Jeremy Martin: hit-or-miss

KlootZak
Edited Date/Time 9/26/2014 1:12pm
How do you think Martin will perform this weekend at MXdN?

In my opinion, Baggett was a bit rubbish during his MXdN outing. Yes, Team USA won in France but RV and RD rode really great back then, Baggett not so much. In Lommel, Baggett did even worse (and was lapped). Tomac on the other hand rode incredibly last year but unfortunately fell during his chase on Roczen.

I have a feeling we will see a '07 RV-esque performance by Martin. Martin was really fast this summer and the track in Latvia has the same type of dirt like Millville. I also think that Martin won't be affected by nerves and he is really great starter which is very important in the nations.
|
jamma10
9/26/2014 4:23am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2014 4:26am
Baggett didn't do worse in Lommel, he finished 2nd overall in the MX2 class with a 14 - 6 scores. He was 4th in class in 2011 with 17 - 17.

I think it will just depend on whether Martin is overawed by it all. Having never travelled out of the US before and seemingly without much awareness of just how big an occasion the MXdN is on race day a lot will hinge on whether he can stay mentally focussed. Even if he has an off day I don't think he'll do badly though.
gharmon
9/26/2014 4:24am
I think he goes something like 2-4 (4-2). I think he does well. He didn't seem to go down much over the summer so maybe he can continue that good fortune. I think in one of his motos he may be close to AC.
gharmon
9/26/2014 4:24am
Oh yeah I'm talking like 2-4 (4-2) of MX2 not the entire race group but who knows.
kongols
9/26/2014 4:32am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2014 4:34am
jamma10 wrote:
Baggett didn't do worse in Lommel, he finished 2nd overall in the MX2 class with a 14 - 6 scores. He was 4th in class in...
Baggett didn't do worse in Lommel, he finished 2nd overall in the MX2 class with a 14 - 6 scores. He was 4th in class in 2011 with 17 - 17.

I think it will just depend on whether Martin is overawed by it all. Having never travelled out of the US before and seemingly without much awareness of just how big an occasion the MXdN is on race day a lot will hinge on whether he can stay mentally focussed. Even if he has an off day I don't think he'll do badly though.
That shit don`t matter anymore cause they count actual race finishes and not finishes in each class. Roczen and Tomac showed how it`s done and by that standard and being AMA champion Baggett did horrible.

The Shop

9/26/2014 4:38am
i think martin will be around the back end of the top 10 (overall not in class) in the mx2/mx1 race, and probably a bit better in the mx3/mx2 race - i think he will get beat by cairoli and searle- i think it will be close between a few of the mx2 guys and alot will be dependant on starts as usual. Lieber is normally out of the gate like a scolded cat so he should be up there if he keeps it on 2 wheels!

KlootZak
9/26/2014 4:50am
I think he will surprise us and be in the top 3 for the MX2/MX3 race. For the MX1/MX2 race I'll expect him around 8-9-10.
Crush
9/26/2014 5:07am
He's got a great chance at the start on that bike, and that means sooooo much the way the classes are scored now. If your 250eff guy gets really good starts you've set yourselves up pretty good.
Crush
9/26/2014 5:12am
Also the track looks millville-ish in terms of soil...
Jimfunn
9/26/2014 5:21am
I think he's gonna do really well, but I think if Tomac doesn't have crashes and things go his way, he'll go 1-1
pilotdude
9/26/2014 5:21am
I met and talked to him at Washougal, introducing him to some new race fans who wanted his autograph. He was the most down to earth, easy going, old school type of guy. He was leading the points and you would never have known by talking to him. I think he will do exactly what the team asks of him, and that he will do very, very well. If he really gets a fire lit under him, he might pull an 07, as Zoot mentioned.
O___o
9/26/2014 5:59am
pilotdude wrote:
I met and talked to him at Washougal, introducing him to some new race fans who wanted his autograph. He was the most down to earth...
I met and talked to him at Washougal, introducing him to some new race fans who wanted his autograph. He was the most down to earth, easy going, old school type of guy. He was leading the points and you would never have known by talking to him. I think he will do exactly what the team asks of him, and that he will do very, very well. If he really gets a fire lit under him, he might pull an 07, as Zoot mentioned.
He's a diplomatic young kid. so is Dungey and Tomac, as well. I wonder if they will be boo'ed off the podium like they were in Belgium?

Gringoe
9/26/2014 6:05am
i think martin will be around the back end of the top 10 (overall not in class) in the mx2/mx1 race, and probably a bit better...
i think martin will be around the back end of the top 10 (overall not in class) in the mx2/mx1 race, and probably a bit better in the mx3/mx2 race - i think he will get beat by cairoli and searle- i think it will be close between a few of the mx2 guys and alot will be dependant on starts as usual. Lieber is normally out of the gate like a scolded cat so he should be up there if he keeps it on 2 wheels!

If Searle is riding a 250f there's about a 10% chance he beats Martin IMO
cz2crf2wc
9/26/2014 6:05am
Hit I think he will want to prove this summer wasn't a fluke
BobPA
9/26/2014 6:13am
cz2crf2wc wrote:
Hit I think he will want to prove this summer wasn't a fluke
I think the massive ass whooping he have everyone this summer showed his speed is no fluke
segers
Fantasy
2279th
9/26/2014 6:33am
If they get boo'd its not the riders but the yankee fanboys that got boo'd for all the crap u guys shit on this board,
I watch all the nationals, dont watch gp's but at the mxdn i always hope the us get waxed just for us fans to see euro riders aint that slow.
it is a great event and lets hope we see great racing this weekend!!
Go Belgium
9/26/2014 6:38am
KlootZak wrote:
How do you think Martin will perform this weekend at MXdN? In my opinion, Baggett was a bit rubbish during his MXdN outing. Yes, Team USA...

