Jimmy Albertson to the Martin Honda team

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:20pm
I wonder what he can do?
|
flarider
11/17/2009 5:00am
Faster than most and probably faster than you, yes

Jimmy's fast. I think he can top 10, maybe top 5
No disrespect to him and I know his family reads this forum. He's a good kid.
GP's and the Euro's are faster than most realize, Jimmy will have his work cut out for him.
Also, being in Europe long term can become a drain and be tiring, this is something Jimmy will have to watch out for.
Those who can adapt and BECOME A EUROPEAN and embrace the life and lifestyle succeed, those who dread it and "want it to be like home" will become emotional wrecks.

Jimmy needs to learn to become a European and adapt to life there.
How well he can do that will be a large determining factor in how he does in GP

Alex
11/17/2009 5:23am Edited Date/Time 11/17/2009 5:24am
Ryan Hughes went to italy and fell in love with it, so did Trampas Parker and a Donny Schmidt. They were a bit more mature than Jimmy though and I think it will be harder for a young kid to be open minded. Ryan Mills didnt last long! If you focus on whats good and not whats bad then you'll enjoy wherever you go in the world, thats the truth. Think good food, nice weather, good skiing, hot girls, fast cars, beutifull hills, ancient buildings, great ice cream, a factory bike to race and a massive teams support behind you .... the list can be long if you want it to be. I hope he gos there with a strong mind, with his talent and that team he could go very far.

The Shop

11/17/2009 8:25am
Honestly, it will be difficult for him to be in the top 10 at the end of the championship...

And I know exactly what I am talking about, believe me...
Coyote
11/17/2009 8:45am
GuyB wrote:
Glad to hear it, Once again, Greg and him deserve it, hard working and after talking to him he has a great attitude about Europe. "Stay over there for a couple of years, experience what Europe has to offer (alot), whoop some ass and come back to the U.S. when the economy's a little better hopefully and keep it going." Brian, those commutes in between racing are going to be a bitch, talk to you soon and best of luck to the Albertson clan.
SMITH201
11/17/2009 9:26am
I think Jimmy is the type of person that will transition well to the Euro lifestyle. If he does, he will do well. I predict the first year will be a learning experience with flashes of brilliance in a couple races. 2011 I think he can be a contender for the title for sure.
huck
11/17/2009 9:28am
Good luck!!!

PintoMx
Fantasy
2592nd
11/17/2009 9:29am
He is the man....so fast....he will do very well.
mccread
11/17/2009 9:35am
flarider wrote:
Faster than most and probably faster than you, yes Jimmy's fast. I think he can top 10, maybe top 5 No disrespect to him and I...
Faster than most and probably faster than you, yes

Jimmy's fast. I think he can top 10, maybe top 5
No disrespect to him and I know his family reads this forum. He's a good kid.
GP's and the Euro's are faster than most realize, Jimmy will have his work cut out for him.
Also, being in Europe long term can become a drain and be tiring, this is something Jimmy will have to watch out for.
Those who can adapt and BECOME A EUROPEAN and embrace the life and lifestyle succeed, those who dread it and "want it to be like home" will become emotional wrecks.

Jimmy needs to learn to become a European and adapt to life there.
How well he can do that will be a large determining factor in how he does in GP

what is a becoming a european exactly?... it is not a country. How is an italian the same as a swede? Every country is different. Going from the UK to Italy is just the same as an American going to Italy... it is totally different culture language etc. I think living in England is good for an American because it is most similar to the US.

i think Jimmy can do well and get some top 10s and maybe top 5s there are about 20 fast factory riders next season most of whom have already won GPs, it is deeper than the nationals. He could get a good start and come 6th or a bad start and come 16th it will be that close- If he finishes 10th or higher in 2010 I will be really impressed.

For his 2nd year I think he will be really good once he has adapted to racing in a world championship different countries/tracks all the time etc

Hopefully he will adapt well and ride to his potential which is pretty high!
mmcmx
11/17/2009 9:47am
Taking a couple of classes of italian could help avoid isolation...Just thinking about Mills.
flarider
11/17/2009 10:01am
mccread wrote:
what is a becoming a european exactly?... it is not a country. How is an italian the same as a swede? Every country is different. Going...
what is a becoming a european exactly?... it is not a country. How is an italian the same as a swede? Every country is different. Going from the UK to Italy is just the same as an American going to Italy... it is totally different culture language etc. I think living in England is good for an American because it is most similar to the US.

i think Jimmy can do well and get some top 10s and maybe top 5s there are about 20 fast factory riders next season most of whom have already won GPs, it is deeper than the nationals. He could get a good start and come 6th or a bad start and come 16th it will be that close- If he finishes 10th or higher in 2010 I will be really impressed.

For his 2nd year I think he will be really good once he has adapted to racing in a world championship different countries/tracks all the time etc

Shut the fuck up.
I have been to Europe many times and to many countries in Europe.
I just got home from Germany last night, so shut the fuck up talking to me like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

How many times you been to the US?

