James Stewart's GoPro video from St. Louis

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2013 8:23pm
|
3/5/2013 9:58am
hmm. I saw a red cross flag. And to me, JS was just being safe. RV gave no fucks. Could you imagine if rolls were switch. Holy shit.
Oh well. Cant wait for Daytona.
davidex400
3/5/2013 10:02am
whoa looks like stewart didnt roll every jump are we even now?
RedRum666
3/5/2013 10:02am
Man i love the GoPro footage.....

Well, it definatley gives you the Stewart perspective on the flag issue .... you see a big red cross and you take caution and it bit him in the ass I guess......A fan of both RV and Stewart, but definatley a cheeseball move on RV's part....RV had James covered I think and the "right" thing to do was wait until you are completely through the chaos of flags...oh well....DAYTONA
BD233
3/5/2013 10:05am
It's obvious RV's pass was illegal and RV was faster than Stewart. Next....

The Shop

davidex400
3/5/2013 10:05am
am i wrong but before the restart stewart jumped that double before a triple when the red luights were flashing... i thought you couldnt do that?
Frodad78
3/5/2013 10:06am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 10:07am
Any one notice James yelling "HEY" to Alessi as they came over the Wall?
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
3/5/2013 10:10am
The whole main looked like chaos! I'm winded just watching it. Villo is a fox. Never let your guard down when a fox is around.
IceMan446
3/5/2013 10:11am
davidex400 wrote:
am i wrong but before the restart stewart jumped that double before a triple when the red luights were flashing... i thought you couldnt do that?
You can jump all the jumps leading up to the triple, you just have to roll the triple and the jumps after if the flags are out.

Which he did.

And your boy Barcia is mad about THAT block pass from Stew??? Waaaahhhhhh
rcm406
3/5/2013 10:11am
My god, how the fuck did the AMA/FIM come to their conclusion? From teams, fans in the stands, fucking videos(plain as day) clearly shows a Red Cross flag! Plus u got a repeat offender! Yup, it's BS!
IceMan446
3/5/2013 10:12am
Pretty clear what the fuss was about.

Who ever protested had the grounds to do so after watching that.
IceMan446
3/5/2013 10:14am
And why did they line up to do a normal start after the red flag, then go into single file?

Seems they were following their own rules then changed their minds.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/5/2013 10:16am
davidex400 wrote:
whoa looks like stewart didnt roll every jump are we even now?
4. Red Flashing Light: A red flashing light may be displayed at the beginning of a triple jump or a series of jumps. Riders must roll each jump individually with no passing and exercise extreme caution until they are past the area of concern, this includes the sighting or cool down laps.

He was "past the area of concern"
lucero10x
3/5/2013 10:18am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 10:22am
At the very minimum RV robbed us of watching more of that battle. That's what I am most pissed about. Yeah, he was going to get James but it should have been interesting not a complete effing letdown when he snuck on the inside like a total bitch.
mtnr
3/5/2013 10:20am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 10:20am
Stewart passed before the redcross flag, RV passed before exiting the downed rider under a redcross directive. Should be points docked. Seems simple. Love watching these guys race. Fucking gnar.
TDeath21
3/5/2013 10:22am
Villopoto had Barcia gaining on him, so he gained on Stewart. When they came over the final jump of the triple, Villopoto stayed inside. Honestly if the red cross flag is out he can't be standing off the side of the track. He needs to be in the middle of the track, basically forcing it to be one lined. Also, I say you either hold the red cross flag or wave the yellow flag. Having both is way too confusing.
TDeath21
3/5/2013 10:25am
davidex400 wrote:
Another really confusing move for them to put red lights there. It's not illegal to jump the jump before the triple. It's just warning you what's coming up. Millsaps got passed by Dungey because he rolled this jump and Dungey didn't. Take these red lights out and only have red lights on jumps you can't jump is what I say. That would clear up the confusion.
Klutch
3/5/2013 10:25am
If I was him, I would of slowed right down when rolling, almost to a stop.

