James says UNCLE! He quits!

RMZ819
8/14/2010 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2010 1:51pm
huck wrote:
Quiters never win, winners never quit.
Stewart went retro on us today. It looked like 2005 all over gain. All I can say is I never thought this would happen. The fastest practice rider in the world got his ASS handed to him today.

IMO, Larry Brooks might extend Stewart's career being on a SX only bullshit team but it might not matter if he can't hang. Looks like MC all over again except Dungey is playing the roll of RC.
bigborefan
8/14/2010 1:46pm
I think the reason everyone is so quick to dogpile James, as that he is advertised as "the fastest man on the planet". He was not that guy today, now was he? There is just so much shit talking surrounding Bubba, so much hype. He is fast, maybe the fastest, but not a great champion IMO. He showed that today as far as I am concerned.
Lightning78
8/14/2010 1:56pm
pamoto wrote:
I hope he shows for Steel City but I won't hold my breathe. Once he wasn't picked or even given a chance for MXoN you could...
I hope he shows for Steel City but I won't hold my breathe. Once he wasn't picked or even given a chance for MXoN you could see the wind go out of his sails.
I have a feeling that may be the case.....which would be a huge disappointment. Dont think his wrist is bothering his at all.....he was riding and...
I have a feeling that may be the case.....which would be a huge disappointment. Dont think his wrist is bothering his at all.....he was riding and testing and it seemed fine .....IMO that would be a fabricated excuse to sit the rest out IF he was only there to be on the MXDN..... dam thats gotta hurt his direction of his show.
WhKnuckle wrote:
Heck, there's no need for an excuse - if he came out to ride the Nationals with the understanding that he'd get considered for the Des...
Heck, there's no need for an excuse - if he came out to ride the Nationals with the understanding that he'd get considered for the Des Nations and he got to Unadilla and found out the team was already picked, then to heck with it. If that's what happened - and I don't know any more than anyone - then he was just used by the promoters to help attendance. Where I come from, that's wrong.
Its wrong for both sides to do what it appears they did with the MXdN and pimping James for attendence. I think someone stuck some Kryptonite on him because he looked mortal out there and I dont see him having his colossal advantage in SX anyomore either......he is going to have to battle with Dungey now.

If he doesnt come back I am going to lose a lot of my fan respect for him and I dont mean that in a negative manner its just his attitude today was not very good and to just ban Erin or NBC to get an interview even the team was silent was BS.

Next weekend will tell the real story and if he does quit till A1 I wont be all that excited about the ex fastest man on the planet.

Not pissed at all but he was being a sour sport today and it showed

The Shop

JB 19
8/14/2010 1:57pm
Dungey has screwed Stewarts head more than Carmicheal did. I wish Stewart would have stayed on the track and even got 8th.

He gained a lot of respect with me by getting 3rd in the 1st moto.........then lost it all when he pulled off in moto 2.
WhKnuckle
8/14/2010 2:00pm
It's funny, you watch him ride today and he obviously wasn't ready to ride, and people bag on him for trying. They bag on him when he doesn't ride for not trying, then they bag on him for trying. The fact is, lots of people just don't like him and that's all there is to it.

Well, that's fine. Fans are what they are. But you have to look at the situation and wonder, if he wasn't ready, why was he out there? The only reason I can see is he wanted to be considered for the MXDN - but the team was apparently already picked. Was he under the impression he'd get a shot? If so, that was, at the very least, a miscommunication.

He went out and tried, at his least favorite track in the whole world, and he was clearly unprepared. He turned the fastest lap in practice and got third in the moto after falling down, that's not too bad for a guy who was so unprepared he couldn't even finish the second moto.

People who question his intestinal fortitude must not have been around in '06 and '07, when he nearly killed himself - multiple times - trying to beat the best motocross rider who ever lived.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike James Stewart as a person - he's flashy, he's rich and wants everyone to know it, he's an attention hound - but you have to respect his pure ability to race. The guy is a pure racer down to his core. Like him or not, if you don't respect that, you don't know racing.
Outsider
8/14/2010 2:10pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
It's funny, you watch him ride today and he obviously wasn't ready to ride, and people bag on him for trying. They bag on him when...
It's funny, you watch him ride today and he obviously wasn't ready to ride, and people bag on him for trying. They bag on him when he doesn't ride for not trying, then they bag on him for trying. The fact is, lots of people just don't like him and that's all there is to it.

Well, that's fine. Fans are what they are. But you have to look at the situation and wonder, if he wasn't ready, why was he out there? The only reason I can see is he wanted to be considered for the MXDN - but the team was apparently already picked. Was he under the impression he'd get a shot? If so, that was, at the very least, a miscommunication.

