Jason Anderson & Alpinestars

mxjon454
Edited Date/Time 11/5/2017 9:40pm
Just saw on his instagram that hes running Alpinestar gear now. Seems like theyre making a push with Tomac, Barcia, Tickle, and now Anderson. Usually it seemed like A-Star only had 1 or 2 riders running their gear in the states. With all the custom stuff they do for their riders, Andersons probably gunna have some sweet gear.
|
yurcho44
11/2/2017 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2017 1:05pm
Kyle Peters is now wearing A Stars also
mxjon454
11/2/2017 1:09pm
yurcho44 wrote:
Kyle Peters is now wearing A Stars also
Ohh ya forgot about that. I wonder when theyre going to start selling it in the shops out here. Seems like theyre making a push, but theyre still not going to sell it in the U.S. besides buying it online?

The Shop

davistld01
11/2/2017 1:13pm
^^^^He's standing still, and the back of his jersey is still hanging out...^^^
11/2/2017 1:46pm
They must have given him a sweetheart deal like Barcia or Tomac have. They have the best boots in the business and the ugliest gear around. I thought they said on Pulp that they're signing guys to sell boots & neck braces, not actual gear. I don't think it will be available state side
11/2/2017 2:10pm
They must have given him a sweetheart deal like Barcia or Tomac have. They have the best boots in the business and the ugliest gear around...
They must have given him a sweetheart deal like Barcia or Tomac have. They have the best boots in the business and the ugliest gear around. I thought they said on Pulp that they're signing guys to sell boots & neck braces, not actual gear. I don't think it will be available state side
You can buy the gear directly from their website.
11/2/2017 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2017 3:02pm
Its the boots. The reason theyre not selling the gear in the USA is because right now, Alpinestars boots go with any brand. If they have gear, the boots will be perceived to not match other gear brands.
gt80rider
11/2/2017 3:04pm
Some companies are hurting, a few are still flush, looks like we r seeing who still has some cash.

With that said, it would take a LOT of money for me to wear their gear, wow, that stuff is ugly, at least for American tastes.
11/2/2017 3:15pm
Its the boots. The reason theyre not selling the gear in the USA is because right now, Alpinestars boots go with any brand. If they have...
Its the boots. The reason theyre not selling the gear in the USA is because right now, Alpinestars boots go with any brand. If they have gear, the boots will be perceived to not match other gear brands.
mxjon454
11/2/2017 3:49pm
Its the boots. The reason theyre not selling the gear in the USA is because right now, Alpinestars boots go with any brand. If they have...
I remember hearing that A-Stars had a deal with Thor, where Thor wouldnt produce a high end boot like fox and in return A-Stars wouldnt sell their gear stateside. And like you said, if they dont sell the gear here, then more people will think A-Star boots go with any gear brand.
mxjon454
11/2/2017 3:52pm
gt80rider wrote:
Some companies are hurting, a few are still flush, looks like we r seeing who still has some cash. With that said, it would take a...
Some companies are hurting, a few are still flush, looks like we r seeing who still has some cash.

With that said, it would take a LOT of money for me to wear their gear, wow, that stuff is ugly, at least for American tastes.
IMO the gear that they sell to the public has always looked really good, but the custom stuff that they were making for Barcia and Tomac (when he was on Hondas) was hideous. The stuff Tomac wore this year was pretty good looking besides him always wearing green. Ill run A-Star gear over Thor any day. Idk what happened with Thor but almost all their gear theyve made these last few years have been ugly. Thor needs to bring back the '04-'09 style gear.
tcallahan707
11/2/2017 5:42pm
mxjon454 wrote:
I remember hearing that A-Stars had a deal with Thor, where Thor wouldnt produce a high end boot like fox and in return A-Stars wouldnt sell...
I remember hearing that A-Stars had a deal with Thor, where Thor wouldnt produce a high end boot like fox and in return A-Stars wouldnt sell their gear stateside. And like you said, if they dont sell the gear here, then more people will think A-Star boots go with any gear brand.
This seems like a sweet deal for every other company. They can sell whatever they want and have slightly less competition.
Spooner
11/2/2017 5:58pm
I wonder if he will switch to the astars neck brace too
aeffertz
11/2/2017 6:42pm
[img]https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/44056278/cant-tell-if-serious-or-trolling.jpg[/img]
Whether he's serious or not, that's one of the reason I always choose Gaerne or SIDI boots.White boots go with anything, especially if they're a stand alone company. I'm too ADD with my gear to always be purchasing nice, expensive matching boots.
aeffertz
11/2/2017 6:42pm
Spooner wrote:
Good question!
11/2/2017 6:46pm
Spooner wrote:
I hope not. Atlas is the best brace on the market!
11/2/2017 8:16pm
Spooner wrote:
I hope not. Atlas is the best brace on the market!
He has videos on his Instagram story and he's still wearing the Atlas.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/2/2017 8:52pm
Spooner wrote:
In the 2018 silly season round two update Anderson is still listed with Airoh helmets/Atlas brace with Alpinestars gear and boots.

