Jimmy Johns Getting Hate

mingham97
Edited Date/Time 10/26/2016 1:48pm
These photos came up in my news feed today. Is this American culture or is this friend apon in the US too. I like the guy for what he puts into moto but I think this is absurd.

I guess this is moto related because I'm thinking about the chances of this affecting sponsored riders that wear the JJ brand, since this photo is getting so much hate on FB. I know I wouldn't be proud to be at one with JJ.

Feel free to move this to non moto.
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
10/25/2016 9:44pm
Why is this a thread
10/25/2016 9:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 9:49pm
People have placed animals on a pedestal to the point that it is ridiculous and stupid. I hope this guy shoots 10,000 more stupid wild animals for every crybaby that thinks he's killing Disney characters. I'd personally be ok if no one that cries and boycotts over wild animals ever watched mx. Let's keep the boycott crazy idiots out of here. People hunt. Get over it. We have to "get used" to trannies in the men's room, then the other side gets to suck this one up.
51xc
10/25/2016 9:47pm
it's disgusting, no matter how much money he puts into moto. nobody needs people like that, nobody.

The Shop

mingham97
10/25/2016 9:49pm
MX Guy wrote:
Why is this a thread
Probably should have gone into non-moto but I'm thinking that it is still moto related somewhat since jimmy johns sponsors this sport quite heavily. I wonder if this will effect ties within the industry
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
10/25/2016 9:53pm
Regardless of where you fall in regards to the animal situation, who is that dumb to put out pictures like that? Its not like this is the first time this situation has come up. Precedent shows that these situations cause a huge backlash of monumental proportions.
DuneRider250
10/25/2016 9:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 9:54pm
I'm not gonna say this is the case because i don't know the details of this particular event but I will tell you that many of the people on the news that get hate for shooting animals like this...were typically shooting on reserves, places where they were raised to be hunted, a lot of times the meat even goes to nearby villages. Now if this dude was poaching haha then that's just sad
mingham97
10/25/2016 9:56pm
I'm not gonna say this is the case because i don't know the details of this particular event but I will tell you that many of...
I'm not gonna say this is the case because i don't know the details of this particular event but I will tell you that many of the people on the news that get hate for shooting animals like this...were typically shooting on reserves, places where they were raised to be hunted, a lot of times the meat even goes to nearby villages. Now if this dude was poaching haha then that's just sad
So two situations,
1.) Poacher = douchbag
2.) Shooting fish in a bucket = douchbag
DuneRider250
10/25/2016 10:00pm
I'm not gonna say this is the case because i don't know the details of this particular event but I will tell you that many of...
mingham97 wrote:
So two situations,
1.) Poacher = douchbag
2.) Shooting fish in a bucket = douchbag
Subjective viewpoint, although I do agree with you on poachers, but beyond the point it's not really shooting fish in a bucket, sometimes hunters get attacked by these animals lol. And if you want to talk about shooting fish in a bucket talk to your burger patty that was harvested from a slaughterhouse where cows were lined up and hit with a bolt gun. (FYI it is painless)
KGAspeed
10/25/2016 10:00pm
People have placed animals on a pedestal to the point that it is ridiculous and stupid. I hope this guy shoots 10,000 more stupid wild animals...
People have placed animals on a pedestal to the point that it is ridiculous and stupid. I hope this guy shoots 10,000 more stupid wild animals for every crybaby that thinks he's killing Disney characters. I'd personally be ok if no one that cries and boycotts over wild animals ever watched mx. Let's keep the boycott crazy idiots out of here. People hunt. Get over it. We have to "get used" to trannies in the men's room, then the other side gets to suck this one up.
Wow. Do you have compassion for anything other than mechanical or material objects?

Are you a fan of Grant Langston? He gave us one hell of a 2007 outdoor season, and he speaks out against mindless sport hunting like this frequently. So he's crazy? It's called compassion. I assume speaking to you would be like speaking to a brick-redneck-wall - comments like yours keep me continuously disappointed in people.

10/25/2016 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 10:10pm
Ace has it right on this one for the most point. Not as far as everyone who disagrees needs to leave the sport, but everything else lol
tobz
10/25/2016 10:08pm
People have placed animals on a pedestal to the point that it is ridiculous and stupid. I hope this guy shoots 10,000 more stupid wild animals...
You can't be serious? There aren't even 10,000 left on this planet of some of those animals to prove your point.
DuneRider250
10/25/2016 10:15pm
tobz wrote:
You can't be serious? There aren't even 10,000 left on this planet of some of those animals to prove your point.
In the wild that is, this could be a reserve
malachi177
10/25/2016 10:17pm
You sir are an ignorant buffoon. Trophy hunting is for pussies!!!
C-Rock
10/25/2016 10:20pm
I hope you get shot too, dickhead (and fucked by a tranny before).

