Is James thinking....."I'm over it" ?

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 2/1/2016 6:33pm
I was excited to see James back on the track tonight. He needed a fresh start and me personally , I was hoping for a solid 4-8th place type finish....something to build on. I know nerves , butterflies , jitters , whatever would probably plaque him tonight , but I wanted to see him just get a solid ride in.

I may get bashed for saying this , but when he pulled off , it looked like he was thinking what my thread title says " I'm over it ". I don't have any idea what could be the cause of it , either still suffering from the concussion , body issues with the wreck itself , I'm not sure...but I have to say it kind of put a knot in my stomach just watching the way he pulled off the track.

It's no secret the guy has added some pounds over the past few months , on top of his wreck at A1 , The Vegas race , suspension for 1.5yrs and then A1 on top of it......to me it looks like he's had enough.

I hope I'm 100% wrong on this , but I just had this feeling like he just doesn't have the drive he once had. Burnt out? Accumulation from all the injuries , too much time off...I don't know. But it was truly sad to see the way he pulled off tonight.

I was ( still am ) a huge James / 125 supporter , and then fell off the band wagon for a few years for other reasons , but these past two years or so....I've wanted him to do really well and come back strong. I'm probably a bigger fan of James now than his 125 days because he's considered a Vet rider out there. I always cheer for the Vet guys to do well!

Right now , and the way things have happened over these past few months , looks to me like he's had enough.

Again , I hope I'm wrong. But the added weight , lack of endurance ( Thinking this might be true because of the extra body weight ) and so forth over these past few months , tells me something is up. Whatever is happening , I hope he figures it out and we get to see at least one more season with some strong rides. I really , really hope we do not see him go out like this.
|
shuggs
1/31/2016 2:35am
It is sad to see, don't think they will ever say what the problem is!!! If it is something to do with head injuries (and others) hope he sees a good doc and gets it figured out for the rest of his life.

Now if he does heal up and comes back on a mission who would not like to see that .....
fidiot
1/31/2016 4:01am
Very disappointing. I will not be surprised if he retires.

The Shop

Twist1
1/31/2016 4:31am
Maybe all the shit lately hit him like a freight train last night. Not being up to racing hard just drove the last nail. Maybe it will allow himself a real fresh start, and he can build a new JS7 program.
I hope so.
Grizz
1/31/2016 5:34am
It's gotta be so mentally tough on him. If he doesn't win everyone says, "what's wrong with James!?" Because we all know his potential.

RACERX69
1/31/2016 5:38am
I think James is done and has been for awhile. Injuries and father time have caught and passed him. For those who think he's still a championship contender are in for a big let down. I hope he's not being forced to race out of need fir money. Always seemed he had lots of overhead. Just hope he's saved up some $$ along the way.
kx254f
1/31/2016 6:12am
jeffro503 wrote:
I was excited to see James back on the track tonight. He needed a fresh start and me personally , I was hoping for a solid...
I was excited to see James back on the track tonight. He needed a fresh start and me personally , I was hoping for a solid 4-8th place type finish....something to build on. I know nerves , butterflies , jitters , whatever would probably plaque him tonight , but I wanted to see him just get a solid ride in.

I may get bashed for saying this , but when he pulled off , it looked like he was thinking what my thread title says " I'm over it ". I don't have any idea what could be the cause of it , either still suffering from the concussion , body issues with the wreck itself , I'm not sure...but I have to say it kind of put a knot in my stomach just watching the way he pulled off the track.

It's no secret the guy has added some pounds over the past few months , on top of his wreck at A1 , The Vegas race , suspension for 1.5yrs and then A1 on top of it......to me it looks like he's had enough.

I hope I'm 100% wrong on this , but I just had this feeling like he just doesn't have the drive he once had. Burnt out? Accumulation from all the injuries , too much time off...I don't know. But it was truly sad to see the way he pulled off tonight.

