James' answer when asked "what's the hardest obstacle on the track?"

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/20/2014 1:29pm
Zracer wrote:
Gimme a break, The hardest obstacle for JS is finding the checkered flag. In 35 years of watching mx, I've never seen anyone that just plain...
Gimme a break, The hardest obstacle for JS is finding the checkered flag. In 35 years of watching mx, I've never seen anyone that just plain quit so many races. He doesn't have to say its "too tough" for him to finish races. It 's pretty obvious.
But still has the 2nd most wins in history.
Zracer
7/20/2014 1:37pm
Outsider wrote:
X2 I understand that the training and discipline is a 24/7 thing for these guys, but really, they work weekends, maybe thurs-saturday at best, with some...
X2

I understand that the training and discipline is a 24/7 thing for these guys, but really, they work weekends, maybe thurs-saturday at best, with some "on call" commitments.

We all have to do some "work" in our off hours as well.
The Rock wrote:
+1

Not saying it isn't a challenge but most of us have to work.....and in most cases doing something that isn't as much fun as SX/MX.
rcm406 wrote:
And I'm sure your job is as taxing on the mind and body as theirs is!:dry: You guys are missing the point, what happens when their...
And I'm sure your job is as taxing on the mind and body as theirs is!Dry You guys are missing the point, what happens when their body won't allow them to do what they want to do? Yes, it's their choice and they get paid well, but all year training and racing is retiring these guys earlier in their careers than it ever has. There's a reason why the NFL is only 3 months long and UFC fighters fight maybe 2 times a year!
Guys have raced year round for a long time. After the season they would either do Goldenstate races, or come to Florida for the Winter Ams. Racers race somewhere. I also dont agree that they are retiring earlier now. You have any stats on that? 27 was getting pretty long in the tooth for pro mx for a long time and now you see alot of guys making it well into their 30s. Who are all these riders that you think raced pro into their 30s back in the day?
CR500Rider
7/20/2014 2:13pm
Remember 45 minute motos x3 on less than 7" of suspension. It's time to stop making excuses.
Outsider
7/20/2014 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2014 3:09pm
rcm406 wrote:
And I'm sure your job is as taxing on the mind and body as theirs is!:dry: You guys are missing the point, what happens when their...
And I'm sure your job is as taxing on the mind and body as theirs is!Dry You guys are missing the point, what happens when their body won't allow them to do what they want to do? Yes, it's their choice and they get paid well, but all year training and racing is retiring these guys earlier in their careers than it ever has. There's a reason why the NFL is only 3 months long and UFC fighters fight maybe 2 times a year!
I would say that, with the exception of the actual 1 hr a week they race, my job is much MORE taxing on the mind, AND the body than theirs is! My new phone has a pedometer on it and in 6 hours I took 6000 steps, many of which happened to be on a ladder!

I enjoy what I do, but my body isn't going to let me do it like this much longer, it's all relative!

The Shop

Big Lenny
7/20/2014 2:36pm
Zracer wrote:
Guys have raced year round for a long time. After the season they would either do Goldenstate races, or come to Florida for the Winter Ams...
Guys have raced year round for a long time. After the season they would either do Goldenstate races, or come to Florida for the Winter Ams. Racers race somewhere. I also dont agree that they are retiring earlier now. You have any stats on that? 27 was getting pretty long in the tooth for pro mx for a long time and now you see alot of guys making it well into their 30s. Who are all these riders that you think raced pro into their 30s back in the day?
How many Cships, #1 plates, or race wins do you have as a pro there Sparky?...just wondering...LaughingLaughing
enketchum
7/20/2014 3:03pm
rcm406 wrote:
He said "not really on the track, but recovery time between races and not getting sick is his biggest obstacle". Are these guys racing too much...
He said "not really on the track, but recovery time between races and not getting sick is his biggest obstacle". Are these guys racing too much? As much as I would love to watch racing every weekend year round, I feel it's too much for these guys. I wish they would race every other weekend and give these guys a little downtime between races. Oh well, that's JMO, I wonder how the racers feel?
Screw that, there's only a few that can't hang. Plus, this is the way its been forever. I'm a huge Stewart fan, but I'm completely over...
Screw that, there's only a few that can't hang. Plus, this is the way its been forever. I'm a huge Stewart fan, but I'm completely over him and all his mishaps. It use to bother me about 6 wrecks ago. The tide has turn. and Eli is here to stay. Find you a new favorite racer...Lol, just kidding.
The distractions on the side lines
Zracer
7/20/2014 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2014 4:12pm
Zracer wrote:
Guys have raced year round for a long time. After the season they would either do Goldenstate races, or come to Florida for the Winter Ams...
Big Lenny wrote:
How many Cships, #1 plates, or race wins do you have as a pro there Sparky?...just wondering...LaughingLaughing
Lol I have way more wins,Cships, and plates than you do Lenny. You talk alot of crap for somebody that has never had his fat ass at the gate. How many races you ever win? Yet you constantly open your mouth like a fly trap. For the record 181 wins in 623 races. 5 track cships.3 Gold cups Cships. 3 trips to LL . What you got?
088kawi
7/20/2014 4:27pm
The 39 others on the line aren't complaining and quitting. Maybe at the GEICO 15 minute mark they could stop the race for a fresh tampon and a shot of FDS, just to be fresh allover. Then maybe, just maybe the pussy could finish a race.
Big Lenny
7/20/2014 4:33pm
Zracer wrote:
Lol I have way more wins,Cships, and plates than you do Lenny. You talk alot of crap for somebody that has never had his fat ass...
Lol I have way more wins,Cships, and plates than you do Lenny. You talk alot of crap for somebody that has never had his fat ass at the gate. How many races you ever win? Yet you constantly open your mouth like a fly trap. For the record 181 wins in 623 races. 5 track cships.3 Gold cups Cships. 3 trips to LL . What you got?
Shit I got way more than that on the internet, and that's just in MX, I've lost count on my Flat track and RR wins and some Speedway....181 wins in 623 is pretty piss poor IMO...Yeah, who's the Pro?...Clown...Laughing
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/20/2014 4:39pm
088kawi wrote:
The 39 others on the line aren't complaining and quitting. Maybe at the GEICO 15 minute mark they could stop the race for a fresh tampon...
The 39 others on the line aren't complaining and quitting. Maybe at the GEICO 15 minute mark they could stop the race for a fresh tampon and a shot of FDS, just to be fresh allover. Then maybe, just maybe the pussy could finish a race.
How about stop being a coward and go to a race and tell him.
Big Lenny
7/20/2014 4:48pm
088kawi wrote:
The 39 others on the line aren't complaining and quitting. Maybe at the GEICO 15 minute mark they could stop the race for a fresh tampon...
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Man these internet racers kill me, so badass....Laughing
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/20/2014 4:50pm
088kawi wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
Man these internet racers kill me, so badass....Laughing
I genuinely feel sorry for them, but there is better ways to make themselves feel better.
rcm406
7/20/2014 4:56pm
088kawi wrote:
How do you know they're not complaining? And btw, James is not complaining or quiting, he was asked a question and he answered it.

Post a reply to: James' answer when asked "what's the hardest obstacle on the track?"

The Latest