James Stewart: How do you think this plays out?

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 4/15/2015 10:24am
Yep, the appeal is done, and we should have an answer by the 15th. In talking with some folks this weekend, apparently one thing that the FIM was really unhappy about was that James kept racing after they handed down the provisional suspension, and that they found it "disrespectful," even though there was nothing in the rules that would have prevented him from continuing to race.

It also sounds like all the other hurdles have been cleared, and that there's now a mechanism now to allow for a retroactive TUE.

|
CR250Rider
4/12/2015 10:40pm
Hopefully we see him out there racing VERY SOON.

Are there guidelines for disrespectful behavior? lol
Grizz
4/12/2015 10:42pm
Damn, I've never read anything about the FIM that made me think, "I really like them and what they're doing."
JM485
4/12/2015 10:46pm
Seems a little unprofessional to base a major decision off of a few people being butt hurt, but maybe it's just me.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/12/2015 10:47pm
GuyB wrote:
Yep, the appeal is done, and we should have an answer by the 15th. In talking with some folks this weekend, apparently one thing that the...
Yep, the appeal is done, and we should have an answer by the 15th. In talking with some folks this weekend, apparently one thing that the FIM was really unhappy about was that James kept racing after they handed down the provisional suspension, and that they found it "disrespectful," even though there was nothing in the rules that would have prevented him from continuing to race.

It also sounds like all the other hurdles have been cleared, and that there's now a mechanism now to allow for a retroactive TUE.

it will be interesting, since the CAS court was the one that handed Ant West the big ban after FIM handed out a small one which lead to the big suspension for James,

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/12/2015 10:57pm
I think we will see him in August.
Rotaholic
4/12/2015 11:07pm
As long as he is on the gate at Washougal round 8, cause im flying out from New Zealand to see him. Actually he will probably be out injured by round 8 if he gets the all clear
bvm111
4/12/2015 11:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 11:21pm
Oh boo friggity hoo FIM!

Edit: I do not have any faith in the system regarding all of this Wanda/usada kangaroo court stuff... I think he is out until August but hope we see him at the first round!
zehn
4/12/2015 11:25pm
I expect to see JS7 line up for Hangtown on May 16th.
Dx3moto
4/12/2015 11:31pm
JM485 wrote:
Seems a little unprofessional to base a major decision off of a few people being butt hurt, but maybe it's just me.
This.
Xeno
4/12/2015 11:35pm
Why was John Gallagher wearing an AMA shirt on the podium at Houston? I thought he works for the FIM?
jeffro503
4/12/2015 11:44pm
JM485 wrote:
Dx3moto wrote:
This.
This again. They should not be using anyone's personal feelings in the matter , just the same as what a real court room should do. Follow the evidence , or lack of evidence and go with guilty or non-guilty. I'm with the other guys that said " I hope we see James at Hangtown! ". Lets get this thing over with , either good or bad.
kongols
4/12/2015 11:55pm
I hope he sues the shit out of FIM for this whole fiasco.
agn5009
4/13/2015 12:16am
kongols wrote:
I want James out there as much as anyone but sue them for what? They have established guidelines that they follow. This isn't a witch hunt like some believe.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
4/13/2015 12:43am
GuyB wrote:
Yep, the appeal is done, and we should have an answer by the 15th. In talking with some folks this weekend, apparently one thing that the...

As long as they follow their own rules and precedents, it shouldn't matter if he did something disrecpectful
kiwifan
4/13/2015 1:03am
kongols wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I want James out there as much as anyone but sue them for what? They have established guidelines that they follow. This isn't a witch hunt...
I want James out there as much as anyone but sue them for what? They have established guidelines that they follow. This isn't a witch hunt like some believe.
this!
FIREfish148
4/13/2015 1:30am
The inconvenience of the whole thing is to blame really. What was he supposed to say? "Hey guys I know we budgeted for the whole summer already, but I think there's a pretty good chance I shouldn't race."? Then he whole team Suzuki is left out to dry for the summer? I have a feeling James would have been more willing to just sit out if they had Bagget on the team during the summer. The guy is/was under contract to race, it's time to let him.

This is two seasons of competition that he has missed out on because he didn't file his TUE. C'mon FIM throw the kid a bone.
kongols
4/13/2015 1:53am
kongols wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I want James out there as much as anyone but sue them for what? They have established guidelines that they follow. This isn't a witch hunt...
The whole process was handled very poorly to say the least.
jamma10
4/13/2015 2:21am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2015 2:30am
kongols wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
kongols wrote:
I'd like to know why James' Physician didn't highlight the potential risks involved when prescribing Adderall in the first place!

Presumably they knew that they were prescribing a particularly controversial, amphetemine based medication to a high profile sports star worth millions of dollars?

