JS7 Personal Statement?

davistld01
6/24/2014 7:22am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 10:55am
I was just wondering if James Stewart was going to offer any kind of personal/public statement before any kind of punishment, if any, is handed to him by the authorities. Of course, Yoshimura Suzuki was quick to issue their own...but that was simply a press release, not any kind of personal statement.

Do you think he will soon, or do you think he & everyone involved are in hush-hushville until the final test results are given and the results are released to the general public? Shoot, the only Stewart that I see peeking out on the social media is Mookie...and his tweets are non-race related, and very casual.
|
Xeno
6/24/2014 7:25am
Unfortunately, Bubba's in a no-win situation.
Fearo
6/24/2014 7:44am
If I had to guess I would say camp Stewart is now planning a huge case of denial and will exploit every possible angle to make sure the suspension is kept to a minimum.

Whether we like it or not, this case has sparked a new era of lying and deceit in our sport that has been going on in other (larger) sports for decades. Everyone that is a "sports enthusiast" outside of motocross knew this day would come, I only thought it would be a few years down the line, after USADA had their bio-passport system set up.

What I'm most curious about is how the sanctioning bodies are going to respond to this.
6/24/2014 7:52am
I thought TWMX was working on an interview? I wonder if James' handlers put the brakes on that.
6/24/2014 7:58am
He doesn't need to make a personal statement, all the real fans of motocross and supercross will make it for him:

F all the haters, the begrudgers and those who take pleasure in other people's downfall.

The Shop

FARANG
6/24/2014 8:02am
His team will be be preparing very carefully before we see any glib tweets. Don't expect any sofa pics, chilling out in front of all his trophies ala Lance Armstrong.
Racer92
6/24/2014 8:05am
Xeno wrote:
Yep, silence is probably best right now.
IWreckALot
6/24/2014 8:33am
Fearo wrote:
If I had to guess I would say camp Stewart is now planning a huge case of denial and will exploit every possible angle to make...
If I had to guess I would say camp Stewart is now planning a huge case of denial and will exploit every possible angle to make sure the suspension is kept to a minimum.

Whether we like it or not, this case has sparked a new era of lying and deceit in our sport that has been going on in other (larger) sports for decades. Everyone that is a "sports enthusiast" outside of motocross knew this day would come, I only thought it would be a few years down the line, after USADA had their bio-passport system set up.

What I'm most curious about is how the sanctioning bodies are going to respond to this.
WTF? Are you saying that Adderal, that was prescribed to JS, and is legal if properly reported, has painted MX in the same light as Baseball and cycling with regards to PED's? No, you're absolutely wrong. A paperwork step was missed. Intentional or unintentional doesn't matter. Let's say it was intentional, what difference did it make in his performance if he reported it or didn't report it. Nothing. If he reported it, he'd still be allowed to take it and would still gain whatever everyone thinks the advantage would be. No illegal steroids or doping evidence were reported in his sample.

The sport is still, as far as the general public is concerned, clean. And I believe RV and RD tested clean. So there is still as much proof as before that guys are taking illegal substances to gain an advantage.
6/24/2014 8:36am
IWreckALot wrote:
WTF? Are you saying that Adderal, that was prescribed to JS, and is legal if properly reported, has painted MX in the same light as Baseball...
WTF? Are you saying that Adderal, that was prescribed to JS, and is legal if properly reported, has painted MX in the same light as Baseball and cycling with regards to PED's? No, you're absolutely wrong. A paperwork step was missed. Intentional or unintentional doesn't matter. Let's say it was intentional, what difference did it make in his performance if he reported it or didn't report it. Nothing. If he reported it, he'd still be allowed to take it and would still gain whatever everyone thinks the advantage would be. No illegal steroids or doping evidence were reported in his sample.

The sport is still, as far as the general public is concerned, clean. And I believe RV and RD tested clean. So there is still as much proof as before that guys are taking illegal substances to gain an advantage.
I think it's a myth that "a paperwork step" was missed. The TUE process is absolutely more elaborate than that.

I have no idea where this rumor started.
IceMan446
6/24/2014 8:41am
Posted two hours ago. Here is the personal statement.