He went out and tried, at his least favorite track in the whole world, and he was clearly unprepared. He turned the fastest lap in practice and got third in the moto after falling down, that's not too bad for a guy who was so unprepared he couldn't even finish the second moto.

People who question his intestinal fortitude must not have been around in '06 and '07, when he nearly killed himself - multiple times - trying to beat the best motocross rider who ever lived.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike James Stewart as a person - he's flashy, he's rich and wants everyone to know it, he's an attention hound - but you have to respect his pure ability to race. The guy is a pure racer down to his core. Like him or not, if you don't respect that, you don't know racing.
Good post.

I would add that, as sad as it might be, he may be out there to get racing time for his reality show. I don't know it that's the case, but it's possible.

IMO, L&M and it's SX only way of extending careers really only serves to extend the amount of time the life can be sucked out of it's riders. Of course, I have no clue what I'm saying, as I'm an outsider.
jeffro503
8/14/2010 2:13pm
Look........

I am not a huge Stewart fan , but some of you guys are writing him off way to early....sheeesh.

He was going to be rusty no matter what happened today. To me , his fitness could be a big question mark , and so is the bike setup. Along with nerves and so forth......that's a lot to take in.

I've slammed on Stewart for some of the stupid decisions he has made on his bike , but TODAY i am not going to even go there. I was glad to just see him back out there again.

SHIT.....I think way to many people put that guy up on a pedestal , and then when he doesn't do good.....they all get let down.

Give him a few races to get his speed and other things figured out , and we'll see him put in some better moto's.

BUT.....I will say this.......IF he up's and quits and doesn't race any more out doors because of this race.......I'm going to lose respect for the SOB!

His fucking wrist is FINE!! So nobody will use that as an excuse......HE even said it was fine! He just needs to get his ass back into shape!
DavidR
8/14/2010 2:14pm
huck wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
Stewart went retro on us today. It looked like 2005 all over gain. All I can say is I never thought this would happen. The fastest...
Stewart went retro on us today. It looked like 2005 all over gain. All I can say is I never thought this would happen. The fastest practice rider in the world got his ASS handed to him today.

IMO, Larry Brooks might extend Stewart's career being on a SX only bullshit team but it might not matter if he can't hang. Looks like MC all over again except Dungey is playing the roll of RC.
Hey RMZ 819. What happened to Stewart beating Dungey by 30 to 40 seconds? LMAO
jmar
8/14/2010 2:17pm
mcphilly wrote:
it was one race back after how long off. dude ran top 3 on the roughest track in the series and posted the fastest lap in...
it was one race back after how long off. dude ran top 3 on the roughest track in the series and posted the fastest lap in practice.... people want to right him off and shit saying hw is over and done ........jesus christ people I knew most of you were stupid but not that stupid ....holy shit .Silly
x2
I am going to have to go with mcphilly on this one, and I am not even a big JS fan.
DanDunes818
8/14/2010 2:20pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2011 12:31am
WhKnuckle wrote:
It's funny, you watch him ride today and he obviously wasn't ready to ride, and people bag on him for trying. They bag on him when...

Outsider wrote:
Good post. I would add that, as sad as it might be, he may be out there to get racing time for his reality show. I...
Good post.

I would add that, as sad as it might be, he may be out there to get racing time for his reality show. I don't know it that's the case, but it's possible.

IMO, L&M and it's SX only way of extending careers really only serves to extend the amount of time the life can be sucked out of it's riders. Of course, I have no clue what I'm saying, as I'm an outsider.
WhtKnuckle.. While I agree JS was a pure racer down to his core i'll have to say it looks like L&M has sucked the core out of him. Before Larry all Bubba talked about was breaking records and leaving his legacy as one of the best ever. Before Larry he was 24-0 and unbeatable. I hate to say it but IMO Larry Brooks is to James as Don King was to Mike Tyson. They both turned undefeated athletes into mere mortals.
RMZ819
8/14/2010 2:25pm
huck wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
Stewart went retro on us today. It looked like 2005 all over gain. All I can say is I never thought this would happen. The fastest...

DavidR wrote:
HHMMMM, HHMMMM, I am calling a stomach ache on this one. OR, Stewart and his SX only contract has bit him in the ass? Or Larry Brooks (Hate that guy more than Holigan Smile ) has ruined Stewart's outdoor skills since they are to cool for MX.

Or, I just don't know what the F- - k I was talking about.
gt80rider
8/14/2010 2:32pm
JB 19 wrote:
Dungey has screwed Stewarts head more than Carmicheal did. I wish Stewart would have stayed on the track and even got 8th. He gained a lot...
Dungey has screwed Stewarts head more than Carmicheal did. I wish Stewart would have stayed on the track and even got 8th.

