Jeffrey Herlings

HuskyEd
Edited Date/Time 1/15/2013 11:45am
We've heard this before about certain GP riders............

Via Twitter: Herlings also confirmed 2013 and 2014 in MX2 Grands Prix but considering Lites SX campaign this coming winter
|
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
6/9/2012 11:01am
how would he be able to stay in MX2 that long? If he wins this year I wouldnt think he would be able to race it more than once to defend. Although I guess Cairoli raced quite a few years in the class even with 2 titles and a few close calls. Seems the GP's are less stingy about forcing riders to move up.
SlowMoFo
6/9/2012 11:03am
I will love to see him try it, he'll get a taste of reality!
ayearinmx
6/9/2012 11:04am
mx 219 wrote:
how would he be able to stay in MX2 that long? If he wins this year I wouldnt think he would be able to race it...
how would he be able to stay in MX2 that long? If he wins this year I wouldnt think he would be able to race it more than once to defend. Although I guess Cairoli raced quite a few years in the class even with 2 titles and a few close calls. Seems the GP's are less stingy about forcing riders to move up.
you have to move up when you're 23... no advancement due to results
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
6/9/2012 11:05am
I knew they had the age rule, but thanks for the clarification on advancement.

The Shop

rpoint116
6/9/2012 11:13am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2012 11:13am
SlowMoFo wrote:
He might be the real deal.

He SCREEMS outdoors!!!

He will need to get his SX leggs under him though.
Phillips467
6/9/2012 11:42am
Man, after this year Searle, Van Horebeek and Roelants have to move up to MX1, with Osborne leaving as well, there's a possibility Herlings could go undefeated next year.
SlowMoFo
6/9/2012 11:52am
SlowMoFo wrote:
rpoint116 wrote:
He might be the real deal.

He SCREEMS outdoors!!!

He will need to get his SX leggs under him though.
I know he is very good outdoors but Kenny was abusing him last year and look at Kenny here in the States. I was refering to SX. He sure will have to learn a thing or two.
Ewan
6/9/2012 12:09pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
I know he is very good outdoors but Kenny was abusing him last year and look at Kenny here in the States. I was refering to...
I know he is very good outdoors but Kenny was abusing him last year and look at Kenny here in the States. I was refering to SX. He sure will have to learn a thing or two.
Yeah but Kenny was smoking everyone at the des nations, he has the speed to smoke america's best outdoors but I think supercross realy dented his confidence this year.

If Herlings skipped sx and jumped straight into the nationals next year I reckon the cocky little shit could do some damage.
TDeath21
6/9/2012 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2012 12:24pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
I know he is very good outdoors but Kenny was abusing him last year and look at Kenny here in the States. I was refering to...
Ewan wrote:
Yeah but Kenny was smoking everyone at the des nations, he has the speed to smoke america's best outdoors but I think supercross realy dented his...
Yeah but Kenny was smoking everyone at the des nations, he has the speed to smoke america's best outdoors but I think supercross realy dented his confidence this year.

If Herlings skipped sx and jumped straight into the nationals next year I reckon the cocky little shit could do some damage.
Stop just stop. It's one excuse after another when a GP champ comes to the states.
6/9/2012 12:33pm
Ewan wrote:
Yeah but Kenny was smoking everyone at the des nations, he has the speed to smoke america's best outdoors but I think supercross realy dented his...

not this shit again Huh
SlowMoFo
6/9/2012 12:52pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
Ewan wrote:

You got one thing right, he is a cocky little shit. I don't think Kenny's problem is lack of confidence.
MeanGreen
6/9/2012 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2012 1:05pm
I'm sure after seeing Musquin's and Roczen's results, he'll stay in the GP's.
DonM
6/9/2012 2:25pm
mx 219 wrote:
how would he be able to stay in MX2 that long? If he wins this year I wouldnt think he would be able to race it...
That's a SX only rule and that's about to change.....
Ewan
6/9/2012 2:28pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
You got one thing right, he is a cocky little shit. I don't think Kenny's problem is lack of confidence.
Well i guess we will see if he gets a win under his belt this season and can go on a roll?

If not for confidence, what do you reckon ken's problem is thus far?
SlowMoFo
6/9/2012 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2012 2:52pm
Ewan wrote:
Well i guess we will see if he gets a win under his belt this season and can go on a roll? If not for confidence...
Well i guess we will see if he gets a win under his belt this season and can go on a roll?

I don't think he has any problems as you can see, he almost won today.....ALMOST! There is a lot of competition on this side of the world.
Ewan
6/9/2012 3:10pm
Ewan wrote:
Well i guess we will see if he gets a win under his belt this season and can go on a roll? If not for confidence...