I was ( still am ) a huge James / 125 supporter , and then fell off the band wagon for a few years for other reasons , but these past two years or so....I've wanted him to do really well and come back strong. I'm probably a bigger fan of James now than his 125 days because he's considered a Vet rider out there. I always cheer for the Vet guys to do well!

Right now , and the way things have happened over these past few months , looks to me like he's had enough.

Again , I hope I'm wrong. But the added weight , lack of endurance ( Thinking this might be true because of the extra body weight ) and so forth over these past few months , tells me something is up. Whatever is happening , I hope he figures it out and we get to see at least one more season with some strong rides. I really , really hope we do not see him go out like this.
It really is disappointing to see him "quit" the race when everyone knows he just needs to finish some mains and build week to week. Tough to say what he's going through but I have a theory with all of this "added weight" talk. I feel if James is over anything, he's over the training suffering that the top guys put themselves through to get to the top spot. RV retired early for a couple reasons but a big one was the toll of the job with training/suffering. I just don't think he puts the work in that the other hungry riders do to comfortably attack and be aggressive on the track. He does look like he has thickened out and if his diet and training regiment was similar to what he did with Aldon a few years back, he would be much leaner and ready to run the top race pace. But either way, I'm thinking swallowing his pride and finishing races should be the first goal. it's a touchy subject but this is where my minds leads.
philG
1/31/2016 6:17am
He is done.. As I said at the time,you can only come back so many times.

It's a shame, but it's reality.
1/31/2016 6:23am
With a ego like james has, i imagine its hard to see others passing you and pulling away. Ego is not all a bad thing. Its just can be hard to overcome at that level.
kkawboy14
1/31/2016 7:08am
Man it definetly looked like he was saying that was all I got!
Schipwreck
1/31/2016 7:16am
Id bet money he's got blurred vision..and nothing to do with being over it.
Alex814
1/31/2016 7:27am
I was thinking he probably had the concussion symptoms come back once he got into the middle of the race and the heart rate was way up. May have reached the point that he wasn't able to test during the week at home. I don't know if James would be "over it" halfway through his first main event of the season... Let's hope.
Tumblin
1/31/2016 7:31am
Schipwreck wrote:
This. Seriously, he spent the last year on the couch and play riding. Of course he has lost something and needs to be out there to get it back. But he rang his bell on the first lap of competition and there's no doubt he's had little time to prepare since for last night.
I'm old, but so is Chad and James for professional moto. The one thing I know about age and moto is it takes waay more effort and risk to compete then most can muster. From an off season to a concussion, its damn near impossible to attain leader speed. James is not a follower, so he needs to get it right in his head and his body. Wins can still come to him, but I'm afraid he just will not be durable enough for championships again.
Tumblin
1/31/2016 7:37am
Again I was on the edge of my seat when he would drop that front end through the whoops and rhythm section. He looked "choppy" in his turns without the flow we know he has, it looks like set up and timing are both needing his seat time.
51xc
1/31/2016 7:56am
there is no way james is retiring like that. no way.
he may be done for sx this year but as long as he can not race to his full potential and see what he can do, no way he will give up that easy. if he comes back 100% some time and is not able to win abymore, well that is one thing, but giving up when you are on the lowest of lows in your career, i can not see that what so ever.
kkawboy14
1/31/2016 8:07am
51xc wrote:
there is no way james is retiring like that. no way. he may be done for sx this year but as long as he can not...
there is no way james is retiring like that. no way.
he may be done for sx this year but as long as he can not race to his full potential and see what he can do, no way he will give up that easy. if he comes back 100% some time and is not able to win abymore, well that is one thing, but giving up when you are on the lowest of lows in your career, i can not see that what so ever.
With brain injuries he may never be 100% again!
jeffro503
1/31/2016 8:14am
Man i still can't post to this thread on my computer and am having to do it with my phone. Has something to do with the two extra blue tweet buttons on the bottom of this page.

Anyways.....good to hear some of your thoughts on this you guys. Hopefully whatever it is that's bugging him gets ironed out. I'm leaning towards a mental and physical combination of some type. He showed some serious frustration and i feel bad for the dude. I'd like to think maybe it was the lingering concussion only thing....but that doesn't account for the lack of fitness and what's happened at the previous races these past few months before the concussion.