It's different in Europe, whether it's Italy, Netherlands, France, Germany or Switzerland. Attitudes are different. Habits are different. Etiquette is different. Food is different.
Being able to adjust to the variances in life and lifestyle is part of being European. With the EU now, a German can easily drive to Eindhoven or Amsterdam or Zurich or Prague. Just as a Belgian can easily hop a train to Paris or Berlin or Amsterdam or Koln.
Europeans have come to accept many of the differences between their own culture and that of another's and don't expect the French to act Dutch in order to make a sale in their store. The Dutch know they need to accept the French attitude and etiquette, like it or not, in order to obtain good service.
That is being European

Slowing down and sitting in a cafe for hours watching the world going by while reading a book or your morning paper, is European and not something done in the US.

Stopping to sit and enjoy your beverage rather than walking around with a cup of coffee or bottle of water is something European compared to the US.

Staying the fuck out of the left lane on the highway or risk a ticket or your life is something European, as in the US, people drive in whatever lane they damn well please at whatever speed they damn well please.

So don't fucking talk down on me like I am some peon American who's never been to Europe and doesn't know the difference between how Euros live and Americans live

so, piss off

SMITH201
11/17/2009 10:09am
mccread wrote:
what is a becoming a european exactly?... it is not a country. How is an italian the same as a swede? Every country is different. Going...

flarider wrote:
Shut the fuck up. I have been to Europe many times and to many countries in Europe. I just got home from Germany last night, so...
Shut the fuck up.
I just got home from Germany last night, so shut the fuck up talking to me like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

It's different in Europe, whether it's Italy, Netherlands, France, Germany or Switzerland. Attitudes are different. Habits are different. Etiquette is different. Food is different.
Being able to adjust to the variances in life and lifestyle is part of being European. With the EU now, a German can easily drive to Eindhoven or Amsterdam or Zurich or Prague. Just as a Belgian can easily hop a train to Paris or Berlin or Amsterdam or Koln.
Europeans have come to accept many of the differences between their own culture and that of another's and don't expect the French to act Dutch in order to make a sale in their store. The Dutch know they need to accept the French attitude and etiquette, like it or not, in order to obtain good service.
That is being European

Slowing down and sitting in a cafe for hours watching the world going by while reading a book or your morning paper, is European and not something done in the US.

Stopping to sit and enjoy your beverage rather than walking around with a cup of coffee or bottle of water is something European compared to the US.

Staying the fuck out of the left lane on the highway or risk a ticket or your life is something European, as in the US, people drive in whatever lane they damn well please at whatever speed they damn well please.

So don't fucking talk down on me like I am some peon American who's never been to Europe and doesn't know the difference between how Euros live and Americans live

so, piss off

That was awesome! Smile
SH_105
11/17/2009 10:15am
I think if Jimmy goes over and has no pre determined results, then thats when he will shine.... As soon as he tries to label and place himself some where thats when things can go a bit down hill. Look at Osbourne...... went over there to get away from the US and grow into his own person and show what he is made of in a different racing environment. Now look, hes won a GP and is a serious contender!! Greg, tell Jimmy to just go over and make it as fun as possible and be open minded no matter what!! Hes a great kid and a great Racer, I think he will do really well

SH
mmcmx
11/17/2009 10:27am
SH_105 wrote:
I think if Jimmy goes over and has no pre determined results, then thats when he will shine.... As soon as he tries to label and...
I think if Jimmy goes over and has no pre determined results, then thats when he will shine.... As soon as he tries to label and place himself some where thats when things can go a bit down hill. Look at Osbourne...... went over there to get away from the US and grow into his own person and show what he is made of in a different racing environment. Now look, hes won a GP and is a serious contender!! Greg, tell Jimmy to just go over and make it as fun as possible and be open minded no matter what!! Hes a great kid and a great Racer, I think he will do really well

SH
I think that's a good tip. Too bad you're not still over here, it was really cool to chat with you in Bellpuig, been a fan since then. I'll make sure to cheer Jimmy too when he comes over. Hope it doesn't rain again though...Smile
TerryK
11/17/2009 10:46am
flarider wrote:
Shut the fuck up. I have been to Europe many times and to many countries in Europe. I just got home from Germany last night, so...
Shut the fuck up.

That is being European

so, piss off

Ouch! Smile
mccread
11/17/2009 10:54am
mccread wrote:

flarider wrote:
Shut the fuck up.

That is being European

so, piss off

when did I say you had never been to Europe? I think you need to calm down get over your jet lag and watch your language. I know you were in Germany, but Europe is not a country, The UK is nothing like Germany it is a completely different country.

Each country is different, you can't really call people from alot of different countries the same when they are all so different, driving in Italy is totally different that the UK different side of the road and everything.

I have been to the US 4 times as well as Italy, France, Holland, Finland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Cyprus- they are all totally different and cannot be grouped as one generic term where everyone is stereotyped the same.