He gained a lot of respect with me by getting 3rd in the 1st moto.........then lost it all when he pulled off in moto 2.
X2.... i think most fans would have a lot more respect for Bubba even if he would have finished 10th..... it was his first race back, really nothing more than a shakedown of his body and bike, the fans new that.... but to pull off, nothing good can be said about that...

MC would have never just pulled off..... MC didn't exactly set the world on fire outdoors, yet he raced it for years and took the finish he deserved, whether it have been 1st or 8th....

RC would not have pulled off either.... but then RC would not have showed back up till he was confident he was going to win (read- Crush'em) both motos.....
jeffro503
8/14/2010 2:34pm
RMZ819 wrote:

DavidR wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
HHMMMM, HHMMMM, I am calling a stomach ache on this one. OR, Stewart and his SX only contract has bit him in the ass? Or Larry...
HHMMMM, HHMMMM, I am calling a stomach ache on this one. OR, Stewart and his SX only contract has bit him in the ass? Or Larry Brooks (Hate that guy more than Holigan Smile ) has ruined Stewart's outdoor skills since they are to cool for MX.

I think it's a great guess on your part , when you say "I just don't know what the F- - k I was talking about. " You nailed it!
8/14/2010 2:34pm
3rd in Moto 1
Fastest lap time in practice

He finds his race legs, gets his bike dialed and maybe he can run up front or win. That's if he decides to come back for the last races.

Why did he DNF Moto 2?
Why the refusal to communicate with Erin / NBC?
I'm sure Larry and the PR folks will come out with some bullshit explanation / reason.
Fat Fingers
8/14/2010 2:36pm
GIve him a break haters.

Hes had a long lay off, told everyone before the race he was unfit and he will be ready for A1. Looked spent after moto 1.

He has the speed, that was proved today. Look out when he gets his fitness back.
jeffro503
8/14/2010 2:40pm
* wrote:
3rd in Moto 1 Fastest lap time in practice He finds his race legs, gets his bike dialed and maybe he can run up front or...
3rd in Moto 1
Fastest lap time in practice

He finds his race legs, gets his bike dialed and maybe he can run up front or win. That's if he decides to come back for the last races.

Why did he DNF Moto 2?
Why the refusal to communicate with Erin / NBC?
I'm sure Larry and the PR folks will come out with some bullshit explanation / reason.
Pure and simple......he just was not fucking ready for that type of a pace from RD ( and Deselle ( <
Stewie and all his fans were convinced that he was going to go out and destroy everyone........and look what happened. Reality check.........big time!

Stewart WILL get faster again out doors..........but he sure the fuck won't if he just walks away and quits!

He had a huge serving of "humble pie" today........Learn from it!
DanDunes818
8/14/2010 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2011 12:32am
Did I mention i'm not a LB fan..
ST Anmore
8/14/2010 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2010 2:46pm
People who think JS wasn't prepared are dumb as fook! I mean c'mon, why would the guy have such a sulk in moto 2 otherwise... why would he quit whilst mid moto because of nothing... but getting beaten, if he was riding only for the fans? He doesn't like losing, he wasn't upto scratch, but he could have really made a few fans if he stuck it out, maybe be humble etc!

JS needs to man up and admit sometimes he isn't good enough! I mean he got beat by Everts in 2006 and said he was riding for the team post race, but yet 5 months later in a magazine admitted he was upset at the time, because everyone expected him to bat SE as an individual, but openly admitted he had nothing for him!
WhKnuckle
8/14/2010 2:47pm
ST Anmore wrote:
People who think JS wasn't prepared are dumb as fook! I mean c'mon, why would the guy have such a sulk in moto 2 otherwise... why...
People who think JS wasn't prepared are dumb as fook! I mean c'mon, why would the guy have such a sulk in moto 2 otherwise... why would he quit whilst mid moto because of nothing... but getting beaten, if he was riding only for the fans? He doesn't like losing, he wasn't upto scratch, but he could have really made a few fans if he stuck it out, maybe be humble etc!

JS needs to man up and admit sometimes he isn't good enough! I mean he got beat by Everts in 2006 and said he was riding for the team post race, but yet 5 months later in a magazine admitted he was upset at the time, because everyone expected him to bat SE as an individual, but openly admitted he had nothing for him!
You've obviously never seen him ride when he's riding normal. Or else you know nothing about the sport.
Hank_Thrill
8/14/2010 2:48pm
DavidR wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
HHMMMM, HHMMMM, I am calling a stomach ache on this one. OR, Stewart and his SX only contract has bit him in the ass? Or Larry...

jeffro503 wrote:
I think it's a great guess on your part , when you say "[b]I just don't know what the F- - k I was talking about...
I think it's a great guess on your part , when you say "I just don't know what the F- - k I was talking about. " You nailed it!
I liked that too, but seriously, give the guy credit for being honest. 99% of us blowhards on here, including myself, are often just fooling ourselves.

