Jeffrey Herlings Injury Update

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 10:16am
Just woke with this in my inbox, not sure its been posted, feel bad for the kid, his frustration level must be sky high (as that FB rant showed) Get well Jeffrey!

Successful surgery for Red Bull KTM’s Jeffrey Herlings

KTM Racing has announced that Red Bull KTM Factory MX2 rider Jeffrey Herlings has undergone successful surgery to repair the injury he sustained in a crash in MX2 qualifying at the Loket circuit in the Czech Republic on Saturday.

Jeffrey dislocated his hip during the crash, and as already confirmed by his team manager Dirk Groebel after Sunday’s MXGP of Czech Republic, the Dutch rider and two-time MX2 World Champion will not ride again in 2015.

While Herlings’ injury came as a blow to the Red Bull KTM Factory Team, Pit Beirer, KTM Motorsports Director has confirmed that he has received the best possible care by doctors in the Czech Republic, and in Belgium, and he must now concentrate on his recovery process. Read More HERE
|
500guy
7/28/2015 11:34am
I hurt just thinking about it, get well soon Jeffrey !!!!!!
hillbilly
7/28/2015 11:34am
A lot of those guys have ate it on over watered hard ground. The commentator was even complaining about it at one race,maybe Germany.

Never saw JH crash,just still pics of the hit. Was it a slippery face that got him?

Hell,even Max 99 crash looked like he spun up the face in that roller section and slung it down the track.
keinz
7/28/2015 11:44am
ocscottie wrote:
Just woke with this in my inbox, not sure its been posted, feel bad for the kid, his frustration level must be sky high (as that...
Just woke with this in my inbox, not sure its been posted, feel bad for the kid, his frustration level must be sky high (as that FB rant showed) Get well Jeffrey!

Successful surgery for Red Bull KTM’s Jeffrey Herlings

KTM Racing has announced that Red Bull KTM Factory MX2 rider Jeffrey Herlings has undergone successful surgery to repair the injury he sustained in a crash in MX2 qualifying at the Loket circuit in the Czech Republic on Saturday.

Jeffrey dislocated his hip during the crash, and as already confirmed by his team manager Dirk Groebel after Sunday’s MXGP of Czech Republic, the Dutch rider and two-time MX2 World Champion will not ride again in 2015.

While Herlings’ injury came as a blow to the Red Bull KTM Factory Team, Pit Beirer, KTM Motorsports Director has confirmed that he has received the best possible care by doctors in the Czech Republic, and in Belgium, and he must now concentrate on his recovery process. Read More HERE
Poor kid. I hope he's can rebuild he's confident after that crash. He asked thrue the social media for now already couple of times, how much one human bean can suffer? So much talent can't be wasted like that. By now we can tell, that this dude one of the fastest in the world, and lets hope he will be back.
keinz
7/28/2015 11:53am
hillbilly wrote:
A lot of those guys have ate it on over watered hard ground. The commentator was even complaining about it at one race,maybe Germany. Never saw...
A lot of those guys have ate it on over watered hard ground. The commentator was even complaining about it at one race,maybe Germany.

Never saw JH crash,just still pics of the hit. Was it a slippery face that got him?

Hell,even Max 99 crash looked like he spun up the face in that roller section and slung it down the track.
Nothing was wrong for Febrvre. All that supermoto experience favored him. It's all aboubt your (like old Estonian
saying ) ass senseSmile )

The Shop

GIwasB4
7/28/2015 1:05pm
hillbilly wrote:
A lot of those guys have ate it on over watered hard ground. The commentator was even complaining about it at one race,maybe Germany. Never saw...

keinz wrote:
Nothing was wrong for Febrvre. All that supermoto experience favored him. It's all aboubt your (like old Estonian
saying ) ass senseSmile )
You guys have so much more ass sense than us mericans.
ocscottie
7/28/2015 3:23pm
Here is a gnarly sequence of the crash:

