Jason Lawrence sighting

3/8/2012 12:12am
That's because J-Law is the real 338. And the fans were fucking pumped at the thoght he was there. It just goes to show how many people still have his back. I\
3/8/2012 12:15am
Myke wrote:
Maybe he can ride Chad's bike this summer.
gt80rider wrote:
X2.... Lots of press coverage whether he makes top ten or not...
You fucking retards.

I'm sorry but the harshness was necessary.
ocscottie
3/8/2012 12:23am
Wasn't it at Daytona where he got out front and led some laps?
kongols wrote:
He led almost whole main event until Reed got him on lap 17. He got second.
Yeah, that's right. I thought he was going to pull it off!
Hard to believe that was way back in 09, so crazy how time flys!

Remember this epic chaos? James hitting the deck in the 1st turn and taking out half of the.....ah hell just watch Woohoo

https://youtu.be/0ZH8KHIdxSo

Jason missed all the mayhem by going inside the tuffblocks and missing a good portion of the 1st turn, this whole ordeal caused a good handful of 20 page threads lol
jemcee
3/8/2012 1:12am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2012 1:31am
some pics of that start from my hard drive (Edit: that I've saved onto my hard drive.. I didn't take them and I can't remember who did.. but I guess we can be sure that cudby or I think Guyb didn't)

lawrence cutting a new inside line haha

The Shop

SoCalMX70
3/8/2012 1:25am
jemcee wrote:
some pics of that start from my hard drive (Edit: that I've saved onto my hard drive.. I didn't take them and I can't remember who...
some pics of that start from my hard drive (Edit: that I've saved onto my hard drive.. I didn't take them and I can't remember who did.. but I guess we can be sure that cudby or I think Guyb didn't)

lawrence cutting a new inside line haha
First pic is out of focus... Wink
jemcee
3/8/2012 1:28am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
First pic is out of focus... Wink
haha nah sorry I didn't take them (I just realised the wording kinda makes it look like I'm saying that haha)

I meant I saved them from websites onto my harddrive haha
3/8/2012 5:46am
cant believe he cut the inside like that. i mean who does he think he is not adding to that pile up.
mxb2
3/8/2012 10:37am
What brand of bike was JLaw on? Who are the guys in the photo? Top guys?
Hando
3/8/2012 10:50am
mxb2 wrote:
Suzuki..i think they are just local AA riders.
bogdan912
3/8/2012 10:51am
Also of note he rode with #811 on the front plate.
mxb2
3/8/2012 10:53am
mxb2 wrote:
Hando wrote:
Suzuki..i think they are just local AA riders.
Thanks, Last time at blue diamond he was on a rmz.
ab5772
3/8/2012 11:52am
mxb2 wrote:
from Brotocross...

mxb2
3/8/2012 11:54am
mxb2 wrote:
ab5772 wrote:
from Brotocross... [img]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h407/eveningstarsmn/TRI-COUNTY%20HARE%20SCRAMBLE/DSC_0009.jpg[/img]
from Brotocross...

Thanks.
WeiserGuy
3/8/2012 2:46pm
I'm happy to see him looking humble on the podium and not mugging with a smart ass smirk that we've seen many times.. I don't know Mr. Lawrence personally, but running a tribute to his late friend #811 Josh Lichtle goes a long way with me.. Running that front plate tells me that he's putting life into perspective and he realizes that the most important thing in life is your family @ friends.. Keep having fun @ appreciate everything and everyone around you.. Wink
wawazat
3/8/2012 2:56pm
WeiserGuy wrote:
I'm happy to see him looking humble on the podium and not mugging with a smart ass smirk that we've seen many times.. I don't know...
I'm happy to see him looking humble on the podium and not mugging with a smart ass smirk that we've seen many times.. I don't know Mr. Lawrence personally, but running a tribute to his late friend #811 Josh Lichtle goes a long way with me.. Running that front plate tells me that he's putting life into perspective and he realizes that the most important thing in life is your family @ friends.. Keep having fun @ appreciate everything and everyone around you.. Wink
Not claiming to know Jason on a personal level, but he has always done very nice things for people, some just choose to ignore it.
dg148877
3/8/2012 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2012 3:52pm
dg148877 wrote:
It would be really interesting to see him just show up and race considering he's BANNED THROUGH THE 2012 SEASON. Him racing a hare scramble event...
It would be really interesting to see him just show up and race considering he's BANNED THROUGH THE 2012 SEASON. Him racing a hare scramble event makes sense though, think about it.....starting to get back on the bike waaay in advance in order to prep for the 2013 nationals. I guarantee you once the silly season starts his name is going to start popping up all over the place, and even though none of the major teams will probably touch him, I'd be willing to bet a buck or two he will show up at a race in 2013, even if it's as a privateer.
link to corroborate your story?
Here's a link, but you can find the same info on Google.....:

http://ama-supercross.com/what-happened-to-jason-lawrence/

I work in marketing for the AMA. If you live in the 909 it's pretty common knowledge within the MX industry. Jason Lawrence if officially suspended from competing in any/all AMA Motocross/Supercross events through the 2012 season.