My Country is totally different to all of them, it is closest to America than any of the others actually - thats why i like going to the US.

Each individual country is as valid as the US as a country, I do not feel "European" - whatever that is..., I am Northern Irish. That is why the Motocross of Nations do not have a European team....

Jimmy will have to adapt to living in belgium and travelling to different countries. If he can do that he will do well. I think what you are saying is that people who race the GPs are better equipped and more used to racing and travelling outside their own country becasue the countries are smaller and closer together, than in America.

You can drive into Mexico from America so are Americans just like mexicans?

flarider
11/17/2009 11:09am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:59pm
Hey asshole, when did I ever discuss the UK and since when his Martin Honda UK based?

Who the fuck was talking about the UK?

I acknowledged each country is different, but part of living in Europe and being "European," especially with the formation of the EU, is how easy it is to move about between Schengen countries, all with the same currency and understanding and adapting to all those differences, like going from Savannah, Georgia to Los Angeles, California....both are in the US, but no where near similar to each other, other than the currency.

Go back and re-read my reply to your earlier pissy attitude again
TerryK
11/17/2009 11:18am
Can we get back on topic here or what?
ayearinmx
11/17/2009 11:29am
so wait.... the UK isn't part of Europe now???

you can't become "european"... you adjust to becoming 'belgian' or 'german' or 'italian'... or even 'british' (which is actually part of europe).....but not 'european'.... you obviously know the differences, but then continually group us together, which is just plain wrong, no matter how many times you've been here

each nation has totally different attitudes... just take driving for example

jimmy will have it slightly harder than zach, having to live in belgium rather than england... but i think he should do well and i'm sure everyone will try to make him feel right at home, throughout his first year
flarider
11/17/2009 11:32am
OK, then there is no such thing as "American"

Fine

Because Florida is nothing like Maine or California or Minnesota or Utah

Each state has totally different mannerisms, attitudes and even language dialect

You both know exactly what I am talking about, but you're being dicks about it

But that's fine
ayearinmx
11/17/2009 11:37am
wow...... and you wonder why American's get a bad rap - you've just said Europe is a country like the United States of America

congrats
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
11/17/2009 11:41am
Flarider, I know that you have traveled to a lot of European countries, even Russia, and I know that you have a pretty good experience with Europe but the United States is still very different than the European Community.
The USA is one nation, the EU is a community of nations, all with their very different languages (not dialects, there are 100s of dialect in those countries too), different laws, different schooling systems, different sports national championships, very different food, based on culture and history, different passports.

There is such a thing as an American, a citizen of the USA, under 1 flag, under 1 president, with 1 army, 1 air force, 1 national mx championship. There's one culture and 1 language (soon too I agree).

Although the Western European nations are slowly, very slowly, moving into at some point in the next 100 years becoming a federal entity like the USA, it is still very far from that.

The only thing being "European" means today is "belonging to one of the countries that make the EU, while being American is holding the US passport.

It is still very different, even though it's going in the same direction.
flarider
11/17/2009 11:44am
You guys need to go back and read.
I never said all the countries are the same.

Stop being defensive and actually read what I wrote
CamP
11/17/2009 11:50am
I know what Dave is saying and he's right. To an American, Jimmy's experience will be European overall.

If I was going to live in Europe, I would choose Italy. The weather and food are much better and the Italians love to have fun.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/17/2009 12:38pm
Well, we know Dave's not suffering from STFU lag.

I think living and traveling as brothers will be good for Greg and Jimmy.

Jimmy had a good attitude about the whole thing and is excited to go, and that helps, too.

As far as the European argument...what if he was being paid in Euros? Wink
mccread
11/17/2009 12:44pm
Shenzi wrote:
Flarider, I know that you have traveled to a lot of European countries, even Russia, and I know that you have a pretty good experience with...
Flarider, I know that you have traveled to a lot of European countries, even Russia, and I know that you have a pretty good experience with Europe but the United States is still very different than the European Community.
The USA is one nation, the EU is a community of nations, all with their very different languages (not dialects, there are 100s of dialect in those countries too), different laws, different schooling systems, different sports national championships, very different food, based on culture and history, different passports.

There is such a thing as an American, a citizen of the USA, under 1 flag, under 1 president, with 1 army, 1 air force, 1 national mx championship. There's one culture and 1 language (soon too I agree).

Although the Western European nations are slowly, very slowly, moving into at some point in the next 100 years becoming a federal entity like the USA, it is still very far from that.

The only thing being "European" means today is "belonging to one of the countries that make the EU, while being American is holding the US passport.

It is still very different, even though it's going in the same direction.
exactly well said ! the US is one (huge) country. Travelling from state to state is still travelling through the same country it is one nation.

All countries are different regardless of size and deserve to be seen in their own right as a nation, not grouped together in one term as if they all behave in the same way. Italian food is as different for a UK tourist as it is for a US tourist etc.

Post a reply to: Jimmy Albertson to the Martin Honda team

The Latest