James please come back.

Hut
10/10/2017 10:34am
2WheelsForTheMasses has it right imho. I've been spectating at pro races since the seventies and I've seen literally everybody ride that has ridden is the USA...
2WheelsForTheMasses has it right imho. I've been spectating at pro races since the seventies and I've seen literally everybody ride that has ridden is the USA over those years right up to the present day. There was nobody before him and nobody since with the raw speed, talent, and style of James Stewart in his prime. His days on a 125 were otherworldly.
I think most people with a fully functioning brain will agree with this...lol
tprice07
10/10/2017 11:19am
Hut wrote:
watching him through the whoops at Millville was insane. I can't even begin to imagine hitting anything that fast...
JB426
10/10/2017 3:25pm
2WheelsForTheMasses has it right imho. I've been spectating at pro races since the seventies and I've seen literally everybody ride that has ridden is the USA...
2WheelsForTheMasses has it right imho. I've been spectating at pro races since the seventies and I've seen literally everybody ride that has ridden is the USA over those years right up to the present day. There was nobody before him and nobody since with the raw speed, talent, and style of James Stewart in his prime. His days on a 125 were otherworldly.
I agree with this for sure.
greenmx5
10/10/2017 3:40pm
I was there at budds in 03 when he came from 40th to 1st on the 125. Nobody could believe it. And there was still a good bit of racing left when he took the lead. You wanted to cheer and were also staring in awe

The Shop

ruy
10/10/2017 4:15pm

OT
Fantasy
3031st
10/11/2017 1:48am
I found this comment interesting...

ruy
10/11/2017 2:25pm

RandyS
10/11/2017 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2017 8:13pm
Hut wrote:
Most people with a fully functioning brain will agree that nobody has ever gone as fast as James Stewart went 13 years ago on a 125? Wow.
mb60
10/11/2017 8:18pm
OT wrote:
I found this comment interesting... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/11/219326/s1200_IMG_4395.jpg[/img]
I found this comment interesting...

Now that would be amazing. Funny that Malcolm is awful quite these days also.
RandyS
10/11/2017 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2017 9:34pm
Hut wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Most people with a fully functioning brain will agree that nobody has ever gone as fast as James Stewart went 13 years ago on a 125...
Most people with a fully functioning brain will agree that nobody has ever gone as fast as James Stewart went 13 years ago on a 125? Wow.
Since I'm about to turn off the computer and may not be on tomorrow I'm going to offer my response to the replies to come.

James Stewart was a fucking awesome rider to watch, there was nobody who ever rode a 125 as well as he did. A 125, a bike that is now not competitive with even the best rider. On a 450 he showed flashes of brilliance, in the first few years he was next level when he didn't crash. He was riding so close to the edge the closer people got, the more he crashed. But it's approaching 10 years since he was a threat for anything but some wins, and almost five since he was anything more than a footnote. Raised the bar, the field caught up, time marches on, end of story.

Will he come back someday and be a threat? I think there are people who want to believe it, but he's just a human, a human who will be 32 years old when the gate drops at A1.
NorCal 50+
10/11/2017 9:14pm
James was the total package- ridiculously talented, media magnet, amazing story and one of the most marketable racers of all time. Hate to see him gone, but he has proven himself, to say the least.
I don't see Eli Tomac or ever the German pulling in the kind of attention to this sport that James did.
BS12
10/11/2017 9:19pm
Was watching the East Highlights from Bar to Bar 04 last night... Bubba was 27 seconds ahead at one point in the main at Pontiac I think it was. BlinkShocked
cali11
10/11/2017 10:04pm
Hut wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Most people with a fully functioning brain will agree that nobody has ever gone as fast as James Stewart went 13 years ago on a 125...
RandyS wrote:
Since I'm about to turn off the computer and may not be on tomorrow I'm going to offer my response to the replies to come. James...
Since I'm about to turn off the computer and may not be on tomorrow I'm going to offer my response to the replies to come.

James Stewart was a fucking awesome rider to watch, there was nobody who ever rode a 125 as well as he did. A 125, a bike that is now not competitive with even the best rider. On a 450 he showed flashes of brilliance, in the first few years he was next level when he didn't crash. He was riding so close to the edge the closer people got, the more he crashed. But it's approaching 10 years since he was a threat for anything but some wins, and almost five since he was anything more than a footnote. Raised the bar, the field caught up, time marches on, end of story.

Will he come back someday and be a threat? I think there are people who want to believe it, but he's just a human, a human who will be 32 years old when the gate drops at A1.
The dude won 5 or 6 races in 2014 & killed it at Toronto. 5 years since he was a footnote? 10 years since he won a title? WTF are you talking about?
TimR
10/12/2017 2:42am
Hut wrote:
RandyS wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Since I'm about to turn off the computer and may not be on tomorrow I'm going to offer my response to the replies to come. James...

And how old is the current world champ?

Age doesnt mean anything. However, James hasnt been riding and that means something im afraid...
ruy
10/12/2017 4:21am

Post a reply to: James please come back.

The Latest