Joey Rossi

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:33pm
According to vitalmx silly season rumors Joey Rossi can not find a ktm250 two stroke in the shop so he is going to have to wait until outdoors to ride a two stroke. He is currently riding a 250f which is not plan on doing Maybe we can help this guy out by finding a shop that has a 2012 ktm250 in stock so we can get this guy to ride the two stroke in supercross too. I know there is quite a few guys on this forum that have connections so maybe you could help this guy out. I know everyone hear would love to see him ride a 2 banger come A1.
http://www.vitalmx.com/features/2012-Silly-Season-Round-4,3211
|
wet paint
11/19/2011 8:45pm
Robbie Neeley at Neeley Racing(KTM dealer) in Spartanburg has one 864-578-6000. He had it at a local indoor race tonight on display with some other bikes.
MX Culture
11/19/2011 9:11pm
450 class on a 2 stroke?
I love 2 strokes and all, but why bother?
11/20/2011 7:07am
MX Culture wrote:
450 class on a 2 stroke?
Because a 2012 ktm250sx puts out 50hp stock. If you do a few modifications it will easily be around 55hp and a heck of a lot lighter than a 450. Not to mention he will save himself a ton of money in the parts department over the long haul.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
11/20/2011 8:05am
MX Culture wrote:
450 class on a 2 stroke?
Because a 2012 ktm250sx puts out 50hp stock. If you do a few modifications it will easily be around 55hp and a heck of a lot...
Because a 2012 ktm250sx puts out 50hp stock. If you do a few modifications it will easily be around 55hp and a heck of a lot lighter than a 450. Not to mention he will save himself a ton of money in the parts department over the long haul.
I will still be a completely different type of power and will put him at a severe disadvantage.

I will root for the guy and he will be a 2 stroke cult legend out there, but the reality is he is pretty much tying a hand behind his back.

The Shop

mxjef
11/20/2011 8:22am
Was it Lance Smail (sp?) that was riding some pos four stroke in SX before the YZF came out?.. I remember the crowd going nuts to see the only four stroke out there back then. I think it would be the same for Joey, I think the tracks are built for a four stroke now but Joey would have a lot of fan appeal!!.....
I'm hoping he can find a 250 2 stroke to ride!
newmann
11/20/2011 9:01am
Must not be able to find one because they are dead right?? At least according to the rocket surgeons here on Vital.....LMAO. Good luck kid, don't give up until you find one. You should just go ahead and drop the 300cc kit on it and tune it for SX. I mean, after all, what kind of puss would protest someone who was down 150cc on displacement?? Again, LMAO!

Look me up come Houston and I'll pay the extor.....uh, I mean entry fee for you and your two stroke.Smile
newmann
11/20/2011 9:05am
mxjef wrote:
Was it Lance Smail (sp?) that was riding some pos four stroke in SX before the YZF came out?.. I remember the crowd going nuts to...
Was it Lance Smail (sp?) that was riding some pos four stroke in SX before the YZF came out?.. I remember the crowd going nuts to see the only four stroke out there back then. I think it would be the same for Joey, I think the tracks are built for a four stroke now but Joey would have a lot of fan appeal!!.....
What was he on anyway, a 540 or 620?
Hallzilla
11/20/2011 9:10am
mxjef wrote:
Was it Lance Smail (sp?) that was riding some pos four stroke in SX before the YZF came out?.. I remember the crowd going nuts to...
THIS !
Hallzilla
11/20/2011 9:11am
mxjef wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
THIS !
Every time Lance would huck the big triple, It was like a victory on every lap !
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
11/20/2011 10:24am
newmann wrote:
Must not be able to find one because they are dead right?? At least according to the rocket surgeons here on Vital.....LMAO. Good luck kid, don't...
Must not be able to find one because they are dead right?? At least according to the rocket surgeons here on Vital.....LMAO. Good luck kid, don't give up until you find one. You should just go ahead and drop the 300cc kit on it and tune it for SX. I mean, after all, what kind of puss would protest someone who was down 150cc on displacement?? Again, LMAO!

Look me up come Houston and I'll pay the extor.....uh, I mean entry fee for you and your two stroke.Smile
Newman, I bought a 2011 KTM 250 2 stroke. It was really hard to find too. It was the FUNNEST bike I have EVER ridden.
newmann
11/20/2011 10:54am
newmann wrote:
Must not be able to find one because they are dead right?? At least according to the rocket surgeons here on Vital.....LMAO. Good luck kid, don't...

