James Stewart returns to pits injured after Anaheim 1 2013 supercross

rgcrane
1/6/2013 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2013 5:51pm
|
PFO186
1/6/2013 4:25pm
Oh shit, I'm no doctor but that doesn't look good. Very impressive that he rode the main like he did.
DownSouth
1/6/2013 4:29pm
I just gave Matthes' tweets a look.

@pulpmx Some texts & emails say that RV is fine, no injuries to speak of but peeps around JS7 r really worried about his knee, it's his "good" leg

@pulpmx And it seems that there could be serious damage, my source says 90% chance it's torn ACL so take that for what it's worth.

Between that vid and the "90% source" it does not look so good.
nytsmaC
1/6/2013 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 4:30pm
I just hope he doesn't have to miss a round, that would really take a lot of excitement away from the championship knowing he's out of it. Keeping my fingers crossed until next Saturday! Watching him kickstart the bike on the line for the main without wincing gave me some hope.

The Shop

TDeath21
1/6/2013 4:32pm
That didn't look good. Very impressive for him to salvage points. I hope it was just a slight injury that won't hinder him much longer.
Sandberm
1/6/2013 4:36pm
How demoralizing for James. All the work put in on the bike he feels comfortable on and one dab of the foot and he might be looking at a season ending injury. Yeah, he can probably keep riding but he wont be able to train properly. So bummed for him, and us fans.

Anybody who thinks you can play at the top level with a knee injury should have watched RGIII this afternoon
jmar
1/6/2013 4:54pm
Sandberm wrote:
How demoralizing for James. All the work put in on the bike he feels comfortable on and one dab of the foot and he might be...
How demoralizing for James. All the work put in on the bike he feels comfortable on and one dab of the foot and he might be looking at a season ending injury. Yeah, he can probably keep riding but he wont be able to train properly. So bummed for him, and us fans.

Anybody who thinks you can play at the top level with a knee injury should have watched RGIII this afternoon
I have to say. There are a lot of riders that ride with torn ACLs. The deal is, no one seems to care if they aren't a top guy.

Ask JT Money about riding out a season with a torn ACL.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
1/6/2013 4:58pm
it was all script
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
jmar wrote:
I have to say. There are a lot of riders that ride with torn ACLs. The deal is, no one seems to care if they aren't...
I have to say. There are a lot of riders that ride with torn ACLs. The deal is, no one seems to care if they aren't a top guy.

I have tried it. I don't see how anyone could. Partial tear? Maybe. Complete? No way. It's only a matter of time until you take a hit that has you bailing and writhing in pain on the ground. Worst pain ever.
jmar
Sandberm wrote:
How demoralizing for James. All the work put in on the bike he feels comfortable on and one dab of the foot and he might be...

BTW: Why didn't RGIII have a knee brace on today. It would have stabilized his lateral movement when it gave out on the fumble?
1/6/2013 5:01pm
jmar wrote:
BTW: Why didn't RGIII have a knee brace on today. It would have stabilized his lateral movement when it gave out on the fumble?
He had the brace on the whole game.
jmar
1/6/2013 5:02pm
jmar wrote:
I have to say. There are a lot of riders that ride with torn ACLs. The deal is, no one seems to care if they aren't...

I have tried it. I don't see how anyone could. Partial tear? Maybe. Complete? No way. It's only a matter of time until you take a...
I have tried it. I don't see how anyone could. Partial tear? Maybe. Complete? No way. It's only a matter of time until you take a hit that has you bailing and writhing in pain on the ground. Worst pain ever.
Lot's of riders at this level have finished out a season with a torn ACL.

My son did it for two separate seasons.
jmar
1/6/2013 5:04pm
jmar wrote:
He had the brace on the whole game.
I didn't see a brace. I saw a support but not a brace.
jtomasik
1/6/2013 5:06pm
jmar wrote:

