Jake Weimer talking about key board warriors.

lucero10x
10/7/2009 12:02pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I think that is exactly what the riders are talking about. Unsure
No shit? thanks captain obvious. lol
JW381
10/7/2009 12:57pm
Bahaha this was something I posted on here as a joke a few days ago:

"I am the keyboard warrior. I travel across the worldwide web, fighting evil, and promoting good and prosperity. My adventures are ongoing and each day brings a new challenge that tests me in new ways. Whether it be a broken key in home row, or a laggy connection from the McDonalds WiFi, no obstacle is too large for the keyboard warrior. If there is danger, I am only one tweet away. Surf with confidence my friend, for the Keyboard Warrior is always watching over you."
RandyS
10/7/2009 1:09pm
I was actually hoping Australia would win, I'm a fan of all 3 Australian riders and I think it would have been huge for their MX scene. In turn, good for Reeds series, which is good for US riders going over there. I wasn't rooting against us but sorry if the truth hurts, it was USAs B team. The only A rider on there was Dungey who would have been there in a perfect world on a 250 along with RV and Alessi. Maybe JW will win the outdoors next year and he can go as an A rider. I'm glad USA won since Australia couldn't, USA always seems to have good luck when we don't have the dominant team, the cards fell in place and the riders delivered. Congratulations team USA. You were asked to go and you represented us well.
DanDunes818
10/7/2009 1:18pm
JW381 wrote:
Bahaha this was something I posted on here as a joke a few days ago: "I am the keyboard warrior. I travel across the worldwide web...
Bahaha this was something I posted on here as a joke a few days ago:

"I am the keyboard warrior. I travel across the worldwide web, fighting evil, and promoting good and prosperity. My adventures are ongoing and each day brings a new challenge that tests me in new ways. Whether it be a broken key in home row, or a laggy connection from the McDonalds WiFi, no obstacle is too large for the keyboard warrior. If there is danger, I am only one tweet away. Surf with confidence my friend, for the Keyboard Warrior is always watching over you."
Good stuff JW..

The Shop

txmxer
10/7/2009 1:18pm
Grendel wrote:
I believe I may have been involved the origins of this "b team" nonsense: [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Team-USA-Video,640881]http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Team-USA-Video,640881[/url] It was meant as an insignificant and humorous aside that was...
I believe I may have been involved the origins of this "b team" nonsense:

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Team-USA-Video,640881

It was meant as an insignificant and humorous aside that was obviously incorrect. No disrespect was intended, Jake Whiner. Congratulations on the win.
you think much to much of yourself...the B team was a much longer debate by our dearly departed Mormon friend. But, you do win the prize for narcissism...

noob
10/7/2009 1:26pm
Dearly departed Mormon friend?? Did Titan die?
Grendel
10/7/2009 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2009 1:34pm
I don't have to be an attention whore with generous chaps like txmxer dedicating threads to me.

I'd also bet that Titan's debate took place after my comment.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
10/7/2009 1:46pm
I think the "B-Team" label is understandable, if unflattering, given the number of top-tier guys that were not available to participate, for whatever reason. I also think the term has its roots in some of the prior years' flame wars when many an ugly American was found on here taunting the Euros with "We could beat your asses with our B TEAM! The Loretta's B-class could take down the trophy!" yada, yada.

At the end of the day, I think it's importance has been completely overblown. And rendered obsolete by the results. As a rider, I'd be pissed, too, if someone labeled me that way, but I'd probably understand where it came from. And my reaction would be, "I got you're 'B-Team' hanging right here!" and go out and prove em wrong.

And that's just what they did.

On the other hand, not putting your faith and pride in whomever you do send is completely classless.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
10/7/2009 1:48pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I think that is exactly what the riders are talking about. Unsure
lucero10x wrote:
No shit? thanks captain obvious. lol
I was just surprised you were admitting to it. But hey good for you. Smile
txmxer
10/7/2009 1:54pm
Grendel wrote:
I don't have to be an attention whore with generous chaps like txmxer dedicating threads to me. I'd also bet that Titan's debate took place after...
I don't have to be an attention whore with generous chaps like txmxer dedicating threads to me.