The dude doesn't lack heart at all....so i hope he gets this figured out.
Calihusky
1/31/2016 8:28am
I think there's 2 things going on with James. He definitely came into the season rusty having not raced for over a year but last night appeared to be due to the concussion from A1. I'm surprised he tried to come back the next week and race. He is probably anxious to get back out there thinking that JS7 at 80% can still be on top but not this year. Look at RJ Hampshire after straight rhythm. He's probably doing the right thing by taking supercross off and just healing after his major concussion.
sixo
1/31/2016 8:30am
I would have to speculate there's a vision issue from the concussion that gets worse later in the day
Chu
1/31/2016 8:58am
Lifelong stewart fan here..
Im worried its over.
philG
1/31/2016 9:05am
sixo wrote:
I would have to speculate there's a vision issue from the concussion that gets worse later in the day
From experience I can tell you that he will be thinking he is watching the race on a go pro.. As the race goes on, there will be a delay between what he sees and what he feels. Like a badly dubbed film, and you can't race like that.
JB 19
1/31/2016 9:08am
Quotations generally mean that's what the person actually said. I don't think it's fair to quote the guy on something he didn't say.
Mini Elsinore
1/31/2016 9:49am
I hope James gets it together, but a third or fourth vacation home can reduce the size of the chip on one's shoulder. It suddenly isn't necessary to be the baddest of the badasses in your business---as long as you can still fly private and do holidays in Jackson Hole.... Hell, I just described half of the old fuckers in Newport Beach....
40Plus_922mx
1/31/2016 9:51am
After he pulled off he was super pissed. He ripped his goggles off and threw them down. Then he was yelling inside his helmet. So he is not "over it". He is still wanting to race bad. Something is keeping it from happening. Concussion symtoms/ fitness etc. We will never know.
jeffro503
1/31/2016 10:01am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2016 2:56pm
After he pulled off he was super pissed. He ripped his goggles off and threw them down. Then he was yelling inside his helmet. So he...
After he pulled off he was super pissed. He ripped his goggles off and threw them down. Then he was yelling inside his helmet. So he is not "over it". He is still wanting to race bad. Something is keeping it from happening. Concussion symtoms/ fitness etc. We will never know.
Point taken and understood. I changed the title to the thread. More my thoughts.....not his. I can't speak for James , it was just an observation. My bad.
davistld01
1/31/2016 10:34am
Tumblin wrote:
Again I was on the edge of my seat when he would drop that front end through the whoops and rhythm section. He looked "choppy" in...
Again I was on the edge of my seat when he would drop that front end through the whoops and rhythm section. He looked "choppy" in his turns without the flow we know he has, it looks like set up and timing are both needing his seat time.
I too was just waiting for him to drop the front end. Someone tweeted that he had new KYB forks & settings, and said he really liked it...but he sure didn't look dialed in at all, even in the heat race.

And, he looked totally pissed & frustrated pulling off. I am agreeing that he might have gotten blurred vision, dizziness, or some other lingering concussion-related stuff that only manifested later in a race than it did in the short heat he led for so long. And, with his ADD & medication being taken for that...it may be amplifying the symptoms. Hell, I dunno.

I'm a huge fan...and I'd hate to think it might be over. But...
TeamGreen
1/31/2016 10:36am
Schipwreck wrote:
Recovering Concussed Athlete
ChrisB10
1/31/2016 10:58am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2016 10:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
I was excited to see James back on the track tonight. He needed a fresh start and me personally , I was hoping for a solid...

I thought his bike looked horrible all night. His front end is way too stiff. We all know he likes it like that but I think it really hurt him. A couple of times he almost ate it. I think it was more the bike being off and not wanting to crash which is why he punched the air in frustration before going in the tunnel than it is more of a 'he's out of shape after ten laps' issue.

Post a reply to: Is James thinking....."I'm over it" ?

The Latest