Jersey lettering like the pros

cp244
1/9/2017 9:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2021 8:43pm
Sorry for the millionth thread about this but i need some assistance. Why can't I find a company to make a custom jersey with lettering that actually looks cool and is big enough to fill up the back of a jersey. Look at the pros jerseys. They have single digit numbers that are huge and look nice on the back of a jersey. All these companies (in a google search) seem to just order the same crappy small thermo decals in weird comic sans-like fonts and press them on the back of a jersey.
Does anyone know of a good place to get cool looking numbers and letters from?
I know i know the pros have custom made jerseys just for them, but does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Check these out

No thanks.

|
TeamGreen
1/9/2017 9:22pm
TLD Jerseys can be ordered with all of it on there
ktmdan
1/9/2017 9:24pm
Go to a local Soccer store if you have one. That's what I do and it's super inexpensive.
cp244
1/9/2017 9:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'll check that out, thanks
Jam579
1/9/2017 9:41pm

The Shop

Sean_Light
1/9/2017 10:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2017 10:45pm
The jersey ID's that Dungey and a lot of the other pros have are sublimated (ink printed into the jersey fibers), which is the way textile graphics are mostly printed these days. I would assume that he gets it because Fox actually adds his name and numbers into the graphics as they print the full jersey. For the rest of us non-factory riders, jerseys come to us already saturated with ink and unfortunately adding more ink in the same process wouldn't show up, so we have to layer over it with a physical material to block out the base colors. I can't explain why I haven't seen anyone who offers ID kits use anything other than that thick, shiny, stiff vinyl, though there are actually some much better heat transfer films out there that are pretty thin and stretch fairly well (possibly because of the moderately higher cost).

The Tedesco jersey is a little older, back when even the pros got jerseys with plastic ID's, but oddly enough Roczens is vinyl as well. You can see that it is a little shiny and looks a bit stiff, versus Dungey's which you can see the material weave inside the lettering and name like the rest of the graphics. Maybe more than anyone ever wanted to know about this stuff, but you asked something that I could answer and think about a lot.

I'm a graphic designer, sign painter and a racer that happens to have all of these vinyl tools and heat press stuff just for my own use, but I'm always up to do something cool for other racers who are also excited about this kind of thing. I've been designing my own lettering and numbers for a while now for the same reason and think it might be fun to make some for others as well. I suppose this is an open invitation to anyone who reads this and is interested in something custom. Not out to make money on this as I assume the demand isn't enough to make anyone rich, but FYI the high quality materials and shipping might put the cost around what other basic ID kits run. You can see some of my other work at www.seanlight.info and you can send me an email at SL@SEANLIGHT.INFO if you're interested in having something made.

-s

Row596
1/9/2017 10:28pm
Rival Ink in Australia can do up a jersey however you like they are based in Australia but have one of their designers based in the states and ship stuff over all the time http://rivalinkdesignco.com
MotoX85
1/9/2017 10:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2017 10:46pm
Jam579 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/09/168306/s1200_IMG_3646.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/09/168307/s1200_IMG_3647.jpg[/img]

Just in case you are not sure, this company is Top Secret Designs. I see good stuff from them. Woodriver IL I believe. And I believe Jam might know the owner.
Motofinne
1/9/2017 10:48pm
Row596 wrote:
Rival Ink in Australia can do up a jersey however you like they are based in Australia but have one of their designers based in the...
Rival Ink in Australia can do up a jersey however you like they are based in Australia but have one of their designers based in the states and ship stuff over all the time http://rivalinkdesignco.com
Do they ship to Europe? Some of those semi custom graphics looks really good!
Row596
1/9/2017 11:00pm
Row596 wrote:
Rival Ink in Australia can do up a jersey however you like they are based in Australia but have one of their designers based in the...
Motofinne wrote:
Do they ship to Europe? Some of those semi custom graphics looks really good!
Yeah man they sure do!
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2520th
1/10/2017 2:04am
Sean_Light wrote:
The jersey ID's that Dungey and a lot of the other pros have are sublimated (ink printed into the jersey fibers), which is the way textile...
The jersey ID's that Dungey and a lot of the other pros have are sublimated (ink printed into the jersey fibers), which is the way textile graphics are mostly printed these days. I would assume that he gets it because Fox actually adds his name and numbers into the graphics as they print the full jersey. For the rest of us non-factory riders, jerseys come to us already saturated with ink and unfortunately adding more ink in the same process wouldn't show up, so we have to layer over it with a physical material to block out the base colors. I can't explain why I haven't seen anyone who offers ID kits use anything other than that thick, shiny, stiff vinyl, though there are actually some much better heat transfer films out there that are pretty thin and stretch fairly well (possibly because of the moderately higher cost).

The Tedesco jersey is a little older, back when even the pros got jerseys with plastic ID's, but oddly enough Roczens is vinyl as well. You can see that it is a little shiny and looks a bit stiff, versus Dungey's which you can see the material weave inside the lettering and name like the rest of the graphics. Maybe more than anyone ever wanted to know about this stuff, but you asked something that I could answer and think about a lot.

