Jacob Hayes to replace Tyler Bowers at Pro Circuit Kawi..?

Danster
Edited Date/Time 5/11/2015 9:29pm
One Arenacross for another, Very fast in arena's, was very fast as
a amateur why not give the kid a shot...?
He's already used to the bike...
|
fidiot
5/11/2015 4:37am
I'm no expert, but I do not think Mitch would hire a cheap shot artist like Hayes. Mitch runs a tight ship with regards to his riders actions.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
5/11/2015 4:45am
fidiot wrote:
I'm no expert, but I do not think Mitch would hire a cheap shot artist like Hayes. Mitch runs a tight ship with regards to his...
I'm no expert, but I do not think Mitch would hire a cheap shot artist like Hayes. Mitch runs a tight ship with regards to his riders actions.
You must have missed the first few 250 West rounds..... Whistling
PEPE001
5/11/2015 4:51am
Danster wrote:
One Arenacross for another, Very fast in arena's, was very fast as a amateur why not give the kid a shot...? He's already used to the...
One Arenacross for another, Very fast in arena's, was very fast as
a amateur why not give the kid a shot...?
He's already used to the bike...
Those who rides like a freaking idiot should not get a ride like this!

Definitely not good for PR!
ts.p311
5/11/2015 4:53am
He hired Bowers whose riding in AX was similar, was it not? The thing with Hayes in Vegas though, the whole leaning on Regal coming down the start straight thing... WTF is that shit?! It showed right from the start that he had no intention of racing for the title, he wanted Regal out so he could cruise to the title. Then he acted like a baby when it didn't work out for him, which was all his own doing. Payton aint got time for that shit... But then again times are tough over at PC these days, so maybe.

The Shop

Motofinne
5/11/2015 4:53am
I hope not. My first impression of Hayes is not positive.
struth
5/11/2015 4:58am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2015 5:27am
Maybe you guys should watch all AX races before judge hayes.
ts.p311
5/11/2015 5:08am
I've seen plenty, and my judgement still stands. However my judgement means nothing, and Hayes will still have a career. By the time SX rolls around next year, hell by the time outdoors starts, we'll all mostly have forgot about this whole thing.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/11/2015 5:33am
fidiot wrote:
I'm no expert, but I do not think Mitch would hire a cheap shot artist like Hayes. Mitch runs a tight ship with regards to his...
You're kidding right?
dgmx
5/11/2015 5:39am
as someone who races arenacross and is friends with regal and hayes, hayes is a good dude, yah he went for the kill, lots of money and pride on the line. ill bet most of you would do much worse at the shot for over $100,000 plus having a championship via dirtbikes.
fidiot
5/11/2015 5:42am
fidiot wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
You're kidding right?
No
fidiot
5/11/2015 5:43am
fidiot wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
You must have missed the first few 250 West rounds..... Whistling
I've seen every 250 SX race for probably the last 15 years.
Starcrossed
5/11/2015 5:50am
dgmx wrote:
as someone who races arenacross and is friends with regal and hayes, hayes is a good dude, yah he went for the kill, lots of money...
as someone who races arenacross and is friends with regal and hayes, hayes is a good dude, yah he went for the kill, lots of money and pride on the line. ill bet most of you would do much worse at the shot for over $100,000 plus having a championship via dirtbikes.
With all due respect, Dave, the move at Vegas in no way resembled a racing incident. That was a cheap shot out of nowhere with a high probability of injury resulting. There is no room in the sport for this type of egregious take-out move.
Motofinne
5/11/2015 5:57am
I'v said this before but i think it's crazy that Hayes isn't getting more shit for the absolutely insane move on Regal.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/11/2015 6:00am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2015 6:01am
fidiot wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
You're kidding right?
fidiot wrote:
No
Then maybe you should do some research on the way Mitch's guys have rode in the past then.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/11/2015 6:25am
Tyler Bower's is on contract through next year and Mitch is only running four guys for outdoors this year.
hvaughn88
5/11/2015 6:34am
Yeah, Hayes' move(s) was total bullshit. Let's not lose sight of that. Having said that, I would have done the same, if not worse, for a six figure bonus when I was 21. Hell, I would probably still do it today for a six figure bonus. It still wasn't a smart move, obviously.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
5/11/2015 7:11am
I'm glad people are watching and talking about Arenacross. That's good news. Though, don't pretend to be an expert after only a small sampling of the series. This isn't the first and won't be the last blatant t-bone, though atleast this one was for something more than losing a chick at the bar the night before.

Part of AX is supposed to be to help guys grow and mature into SX... well, learning moment right there, don't hold it against him forever. If it happens over and over? Then he earned that.

As far as filling in for Mitch or not because he is "dirty"...
Mitch hired and kept on his team Eric Sorby, Stephane Roncada, and Tyler Bowers off the top of my head. All were pretty controversial.

