JS7 Out For Indy

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 8/16/2014 7:27am
|
HenryJ77
8/15/2014 1:27am
A STATEMENT FROM YOSHIMURA SUZUKI’S JAMES STEWART

CHINO, CA (August 14, 2014) – Please see the following statement from Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s James Stewart . . .
“Hey guys. It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to talk to you all so I wanted to get you up to speed on what’s been going on. This year has been incredibly up and down with the highest of highs and lowest of lows for the team and me. I finally felt things were going our way after decent results in Colorado and then the sweep at High Point. After that it’s been one frustration followed by another – tough luck in Tennessee and it just seemed to get worse every weekend, from Redbud to Budds to finally Millville where I wasn’t even able to start the second moto and had to pull out.
“It took a few weeks after Millville to recover and get back up to speed but finally I feel like I can be out in front again. I feel great on my RM-Z and want to race. Unfortunately the whole situation with my medical condition and the process has far exceeded how long we thought it would take.
“As of today, I’m still not in the position to be able to race. It’s frustrating to me cause that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. The situation is so complicated and like I said, it’s taking a lot longer to get through the process than I ever expected. I feel like I’ve let a lot of people down – my fans, my family, my team, my sponsors – they are all so important to me cause they’re my life. And racing is my life.
“I’m hoping I can at least get out there and catch the last round in Utah. I’m bummed to miss Indiana with the new track and all. It’s no fun watching these things from home when I know I should be on the bike and out there with my team and fans. I’m hoping for the best.”
Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next race will be round 12 of the 2014 AMA Pro Motocross Championships on Saturday, August 23th, at the Utah National in Tooele, UT.
plowboy
8/15/2014 1:35am
Hope he can get things straightened out. I miss seeing him out there.
nytsmaC
8/15/2014 2:47am
So is he recovering from an injury/health issue, or is the issue really complications related to the failed drug test that he 's trying to get sorted out?
Fraser
8/15/2014 3:02am
"Unfortunately the whole situation with my medical condition and the process has far exceeded how long we thought it would take."

Guess you can read that however you like, but to me it sounds like he's talking about the alleged medical condition that led to the failed amphetamine test, and the 'process' is the appeal, B sample test, suspension etc. He wants to ride, but as it suggested in one of the many JS posts, maybe someone high up at Suzuki wants the entire drug thing over with before he rides again?

Glad he's talking again, but a bit less ambiguity and a few facts wouldn't go a miss.

The Shop

Ash124
8/15/2014 3:08am
I'm guessing this is referring to the whole WADA deal.

I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy. At some level all of us nut-cases are just kids that love to ride our dirt bikes.
JQ
8/15/2014 4:34am
He was tested at Lakewood and the results have been sent out, as some 250 riders "cleared their names" by posting them. The results aren't published, that's up to the rider. Looks like, as expected, JS7 also failed the Lakewood tests, as would be expected since it is an ongoing medical condition. This would mean he is suspended from racing.

Maybe the statement is just a better way of saying that.

If it is the case, I really hope he is not suspended for 2 years or something like that. What a way to end a great career. Then again, look at other sports, happens all the time.
nytsmaC
8/15/2014 5:04am
JQ wrote:
He was tested at Lakewood and the results have been sent out, as some 250 riders "cleared their names" by posting them. The results aren't published...
He was tested at Lakewood and the results have been sent out, as some 250 riders "cleared their names" by posting them. The results aren't published, that's up to the rider. Looks like, as expected, JS7 also failed the Lakewood tests, as would be expected since it is an ongoing medical condition. This would mean he is suspended from racing.

Maybe the statement is just a better way of saying that.

If it is the case, I really hope he is not suspended for 2 years or something like that. What a way to end a great career. Then again, look at other sports, happens all the time.
I might be mistaken but I thought it had been reported that everyone passed the Lakewood testing?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/15/2014 5:08am
nytsmaC wrote:
So is he recovering from an injury/health issue, or is the issue really complications related to the failed drug test that he 's trying to get...
So is he recovering from an injury/health issue, or is the issue really complications related to the failed drug test that he 's trying to get sorted out?
I don't know. I was more confused after reading that.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/15/2014 5:14am
nytsmaC wrote:
I might be mistaken but I thought it had been reported that everyone passed the Lakewood testing?
There's a difference between "passed" and "no cause for action," which is what I believe the USADA statement said. In James' case, I believe it's because it's a first-year program for the outdoor series. He's apparently filed the necessary paperwork to be okay for this year, but it's something less than a full TUE.
Crush
8/15/2014 5:18am
nytsmaC wrote:
GuyB wrote:
There's a difference between "passed" and "no cause for action," which is what I believe the USADA statement said. In James' case, I believe it's because...
There's a difference between "passed" and "no cause for action," which is what I believe the USADA statement said. In James' case, I believe it's because it's a first-year program for the outdoor series. He's apparently filed the necessary paperwork to be okay for this year, but it's something less than a full TUE.
Weege had also said that once you test positive, all other results are null until that first case is sorted. So because the time it takes, in theory if they tested every round you could get 10 positives before you knew there was a problem.
Fraser
8/15/2014 5:38am
Still no mention of a penalty or result from the B test?