Regis wrote:
Newman, I bought a 2011 KTM 250 2 stroke. It was really hard to find too. It was the FUNNEST bike I have EVER ridden.
Well Regis, this is serious stuff here, you'd better leave the fun out of it! Odd how this sport tried to go all high tech in the last decade and has literally fallen on it's face lately. People are quick to point out how everybody overspent and the economy, blah blah blah but they don't see any fault with the OEM's and their four stroke plans.

You still living large on the Bayou?Smile
Harry_Gray
11/20/2011 11:23am
The one thing that irritates me is that KTM can't cough up one or two 250SX's (or give him a deep discount) for this guy? I know they spent a lot of dough for Dungey and Roczen, but give me a break! Joey could sell a lot of bikes for them and they'd get tons of advertisment/publicity for little to nothing. Am I missing something here???
uk125250
11/20/2011 11:46am
Harry_Gray wrote:
The one thing that irritates me is that KTM can't cough up one or two 250SX's (or give him a deep discount) for this guy? I...
The one thing that irritates me is that KTM can't cough up one or two 250SX's (or give him a deep discount) for this guy? I know they spent a lot of dough for Dungey and Roczen, but give me a break! Joey could sell a lot of bikes for them and they'd get tons of advertisment/publicity for little to nothing. Am I missing something here???
He's having a hard time finding one because they are so popular. They don't need any advertising. The product speaks for itself.
Lightning78
11/20/2011 11:54am
Harry_Gray wrote:
The one thing that irritates me is that KTM can't cough up one or two 250SX's (or give him a deep discount) for this guy? I...
No, youre exactly correct and I advised him on calling KTM to pitch the idea, dont know if he followed through. This is a HUGE marketing idea for KTM to support a rider on their 2 stroke, they would sell a lot more of them and since joey isnt one of the top 5 "Aliens" as Mike Webb put it, he wouldnt be a threat to the mighty 4 stroke sales but KTM would sell even more bikes by helping this kid out under the radar. Their sales numbers of bikes both 2 and 4 would skyrocket by percetption of how they are relating tro consumer demands, the public suconcisally notices this and it is what moves them to want to buy orange.

Newmann: Do you notice that EVERY time a rider that has been riding 4 strokes gets on a 2 stroke be it a 125/150/250/300/360/500 they ALWAYS include the main description of the riding experience as "FUN" ....... Yes FUN and that is what riding dirtbikes is for me FUN. Its usually followed by these statemenst "Iforgot how much fun these (2 strokes) are to ride" or "Man, its amazing! I forgot how light and flickable these bikes are" ..............

Seems more and more people are riding 2 strokes and having fun. For me, I noticed that while I was faster and more planted on my 4 strokes I wasnt having nearly, well not even close to the exhiliration and thrill I was getting that I used to have riding 2 strokes and didnt have that excitement to ride as much. When I switched back I was amazed at how eager I was to ride again, I feel like a kid again riding my 2 strokes, while it may be a lot more work to keep up with someone I would easily smoke on a equal 250f or 450f the thrill of it was what I was missing......Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion, 2 strokes work better for me with regards t how much fun they are to ride. I will someday own a 250f and 450 again for certain times I want to ride them but that will be mostly desert and such I would rarely ride a 4 stroke on a mx track....... Since I am a small minority at the track I can use ANY line on the track I choose and make my own lines anywhere, its awesome to have that independence to not have to use lines 4 strokes force you to folllow/create. I can come into a turn and just take a line that has not even been touched all day and still tilled up even at the end of the day on some tracks.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
11/20/2011 12:34pm
newmann wrote:

Regis wrote:
newmann wrote:
Well Regis, this is serious stuff here, you'd better leave the fun out of it! Odd how this sport tried to go all high tech in...
Well Regis, this is serious stuff here, you'd better leave the fun out of it! Odd how this sport tried to go all high tech in the last decade and has literally fallen on it's face lately. People are quick to point out how everybody overspent and the economy, blah blah blah but they don't see any fault with the OEM's and their four stroke plans.