IceMan446
6/24/2014 8:42am
TripleFive wrote:
I think it's a myth that "a paperwork step" was missed. The TUE process is absolutely more elaborate than that. I have no idea where this...
I think it's a myth that "a paperwork step" was missed. The TUE process is absolutely more elaborate than that.

I have no idea where this rumor started.
Do you know the entire TUE process?

If you do, elaborate on it.
peelout
6/24/2014 8:43am
i've been digging the Seven gear this year, but that stuff is horrible
FARANG
6/24/2014 8:44am
Fearo wrote:
If I had to guess I would say camp Stewart is now planning a huge case of denial and will exploit every possible angle to make...

IWreckALot wrote:
WTF? Are you saying that Adderal, that was prescribed to JS, and is legal if properly reported, has painted MX in the same light as Baseball...

1. He tested positive for amphetamine.
2. It's banned
3. He didn't report it or get approval prior to the test

Once you remove the emotion, it's not a difficult case to reach a conclusion. People have been crying out for testing for years and finally someone gets caught and everyone goes crazy with excuses. I doubt he's the only one, but he's been caught. If they let him off then they may as well stop testing.

newmann
6/24/2014 8:51am
Xeno wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
Yep, silence is probably best right now.
Yes and no. He is more than just a racer on a team, he is his own brand. Seven Racing? He was also his own team owner a while back as well as the whole JS7 Entertainment deal he had going with Bubba's World. He's probably the only guy in the sport who could have pulled all that off at this level. I remember his logo plastered on the side of a jet once if I'm not mistaken. On Bubba's World, Big James was sitting there watching the guys washing his vehicles commenting that they have 20 plus people on the payroll to take care of all things JS7 related. Yet no one looking out for the well being of their source of income? From the couch, it all looks fairly trivial and easily avoidable had a simple piece of paperwork been filed in a timely manner. Someone dropped the ball.
Racer111
6/24/2014 8:54am
Fearo wrote:

I love how you just assume everyone is a liar and cheater.
IceMan446
6/24/2014 8:55am
TripleFive wrote:
This literally took five seconds.

Q&A on Therapeutic Use Exemptions

There is a process.

But not as difficult as you are making it seem.

Thanks for the link.

Straight from their website

How can an athlete apply for a TUE?

The process for an athlete to apply for a TUE is fairly simple. Each athlete must:
Contact his or her International Federation (IF) or National Anti-Doping Organization (NADO) (whichever applies) and ask for the TUE Application process. Applications are usually submitted through ADAMS or using a paper form.
Have his or her physician fill out the TUE Application form and produce the required supporting documentation and forward it to the IF or NADO (whichever applies). Athletes should remember that according to the International Standard for TUEs, the TUE Application should be submitted at least 30 days before participating in an event.
Tips on applying for a TUE
Complete the form through ADAMS, or by typing (if possible) or hand written in block capital letters. If the form is not legible, it is deemed incomplete and will be returned to the athlete.
If faxing the form, ensure that you include all the required documentation and keep a copy of the request as well as a record of the transmission or acknowledgement of receipt.

6/24/2014 8:55am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
He doesn't need to make a personal statement, all the real fans of motocross and supercross will make it for him: F all the haters, the...
He doesn't need to make a personal statement, all the real fans of motocross and supercross will make it for him:

F all the haters, the begrudgers and those who take pleasure in other people's downfall.

"F all the haters, the begrudgers and those who take pleasure in other people's downfall."

Agreed. You can always tell the really fkn pathetic losers. They are the ones that are crowing the loudest at others problems.
6/24/2014 8:59am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 9:02am
IceMan446 wrote:
There is a process. But not as difficult as you are making it seem. Thanks for the link. Straight from their website [i]How can an athlete...
There is a process.

Thanks for the link.

The process for an athlete to apply for a TUE is fairly simple. Each athlete must:
Contact his or her International Federation (IF) or National Anti-Doping Organization (NADO) (whichever applies) and ask for the TUE Application process. Applications are usually submitted through ADAMS or using a paper form.
Have his or her physician fill out the TUE Application form and produce the required supporting documentation and forward it to the IF or NADO (whichever applies). Athletes should remember that according to the International Standard for TUEs, the TUE Application should be submitted at least 30 days before participating in an event.
Complete the form through ADAMS, or by typing (if possible) or hand written in block capital letters. If the form is not legible, it is deemed incomplete and will be returned to the athlete.
If faxing the form, ensure that you include all the required documentation and keep a copy of the request as well as a record of the transmission or acknowledgement of receipt.