See, I can be just as dumb as you.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
10/25/2016 10:23pm
This is an educational post, so skip it if you come to vital with the hopes of being dumber than you were before you showed up.

Pictures like this circulate every once in awhile so people can look at them on facebook and reaffirm their sense of morality by showing some sort of outrage. They're circulated by users to boost the ego of the user as a form cognitive confirmation. The nature of social media creates a feedback loop for these posts.

Anyways, the people who shoot these animals aren't doing it through tag raffles like you would for a run of the mill elk or deer shoot. They are typically sold to high bidders and bids go into the 6 figures. The animals that are killed are singled out and the hunter is only allowed to take that particular animal which the park, nature reserve, whatever rangers have been monitoring extensively for a long period of time. Those animals you see were sold as trophies before the shooter set foot in that country.

The reason they do this is two fold. 1. The park deals with a limited number of animals of a particular species and, as a result, there are sometimes outliers that create risk for the other members of the species. Oftentimes it's older males that grow too old but at the same time too strong. They will lose reproductive viability but still be able to kill younger males looking to mate. This is common with rhinos. These animals threaten future generations and so the wildlife reserve will single them out to be culled from the population for the preservation of the species.

2. These parks struggle to raise enough money through donations to pay for staff and equipment to help the wildlife. The people who talk about how much they want to save endangered animals typically don't give large sums of money to the nature reserves. The sport hunters, however, are willing to pay huge amounts of money ($100,000 goes a long way in any African country).

So the reserves pick 1 animal that needs to be removed, they sell that animal to the highest bidder and they end up with someone willing to pay them a large amount of money to do a chore for them.

Policing poachers is very expensive. Oddly enough, the contributions made by these hunters are the largest source of funding for policing that these places get.
tobz
10/25/2016 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 10:27pm
tobz wrote:
Oh man. I don't even. Smh.
DuneRider250
10/25/2016 10:28pm
tobz wrote:
tobz wrote:
Reserves help fund the fight against poachingGrinning
tobz
10/25/2016 10:35pm
A sick irony right?
Plugga
10/25/2016 10:36pm
What a wanker.
HD1200
10/25/2016 10:45pm
tobz wrote:
Reserves help fund the fight against poachingGrinning
Liberal minds, always my way or the highway. There is no grey area or middle of the road. However they believe is how everyone should believe.
PJ205
10/25/2016 10:51pm
HD1200 wrote:
Liberal minds, always my way or the highway. There is no grey area or middle of the road. However they believe is how everyone should believe.
Sweet! Thank you. I was waiting for someone to post "liberal" or "Hillary" before the night was over. Batting 1/2 on the night...
DuneRider250
10/25/2016 10:54pm
tobz wrote:
A sick irony right?
Not sick to me, I have no problem with controlled hunting in an area separated from the wild, in a way by that point it would be similar to killing in a slaughterhouse, except it's different animals killed, in a more traditional manner, in a more wide open space suitable to the animal. Huntings been a practice done by us since before the ice age(?), yet only now do we second guess it
DuneRider250
10/25/2016 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 10:57pm
To keep this more moto related, anyone heard of Ryder difranceso? Jimmy johns sponsored, and he is crazy fast on the mini, gonna be big time for sure if he keeps going the way he's going
FIREfish148
10/25/2016 11:01pm
Bottom line is you're lame if you do that for a hobby. So much other shit to do for fun.

His lack of depth really shows through in the trophy pics... who is he trying to impress? Why? What's it worth?

There's no justifying this type of shit.
tobz
10/25/2016 11:09pm
tobz wrote:
A sick irony right?
Not sick to me, I have no problem with controlled hunting in an area separated from the wild, in a way by that point it would...
Not sick to me, I have no problem with controlled hunting in an area separated from the wild, in a way by that point it would be similar to killing in a slaughterhouse, except it's different animals killed, in a more traditional manner, in a more wide open space suitable to the animal. Huntings been a practice done by us since before the ice age(?), yet only now do we second guess it
Only when we started to wipe entire species off the planet, stopped hunting to survive and started killing for money.
Crush
10/25/2016 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2016 11:16pm
A lot of you seem like nice blokes but ffs I don't get this shit. Why?

I mean, you can eat a cow, they're bred for it, but wtf man, it's not like these animals are doing great. Canned, injured, old... who cares. I just don't get it. I don't care if you disagree, because I know people won't change on this one, it's just fucking silly. Go basejumping. Go ride. Go fuck a pitbull.
10/25/2016 11:43pm
I'd like too see you in a reality version of the Ice T movie "Surviving the Game" and see how you like it, trophy hunters are some of the biggest pussies to walk the face of the earth. Usually an older, short, overweight guy trying to prove his manhood by killing an innocent animal from over a hundred yards away, but at the same time is a little submissive bitch in any real life situation.

Post a reply to: Jimmy Johns Getting Hate

The Latest