Jason Thomas look on the 'Stewart got Lapped' Issue.

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2016 3:23pm
This weekend in Atlanta marked a first in racing history—James Stewart was lapped without crashing! I know, I know, James has had a rough go of it lately and was just trying to complete the main event and build his form back up to being in contention. I understand that and this is not taking a shot at James. In fact, I actually commend him for swallowing his pride and finishing the race when he had to be frustrated with how things were unfolding. This is a race that was labeled the “Fastest Man on the Planet” for most of his career, so it was strange to watch the pack ride away from him while he simply clicked off laps.

What happened at the end of the race—as Marvin Musquin and Ryan Dungey lapped hi—was a direct result of James’ incredible career and lack of experience in this situation. This was not a blatant effort to get in the way, not bitterness at going a lap down, it was simply James getting into a situation he has literally never been in before.

Read the full article on RacerX
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/1/2016 12:18pm
He may have thought he had slowed down enough and was wondering why in the hell they had not passed him yet. Wink
Stewarts slowed down pace is faster than most people full on race pace.
ktm300hater
3/1/2016 12:19pm
Exactly. Everyone bags on him for crashing pulling off, not showing up etc. Can you imagine how hard it is mentally for him to get lapped. I commend him for finishing, and as much as I would have liked to see Marvin win last week, it wasn't James fault.
huck
3/1/2016 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 12:21pm
lostboy819 wrote:
He may have thought he had slowed down enough and was wondering why in the hell they had not passed him yet. ;) Stewarts slowed down...
He may have thought he had slowed down enough and was wondering why in the hell they had not passed him yet. Wink
Obviously his 'race pace' was slow enough to be about 52 seconds behind the leaders.

BTW, I'm so glad we have another thread on this same topic. I wonder if anything new will be posted? lol
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
3/1/2016 12:22pm
Stewart didn't pull over, but Marvin never should've tried the triple. Dungey would've been stuck behind him and Marvin was getting great drive through the sand all main. Both made poor judgement calls

The Shop

ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
3/1/2016 12:27pm
Stewart didn't pull over, but Marvin never should've tried the triple. Dungey would've been stuck behind him and Marvin was getting great drive through the sand...
Stewart didn't pull over, but Marvin never should've tried the triple. Dungey would've been stuck behind him and Marvin was getting great drive through the sand all main. Both made poor judgement calls
Yes. But one judgment call happened as a result of the other. And James had multiple opportunities to get out of the way. OTOH, lappers get in the way all the time. If it would have been anyone other than JS, there would have been no further discussion.
mauidex
3/1/2016 12:30pm
ACBraap wrote:
Yes. But one judgment call happened as a result of the other. And James had multiple opportunities to get out of the way. OTOH, lappers get...
Yes. But one judgment call happened as a result of the other. And James had multiple opportunities to get out of the way. OTOH, lappers get in the way all the time. If it would have been anyone other than JS, there would have been no further discussion.
"If it would have been anyone other than JS, there would have been no further discussion."

EXACTLY!!!!! CoolCool
JW381
3/1/2016 12:31pm
I hadn't realized that, huge props to James for finishing 20. Er, 19, but still. Wishing him more positive steps.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
3/1/2016 12:55pm
ACBraap wrote:
Yes. But one judgment call happened as a result of the other. And James had multiple opportunities to get out of the way. OTOH, lappers get...
mauidex wrote:
"If it would have been anyone other than JS, there would have been no further discussion."

EXACTLY!!!!! CoolCool
There would have been discussion on the issue of lappers costing Marv his first win whether it was Stew or not.

Except it would have been a 3 pager discussing how to avoid it instead of a 15 page war..
IWreckALot
3/1/2016 12:55pm
lostboy819 wrote:
He may have thought he had slowed down enough and was wondering why in the hell they had not passed him yet. ;) Stewarts slowed down...
huck wrote:
Obviously his 'race pace' was slow enough to be about 52 seconds behind the leaders. BTW, I'm so glad we have another thread on this same...
Obviously his 'race pace' was slow enough to be about 52 seconds behind the leaders.

BTW, I'm so glad we have another thread on this same topic. I wonder if anything new will be posted? lol
It's a do-over to get your comment on the first page of a fresh thread.
hillbilly
3/1/2016 12:58pm
So,after lapping probably hundreds of riders he never picked up on how would be a good way to position oneself while being lapped?

huck
3/1/2016 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 1:03pm
lostboy819 wrote:
huck wrote:
Obviously his 'race pace' was slow enough to be about 52 seconds behind the leaders. BTW, I'm so glad we have another thread on this same...