You still living large on the Bayou?Smile
Yes sir, still hanging my hat just outside of Baton Rouge!
11/20/2011 2:06pm
Harry_Gray wrote:
The problem is that even though ktm continues to improve their two stroke they still dont want to see someone go out and race one of their two strokes out of fear that they might beat some of their mighty four strokes. Cedric Soubeyras raced a ktm250sx last year in europe but ktm would not support him so he was forced to join another team and race a 450f.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
11/20/2011 2:31pm
Harry_Gray wrote:
The problem is that even though ktm continues to improve their two stroke they still dont want to see someone go out and race one of...
The problem is that even though ktm continues to improve their two stroke they still dont want to see someone go out and race one of their two strokes out of fear that they might beat some of their mighty four strokes. Cedric Soubeyras raced a ktm250sx last year in europe but ktm would not support him so he was forced to join another team and race a 450f.
Really? You believe this?
11/20/2011 2:32pm
We should all just pitch in 50 bucks and make team Vital KTM

DDavis can be the mechanic.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/20/2011 2:35pm
Harry_Gray wrote:
The problem is that even though ktm continues to improve their two stroke they still dont want to see someone go out and race one of...
Regis wrote:
Really? You believe this?
Give him his tinfoil hat....
Fearo
11/20/2011 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2011 2:41pm
Actually that is only partly true. Soubeyras' team last year was never factory-supported to begin with. Many people (including himself maybe) thought that KTM would build him a monster, or at least throw some factory stuff at him but they didn't. Not really sure why though.

i think KTM is all for bringing their 2-strokes into the spotlight. I think many people are quick to forget that this very forum spurred the most awesome thing ever to happen in Supercross: The 2-stroke challenge in 2007. Michael Willard wanted to race a 125 KTM and they provided a factory bike for him. He put in a solid 15th place in the main!

Montesa38
11/20/2011 2:54pm
Brand new 2012 250sx on ebay right now ?????????????????
bobby397
11/20/2011 3:08pm
Robbie Marshall was killing it on a 250 2 stroke today at a local race in NC. Beat some decent guys
mxjef
11/20/2011 3:39pm
Harry_Gray wrote:
No, youre exactly correct and I advised him on calling KTM to pitch the idea, dont know if he followed through. This is a HUGE marketing...
No, youre exactly correct and I advised him on calling KTM to pitch the idea, dont know if he followed through. This is a HUGE marketing idea for KTM to support a rider on their 2 stroke, they would sell a lot more of them and since joey isnt one of the top 5 "Aliens" as Mike Webb put it, he wouldnt be a threat to the mighty 4 stroke sales but KTM would sell even more bikes by helping this kid out under the radar. Their sales numbers of bikes both 2 and 4 would skyrocket by percetption of how they are relating tro consumer demands, the public suconcisally notices this and it is what moves them to want to buy orange.

Newmann: Do you notice that EVERY time a rider that has been riding 4 strokes gets on a 2 stroke be it a 125/150/250/300/360/500 they ALWAYS include the main description of the riding experience as "FUN" ....... Yes FUN and that is what riding dirtbikes is for me FUN. Its usually followed by these statemenst "Iforgot how much fun these (2 strokes) are to ride" or "Man, its amazing! I forgot how light and flickable these bikes are" ..............

Seems more and more people are riding 2 strokes and having fun. For me, I noticed that while I was faster and more planted on my 4 strokes I wasnt having nearly, well not even close to the exhiliration and thrill I was getting that I used to have riding 2 strokes and didnt have that excitement to ride as much. When I switched back I was amazed at how eager I was to ride again, I feel like a kid again riding my 2 strokes, while it may be a lot more work to keep up with someone I would easily smoke on a equal 250f or 450f the thrill of it was what I was missing......Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion, 2 strokes work better for me with regards t how much fun they are to ride. I will someday own a 250f and 450 again for certain times I want to ride them but that will be mostly desert and such I would rarely ride a 4 stroke on a mx track....... Since I am a small minority at the track I can use ANY line on the track I choose and make my own lines anywhere, its awesome to have that independence to not have to use lines 4 strokes force you to folllow/create. I can come into a turn and just take a line that has not even been touched all day and still tilled up even at the end of the day on some tracks.
Have to totally agree with Lightning here on the fun factor of riding 2-strokes!...I'm glad that I made the switch back.
mxb2
11/20/2011 4:52pm
According to vitalmx silly season rumors Joey Rossi can not find a ktm250 two stroke in the shop so he is going to have to wait...
According to vitalmx silly season rumors Joey Rossi can not find a ktm250 two stroke in the shop so he is going to have to wait until outdoors to ride a two stroke. He is currently riding a 250f which is not plan on doing Maybe we can help this guy out by finding a shop that has a 2012 ktm250 in stock so we can get this guy to ride the two stroke in supercross too. I know there is quite a few guys on this forum that have connections so maybe you could help this guy out. I know everyone hear would love to see him ride a 2 banger come A1.
http://www.vitalmx.com/features/2012-Silly-Season-Round-4,3211
They are out there, just look a little harder. Might have to travel a ways, but that depends on how bad you want one!
MX628
11/20/2011 5:26pm
Hey everyone,