Friggin scary. I had the option to repair the ACL (replace) or forgo it and hope my knee didn't pop out again and incur more meniscus damage.
1/6/2013 5:07pm
jmar wrote:
Yeah it was a brace it was the same one he's been wearing for a few weeks now
SunComfort
1/6/2013 5:08pm
Had It been a torn ACL or meniscus, i highly doubt he would be
just standing around the bike, and i would guess he would be limping
way more than that. I hope!
I know i have tweaked both knees on diff occasions and the hurt isnt
a low sensation ouchie. Shit hurts and will make you feel like your
shit is torn.
jmar
1/6/2013 5:09pm
jmar wrote:

jtomasik wrote:
Friggin scary. I had the option to repair the ACL (replace) or forgo it and hope my knee didn't pop out again and incur more meniscus...
Friggin scary. I had the option to repair the ACL (replace) or forgo it and hope my knee didn't pop out again and incur more meniscus damage.
It is scary. But when you are fighting for a ride every year, your options are limited.
jmar
1/6/2013 5:11pm
jmar wrote:
Yeah it was a brace it was the same one he's been wearing for a few weeks now
All I can say that it wasn't a good brace. When the center jacked up that snap, RGIIIs knee clearly gave way to a lateral movement.
CR250Rider
1/6/2013 5:12pm
poor guy walks like he's 80 years old

this sport is brutal
Indy mxer
1/6/2013 5:22pm
Doesn't sound good. I hope he comes out ok.
JS7 definitely adds to the excitement.

I was hoping all the riders could at least stay healthy for a couple rounds.
Man this sport can be meat grinder.
1/6/2013 5:23pm
Ehh??? I donk know....? Based on all the drama that surrounds JS7 EVERY SEASON Im not totally buying what james is selling. He kicks the bike 3 times to start it before the main but can barely stand and needs help to the truck when he gets off the bike??all stiff leged like its in a cast?
Not to mention riding all off season and never even baking a nail? but............. on the very last lap of practice ............before the racing starts for the season..............??? Ya ok!
But i guess only JS7 really knows.
Frank
1/6/2013 5:28pm
That sucks. The season just started and Seven could be out for the year. But that's motocross and that's why the brinks trucks show up every week at his house.
newmann
1/6/2013 5:40pm
Bubba's World did suck pretty bad, but maybe he learned a little about acting. RC, Ralph and Fro need some acting lessons because they sure looked all bamboozled when "the announcement" was made. I feel sorry for the team though, lots of "preperating" for just one rider. Was hoping for Stewie to mix it up for the year, maybe he still will.

About a torn ACL, I had one of those. Had to wait a week or so for the swelling to go down for surgery. I went back to work for that week and by the end of the week I was feeling good and walking okay. Almost thought about not having it operated on. But that occasional step where the knee would start to buckle backwards.....Sick
jmar
1/6/2013 5:51pm
newmann wrote:
Bubba's World did suck pretty bad, but maybe he learned a little about acting. RC, Ralph and Fro need some acting lessons because they sure looked...
Bubba's World did suck pretty bad, but maybe he learned a little about acting. RC, Ralph and Fro need some acting lessons because they sure looked all bamboozled when "the announcement" was made. I feel sorry for the team though, lots of "preperating" for just one rider. Was hoping for Stewie to mix it up for the year, maybe he still will.

About a torn ACL, I had one of those. Had to wait a week or so for the swelling to go down for surgery. I went back to work for that week and by the end of the week I was feeling good and walking okay. Almost thought about not having it operated on. But that occasional step where the knee would start to buckle backwards.....Sick
The knee braces keep things stable when riding. At times it can be a real bitch though when the brace isn't being worn.

It's not a ggod thing, but others have made it through a season with a torn ACL.
Sully
1/6/2013 5:54pm
Just looking at the way both RV and Reed hobbled off the track last year when they tore their ACLs, I would have to say James doesn't have the same thing. The other 2 guys couldn't even put pressure on theirs while walking, but James put full body weight on his stepping into the truck. I'm not saying he's faking it, but I doubt it's a torn ACL (or I hope any way).
malachi177
1/6/2013 5:56pm
I've come to not mind JS7 this past year. Really bummed that he's got a buggered knee. Riding on cruise control and getting 8th place while people are riding all out to make top 10Blink Kudos to him for gutting it out. I can't believe how TOUGH these guys are. Like last year when RD5 was rode one round with a broken collarbone. I broke my collarbone in two places back in June of '10, I was off a bike until Oct. There was no way in hell I could have ridden. I could have gotten surgery and a plate/screws but I let it heal on it's own. Have a nice huge lump to show for it.
Markout
1/6/2013 6:06pm
Even if your not a JS7 fan you have to admire his toughness, and to be able to finish 8th with any kind of knee injury shows just how good he really is. I hope he's not out, he adds a lot of excitement to the field.
Frank
1/6/2013 6:12pm
Many, many riders raced for years without acl's. Jeremy McGrath was one of them and he did pretty good.

Post a reply to: James Stewart returns to pits injured after Anaheim 1 2013 supercross

The Latest