Here is a preview of stewarts gear for daytona

therealjonon
3/5/2013 10:26am
props to alessi (no pun) on letting james by where he did. he could of held them both up and made the end result worse than 7th with something like holding james up and letting others gain ground.

as far as the yellow and red goes for james and rv....i say rv passed james at the YELLOW FLAG point. AFTER the red crosses.. but im biased since we are friends.

the rules need to be a little more specific i feel like..
Hut
3/5/2013 10:26am
That Red Cross was big as day, nothing confusing about it.
flarider
3/5/2013 10:28am
Look at 4:30 and 4:31
RV was moving alongside, initiating the pass, prior to passing the incident or the yellow flag. Rulebook does not say "complete a pass" it says "no passing"....4:30 and 4:31 prove RV was, in fact, passing Stewart, but completed it within inches of what might be considered the legal line
jasonv43
3/5/2013 10:31am
The whole thing just sucks. Bring in DAYTONA!!!
joltonjay
3/5/2013 10:37am
Frodad78 wrote:
Any one notice James yelling "HEY" to Alessi as they came over the Wall?
It sounded like he yelled "Mike" and then Alessi looked over and seemed to let him by pretty easy. I would do the same if James let me ride at his house.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
3/5/2013 10:39am
Man look at Kiniry, didnt know he was up front at the start of the race.
davidex400
3/5/2013 10:40am
davidex400 wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
You can jump all the jumps leading up to the triple, you just have to roll the triple and the jumps after if the flags are...
You can jump all the jumps leading up to the triple, you just have to roll the triple and the jumps after if the flags are out.

Which he did.

And your boy Barcia is mad about THAT block pass from Stew??? Waaaahhhhhh
because i defended barcia in another thread hes my boy? great logic! what people seem to keep missing is the fact that he could have been cited for the so called illegal pass on stewart (which above me shows him getting by after BOTH flags) he still could of gotten off with a warning, per the rules. so let it go already!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
3/5/2013 10:57am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 10:59am
flarider wrote:
Look at 4:30 and 4:31 RV was moving alongside, initiating the pass, prior to passing the incident or the yellow flag. Rulebook does not say "complete...
RV was moving alongside, initiating the pass, prior to passing the incident or the yellow flag. Rulebook does not say "complete a pass" it says "no passing"....4:30 and 4:31 prove RV was, in fact, passing Stewart, but completed it within inches of what might be considered the legal line
That is the way I see it also...

I could even take it one step farther and say...
Completing means sticking your wheel in front(which would indeed mean victory at the finish and counts as a position forward/gaining a position,which defines pass in a sense). Definitely makes it more shady.
kongols
3/5/2013 11:00am
flarider wrote:
Look at 4:30 and 4:31 RV was moving alongside, initiating the pass, prior to passing the incident or the yellow flag. Rulebook does not say "complete...
FastEddy wrote:
That is the way I see it also... I could even take it one step farther and say... Completing means sticking your wheel in front(which would...

Completing means sticking your wheel in front(which would indeed mean victory at the finish and counts as a position forward/gaining a position,which defines pass in a sense). Definitely makes it more shady.
Give him a break, he was committed.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
3/5/2013 11:01am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 11:02am
flarider wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
That is the way I see it also... I could even take it one step farther and say... Completing means sticking your wheel in front(which would...

kongols wrote:
Give him a break, he was committed.
LOL indeed he was.... Smile
Committed to passing when he should have waited a bit longer IMO. hahaha
3/5/2013 11:02am
According "to the rule book" there is really only two questions / mistakes on the AMA ruling...

1. Less than three full laps by the leader (which means the leader crossed the finish line racing and beginning lap 4) it is to be a complete restart back at the starting gate. Clearly on James Go-Pro you can hear Erin Bates and the announcer say only on the 2nd lap and the rider's will go back to the starting gate. I know they are not the AMA but that "is the rule" and it should have been a complete re-start.

2. Again, according to the rule book! In the event of a staggered start... laps completed before the staggered start and laps completed after the staggered start will be viewed as one complete race just as a main event. Which means if you are going to dock a rider three positions for jumping on the "Red Cross Flag" it would be assed at the completion of the main event. They even told RV this and then RV was able to convince them to impose the penalty at the restart. You couldn't impose the penalty during a reg. main event and as the good book says "will be viewed as a complete main event" Which means they should have left RV in 2nd or 3rd (not sure where he was at the time) then make the ruling after the race.

The short version on the rule book (if you read the entire thing) is that the AMA Director has the authority to make any ruling he feels necessary from giving a warning to a years suspension and fine if he chooses. They could solve this issue very easy if they would just state the rules as.... If you jump on Red Cross "X" will happen.... and it will be imposed at the end of the competition.

Yellow Flag as it is today.... "Just like a red light when it turns yellow.. "Gas It" and look and see if anyone is coming.

Red Cross Flag.... Make up as much ground as you can while keeping your wheels on the ground and stay at least 2 inches back from passing the rider in front of you front tire!

Post a reply to: James Stewart's GoPro video from St. Louis

The Latest