But it won't happen, no reason for it to happen. If Hayes dominates AX for a couple seasons like Tyler did, he might have a chance at a full time spot, not just a fill in.
mx836
5/11/2015 7:21am
What a bunch of whining. That's racing. It's Arenacross. He went for it and it didn't pay off. He will learn from it and lost the title because of that move. I think that's fair enough and you can all move on now.
fidiot
5/11/2015 7:30am
UpTiTe wrote:
You're kidding right?
fidiot wrote:
No
UpTiTe wrote:
Then maybe you should do some research on the way Mitch's guys have rode in the past then.
As I mentioned previously, I have watched every 250SX race in at least the past 15 years.
TeamGreen
5/11/2015 7:55am
People are saying Hayes is comparable to Bowers?
Motofinne
5/11/2015 7:59am
mx836 wrote:
What a bunch of whining. That's racing. It's Arenacross. He went for it and it didn't pay off. He will learn from it and lost the...
What a bunch of whining. That's racing. It's Arenacross. He went for it and it didn't pay off. He will learn from it and lost the title because of that move. I think that's fair enough and you can all move on now.
Well what if Regals career would be over now because of that move? I know, nothing happened but ffs. Regal is very, VERY lucky to be in one piece.
Dx3moto
5/11/2015 8:08am
Bowers used aggressive riding to win 4 (right?) titles. Hayes used cheap shots to earn himself a lesson he'll regret the rest of his life. Give the PC ride to someone who earns it and races respectfully.
PEPE001
5/11/2015 9:30am
Dx3moto wrote:
Bowers used aggressive riding to win 4 (right?) titles. Hayes used cheap shots to earn himself a lesson he'll regret the rest of his life. Give...
Bowers used aggressive riding to win 4 (right?) titles. Hayes used cheap shots to earn himself a lesson he'll regret the rest of his life. Give the PC ride to someone who earns it and races respectfully.
+1
Mx286
5/11/2015 10:23am
dgmx wrote:
as someone who races arenacross and is friends with regal and hayes, hayes is a good dude, yah he went for the kill, lots of money...
X2. I'm not 100% sure if half the people that post here even race.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
5/11/2015 10:24am
fidiot wrote:
why not? he hired Eric Sorby. he was well known for take outs.

who cares that he made a bad pass? if he had done that on the last lap for the win would there have been a problem? not in my book. sure it wouldnt garner a lot of fans but the title check cashes the same
5/11/2015 10:48am
I'm glad people are watching and talking about Arenacross. That's good news. Though, don't pretend to be an expert after only a small sampling of the...
I'm glad people are watching and talking about Arenacross. That's good news. Though, don't pretend to be an expert after only a small sampling of the series. This isn't the first and won't be the last blatant t-bone, though atleast this one was for something more than losing a chick at the bar the night before.

Part of AX is supposed to be to help guys grow and mature into SX... well, learning moment right there, don't hold it against him forever. If it happens over and over? Then he earned that.

As far as filling in for Mitch or not because he is "dirty"...
Mitch hired and kept on his team Eric Sorby, Stephane Roncada, and Tyler Bowers off the top of my head. All were pretty controversial.

But it won't happen, no reason for it to happen. If Hayes dominates AX for a couple seasons like Tyler did, he might have a chance at a full time spot, not just a fill in.
Taking Regal out blatantly is one issue, throwing down your equipment and disrespecting members of your team is another.

Hayes is going to suffer from the consequences of his actions for awhile.
fidiot
5/11/2015 10:55am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2015 10:56am
dgmx wrote:
Mx286 wrote:
X2. I'm not 100% sure if half the people that post here even race.
I would not be able to hold my head up proudly if the only way I could win was by completely wrecking my competition. I would only want to win because I am the best rider that day at that track, that year etc.

I suppose it could be compared to setting up a co-worker to take a fall and stabbing them in the back so you get a promotion.
gt80rider
5/11/2015 11:06am
dgmx wrote:
With all due respect, Dave, the move at Vegas in no way resembled a racing incident. That was a cheap shot out of nowhere with a...
With all due respect, Dave, the move at Vegas in no way resembled a racing incident. That was a cheap shot out of nowhere with a high probability of injury resulting. There is no room in the sport for this type of egregious take-out move.
Ya, i think it would have been totally accepted and expected on the last lap for the win. But... He didnt even need to pass regal to win the championship, thats why people look at it as such a stupid move.
dgmx
5/11/2015 12:03pm
dgmx wrote:
With all due respect, Dave, the move at Vegas in no way resembled a racing incident. That was a cheap shot out of nowhere with a...
I agree dumb and dangerous

Post a reply to: Jacob Hayes to replace Tyler Bowers at Pro Circuit Kawi..?

The Latest