I'd also bet that Titan's debate took place after my comment.
you are welcome to dig it out...I think you will find you are wrong.
txmxer
10/7/2009 1:55pm
noob wrote:
Dearly departed Mormon friend?? Did Titan die?
I'm assuming clicked...kind of a internet death.
swizcore
10/7/2009 2:09pm
tx, good call on the narcissism.
Ozy
10/7/2009 2:22pm
Here is something to think about this years TEAM USA MXdN results - out of the 6 moto's run, 5 resulted in top 10 finishes for USA

THAT IS GETTING IT DONE!
Grendel
10/7/2009 2:24pm
txmxer wrote:
I'll take that as a "yes".
txmxer
10/7/2009 2:27pm
txmxer wrote:
Grendel wrote:
I'll take that as a "yes".
take it how you want to...front/rear...doesn't matter to me. The A/B/C team started long before September.

Was there a bet you wanted to place?
Grendel
10/7/2009 2:34pm
No, I'm not giving you any money.

Just post a link to Titan's thread like a good little boy or hush up.
Farva
10/7/2009 2:38pm
Grendel wrote:

Sorry champ but you're wrong on this one.

It was before your comments.
txmxer
10/7/2009 2:40pm
Grendel wrote:

You said bet...just asking. You don't have to get all pissy.

I told you you could go look for it...you won't. You won't admit you are wrong either. But, you are.
Grendel
10/7/2009 2:47pm
I did, the search engine is...less than stellar. As for Farva's confirmation, there's a reason Nerd has him on ignore.

And unlike you after I spanked you on the "libelous" thing, I will admit I was mistaken.
Farva
10/7/2009 2:50pm
Grendel wrote:
I did, the search engine is...less than stellar. As for Farva's confirmation, there's a reason Nerd has him on ignore. And unlike you after I spanked...
I did, the search engine is...less than stellar. As for Farva's confirmation, there's a reason Nerd has him on ignore.

And unlike you after I spanked you on the "libelous" thing, I will admit I was mistaken.
His reason for putting me on ignore was for outing him as NSZ.

I enjoy reading your posts, but you're wrong on this one.
swizcore
10/7/2009 2:55pm
There's an ignore function!!???Blink
JW381
10/7/2009 2:59pm
swizcore wrote:
There's an ignore function!!???Blink
I think it's like the easy button. It's a metaphor.
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
10/7/2009 3:00pm
Few things.
I personally was behind them. Even knew they could win from poor gate choices.

While the forums may be the fanatical part of the sport - I remind the riders, Fanatical i.e. FAN's without us these guys are flipping burgers at best!

Get over it, embrace it and use it, don't bitch about it. The sport is filled to the brim with panty waists as is. They have the best job in the world, even on their worst day. Many dont have employment and the riders are getting paid well do what they love.

Great Job Team USA. We are proud of you. Damn proud, don't confuse that with those that are complaining. It would be a lot worse if no one notices and no one makes mention.

Now get back out on the track and kick some ass!
Trip
10/7/2009 3:07pm
Ozy wrote:
Here is something to think about this years TEAM USA MXdN results - out of the 6 moto's run, 5 resulted in top 10 finishes for...
Here is something to think about this years TEAM USA MXdN results - out of the 6 moto's run, 5 resulted in top 10 finishes for USA

THAT IS GETTING IT DONE!
Funny that the team that went pulled 5 of 6 top tens, and brought home the championship. Yet nobodys saying how many races they actually won.

Had James, RV, and Alessi gone, and got 5 of 6 top tens, and the overall win. Guys would be bashing them for not winning all six races..

It's a no win for the Americans, no wonder why James didn't want to go.

Whats up with the Moto Concepts ad on the bottom? The MotoBin has a Jeff Alessi sticker on it, with Thor boots. Did Jeff wear Thor boots this year?? Utopia goggles???
JW381
10/7/2009 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2009 3:09pm
Tiki wrote:
Few things. I personally was behind them. Even knew they could win from poor gate choices. While the forums may be the fanatical part of the...
Few things.
I personally was behind them. Even knew they could win from poor gate choices.

While the forums may be the fanatical part of the sport - I remind the riders, Fanatical i.e. FAN's without us these guys are flipping burgers at best!

Get over it, embrace it and use it, don't bitch about it. The sport is filled to the brim with panty waists as is. They have the best job in the world, even on their worst day. Many dont have employment and the riders are getting paid well do what they love.