You're forgetting about the part where the application is reviewed by a panel of three independent physicians and must be convinced that "the athlete would experience significant health problems without taking the prohibited substance or method, the therapeutic use of the substance would not produce significant enhancement of performance, and, there is no reasonable therapeutic alternative to the use of the otherwise prohibited substance or method." A lot more elaborate than simply filing paperwork.
6/24/2014 9:02am
Big Lenny wrote:
Looks like a paperwork issue to me, you act like it was the crime of the century...
For some reason your ignorance is captivating.

I have't made any grand proclamations about what has happened or what should be done. You, on the other hand are defending James like you're his attorney when you, like everyone else here, has no freaking idea what happened.
IceMan446
6/24/2014 9:04am
TripleFive wrote:
You're forgetting about the part where the application is reviewed by a panel of three independent physicians and must be convinced that "the athlete would experience...
You're forgetting about the part where the application is reviewed by a panel of three independent physicians and must be convinced that "the athlete would experience significant health problems without taking the prohibited substance or method, the therapeutic use of the substance would not produce significant enhancement of performance, and, there is no reasonable therapeutic alternative to the use of the otherwise prohibited substance or method." A lot more elaborate than simply filing paperwork.
You are forgetting the panel of physicians have already approved other riders for the same medication. Its not a brand new medication just for James.

If they felt a rider would gain a significant advantage, no rider would have it.

Why would it be any different for him???

It wouldn't it be.

Provided his doctor gave them the necessary paper work, it would take the time the normal process would take but it wouldnt be an issue of getting it approved.
6/24/2014 9:06am
Fearo wrote:

Do you even know what yoir talking about?

Aye~
4stroke4DWIN
6/24/2014 9:07am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 9:08am
I'm a Stewart fan thru and thru, I don't post a bunch of fantard stuff about him ever I keep it to myself. One thing this whole thing has shown me is that people will go out of there way to research facts, speculation ect just to prove a point that he needs go. Of course I want him to get a hall pass but another part of me wouldn't be bothered if he put his middle fingers in the air with a big fuck you says "I didn't take pills to cheat" and walks off into the sunset.

I'm a Dungey fan and Kroc, but watching Dungey chase Kroc around all yr without pulling the trigger is gonna make for a boring series.
6/24/2014 9:08am
IceMan446 wrote:
There is a process. But not as difficult as you are making it seem. Thanks for the link. Straight from their website [i]How can an athlete...
There is a process.

Thanks for the link.

TripleFive wrote:
You're forgetting about the part where the application is reviewed by a panel of three independent physicians and must be convinced that "the athlete would experience...
Where do you get your info from?

Cause your wrong about the process, but keep trying
zehn
6/24/2014 9:12am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 9:12am
TripleFive wrote:
Not from the athlete's perspective. You're confusing the WADA side of things with the athlete's.
Zracer
6/24/2014 9:13am
TripleFive wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
You are forgetting the panel of physicians have already approved other riders for the same medication. Its not a brand new medication just for James. If...
You are forgetting the panel of physicians have already approved other riders for the same medication. Its not a brand new medication just for James.

If they felt a rider would gain a significant advantage, no rider would have it.

It wouldn't it be.

Provided his doctor gave them the necessary paper work, it would take the time the normal process would take but it wouldnt be an issue of getting it approved.
Which current AMA riders have been approved for Adderall?
6/24/2014 9:16am
That will never be disclosed to the public. Anyone telling you different is on something themselves....
6/24/2014 9:17am
zehn wrote:
Not from the athlete's perspective. You're confusing the WADA side of things with the athlete's.
From the athlete's perspective the entire process must be complete before he can compete. Let's say James applied and was denied, was this his fault?
6/24/2014 9:18am
IceMan446 wrote:
You are forgetting the panel of physicians have already approved other riders for the same medication. Its not a brand new medication just for James. If...

It wouldn't it be.

I guess my biggest problem with this forum is the tendency of people to state rumors as if they are factual.

Can you point to one single individual in this sport that has been granted a TUE for Adderall?

Post a reply to: JS7 Personal Statement?

The Latest