I did call KTM and they said they do not offer factory support for pro riders, only Musquin and Roczen. I found just one KTM two stroke in San Diego, but they want full tilt boogie for the bike and will give no discount or demo deal. I wanted nothing more than to show up at A1 on a two stroke but I do not have enough money to just pay full price for a bike right now. I thought I had a sponsor and that just has not come through. So I am going to race my 2011 Yamahas in west coast lites sx. The race bike has about 50 hours on it and the practice bike has 130 or so. Its all I can do really. Its a really tough economy and all of us riders just need to buckle down and hang in there till things get better. I am working very hard at the local So Cal supercross tracks. Thank you all for your support!!! Come by and say hi at sx!
ns503
11/20/2011 5:36pm
Is it time for....

....the Return of the Two Stroke Challenge?
mxb2
11/20/2011 5:41pm
MX628 wrote:
Hey everyone, I did call KTM and they said they do not offer factory support for pro riders, only Musquin and Roczen. I found just one...
Hey everyone,

I did call KTM and they said they do not offer factory support for pro riders, only Musquin and Roczen. I found just one KTM two stroke in San Diego, but they want full tilt boogie for the bike and will give no discount or demo deal. I wanted nothing more than to show up at A1 on a two stroke but I do not have enough money to just pay full price for a bike right now. I thought I had a sponsor and that just has not come through. So I am going to race my 2011 Yamahas in west coast lites sx. The race bike has about 50 hours on it and the practice bike has 130 or so. Its all I can do really. Its a really tough economy and all of us riders just need to buckle down and hang in there till things get better. I am working very hard at the local So Cal supercross tracks. Thank you all for your support!!! Come by and say hi at sx!
2011 yamaha 250f?, what about outdoors plans, or just west coast sx?
Lightning78
11/20/2011 9:49pm
MX628 wrote:
Hey everyone, I did call KTM and they said they do not offer factory support for pro riders, only Musquin and Roczen. I found just one...
Hey everyone,

That sucks they wouldn't at least find you a bike to use for the year that you could return after the season .... Keep searching bud ill see if I can find one somewhat close. Also lame the shop in SD wouldn't help you out, did you talk to a salesman? They are typically our of the loop and only care about rolling #'s I know bec I've done it .....see if you can get in touch w the sales manager and propose it ..... It would help them sell bikes and gain exposure. When I worked in lb motorsports for the original owner Ronnie renner came in after getting his fiesta bronze at x games, me and my parts manager tried to get him a deal with the shop and the owner wanted nothing to do with it (true story) now look at him ...... I used to order and sell him paparts and whatever under my name @ cost plus 10 bec he couldn't get a deal from the owner. If you look at the old yz's he rode they had our shop stickers on his front fender......its a shame that dealer doesn't see the value in selling you that bike .....joey maybe show the manager this and the other thread you started to pitch him it may work if he has half a business mind.
WSR
11/21/2011 5:13am
Because a 2012 ktm250sx puts out 50hp stock. If you do a few modifications it will easily be around 55hp and a heck of a lot...
While the new KTM may or may not be competitive, and I hope it is. MX has never been and never will be about horsepower. The 450's current advantage is big torque to the ground in a short amount of run. The 450 really doesn't need a berm as much to go fast, just point and shoot.
Vet57
11/21/2011 5:45am
mxb2 wrote:
They are out there, just look a little harder. Might have to travel a ways, but that depends on how bad you want one!
^This...local dealer had one 2 weeks ago.

Post a reply to: Joey Rossi

The Latest