Since Yamaha cancelled their factory team (and are instead just supporting satellite teams with parts and letting the main sponsors foot the team's bills due to the economy), I doubt he's gonna end up on a YZF. Because I really doubt Yamaha will agree with supporting him in any way (this is just industry rumor talk at this point, but oh well). Everything's gotta shake out for 2013, there's bound to be some major moves, especially with Team Honda. With all the injuries right now it would be a great time for him to pop up and take over somebody's ride, but he just isn't allowed to.

It's disappointing to know what he did with his career, but I think people tend to forget that he's still really, really young. And is really, really talented on a MX bike. I mean, put the kid on good machinery with good support and he's going to do well. Look at where RV2 is now. Those two used to battle. It's just sad that teams/sponsors are soooooo conservative these days. To them, a rider is simply an investment though, and nothing more. Let's go back to the Bob Hannah days when he'd be yelling at guys in front of him to get the *#% out of the way, kicking their bikes in corners, and flipping them off DURING THE RACE! And Hannah's a legend!!
In my mind, there are only a handful of guys on the planet that can ride at the level the top guys ride at. Lawrence has already proven he can run that pace. If I was a team manager of a team that needed a rider, why wouldn't I sign him? What am I going to do, go out and find some no-name that magically has the speed to run with the top guys in the sport? Plus, the press alone from signing him would be like investing in a huge advertising campaign.
A lot of people get in trouble, see what jail is actually like, and actually come out truly changed. I hope J-Law is one of those guys.
So far the steps he's taken (that anybody knows about) point to good things. He moved back East with his family, which I think is good, as he got into too much trouble in L.A. & said he hated it anyways. He's gotten out of all the industry drama/twitter/facebook/whatever. Rumors of him being seen back on the bike point to good things as well. I just think he's too talented of a guy for us to have seen the last of him.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2864th
3/9/2012 6:52am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2012 6:53am
The guy was unbelievably talented on a bike, I for one would love to see a determined, clear headed Jason Lawrence back out there mixing it up.
MaxPower
4/23/2012 5:37pm
I cant believe how many people said nice things about Jlaw on here. I thought for sure everyone would damn him to Hell.

I would love to see him come back and do well.A few are just perfect but most everyone has done stupid things. . Jlaw has done more stupid things. .But he has screwed over himself and has paid for it.

I didnt realize he was kicked off the island till next year. The AMA is sure strict on their rules. Its good to see they enforce them fairly to everyone.
The event he won isnt a Nation MX, but to beat everyone in a tight South Jersey Harescramble with over 2 hours of racing is impressive to me.
8/18/2012 3:57pm
TannerMxer wrote:
Why do people still talk about this guy?
Because I watched him from 5 years old. One of the most talented riders in the world. But he was out of control. Drinking, Drugs, criminal behavior and still was a Supercross Champion. He could have been a legend. We all wish we had talent like his. If you knew him you just wished he would get right. Then he'd break you heart.....
rmpilot
8/18/2012 4:46pm
cant believe he cut the inside like that. i mean who does he think he is not adding to that pile up.
i know, what a punk.
ocscottie
8/18/2012 4:51pm
Way to bump an old worthless thread by a n00b on one of the busiest days. Blink
resetjet
10/20/2012 7:43am
Another sighting, last week at the NEOC hare scramble in NJ.......He DNF'd don't know why after 1st lap.

pic of him on 811

Bottom row 3rd from right.
Josh422
10/20/2012 7:56am
resetjet wrote:
Another sighting, last week at the NEOC hare scramble in NJ.......He DNF'd don't know why after 1st lap. [url=http://www.neocracing.com/photos/2012-race-photos/?album=21&gallery=176]pic of him on 811[/url] Bottom row 3rd...
Another sighting, last week at the NEOC hare scramble in NJ.......He DNF'd don't know why after 1st lap.

pic of him on 811

Had a bad case of the Stewarts.
HenryA
10/20/2012 8:57am
resetjet wrote:
Another sighting, last week at the NEOC hare scramble in NJ.......He DNF'd don't know why after 1st lap. [url=http://www.neocracing.com/photos/2012-race-photos/?album=21&gallery=176]pic of him on 811[/url] Bottom row 3rd...

pic of him on 811

Still having Arma stickers on his bike, damn J-law is confusing. Hops his back to 2013, that would be the last pick to a perfect season.
JW381
10/20/2012 9:11am
Anyone find it funny that he's doing these endurance races now? The same guy that would hardly finish half of one moto?

338 4 lyfe
Hando
10/20/2012 10:37am
monster cup has good pay out. dude must not need money. i dont get it.
are u retarded??

he must not have the proper support!!
bangmyhead
10/20/2012 10:48am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2012 10:48am
HAHAHA

I hope he shows up to some races, dude adds tons of flavor.

Post a reply to: Jason Lawrence sighting

The Latest