IWreckALot wrote:
It's a do-over to get your comment on the first page of a fresh thread.
Sweet. I have 2 on the first page. Winning!
ATKpilot99
3/1/2016 1:06pm
Has James commented on this on instagram or anything ?
philG
3/1/2016 1:27pm
hillbilly wrote:
So,after lapping probably hundreds of riders he never picked up on how would be a good way to position oneself while being lapped?

exactley ... Canard didnt seem to have much problem did he
VET176
3/1/2016 1:29pm
Who is this JT character? Does he even race? WhistlingWoohoo
Sandberm
3/1/2016 1:37pm
Didnt read the article but I am listening to the Racerx weekly podcast and JT is 100% spot on.
whyZ
3/1/2016 1:40pm
hillbilly wrote:

Sounds like something Confucius would say.
motomx88
3/1/2016 1:50pm
Exactly. Everyone bags on him for crashing pulling off, not showing up etc. Can you imagine how hard it is mentally for him to get lapped...
Exactly. Everyone bags on him for crashing pulling off, not showing up etc. Can you imagine how hard it is mentally for him to get lapped. I commend him for finishing, and as much as I would have liked to see Marvin win last week, it wasn't James fault.
This!
JW381
3/1/2016 1:54pm
Exactly. Everyone bags on him for crashing pulling off, not showing up etc. Can you imagine how hard it is mentally for him to get lapped...
motomx88 wrote:
This!
James played a part in it. I feel that's undeniable. Marvin thinks so, at least to an extent. Regardless, I'm also happy he finished the race.
mb60
3/1/2016 1:59pm
Did JT not get landed on one time in Houston as JS7 and Windham were battling for the win ?
rosebud441
3/1/2016 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 2:03pm
God please give us another race so we can quit squawking about this one....
RG1
3/1/2016 2:03pm
mb60 wrote:
Did JT not get landed on one time in Houston as JS7 and Windham were battling for the win ?
No. I think you'll find that happened after Stewart crashed and was coming back through the pack. Stewart decided to jump a quad or a triple only he was jumping whilst battling with riders outside of the top 10. The result was JT getting landed on without doing anything wrong
RG1
3/1/2016 2:04pm
hillbilly wrote:

Great point.
moto455va
3/1/2016 2:06pm
Im ready to put out this scenario

Stew thought Musquin was behind him and Dunge was the leader

Stew wanted to let Dunge around while not giving up the position up to Musquin

Seems plausible
Sandberm
3/1/2016 2:09pm
moto455va wrote:
Im ready to put out this scenario Stew thought Musquin was behind him and Dunge was the leader Stew wanted to let Dunge around while not...
Im ready to put out this scenario

Stew thought Musquin was behind him and Dunge was the leader

Stew wanted to let Dunge around while not giving up the position up to Musquin

Seems plausible
Makes sense, seeing how Marvin t-boned him at A1 and rooned his season....oh wait
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/1/2016 2:15pm
lostboy819 wrote:
huck wrote:

I am sure he has the speed,its he just doesn't have the stamina to push more than a few laps.
moto455va
3/1/2016 2:26pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I am sure he has the speed,its he just doesn't have the stamina to push more than a few laps.
Hes got the stamina to push down a few Krispy Kremes tho am I right
Jspazz
3/1/2016 2:28pm
Only James knows what happened.

Saying he wouldn't have had awareness of where the KTMs were behind him and where to let up would be odd considering he led throughout his career. Getting lapped isn't a special skill.

Hard for me not to say, he might have had some thoughts about trying to let only MM by first.
mx691
Fantasy
1185th
3/1/2016 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2016 2:35am
Im sad to say hes turned from the worlds greatest moto artist, doing what noone else could do to a washed up drama queen.

From "a photographer moving on the northern hemisphere, made me crash" to adderal-doping-story of not knowing to rapport substances used to getting-hurt-skipped-australia and now totally boneheaded missjudge how a lapped rider should behave, and when!
And dont remind me of bubbas world...

Sorry, James, a concussion to much or not, once you were my hero but its getting a bit much...

Post a reply to: Jason Thomas look on the 'Stewart got Lapped' Issue.

The Latest