7/28/2015 3:43pm
The same reason it is a dislocated shoulder instead of a dislocated arm. The dislocation is named by the joint, not one of the bones of said joint.
7/28/2015 3:52pm
Well the shin bone's connected to the knee bone and the knee bone's connected to the leg bone and the leg bone's connected to the hip bone and the .............Wink
But seriously, get well soon to Jeffrey.
Olson
7/28/2015 4:49pm
However! Nasty crash and injury. Hope he gets back strong and motivated.
7/28/2015 5:55pm
Please refrain from posting drawings of dislocated joints please. They make me feel squeamish.
Thank You.....
kkawboy14
7/28/2015 6:01pm
Please refrain from posting drawings of dislocated joints please. They make me feel squeamish.
Thank You.....
Me to...... (For all the English class students who will be along to correct me, too or 2 would have been better huh?)
ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/28/2015 6:02pm
ocscottie wrote:
Err did you really need to quote it? Blink
I forgot that it was Tixier that landed into him. Insult to injury... Tixier takes the title last year and puts him out of it this year. Blink
7/28/2015 7:20pm
Crash photo sequence looks as though the injury may have occurred when he was hit by Tixier. I've heard and read some really bad things about a hip labrum tear. Difficult to repair and rehab and extremely painful. Common in hip dislocations also.
bob567
7/28/2015 7:36pm
Heal up. Come back on a 450. Please.
ocscottie
7/28/2015 8:10pm
ML512 wrote:
I forgot that it was Tixier that landed into him. Insult to injury... Tixier takes the title last year and puts him out of it this...
I forgot that it was Tixier that landed into him. Insult to injury... Tixier takes the title last year and puts him out of it this year. Blink
DOH! Woohoo
Tim507
7/28/2015 9:05pm
Hip dislocations are very painful! Had a full dislocate of the left hip 1989. Usually the blood source to the head of the femur is severed and not repairable. Over the years the femur head degenerates until a replacement is neededSad

7/28/2015 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 9:36pm
ocscottie wrote:
Time for a code that takes the IMG tags away when a post with pics is quoted

And i my dislocated elbow hurt like hell, can't imagine a dislocated hip...
Cygnus
7/28/2015 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 9:47pm
ocscottie wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I forgot that it was Tixier that landed into him. Insult to injury... Tixier takes the title last year and puts him out of it this...
If you at the left elbow Tixi has blood all over it. He must have had a previous crash.

Get well soon JH!
Crush
7/28/2015 10:03pm
I've dislocated my hip.

Here to tell you it's FUCKED.

Hope he heals up well.
jeffro503
7/28/2015 10:13pm
Damn I just saw this. JH has taken a hell of a beating this year on his body. Hope he gets healed up and has a good off season , then come out swinging next year.

The amount of injuries both the GP's and the nationals have sustained this year is just crazy to think about. I know most of us keep saying it , but it sure does seem to happen a lot more than it used to. Just progressively getting worse every 3 - 5yrs. Faster bikes , faster speed , bigger jumps and guys that are willing to push those fast bikes to their limits. Bad shit can happen.
Robgvx
7/29/2015 1:43am
Dislocated hip story. No idea if it's true or an urban myth...

Rugby player dislocates hip in a tackle. In agony on the field the first aiders come to his assistance and tell him that they need to put his joint back in place. So they pull on his leg to pop the ball back into the socket.

What they don't realise is that his testicle has fallen into the socket while he's lying there...
HenryA
7/29/2015 2:17am
Robgvx wrote:
Dislocated hip story. No idea if it's true or an urban myth... Rugby player dislocates hip in a tackle. In agony on the field the first...

Rugby player dislocates hip in a tackle. In agony on the field the first aiders come to his assistance and tell him that they need to put his joint back in place. So they pull on his leg to pop the ball back into the socket.

What they don't realise is that his testicle has fallen into the socket while he's lying there...
DUDE BlinkBlinkBlink
jeffro503
7/29/2015 9:56am
Robgvx wrote:
Dislocated hip story. No idea if it's true or an urban myth... Rugby player dislocates hip in a tackle. In agony on the field the first...

Good lord Rob! That just made me light headed and my knees about to buckle. Uhhgg! That poor SOB!
7/29/2015 10:10am
hillbilly wrote:

It was Uddevalla, and it was probably the only time I ever agreed with Malin. It was absolutely ridiculous. That's the one where he about knocked his pinky off.
Camp332
7/29/2015 10:13am
Robgvx wrote:

Bro! You smokin on that Candian Kush again?
7/29/2015 10:16am
Robgvx wrote:

Camp332 wrote:
Bro! You smokin on that Candian Kush again?
nah, he's a redcoat.

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings Injury Update

The Latest