I'm a graphic designer, sign painter and a racer that happens to have all of these vinyl tools and heat press stuff just for my own use, but I'm always up to do something cool for other racers who are also excited about this kind of thing. I've been designing my own lettering and numbers for a while now for the same reason and think it might be fun to make some for others as well. I suppose this is an open invitation to anyone who reads this and is interested in something custom. Not out to make money on this as I assume the demand isn't enough to make anyone rich, but FYI the high quality materials and shipping might put the cost around what other basic ID kits run. You can see some of my other work at www.seanlight.info and you can send me an email at SL@SEANLIGHT.INFO if you're interested in having something made.

-s

This guy gets it. The pro numbers and names are printed right onto the body panels of the jersey.

There's a company called Skillz racing (name is dumb, I know) that will sublimate your name and number into one of their jerseys. They're a new company and they sponsor Casey Brennan and Bubba Pauli in sx.
aedwards07
1/10/2017 4:45am
What's your name/number and what jersey do you want it to look like?
Dtat720
1/10/2017 5:09am
There are several companies around that have agreements with gear companies to sublimate custom jerseys to order. Stiles Industries, Cyberhorse, Potter Plates, a lot of them are out there. They do mostly bmx and mtn bike/ road, but that is mainly because moto guys dont know they are there. You have a jersey yoy like but want to add all of your sponsors or whatever to it? Have it sublimated to boot? Plenty of places around that can do it.
cp244
1/10/2017 5:43am
Great info. Thanks a lot
Fearo
1/10/2017 8:14am
Sean_Light wrote:
The jersey ID's that Dungey and a lot of the other pros have are sublimated (ink printed into the jersey fibers), which is the way textile...

-s

Great post, I always wondered about the sublimation process myself.
b8res
1/10/2017 10:15am
cp244 wrote:
Sorry for the millionth thread about this but i need some assistance. Why can't I find a company to make a custom jersey with lettering that...
Sorry for the millionth thread about this but i need some assistance. Why can't I find a company to make a custom jersey with lettering that actually looks cool and is big enough to fill up the back of a jersey. Look at the pros jerseys. They have single digit numbers that are huge and look nice on the back of a jersey. All these companies (in a google search) seem to just order the same crappy small thermo decals in weird comic sans-like fonts and press them on the back of a jersey.
Does anyone know of a good place to get cool looking numbers and letters from?
I know i know the pros have custom made jerseys just for them, but does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Check these out

No thanks.

Gives these guys a try >> http://shop.hyperxracewear.com/main.sc
1/10/2017 7:03pm
What about sponsor logos? Does anyone sell iron ons or whatever sponsor logos?
1/10/2017 7:24pm
What about sponsor logos? Does anyone sell iron ons or whatever sponsor logos?
Factory fx does. Its a big kit.

And Sean, I've noticed that too... Sometimes fox sublimates, other times they use a vinyl transfer. Then sometimes they use a transfer that started life as a design screen printed onto parchment paper. Odd.
Dylan844
1/10/2017 7:49pm
Black diamond MX can do any jersey printing you would like. Check out blackdiamondmx.com and get his contact info and he can't help you out
Rotaholic
1/10/2017 8:38pm
Anyone have any links to any templates or vectors etc
cp244
2/11/2017 8:26pm
For anyone who comes across this thread.. I emailed SL@SEANLIGHT.INFO and Sean made me an amazing custom Dungey jersey at a reasonable price. I was blown away by his work and would highly recommend anyone looking for a custom jersey to contact Sean. Great customer service and a great product. Nice job Sean! Check out the jersey he made me.

worcsracer808
2/11/2017 11:30pm

I use a local T-shirt printing company in the mall, I just go in with the font and a picture of the pro jersey I want it to look like and they do a good job, find a local custom tshirt place and look on DaFont.com or google what kind of font a pro jersey looks like and then get them to print you one, mine cost around 30 bucks or so, and are done same day. Can't beat it. Had this one done to Look like the TLD KTM jerseys
nch209
5/16/2017 11:32pm
Eagerly awaiting 3 back from Sean Light (above). So far he has hit it out of the park. Attention to detail and just overall caring to make it how I want it has been over the top! Should have by the weekend to boot!
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
5/17/2017 12:32am
Unless its changed, most of the gear companies will do it for you.
nch209
5/17/2017 3:28am
Seven will not. Said it takes too much time, but will consider it in the future.
5/17/2017 3:50am

I do jerseys. See my insta @rippinruts or FB @rippinrutscustom

$40 a pop for front and rear.

I have the Fox font, AND the pro team Fasthouse font.
DL
5/17/2017 5:57am
At Canvas MX you can pick a pre designed jersey or design your own. The end product is disublimated including the name and number. You can also custom design pants.

cp244
5/17/2017 2:16pm
When I created this thread fox would not either. I'm talking about ordering directly from fox's site. Of course some of the major online Moro retailers offer lettering but like I said those fonts and letter sizes were not appealing at all. Keep Sean in mind for if you're interested. I'm happy with what he did for me
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
5/17/2017 3:28pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm glad to hear they offer that to the public, but as fucking hideous as their 2018 gear looks, they gotta have something to bait consumers with.....

Post a reply to: Jersey lettering like the pros

The Latest