JS7 not racing before Daytona

Turbojez
I am not sure how reliable MX Vice is as a source of info, but I read an interview with Malcolm Stewart, and by his words, if you're waiting for James Stewart to come back racing around round 4 in Oakland, don't hold your breath.
Daytona is more possible as his return, as he doesn't even have a bike to ride as for now.
Full interview here: MX Vice chatter box
|
jpmoney57
1/19/2017 12:42am
Yeah it's pretty good reliable source MXVICE is, I no one of the guys and I saw on Facebook he was actually at the seven headquarters yesterday... so I'd say it's pretty legit this interview.
1/19/2017 12:48am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 1:04am
We (MX Vice) are mainly a European site, but are out here in California to cover the first six rounds. We also are at every MXGP round, have Matthes do a column for us each week and have shared content with Racer X in the past (just to give you an idea of how reliable we are).

I did that interview at Milestone today, just as Stewart completed his final moto. He put in a fair few laps, just as you would expect, and actually looked really good considering his lack of time on the bike.
tek14
1/19/2017 12:53am
I guess that eventually this will turn into a cool thing. You are under the Seven umbrella, so I guess you’ll have James alongside you at some point?

Mookie:
Maybe. I am hoping so. Hopefully he’ll shoot for around Daytona – there are a lot of predictions. Some people are saying that he might show up around Oakland, but nah. I don’t know where people get their rumours from but, god, whoever it is does a pretty damn good job. You’ll probably see him around the east rounds, but he still does not know the bike situation. I took all the motorcycles and parts, so he doesn't have anything for a Suzuki. He has none!

I don’t care. He is James Stewart and my brother, so I love him, but someone has got to go out there and race! You’ll definitely see him as we move towards the east rounds or maybe a little bit sooner, like at Dallas, but the first thing is getting him a manufacturer and some support.
tek14
1/19/2017 12:54am
We (MX Vice) are mainly a European site, but are out here in California to cover the first six rounds. We also are at every MXGP...
We (MX Vice) are mainly a European site, but are out here in California to cover the first six rounds. We also are at every MXGP round, have Matthes do a column for us each week and have shared content with Racer X in the past (just to give you an idea of how reliable we are).

I did that interview at Milestone today, just as Stewart completed his final moto. He put in a fair few laps, just as you would expect, and actually looked really good considering his lack of time on the bike.
You didnt get any video Stewart riding at Milestone? Sure that would be hit.

The Shop

Sully
1/19/2017 12:55am
I've never even heard of MXVice, but that was a pretty good interview.

I know Mookie probably has some base suspension settings that he's going to go off of, but it seems a bit sketchy to go out and race a Supercross with no testing time. Hopefully he meets his own expectations and comes out of the weekend safe.
1/19/2017 12:58am
Sully wrote:
I've never even heard of MXVice, but that was a pretty good interview. I know Mookie probably has some base suspension settings that he's going to...

I know Mookie probably has some base suspension settings that he's going to go off of, but it seems a bit sketchy to go out and race a Supercross with no testing time. Hopefully he meets his own expectations and comes out of the weekend safe.
That's cool! The whole reason for us being here is to reach a wider audience, as we're already the biggest in Europe by quite a way.

Agreed on your point about suspension. I was hoping to get into that a bit more with him, but I already took up way more time than I said I would!
TXDirt
1/19/2017 1:02am
So funny it takes a European publication to get direct info from one of the biggest stars in the US. That's a compliment to Vice and a slight to our so called US journalists.
Olson
1/19/2017 1:12am
This is good journalism. Ask the questions the readers want. Enough tip toeing around the riders and teams.
APLMAN99
1/19/2017 1:14am
Sully wrote:
I've never even heard of MXVice, but that was a pretty good interview. I know Mookie probably has some base suspension settings that he's going to...

That's cool! The whole reason for us being here is to reach a wider audience, as we're already the biggest in Europe by quite a way...
That's cool! The whole reason for us being here is to reach a wider audience, as we're already the biggest in Europe by quite a way.

Agreed on your point about suspension. I was hoping to get into that a bit more with him, but I already took up way more time than I said I would!
Bigger than MXLarge?
Turbojez
1/19/2017 1:14am
We (MX Vice) are mainly a European site, but are out here in California to cover the first six rounds. We also are at every MXGP...

Thank you for the response and the interview, finally some words from the Stewarts directly. I haven't checked your portal before but will definitely change that from now on!
1/19/2017 1:16am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 1:17am

tek14 wrote:
We did! I was out there with our videographer. We'll have it up on our IG (@mxvice) or Facebook (MXVice.com) early on tomorrow.
1/19/2017 1:18am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 1:25am
Sully wrote:

That's cool! The whole reason for us being here is to reach a wider audience, as we're already the biggest in Europe by quite a way...

APLMAN99 wrote:
Bigger than MXLarge?
I mean, I don't want to get too into it Laughing Our traffic is considerably bigger than MXLarge, yeah, and I'd like to think content is key. My whole thing with our MXGP coverage has been to bring the American level of professionalism to the series with interviews etc (something's that been missing on a majority of sites in Europe IMO).
philG
1/19/2017 2:45am
MXVice is worth a follow on twitter , for 2 young guys out there on the road in a crappy car ( was behind you on the ferry back from somewhere in October ) , you put out good content, compared to those with considerably more experience.

