it would be ridiculous to say...
To be exact, I think it's finish top 20 in an MX2 or MXGP race. I think it's sorta fair, it would be ridiculous to say take Jeffrey Herlings and tell him he has to race Arenacross if he were to come over. Not comparing Jorge Prado to the skill level of Herlings, but the fact that you would take a proven MX2 racer and make him race Arenacross. In Prado's case, I'm sure he'll prove to be top 10 capable when he races MX2, making it hard to deny him the opportunity to come to America and go straight into Supercross and Outdoors with the TLD team.
But that's exactly what they are doing to Benny Bloss. He got 15th at the Ironman national and yet he still has to race AX before he can get a SX license. At least that's what was said in the Benny Bloss thread.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/8/2015 10:26am
slipdog wrote:
But that's exactly what they are doing to Benny Bloss. He got 15th at the Ironman national and yet he still has to race AX before...
But that's exactly what they are doing to Benny Bloss. He got 15th at the Ironman national and yet he still has to race AX before he can get a SX license. At least that's what was said in the Benny Bloss thread.
Just to be clear, I at no point agree with the rule of having the Road to Supercross in its current form. I do think however there needs to be some sort of system to getting younger riders into Supercross, but without just chucking them in.
Motofinne
11/8/2015 10:46am
What Benny Bloss has to race before SX is not on the FIM? Isn't that on Feld or AMA? I don't know, nor do i care.

Benny Bloss is without a ride, that is the bigger problem.

I know that Matthes keeps bashing the road to SX, probably because of Carmichaels involvement. But the fact is, most of the top rookies in sx have positive experience of racing AX before SX.
slipdog
11/8/2015 1:27pm
ML512 wrote:
Just to be clear, I at no point agree with the rule of having the Road to Supercross in its current form. I do think however...
Just to be clear, I at no point agree with the rule of having the Road to Supercross in its current form. I do think however there needs to be some sort of system to getting younger riders into Supercross, but without just chucking them in.
I agree with you.

I just was pointing out the absurdity that an amateur standout(Prado) could score a top 20 at a GP and get granted a pass to race American Suprecross, but an American amateur standout(Bloss) can score top 20 at an American Motocross National yet still not allowed to race American Suprecross.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
11/8/2015 4:00pm
ML512 wrote:
Just to be clear, I at no point agree with the rule of having the Road to Supercross in its current form. I do think however...
slipdog wrote:
I agree with you. I just was pointing out the absurdity that an amateur standout(Prado) could score a top 20 at a GP and get granted...
I agree with you.

I just was pointing out the absurdity that an amateur standout(Prado) could score a top 20 at a GP and get granted a pass to race American Suprecross, but an American amateur standout(Bloss) can score top 20 at an American Motocross National yet still not allowed to race American Suprecross.
Well I guess its quite an accomplishment to reach the top 20 with 23 riders on the line
That one wildcard rider who scored points this year despite finishing last could ride SX
flamenco
11/8/2015 4:03pm
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/03/109838/s1200_11165312_10206568271265783_4363532705467558659_n.jpg[/img] Thank everyone for the interest and responses, especially the positive, it is majority, it is good to see is people from differents countries and there...

Thank everyone for the interest and responses, especially the positive, it is majority, it is good to see is people from differents countries and there some ones know good about Jorge and others see and says, ey who is that boy? thats great, is talk about Motocross, talk about one young very good rider who try to arrive to the top

Would be appreciated share here all you can see publish interesting about Jorge, in the USA time, for all us can follow

Hola Canarión!! Gracias por la información y links!! Espero que Jorge disfrute su viaje a los EEUU y aprenda un montón.
Money
11/9/2015 7:20pm
Does he start riding in US this week? Be interesting to see how he stacks up against the California kids who practice out there all the time
zehn
11/9/2015 8:50pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2015 8:51pm
Money wrote:
Does he start riding in US this week? Be interesting to see how he stacks up against the California kids who practice out there all the...
Does he start riding in US this week? Be interesting to see how he stacks up against the California kids who practice out there all the time
My guess is it will take a while for him to adjust to the different style of tracks, but he's pretty young and will be at full speed in no time.

Post a reply to: Jorge Prado 61

The Latest