http://www.fim-live.com/en/media/press-release/

I thought they'd have come out with something by now. The original PR was June 20th, which was 8 weeks ago.

'Mr Stewart has the right to request and attend the analysis of his B sample',

Would that really take 8 weeks? What the hell is going on? I wish the FIM or WADA would clarify, even if JS and Yoshimura refuse to.
Lightning78
8/15/2014 5:49am
Fraser wrote:
"Unfortunately the whole situation with my medical condition and the process has far exceeded how long we thought it would take." Guess you can read that...
"Unfortunately the whole situation with my medical condition and the process has far exceeded how long we thought it would take."

Guess you can read that however you like, but to me it sounds like he's talking about the alleged medical condition that led to the failed amphetamine test, and the 'process' is the appeal, B sample test, suspension etc. He wants to ride, but as it suggested in one of the many JS posts, maybe someone high up at Suzuki wants the entire drug thing over with before he rides again?

Glad he's talking again, but a bit less ambiguity and a few facts wouldn't go a miss.
Dude Im a James Stewart fan all the way and a PR like this is so fustrating!!!!....WTF?????? I really dislike this side of the sport for its blatant lack of professionalism when it comes to explaining/disclosing issues I mean they dont have to get down to personal stuff but at least something to give an idea about whats going on because, I hate to say it but look at what Reed did and how well received he was from the fans after he started to become brutally honest. We all know James is dealing with SOMETHING but his PR's are so grossly overwritten and say absolutely nothing:

"Do not use a cannon to kill a mosquito.".....yes they do say that haha

-- Confucius

This explains exactly what I mean, not sure wrote this but im pretty confident it was not James. Malcolm was EASILY able to tell us about the dehydration issue (I forget the name of it)
nytsmaC
8/15/2014 6:13am
As a fan, it is frustrating to be left to guess what he's sidelined with. It seems very unusual. If he can't talk about it because it's a legal matter just say so. He must know that everyone is puzzled by the shroud of secrecy. Why not be at least somewhat forthcoming to appease the fans and maybe squash some of the rumors?
newmann
8/15/2014 6:22am
nytsmaC wrote:
So is he recovering from an injury/health issue, or is the issue really complications related to the failed drug test that he 's trying to get...
None of our business. How dare you even ask.

Wink
Fraser
8/15/2014 6:24am
nytsmaC wrote:
As a fan, it is frustrating to be left to guess what he's sidelined with. It seems very unusual. If he can't talk about it because...
As a fan, it is frustrating to be left to guess what he's sidelined with. It seems very unusual. If he can't talk about it because it's a legal matter just say so. He must know that everyone is puzzled by the shroud of secrecy. Why not be at least somewhat forthcoming to appease the fans and maybe squash some of the rumors?
Exactly.

He could have said ' I'm not fit to ride due to health issues which have nothing to do with my failed drug test'. Or maybe 'I still can't ride due to legal issues surrounding my failed drug test'. Both of which would have been more useful than yesterday's statement, which told us NOTHING.

I'm sure he feels bad if he's being advised to say nothing at the moment, and putting that statement out maybe shows he's not forgotten his fans. I get that, but you need to say something honest about the situation surely. Otherwise its no better than saying nothing at all
brocsdad
8/15/2014 6:43am
Maybe since James tested positive he is not allowed to take the medication? If he truly needs that would be a problem or he is suffering some sort of withdrawals?

I don’t understand why he didn’t inform WADA of the meds he was taking in the first place?

It’s confusing but hopefully it’s all worked out before A1.
nytsmaC
8/15/2014 6:48am
newmann wrote:

Wink
That's the feeling we seem to keep getting left with and as time passes by I care less and less.tired of trying to figure it out, it's just too bizarre.
tiddlermx23
8/15/2014 6:55am
“As of today, I’m still not in the position to be able to race. It’s frustrating to me cause that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do WITH the exception of 09-12. I just wanted to film my reality series and run part time those years. "

Fixed that for him. I like Stewart but I still say those years off the bike have had long term effects on his career in the long run. Hope all the best for him and his health and to get this shit sorted out and come back strong next year because he doesn't have many if any years left especially if these bans go through..

mauidex
8/15/2014 7:07am
anyone want to give the odds of him racing at Utah??!??!??!?!
Overdrive
8/15/2014 7:19am
He is provisionally suspended, he is not going to race again until he is sure he isn't going to be stripped of the points. Why go out and risk an injury for nothing.

