JS7 really only racing to collect Red Bull check?

Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
Edited Date/Time 1/4/2014 1:42pm
In RacerX's RacerHead:

Ping: "There is talk that he has to get four top-ten finishes to meet the obligations in his Red Bull contract. I have no idea if that’s accurate. If he bows out after San Diego it might be a good indicator that it is."

JT: "James Stewart has been trying to ride through a torn ACL, and rumor has it he needs to fulfill a performance clause to collect his Red Bull check."

-- I've never heard anything about this rumor yet, thought I'd share. If it's true, I have a lot less respect for James who keeps trying to convince us he's still racing because he "loves racing too much," despite showing no improvement the last few weekends.
|
stangkag
2/1/2013 1:09pm
He's damned if he does and damned if he dont with all the haters around. Im just glad hes out there, always more entertaining when he is on the track!

Have you heard hes gonna win A3? Stamp it
SethGator
2/1/2013 1:10pm
Rewindcaz wrote:
In RacerX's RacerHead: Ping: "There is talk that he has to get four top-ten finishes to meet the obligations in his Red Bull contract. I have...
In RacerX's RacerHead:

Ping: "There is talk that he has to get four top-ten finishes to meet the obligations in his Red Bull contract. I have no idea if that’s accurate. If he bows out after San Diego it might be a good indicator that it is."

JT: "James Stewart has been trying to ride through a torn ACL, and rumor has it he needs to fulfill a performance clause to collect his Red Bull check."

-- I've never heard anything about this rumor yet, thought I'd share. If it's true, I have a lot less respect for James who keeps trying to convince us he's still racing because he "loves racing too much," despite showing no improvement the last few weekends.
well he got took the fuck out at Oakland, not sure how he was supposed to improve on that.
SethGator
2/1/2013 1:12pm
dude is a racer plain and simple, not his fault he has style and swagger that just rubs some people the wrong way.

Id be willing to bet that James wont be hurting in the financial department if he were to not get paid by RB.

The Shop

fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
2/1/2013 1:12pm
Who cares. It's not like it's been an easy season for him and he's still out there trying to turn the ship around. Good on him. Go Stew.
PressPassP
2/1/2013 1:19pm
How true is it about him having to do so many races to meet contract requirements??
2/1/2013 1:20pm
the more time goes on the more i admire Ricky carmichael being the only rider to quit in his prime and go out on top , its sad to say james twilight years are not being kind to him at all
braaap
Fantasy
2193rd
2/1/2013 1:22pm
What would you do?

If I was hurting like he appears to be, I'd get my 4 top 10's, call it a season and get the knee repaired.

You think he likes to be out there just to get a top 10?
flarider
2/1/2013 1:24pm
So what if he is?

If he quits due to injury, he's a pussy
If he rides with an injury to fulfill a contract, he's a pussy
Stephon
Rewindcaz wrote:
In RacerX's RacerHead: Ping: "There is talk that he has to get four top-ten finishes to meet the obligations in his Red Bull contract. I have...
In RacerX's RacerHead:

Let me get this straight. You "have a lot less respect for James" because he is showing up for work? I go to work for a check too.

I certainly hope James hasn't lost any respect for you because...well, just because.
WaitForIt
You lost respect for James because he's trying to meet his agreement with RedBull and trying to make money?
2/1/2013 1:25pm
Stewart has bills to pay just like people with normal jobs, nothing wrong with that.
hasko158
2/1/2013 1:33pm
If you had the flu, were going to take a week off and your work said you need to be in 4 days to get your salary, would you go in sick or stay home? Come on, give the guy a break.
SIMX
2/1/2013 1:35pm
So what! Good for James
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
2/1/2013 1:37pm
I'm all for seeing him out racing, I think it's awesome seeing him finally show up even when he knows he's not going to win. But him choosing to struggle through the entire season being far from 100%, possibly risking further injury, all to collect a check (if thats true) instead of having had immediate surgery and possibly making the last couple supercrosses or being fully healed for the outdoors? Just sayin'
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
2/1/2013 1:39pm
But then again, who knows the extent of the injury anyways, thanks to his awesome ability of not letting the sport & fans know anything about his situation(s)
hasko158
2/1/2013 1:41pm
No guarantee he'd be back for motocross (or wants to race mx), and supercross also means a lot more to teams and their sponsors.
DrSweden
2/1/2013 1:51pm
I guess the "I just wanna go out and have some fun" phrase often heard, is probably far away from the truth. I'm glad I can honestly say, I ride just to have fun instead of having it as a work. The previous feeling of bad luck, as being gifted with less talented was actually a blessing. Grinning Imagine the horror riding in pain, just to pay the rent... Still it's always portrayed as something else...

Well, always glad to see James ride, and maybe I should try to avoid reading about what's going on behind the scenes, takes away some of my joy at least...
rcm406
2/1/2013 1:54pm
I just feel bad for Suzuki(Webb & Leroy) if he does do that. He ruined the SX & MX season for them
2/1/2013 2:04pm
rcm406 wrote:
I just feel bad for Suzuki(Webb & Leroy) if he does do that. He ruined the SX & MX season for them
How did Stewart ruin the SX & MX season for Suzuki? By getting hurt?! I don't understand your comment.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/1/2013 2:04pm
Sheesh, he was fast time and second in his heat last weekend before getting clocked in that crash. He may not be at his best, but he's hanging in there. I can't imagine any reason for criticizing him, and even for people that don't like him it's a stretch to try and spin some crap from the fact that he's kept on.
zehn
2/1/2013 2:05pm
I love it when fans think that a rider owes them something. I love Stewart and want to see him stay out there if he can ride safely, but come on.
sundios
2/1/2013 2:05pm
he has more money than he needs! why he would care about some redbull checks.
zehn
2/1/2013 2:11pm
sundios wrote:
What looks better to a future employer? Getting fired or respectfully putting in your two weeks?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/1/2013 2:12pm
sundios wrote:
That's what he said in an interview last year when he was asked why he would leave so much money on the table at JGR. If his career is about money now he should of stayed there.
BDOG
2/1/2013 2:12pm
Stewart has bills to pay just like people with normal jobs, nothing wrong with that.
I expect he's got way more bills than normal people.
kijen
2/1/2013 2:13pm
Rewindcaz wrote:
In RacerX's RacerHead:

why is this such a big deal? I have to go to work to get paid too! He gets paid to race...
So he is struggling with an ACL and not doing great, I would try too, if I was getting paid.

to be honest the ONLY reason I go to work is for the money.
dirthead1
2/1/2013 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2013 2:18pm
I work sick to get paid all the time. Who doesn't? Who wouldn't race on a torn ACL for $10 bajillion?
rcm406
2/1/2013 2:18pm
rcm406 wrote:
How did Stewart ruin the SX & MX season for Suzuki? By getting hurt?! I don't understand your comment.
Because if he bows out after he get 2 more top 10's and collects his redbull paycheck it will be to late to get surgery and be healthy for the MX season. I could only guess that his Suzuki contract is not performance base and that's why he chose to collect his Redbull money instead of trying to get healthy and get a MX C'ship for Suzuki.
mellonhs
2/1/2013 2:25pm
Gah he can't win for losing with you hating Fuck bags.
Im glad he's actually trying to fulfil his contract. Fuck ping and jt

Do you go to work for a check?

You must not have respect for anyone that has a job.

Why is this thread still up? Blatantly starting a rumor with nothin but speculation...

Post a reply to: JS7 really only racing to collect Red Bull check?

The Latest