Kudos to RMZ819!
ST Anmore
8/14/2010 2:51pm
ST Anmore wrote:
People who think JS wasn't prepared are dumb as fook! I mean c'mon, why would the guy have such a sulk in moto 2 otherwise... why...

WhKnuckle wrote:
You've obviously never seen him ride when he's riding normal. Or else you know nothing about the sport.
What like at A1? I mean Dungey led most of the race on his AMA 450 rookie ride, and challenged on the last couple laps! You JS fans need to get out of that bubble and realise Dungey has improved since then, and that James went 24-0 because he didn't have a guy like RD to deal with, its JS 2005 all over again crying like a baby!
TerryB
8/14/2010 2:56pm
Some of the Nut Huggers are trying to build an excuse for the man already. James himself said the wrist is good.
WhKnuckle
8/14/2010 2:57pm
ST Anmore wrote:

WhKnuckle wrote:
ST Anmore wrote:
What like at A1? I mean Dungey led most of the race on his AMA 450 rookie ride, and challenged on the last couple laps! You...
What like at A1? I mean Dungey led most of the race on his AMA 450 rookie ride, and challenged on the last couple laps! You JS fans need to get out of that bubble and realise Dungey has improved since then, and that James went 24-0 because he didn't have a guy like RD to deal with, its JS 2005 all over again crying like a baby!
Stewart is the only human who ever challenged RC every race, race after race, and beat him sometimes. You obviously haven't seen him ride much. Even people who have been around racing for decades go out and watch James practice - they guy is just outrageously fast.

He was riding lousy today and he was able to go as fast as Dungey. That's not taking anything away from Dungey, he's terrific, and I'm actually a bigger fan of his than I am of James, but when James Stewart really turns it on and rides like he's capable of, there's nobody in the world that can ride like him.
JB 19
8/14/2010 3:00pm
Did I mention i'm not a LB fan..
Tell us how you really feel man. LOL ........I somewhat agree.
8/14/2010 3:04pm
um, maybe he reinjureed his wrist? any of you hating assclowns think of that? And 3rd place in moto 1 after 2 yrs of not racing outdoors is seen as a failure? thats what happens when your that fing good.
ST Anmore
8/14/2010 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2010 3:07pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
ST Anmore wrote:
What like at A1? I mean Dungey led most of the race on his AMA 450 rookie ride, and challenged on the last couple laps! You...
WhKnuckle wrote:
Stewart is the only human who ever challenged RC every race, race after race, and beat him sometimes. You obviously haven't seen him ride much. Even...
Stewart is the only human who ever challenged RC every race, race after race, and beat him sometimes. You obviously haven't seen him ride much. Even people who have been around racing for decades go out and watch James practice - they guy is just outrageously fast.

He was riding lousy today and he was able to go as fast as Dungey. That's not taking anything away from Dungey, he's terrific, and I'm actually a bigger fan of his than I am of James, but when James Stewart really turns it on and rides like he's capable of, there's nobody in the world that can ride like him.
Everts lapped RC in 1998 and 1999... RC raced till the end too unlike Bubba ever does! But what were you saying about the only human challenging RC?

Dungey has stepped up no doubt, JS needs to show some heart and continue racing the last Nationals to prove he was riding for the fans, but i wouldn't be suprised if some cover up non-sense about his wrist re-injured or something similar pops up! RD deserves so much respect, he comes across great, gives props to his competitors win or lose and never tries a cover up excuse that surrounds JS in every interview when he loses!

Your talking to me as if i haven't ever seen JS race or practice haha?
jeffro503
8/14/2010 3:07pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
ST Anmore wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
Stewart is the only human who ever challenged RC every race, race after race, and beat him sometimes. You obviously haven't seen him ride much. Even...

I think you may be living a little in the past. The pace has gotten a little faster than what it was a couple years ago.

AND......I also think you are forgetting something else. You are forgetting that Riders like RV , CP and TC are going to be running against James next year as well.

In SX.........YES , Stewart will be really tough to beat , but he would not be my pick for an SX championship next year. He'll have at least one bad race , and his dominant riding style is pretty much over with. The other 4 will most likely be more consistent as well.

In Outdoors.........I'm not using today as an example , but he will have to deal with all 4 of those guys out doors ( RD , RV , CP and TC ).........he wouldn't stand a chance in hell. Way to inconsistent to win any kind of an out door title again in his career.

This is why Stewarts length of his career , does NOT match up with championships very well. His consistency ( most seasons ) completely suck!

Post a reply to: James says UNCLE! He quits!

The Latest