The Alpinestars deal is done and he's still wearing the Atlas brace on his Instagram story. Had he made the switch to the A-Stars brace he'd be wearing it already.

It's still a bit surprising considering Alpinestars does make a neck brace.
mxjon454
11/2/2017 9:40pm
Spooner wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In the 2018 silly season round two update Anderson is still listed with Airoh helmets/Atlas brace with Alpinestars gear and boots. The Alpinestars deal is done...
In the 2018 silly season round two update Anderson is still listed with Airoh helmets/Atlas brace with Alpinestars gear and boots.

The Alpinestars deal is done and he's still wearing the Atlas brace on his Instagram story. Had he made the switch to the A-Stars brace he'd be wearing it already.

It's still a bit surprising considering Alpinestars does make a neck brace.
Yaa thats true, but remember in '05 ryan mills ran Alpinestar gear and Gaerne boots? That one sure had me puzzled lol
mxjon454
11/2/2017 9:42pm
[img]https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/44056278/cant-tell-if-serious-or-trolling.jpg[/img]
aeffertz wrote:
Whether he's serious or not, that's one of the reason I always choose Gaerne or SIDI boots.White boots go with anything, especially if they're a stand...
Whether he's serious or not, that's one of the reason I always choose Gaerne or SIDI boots.White boots go with anything, especially if they're a stand alone company. I'm too ADD with my gear to always be purchasing nice, expensive matching boots.
Same here, but i have a pair of black Gaerne SG12s. I love how SIDI boots look and their colorways. How do you like the SIDIs? Comfort and fit? Im thinking about getting a pair of those as my mext boot.
Cygnus
11/2/2017 9:46pm
They must have given him a sweetheart deal like Barcia or Tomac have. They have the best boots in the business and the ugliest gear around...
Thier boots haven't been the best since about 2000. There are 3-4 better boots on the market now. I'd never buy another pair of astar boots. The soles last 4-5 rides and they are shot. Probaly a good thing cause the buckles break shortly thereafter.
Crush
11/3/2017 12:15am
They must sell a dickload of boots because it seems to make no sense having all these dudes in gear they don't sell.
RonJon
11/3/2017 3:40am
I just bought a new set of AStar gear online last night
11/3/2017 3:46am
aeffertz wrote:
Whether he's serious or not, that's one of the reason I always choose Gaerne or SIDI boots.White boots go with anything, especially if they're a stand...
White boots are boring and they require a lot of effort to still make them look nice after a while. That's the reason I will never buy white boots.
tek14
11/3/2017 4:18am
White boots are boring and they require a lot of effort to still make them look nice after a while. That's the reason I will never...
White boots are boring and they require a lot of effort to still make them look nice after a while. That's the reason I will never buy white boots.
Well that is difference between SoCal dusty hard pack tracks and wet sandy stuff you are riding at Holland. Even bike ridden hard pack looks brand new 50hours and one from sand tracks look old after couple rides.
Jt$
11/3/2017 6:23am
Cygnus wrote:
Thier boots haven't been the best since about 2000. There are 3-4 better boots on the market now. I'd never buy another pair of astar boots...
Thier boots haven't been the best since about 2000. There are 3-4 better boots on the market now. I'd never buy another pair of astar boots. The soles last 4-5 rides and they are shot. Probaly a good thing cause the buckles break shortly thereafter.
I wore Tech 10's for 10 years and never had these problems. Experiences differ for everyone but these are tough claims to believe for arguably the most respected boot brand worldwide.
Spydee
11/3/2017 6:28am
I still wear my Teach 8's from like 2003 and they're still fairing up pretty damn good.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
11/3/2017 6:35am
That's some of the best A-Stars gear I've seen.

Post a reply to: Jason Anderson & Alpinestars

The Latest