We will not see him again this year and probably not next year.

The suspension is not a slap on the wrist, its the real deal. He tried to come out and race but it messed with his head and he is correct in sitting things out until he finds out what the final ruling is. I am sorry to say I think he is done racing and he will retire.

Maybe he races Utah as a farewell race. Really does suck losing him this way.
davistld01
8/15/2014 7:23am
nytsmaC wrote:
newmann wrote:

Wink
But, you know...it really isn't our business. He's a grown man, and is going through some issues right now, and he doesn't owe anybody a full explanation. Heck, he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't in a lot of peoples eyes...and a lot of them around here. It's pretty much public knowledge that he failed the tests, but it's not up to him to disclose minute by minute reports on his life to you, me or anybody. Sure, I'd like to know...but it's his business and his right to tell or not.
8/15/2014 7:25am
“As of today, I’m still not in the position to be able to race. It’s frustrating to me cause that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do...
“As of today, I’m still not in the position to be able to race. It’s frustrating to me cause that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do WITH the exception of 09-12. I just wanted to film my reality series and run part time those years. "

Fixed that for him. I like Stewart but I still say those years off the bike have had long term effects on his career in the long run. Hope all the best for him and his health and to get this shit sorted out and come back strong next year because he doesn't have many if any years left especially if these bans go through..

Did you purposely misspell "LIVIN'" in your signature logo?
kawasa84
8/15/2014 7:28am
“As of today, I’m still not in the position to be able to race. It’s frustrating to me cause that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do...

With Dungey being the exception, not the rule, the last big 4 past champions in the big bike class, via Stewart, Reed, Villopoto, and Dungey, the other 3 have missed more outdoor 450 seasons than I can currently think of.
Help me out with these as you call them. "part-time" racers. Reed took off around 3 season. Villopoto by way of injury or choice has taken off what? 4 seasons. Stewart, 3 seasons. Seems to be the norm.
davistld01
8/15/2014 7:31am
Like brocsdad brought up...and I'm sure lots have considered is, that perhaps the dizziness and all that he suffered the last race and the reasons that he's having problems now is due to him not taking the Adderall which was obviously being prescribed and taken to assist in a very real attention disorder.
hillbilly
8/15/2014 7:32am
mauidex wrote:
anyone want to give the odds of him racing at Utah??!??!??!?!
He wont be there but I'd think they wait till last minute so fans that come to see him are already committed and have tickets.

Maybe not but looking at attendance of that race last year they need all the help they can get.
newmann
8/15/2014 7:32am
nytsmaC wrote:
newmann wrote:

Wink
davistld01 wrote:
But, you know...it really isn't our business. He's a grown man, and is going through some issues right now, and he doesn't owe anybody a full...
But, you know...it really isn't our business. He's a grown man, and is going through some issues right now, and he doesn't owe anybody a full explanation. Heck, he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't in a lot of peoples eyes...and a lot of them around here. It's pretty much public knowledge that he failed the tests, but it's not up to him to disclose minute by minute reports on his life to you, me or anybody. Sure, I'd like to know...but it's his business and his right to tell or not.
All the more reason that no team should ever invest all of their efforts into one rider ever again.

As much as I hate to see riders get shit on by the teams and forgotten so quickly I hate to see the same for the teams. James demands special treatment, all the money and everyone's full attention. And now they are all left standing around with their dicks in their hand. They should have a second rider that they are promoting the hell out of right now.
davistld01
8/15/2014 7:37am
newmann wrote:

Wink
davistld01 wrote:
But, you know...it really isn't our business. He's a grown man, and is going through some issues right now, and he doesn't owe anybody a full...
newmann wrote:
All the more reason that no team should ever invest all of their efforts into one rider ever again. As much as I hate to see...
All the more reason that no team should ever invest all of their efforts into one rider ever again.

As much as I hate to see riders get shit on by the teams and forgotten so quickly I hate to see the same for the teams. James demands special treatment, all the money and everyone's full attention. And now they are all left standing around with their dicks in their hand. They should have a second rider that they are promoting the hell out of right now.
If Suzuki had the money to hire another rider of championship caliber, I'm quite sure James would have a teammate. With all the money they're investing in RCH I doubt seriously that they can pony up.

Post a reply to: JS7 Out For Indy

The Latest