In my opinion, Baggett was a bit rubbish during his MXdN outing. Yes, Team USA won in France but RV and RD rode really great back then, Baggett not so much. In Lommel, Baggett did even worse (and was lapped). Tomac on the other hand rode incredibly last year but unfortunately fell during his chase on Roczen.

I have a feeling we will see a '07 RV-esque performance by Martin. Martin was really fast this summer and the track in Latvia has the same type of dirt like Millville. I also think that Martin won't be affected by nerves and he is really great starter which is very important in the nations.
I think Martin will do pretty well. His confidence is soaring, soil looks to fit his riding style. Can't wait to see how he matches up with Cairoli. It's been proven over the years that dropping down to the small class for one race isn't easy, unless your Everts or Carmichael.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/26/2014 6:39am
My prediction is he will have a good moto and a not so good. In the end he will get beat by AC Searle and gajser for the mx2 class.
BobPA
9/26/2014 6:40am
crusty_xx wrote:
My prediction is he will have a good moto and a not so good. In the end he will get beat by AC Searle and gajser...
My prediction is he will have a good moto and a not so good. In the end he will get beat by AC Searle and gajser for the mx2 class.
Searle? Gajser? You are joking right?
Jimfunn
9/26/2014 7:02am
O___o wrote:
He's a diplomatic young kid. so is Dungey and Tomac, as well. I wonder if they will be boo'ed off the podium like they were in...
He's a diplomatic young kid. so is Dungey and Tomac, as well. I wonder if they will be boo'ed off the podium like they were in Belgium?

I was stood at the podium in Lommel and the Boo's were embarrassing & un-called for. MXdN wouldn't be the same without the yanks there & they still got on the box. It was much better in Germany last year.
hillbilly
9/26/2014 7:08am
Don't care how he does ,happy for him to get the chance.

I think 3 new guys should go each year,no repeats.

Back in the day when the euros were better and then we won it was more important to me. But,we won for years and proved we were the dominant riders. Then the pendulum swung back and now the globe is littered with good riders and the race just isnt important to me for a win but the comradery of the sport and the display of flags and the spectacle of the best riders rounding the 1st turn and going fast on a dirtbike.
jamma10
9/26/2014 7:08am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2014 7:17am
jamma10 wrote:
Baggett didn't do worse in Lommel, he finished 2nd overall in the MX2 class with a 14 - 6 scores. He was 4th in class in...

kongols wrote:
That shit don`t matter anymore cause they count actual race finishes and not finishes in each class. Roczen and Tomac showed how it`s done and by...
That shit don`t matter anymore cause they count actual race finishes and not finishes in each class. Roczen and Tomac showed how it`s done and by that standard and being AMA champion Baggett did horrible.
Well yeah, but wasn't really my point. I only used the class standings as reference.

KlootZak said he did worse in Lommel, when in actual fact he got better results than he did the previous year in France.
9/26/2014 7:13am
crusty_xx wrote:
My prediction is he will have a good moto and a not so good. In the end he will get beat by AC Searle and gajser...
BobPA wrote:
Searle? Gajser? You are joking right?
searle gave herlings a good battle in 2012 and was runner up in mx2 07/08, and gajser has been on the gas lately with hrc support
oshow
9/26/2014 7:19am
KlootZak wrote:
How do you think Martin will perform this weekend at MXdN? In my opinion, Baggett was a bit rubbish during his MXdN outing. Yes, Team USA...

I don't think it will be RV-esque as he isn't going to dominate. But he will get the job done. IMO
jamma10
9/26/2014 7:21am
It might be worth mentioning that Dylan Ferrandis finished second overall behined Herlings at the Latvian GP last year.
quiknic
Fantasy
1093rd
9/26/2014 7:23am
Jeremy - Home run this weekend, I expect and hope to see him put in a performance similar to Pastrana in 2000. Young, happy and hungry! GO JEREMY!!!
KlootZak
9/26/2014 7:32am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2014 7:33am
jamma10 wrote:
Well yeah, but wasn't really my point. I only used the class standings as reference. KlootZak said he did worse in Lommel, when in actual fact...
Well yeah, but wasn't really my point. I only used the class standings as reference.

KlootZak said he did worse in Lommel, when in actual fact he got better results than he did the previous year in France.
My mistake, I thought he did worse but statistics say otherwise

It still wasn't great to be honest. Eli would have done a much better ride at Lommel
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/26/2014 7:33am
segers wrote:
If they get boo'd its not the riders but the yankee fanboys that got boo'd for all the crap u guys shit on this board, I...
If they get boo'd its not the riders but the yankee fanboys that got boo'd for all the crap u guys shit on this board,
I watch all the nationals, dont watch gp's but at the mxdn i always hope the us get waxed just for us fans to see euro riders aint that slow.
Go Belgium
If they get boo'd then it's because of fanboys on Vital?? LOL
jamma10
9/26/2014 7:37am
segers wrote:
If they get boo'd its not the riders but the yankee fanboys that got boo'd for all the crap u guys shit on this board, I...
Go Belgium
seth505 wrote:
If they get boo'd then it's because of fanboys on Vital?? LOL
And RacerX, Youtube, Facebook etc...
9/26/2014 7:44am
I think he'll probably get beat by Tony but it'll be a good race and Jeremy will himself beat Tommy and Dylan for the 2nd best 250f. So overall, a hit.

Sandberm
9/26/2014 7:45am
I think he wins a moto and gets a top five in the other, beating all MX2 guys in both motos.

Printed label that!

USA!USA!USA!

Post a reply to: Jeremy Martin: hit-or-miss

The Latest