Jake Weimer talking about key board warriors.

DanDunes818
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:55am
This is part of JWs interview with racer x and I couldn't agree more. We all know the who he's talking about. The guys that post shit like "Do you really believe USA can win?" For the record JW most of us were behind you guys 100%..

Here's JWs statement..

Steve Cox question:Does it feel better to win even though so many thought you wouldn’t?

Yeah, especially with the naysayers. We came over here supposedly as the “B Squad”, and I mean, it’s kind of crazy, because I don’t 100-percent understand it. It almost seems like the people over here [in Italy] want us to win more than a lot of the people at home! Honestly! That doesn’t make sense to me! Our very, very best riders, a couple of them were hurt, and at the time, we were the best three to pick. I had won a couple races, and for obvious reasons Ryan was picked, and Ivan has been here and won before. I think it was a pretty easy decision, and it makes absolutely no sense to me that you’re sending your people over to a foreign country to represent you, and you’re going to sit on message boards and talk trash. I obviously don’t understand it. At least stand behind your guys. I know there were some very fast riders who weren’t able to come because of injuries or whatever, and that’s just how it goes. At the time, we were the best guys to go, and we came over here with our “B Squad” and we won. That feels good because it honestly blows my mind that people don’t support their own. I’m not saying it’s all of them, but you know what I’m talking about, there are a few people who just wanted us to fail.

Link to the whole interview:

http://www.racerxonline.com/...eimer-mxdn-2009.aspx
|
creed
10/7/2009 1:34am
Good point and I was one of them I wanted you to get beat if that means fail I am guilty.

Would have loved to see the Australians win but we FAILED. But we had a go.

Ah well hope you get the gig next time JW when all your stars will want to race at home, and you can race against Chad and the Moss bros.

Well done you guys deserved the win.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/7/2009 1:41am
I'd agree with that.
Rotax
10/7/2009 3:09am
RacerX had a poll. It asked "Who will win the 2009 Motocross of Nations?". USA won that poll by 59%. Seems to me the majority of the people were behind team USA. Hopefully Jake doesn't really think his people weren't supporting Team USA. Message boards sure stink sometimes. MXoN is usually the most odorous time of the year.
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
10/7/2009 3:32am
I think he's 100% correct. Most were complaining about who didn't go instead of supporting the team that was heading into battle.

The Shop

swizcore
10/7/2009 5:47am
I know its human nature for people to notice the detractors more than the supporters but I wish all the riders who did come read on Vital would just ignore them and pay more attention to the positive talk.

I remember a story where Mark Hoppus of Blink182 was bummed at a show because he noticed 1 person in the crowd who was flipping him off while playing with the opening band for one song. Then when Blink played that same guy was singing every song and it changed his night. Really. Out of thousands and thousands of fans, he dwelled on this one detractor above all the supporters. Human nature is a weird thing.
jmar
10/7/2009 6:09am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:36am
I think the motoboard fans were setting themselfs up for what the believed to be a loss and the B team shit pretty much gave an excuse for the loss. There are some real idiot fans here in the US. Just look at how direspectful they are to the riders through out the season on this very board.

In reality some people need to get a life of their own and quit trying to live their lives through others accomplishments.
huck
10/7/2009 6:13am
I was behind Team USA 100% and never doubted that they'd win!

They weren't the "B" squad, the ARE the team that WON!!!!
Cygnus
10/7/2009 6:17am
Way to go Tornado Jake! USA USA USA USA!
txmxer
10/7/2009 6:26am
ky_savage wrote:
I think he's 100% correct. Most were complaining about who didn't go instead of supporting the team that was heading into battle.
I don't know about "most," but, that is exactly it. Then there was the folks that evaluate it to death and make up all the A, B, and C team crap.

Congrats to Jake, Ryan, and Ivan. Those guys kicked ass and deserve a ton of credit.

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
10/7/2009 6:28am
In the last issue of TWMX Trey Canard said one thing the sport could do without is Internet message board kooks.

I think it is only small percentage of posters that give forums a bad name.

But hey it's easy judge someone when it is not you.
Cygnus
10/7/2009 6:30am
You wouldn't believe who reads these forums.Cool
G-man
10/7/2009 6:39am
hahaahahah classic!
Void Main
10/7/2009 7:55am
I think Jake is incorrectly making a connection of people having doubts with people not being behind them. I thought a couple other teams had a good chance of winning this year, there are some extremely talented riders. That doesn't mean we don't want to see our team win. They did an outstanding job!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/7/2009 8:16am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
In the last issue of TWMX Trey Canard said one thing the sport could do without is Internet message board kooks. I think it is only...
In the last issue of TWMX Trey Canard said one thing the sport could do without is Internet message board kooks.

There are some kooks for sure. Some of you guys post stuff that's really awesome. And some? Well, let's just say that there's also stuff that's less than awesome.

It's funny, there are a couple posters here who are sort of undercover, and try to steer you guys back to what's really going on with some very accurate info. Occasionally I try and point them out by suggesting that you might want to listen to them. Often they get overrun by posters who are spreading nonsense, nonstop.