Great Job Team USA. We are proud of you. Damn proud, don't confuse that with those that are complaining. It would be a lot worse if no one notices and no one makes mention.

Now get back out on the track and kick some ass!
Wellll said mate. I don't see how internet message boards, full of enthusiastic, knowledgeable (for the most part), and passionate fans, is somehow worse than a stadium full of Energy Drink addicted retards, who know next to nothing about the sport as a whole.
txmxer
10/7/2009 3:10pm
Grendel wrote:
I did, the search engine is...less than stellar. As for Farva's confirmation, there's a reason Nerd has him on ignore. And unlike you after I spanked...

Can't just say you were wrong? That's the word you are looking for: wrong. But, you were ready to "bet" on it?

Oh well.

As far as the libel thing...you can twist it any way you wish to. Your explanation was hollow and a failed attempt to re-direct your unsupported accusation. Nerd even called you out on it as well as others.

You are not nearly as witty nor intelligent as you think you are. But, you do make me laugh on occasion.
Grendel
10/7/2009 3:28pm
txmxer wrote:
Can't just say you were wrong? That's the word you are looking for: wrong. But, you were ready to "bet" on it? Oh well. As far...
Can't just say you were wrong? That's the word you are looking for: wrong. But, you were ready to "bet" on it?

Oh well.

As far as the libel thing...you can twist it any way you wish to. Your explanation was hollow and a failed attempt to re-direct your unsupported accusation. Nerd even called you out on it as well as others.

You are not nearly as witty nor intelligent as you think you are. But, you do make me laugh on occasion.
Nah. Since you're prone to misinterpretation, I'll wait until I read the thread (Which you still haven't produced) before I satisfy your insecurities.

Libel thing: You misinterpreted my comment, which is understandably a hard thing to admit after you went to the trouble of creating a thread about it. People corrected you even before I made an appearance. Then you were just reduced to projecting your backpedaling onto me. A blunder on your part, but we can't win them all.

Well, some of us can't.Cool
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
10/7/2009 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:37am
Well, this is the thread about key bored warriors, eh? Devil
TerryB
10/7/2009 3:55pm
First off: B team? Bullshit! They're winners. The ones selected, and deserving to go. Period.

That being said, while I have huge respect for the amount of talent our professional motocross riders exhibit, and the size of the kahunas shown in what they do on the track, I have little sympathy for criticism they receive on message boards. It's not only part of the territory that comes with celebrity and sports hero stardom in our modern world, it's part of life for people who aren't important enough to live sheltered by their own PR people or their entourage.

While most of us only dream of having the skill and finesse that they possess on a motocross track, we do know a little bit about giving your all, having heart, suffering losses, and even enjoying success... and in the real world, that also means suffering the harsh criticism, and accolades that go along with every decision, in every endeavor that is a part of this life.

So, (this is not directed at Mr. Weimer, but the group as a whole) harden the F up! We all have to learn this lesson in order to persevere in life. You really think Brett Favre is too worried about all the criticism he has gotten for his on again, off again status? You think Michael Vick was so distraught over what is being said on a message board that he was afraid to show up at camp, or felt a need to respond? Come on, Guys!

I see these instances as merely growing pains of a very small sport where it's athletes aren't used to such wide (and growing) media attention.

And, to some degree, I see a sort of "protectionism" by some, chastising those who voice their (possibly obnoxious and misguided) opinions. Certainly some are out of hand, but, by and large, if the fans- and their opinions- disappeared, so would the sport.

And finally, it needs to tempered with decency, and yes, respect, by those who feel it is necessary to voice their opinions. I do. I find it hard to be critical of most riders who don't behave like spoiled primadonnas.

I'm sure many of you will find much to disagree with here. Feel free.

Brent
10/7/2009 4:23pm
Pfft this is a fan driven web site, it's not necessarily for consumption by current pro racers.

Im sure Philip Rivers or Tom Brady aren't concerned enough to take offense at what Some dumb Fan has to say. For that matter, all pro sports is just entertainment anyway, like a movie or a play. And there is no shortage of professional movie critics now, is there?

If you are going to entertain someone for a living, be it throwing a football, acting in a movie, or riding a dirt bike really fast, you should expect a certain amount of feedback from the paying fans, EH?

Post a reply to: Jake Weimer talking about key board warriors.

The Latest