SlowMoFo wrote:
I don't think he has any problems as you can see, he almost won today.....ALMOST! There is a lot of competition on this side of the...
I don't think he has any problems as you can see, he almost won today.....ALMOST! There is a lot of competition on this side of the world.
not disputing that, but he should have walked that moto and he choked again......

how many times has he succumbed to Barcia, Tomac or Bagget this year?

when you're winning week in week out, you take it to anyone, like he did to Townley, Dungey and Chad in the MX1/MX2 motos at the '10 and '11 nations.

this year he got smoked indoors week in week out, and now he's outdoors he's throwing away possible wins because of silly mistakes and giving his competitors gifts.

he can run the lap times but i still think he's worrying about whats behind him rather than racing the track in front of him.....

BTW, i'm not looking for you to agree with me, it's just an opinion and that why we come on here, to shoot the shit not look for agreement and a pat on the back yeah?
6/9/2012 3:11pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
Ewan wrote:

what makes you think he has a problem? he almost won today
6/9/2012 3:13pm
Ewan wrote:
not disputing that, but he should have walked that moto and he choked again...... how many times has he succumbed to Barcia, Tomac or Bagget this...
not disputing that, but he should have walked that moto and he choked again......

when you're winning week in week out, you take it to anyone, like he did to Townley, Dungey and Chad in the MX1/MX2 motos at the '10 and '11 nations.

this year he got smoked indoors week in week out, and now he's outdoors he's throwing away possible wins because of silly mistakes and giving his competitors gifts.

he can run the lap times but i still think he's worrying about whats behind him rather than racing the track in front of him.....

BTW, i'm not looking for you to agree with me, it's just an opinion and that why we come on here, to shoot the shit not look for agreement and a pat on the back yeah?
also, you are an idiot
Ewan
6/9/2012 3:14pm
Go fuck yourself
mccread
6/9/2012 3:16pm
Man, after this year Searle, Van Horebeek and Roelants have to move up to MX1, with Osborne leaving as well, there's a possibility Herlings could go...
Man, after this year Searle, Van Horebeek and Roelants have to move up to MX1, with Osborne leaving as well, there's a possibility Herlings could go undefeated next year.
I wish he would move up to MX1 even in 2014 ... AC v Herlings in the sand would be something special.
SlowMoFo
6/9/2012 3:19pm
Ewan wrote:
not disputing that, but he should have walked that moto and he choked again...... how many times has he succumbed to Barcia, Tomac or Bagget this...

I think he is putting to much pressure on himself. Like you said, he is more worried about who is behind him rather than in front. That is the only observation I can make but other than that, he is doing pretty damn good. Yes some of us expected him to win a few by now but I guess we were quick to count out some of the other big hitters of the class. Patience, he will get a few.
6/9/2012 3:20pm
Man, after this year Searle, Van Horebeek and Roelants have to move up to MX1, with Osborne leaving as well, there's a possibility Herlings could go...
That's a good point and a frightening one!

There's an abundance of top level MX1 guys with only a handful of "very top" level MX2 riders. And now even less next year....
mccread
6/9/2012 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2012 3:22pm
SlowMoFo wrote:
Ewan wrote:

That last moto was the first time he got the chance to run his own pace and his own groove really. Once he got a little gap and got to run his own race he walked away (until the crash). Also the track was very slick not just pin it to win style.

Its different just, different tracks, diffferect style, racing americans in their own country is hard. very little practice time too. Still,, he should have won three motos. He is right there.

You put those three Americans in the World champs against Roczen and Herlings and I think Herlings and Roczen would be leading them in the points.. and Searle and Musquin would be right there too with them.

In the USA its different.
mccread
6/9/2012 3:25pm
That's a good point and a frightening one! There's an abundance of top level MX1 guys with only a handful of "very top" level MX2 riders...
That's a good point and a frightening one!

There's an abundance of top level MX1 guys with only a handful of "very top" level MX2 riders. And now even less next year....
Mx1 will be just nuts next year with those three moving up. IF you are not a factory talent level rider or GP winner you will find it hard just to get points lol There is almost too much talent in that class and it is forcing some very good riders out.
SlowMoFo
6/9/2012 3:26pm
mccread wrote:
That last moto was the first time he got the chance to run his own pace and his own groove really. Once he got a little...
That last moto was the first time he got the chance to run his own pace and his own groove really. Once he got a little gap and got to run his own race he walked away (until the crash). Also the track was very slick not just pin it to win style.

Its different just, different tracks, diffferect style, racing americans in their own country is hard. very little practice time too. Still,, he should have won three motos. He is right there.

You put those three Americans in the World champs against Roczen and Herlings and I think Herlings and Roczen would be leading them in the points.. and Searle and Musquin would be right there too with them.

In the USA its different.
These kids are at another level this year!

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings

The Latest