You definitely need to pick and choose who you listen to.
flarider
10/7/2009 8:21am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
In the last issue of TWMX Trey Canard said one thing the sport could do without is Internet message board kooks. I think it is only...

GuyB wrote:
There are some kooks for sure. Some of you guys post stuff that's really awesome. And some? Well, let's just say that there's also stuff that's...
There are some kooks for sure. Some of you guys post stuff that's really awesome. And some? Well, let's just say that there's also stuff that's less than awesome.

It's funny, there are a couple posters here who are sort of undercover, and try to steer you guys back to what's really going on with some very accurate info. Occasionally I try and point them out by suggesting that you might want to listen to them. Often they get overrun by posters who are spreading nonsense, nonstop.

I laugh when I see that, but people seem to prefer to just go with the made up stuff.
People might also want to take note of threads where people who would know, DON'T POST anything, but sit back and watch
lucero10x
10/7/2009 8:44am
GuyB wrote:
There are some kooks for sure. Some of you guys post stuff that's really awesome. And some? Well, let's just say that there's also stuff that's...

Well you can usually tell who is the least informed by the volume of their rhetoric. I know this because I have been extremely critical of LB in the past but have never met or talked to the prick. lol
JOHN CHOATE
10/7/2009 8:49am
There are some real "heavy hitters" on here and some/most don't know it. Listen to Guy!

That's funny, "spreading nonsense, nonstop."
Adam43
10/7/2009 9:43am
Its funny how all the top guys read this stuff, but no one posts. And they refer to the all the loon's rhetoric as "everyone is saying this..." When it's really maybe just a handful.

I just can't imagine any other sport giving so much weight to a message board.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
10/7/2009 9:48am
GuyB wrote:

lucero10x wrote:
Well you can usually tell who is the least informed by the volume of their rhetoric. I know this because I have been extremely critical of...
Well you can usually tell who is the least informed by the volume of their rhetoric. I know this because I have been extremely critical of LB in the past but have never met or talked to the prick. lol
I think that is exactly what the riders are talking about. Unsure
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/7/2009 10:03am
The B team nonsense is a bunch of crap. If you have only one team, that's your team. And claiming they're not your best team to cover some misguided notion of national pride in internet board arguments is not supporting that team.

It also does not undermine your own team to acknowledge and respect other countries' talent in a race like this. The greatest thing about this sport is competition among talented riders.
DanDunes818
10/7/2009 10:09am
Vital mx has got to love that messege boards drive the pros crazy. There's no better advertisement for these boards then having guys like JS say they hate vital,MA making BobbyM videos and JW addressing them. It gives everyone on here a feeling that they matter and those that aren't here the motivation to come and join the party.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/7/2009 10:11am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2009 10:11am
Is there anyone who says more things tongue in cheek than James? The guys posts here for crying out loud.
Ing
10/7/2009 10:32am
flarider wrote:
I laugh when I see that, but people seem to prefer to just go with the made up stuff. People might also want to take note...
I laugh when I see that, but people seem to prefer to just go with the made up stuff.
People might also want to take note of threads where people who would know, DON'T POST anything, but sit back and watch
A guy with 19,000+ posts is telling everyone to sit back and watch. Classic.
txmxer
10/7/2009 10:36am
GuyB wrote:

lucero10x wrote:
Well you can usually tell who is the least informed by the volume of their rhetoric. I know this because I have been extremely critical of...
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I think that is exactly what the riders are talking about. Unsure
Two things...LB is NOT a rider at this time and he creates his own issues.

I would be willing to hazard a guess that most everyone in the "industry" knows full well that Larry's online challenges come as much from his own actions as they do the no name forum posters.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
10/7/2009 10:52am
Vital mx has got to love that messege boards drive the pros crazy. There's no better advertisement for these boards then having guys like JS say...
Vital mx has got to love that messege boards drive the pros crazy. There's no better advertisement for these boards then having guys like JS say they hate vital,MA making BobbyM videos and JW addressing them. It gives everyone on here a feeling that they matter and those that aren't here the motivation to come and join the party.
I have a few friends that refuse to even lurk here because of the bickering and fighting that goes on.
There is some good info on here and some cool people that post here, it's just weeding through the BS that can gets tiresome.
10/7/2009 11:07am
flarider wrote:
I laugh when I see that, but people seem to prefer to just go with the made up stuff. People might also want to take note...
Ing wrote:
A guy with 19,000+ posts is telling everyone to sit back and watch. Classic.
LMAO
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
10/7/2009 11:15am
Like I tell everyone on the OTHG forum:

“The good thing about a forum is it gives everyone a chance to voice their opinions, the bad thing…………….it gives everyone a chance to voice their opinions.”
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/7/2009 11:16am
OW38B wrote:
Like I tell everyone on the OTHG forum: [i]“The good thing about a forum is it gives everyone a chance to voice their opinions, the bad...
Like I tell everyone on the OTHG forum:

“The good thing about a forum is it gives everyone a chance to voice their opinions, the bad thing…………….it gives everyone a chance to voice their opinions.”
That's the power of free speech. And it's pretty damn sobering sometimes.

Post a reply to: Jake Weimer talking about key board warriors.

The Latest