Im also intrigued to know why a keen sports fan - which James is - could have ignored the growing number of scandals involving Adderall in the NFL and Baseball and not have the foresight to approach the FIM, AMA or Feld to confirm that his own usage was permitted.
ChrisB10
4/13/2015 2:38am
i feel like we wont know by the 15th. This will drag on again
robkinuk
4/13/2015 2:41am
kongols wrote:
Sue them for what?

Finding him a cheat for not abiding by the sports drugs policy and not filing the correct paperwork?

Picking on him, because he's a black athlete in a mainly white man's sport?

Singling him out cos he does the best scrubs?

Seriously Kongols, your statement has to be the stupidest I've read on Vital for ages!WinkTongue
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
4/13/2015 2:55am
agn5009 wrote:
kongols wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
I'd like to know why James' Physician didn't highlight the potential risks involved when prescribing Adderall in the first place! Presumably they knew that they were...
I'd like to know why James' Physician didn't highlight the potential risks involved when prescribing Adderall in the first place!

Presumably they knew that they were prescribing a particularly controversial, amphetemine based medication to a high profile sports star worth millions of dollars?

Im also intrigued to know why a keen sports fan - which James is - could have ignored the growing number of scandals involving Adderall in the NFL and Baseball and not have the foresight to approach the FIM, AMA or Feld to confirm that his own usage was permitted.
James said his team knew nothing about a TUE. He was prescribed adderall and told them he was using it, thinking that was enough on Steve's podcast last week. I would have more questions on how this was handled on the other side. I'm no expert, but the NFL, NBA, Baseball etc... are not under the WADA deal and its book of codes, so its believable a high end sports doctor prescribing adderall to James would not know to say "now James, you need to go fill out your TUE ok?".

But to the original question. I have no faith in this operation, I think his penalty will stand. I think time has been served and everyone in the sport has got the message at James Stewart's expense. So I "hope" the CAS takes that in consideration and he is on the line at Hangtown.
mehow2g
4/13/2015 3:28am
Wait a second the FIM is pissed because he continued racing? it is not up to the organisation of the sport that has signed up to WADA to decide whether he can ride or not during the investigation? if a rider/athlete has the OK to ride/compete he/she will do so.

In Australia a football team was under investigation for 2 years and they continued and did not miss a game.

I fail to see how it's James fault here for continuing to ride.
jamma10
4/13/2015 3:44am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2015 4:15am
kongols wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
I'd like to know why James' Physician didn't highlight the potential risks involved when prescribing Adderall in the first place! Presumably they knew that they were...

Markee wrote:
James said his team knew nothing about a TUE. He was prescribed adderall and told them he was using it, thinking that was enough on Steve's...
James said his team knew nothing about a TUE. He was prescribed adderall and told them he was using it, thinking that was enough on Steve's podcast last week. I would have more questions on how this was handled on the other side. I'm no expert, but the NFL, NBA, Baseball etc... are not under the WADA deal and its book of codes, so its believable a high end sports doctor prescribing adderall to James would not know to say "now James, you need to go fill out your TUE ok?".

But to the original question. I have no faith in this operation, I think his penalty will stand. I think time has been served and everyone in the sport has got the message at James Stewart's expense. So I "hope" the CAS takes that in consideration and he is on the line at Hangtown.
Actually nevermind.

I have my own theory about what might have happened but dont want to get into a big discussion about it all over again, I wasted too much of my life talking about it last time Smile

Bottom line is I hope Stewart is able to race outdoors.
IWreckALot
4/13/2015 4:42am
jamma10 wrote:

Markee wrote:
James said his team knew nothing about a TUE. He was prescribed adderall and told them he was using it, thinking that was enough on Steve's...

jamma10 wrote:
Actually nevermind. I have my own theory about what might have happened but dont want to get into a big discussion about it all over again...
Actually nevermind.

I have my own theory about what might have happened but dont want to get into a big discussion about it all over again, I wasted too much of my life talking about it last time Smile

Bottom line is I hope Stewart is able to race outdoors.
It's so easy to get sucked back into that same old argument. I think we could all argue till we're blue in the face.

I hope we see him on the line in the outdoors also!
FB
4/13/2015 4:58am
Ask rick M, he has inside info...
logan_140
4/13/2015 5:01am
It was disrespectful for them to handle the situation the way that they did..
logan_140
4/13/2015 5:07am
ChrisB10 wrote:
i feel like we wont know by the 15th. This will drag on again
Exactly... They handled the situation so poorly
Xracerdone
4/13/2015 5:13am
As much as i like James I have no sympathy here. Anyone with a job that does randomS knows prescriptions for ADD or barbiuates will trigger a positive and you better have had your script into HR prior and they wont accept a retroactive script.. which is why so many call bullshit, don't tell me his team didn't know this

Post a reply to: James Stewart: How do you think this plays out?

The Latest