Who' s doing Hawkstone while you are off on your jollies ??
Fearo
1/19/2017 3:11am
Check out MXVice's GP recap videos on youtube, they are awesome.

I still look at the one from Thailand with The Offspring's song regularly. By far the best vids coming out of Europe.
Flip109
1/19/2017 3:15am

Been following mxvice on social media since RV went to the GPs. Great source. Keep up the good work!
MX-LIFE.
1/19/2017 4:07am
TXDirt wrote:
So funny it takes a European publication to get direct info from one of the biggest stars in the US. That's a compliment to Vice and...
So funny it takes a European publication to get direct info from one of the biggest stars in the US. That's a compliment to Vice and a slight to our so called US journalists.
It's funny how we Americans sometimes think we are the only ppl on earth! Lol I'm glad Malcolm and James have kept quiet about what they are doing its even more funny when Malcolm spoke on the rumors ,its even been said on here oh he may be on a husky probably not and no knows but James Malcolm and the people involved with thier deal! Honestly think Malcolm is going to tell details? Good!
Rowlands
1/19/2017 4:12am
Mx vice are my favourite Euro journalist's they do a great job,ask the right questions and keep it respectful with good content. Awesome to see Mookie out on a bike finally,looks like he has struggled to scrape this together but hopefully he can now show us what he's made of. I actually caught a few clips of him on MX Vice Snapchat and he looked reasonable. In and around the Deano mark will be a solid start. Great to have him on the line.
tek14
1/19/2017 4:20am

tek14 wrote:
We did! I was out there with our videographer. We'll have it up on our IG (@mxvice) or Facebook (MXVice.com) early on tomorrow.
Great! Pro MX site from UK that doesnt only hype UK riders even better Smile
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
1/19/2017 4:22am
Sully wrote:

He could go the James route - fill the forks with concrete and bring it to the line
speed_racer
Fantasy
1939th
1/19/2017 4:44am
This simple interview clears up all the rumors about the Stewart brothers.

Why don't they just have a PR person telling us this stuff, then there would be no rumors?

Sweet deal though, hopefully it's a mudder and he wins the thing.

reded
1/19/2017 4:52am
BREAKING NEWS:

In a shocking turn of events, James Stewart will not be racing this weekend, or next. In fact, he may string his fans along all season via social media yet never show his face.
JAFO92
1/19/2017 5:36am

speed_racer wrote: Why don't they just have a PR person telling us this stuff, then there would be no rumors?

How do you generate interest about yourself when you cant do it with your racing? Use hype. Straight outta the PT Barnum playbook.
1/19/2017 5:38am
JAFO92 wrote:
speed_racer wrote: Why don't they just have a PR person telling us this stuff, then there would be no rumors? How do you generate interest about...

speed_racer wrote: Why don't they just have a PR person telling us this stuff, then there would be no rumors?

How do you generate interest about yourself when you cant do it with your racing? Use hype. Straight outta the PT Barnum playbook.
He's not generating anything. He's not posting. He's not talking.

Shit talkers like yourself are doing it for him, and then criticizing him for it in the same breath. Pretty amazing if you spend a whole 4 seconds of analytical thought on it.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/19/2017 5:47am
TXDirt wrote:
So funny it takes a European publication to get direct info from one of the biggest stars in the US. That's a compliment to Vice and...
X2
HenryA
1/19/2017 5:48am
TXDirt wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
X2
X3, so much for that it's "impossible" to talk with the Stewarts.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/19/2017 5:49am
This simple interview clears up all the rumors about the Stewart brothers. Why don't they just have a PR person telling us this stuff, then there...
This simple interview clears up all the rumors about the Stewart brothers.

Why don't they just have a PR person telling us this stuff, then there would be no rumors?

Sweet deal though, hopefully it's a mudder and he wins the thing.

They cant even get bikes so I think hiring a PR rep is out of the question,unfortunately I dont think their name holds as much water as it use to.Sad
JAFO92
1/19/2017 6:03am
He's not generating anything. He's not posting. He's not talking. Shit talkers like yourself are doing it for him, and then criticizing him for it in...
He's not generating anything. He's not posting. He's not talking.

Shit talkers like yourself are doing it for him, and then criticizing him for it in the same breath. Pretty amazing if you spend a whole 4 seconds of analytical thought on it.
Im not talking shit, Im telling it like it is. All that silence stuff is by design and for a reason. Gotta sell some gear, momma needs a new pair of shoes.

You are mistaken if you think I give a rats ass whether ANY racer makes the gate or not.

"Illuminati". LOL Tooooo funny.
Skidaddle
1/19/2017 6:17am
The part I believe is him not even having a bike to ride.
Most pros are so unequipped to do their profession it's laughable.

100K people at Glamis over the 3 day weekend are better equipped than 90% of factory teams.

Think about that. And out of all those people, maybe 1% have ever raced anything in their lives.
MR. X
1/19/2017 6:18am
Is he racing the RC am race or the night show?

Post a reply to: JS7 not racing before Daytona

The Latest