JLaw Racing Closes doors

jrfst5
5/26/2010 2:08pm
What is the deal with the JLaw racing rig - I saw Hambone and GL racing out of it at Hangtown, are they still going to use the rig?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
5/26/2010 2:26pm
Regis is 100% correct. When Jason wants it, Jason will have it.
IceMan446
5/26/2010 2:27pm
j100 wrote:
sucks for Jason and Scott. I know Scott put a lot into that team and it really sucks for our sport that Jason and the team...
sucks for Jason and Scott.

I know Scott put a lot into that team and it really sucks for our sport that Jason and the team are out.

we need the JLaws in our sport. otherwise, we have a bunch of Andrew Shorts. Andrew is a super nice kid, but boring as hell.
bents wrote:
They fucked it up plain and simple. I'll take a gate full of guys like Andrew Short for our sport any day. Clean harding working kid...
They fucked it up plain and simple. I'll take a gate full of guys like Andrew Short for our sport any day. Clean harding working kid, wife, family. Ain't that America? Remember seeing his face on the back of the medic mule after he crashed in SX? He CARES. He is a PROFESSIONAL. And I hope Honda re signs him. He deserves it. Works his ass off.
DoctorJD wrote:
X2 It doesn't suck one bit when a multi-time loser like J-Law, yet again, fails the sport and his (lemming) fans. What the hell has the...
X2
It doesn't suck one bit when a multi-time loser like J-Law, yet again, fails the sport and his (lemming) fans. What the hell has the sport lost? Give me guys like Shorty that actually work their butts off and CARE about the sport. Hell, give me the guys working out of the back of a van that scrap to make a living racing. Boring? Just dayum.
I agree with some of what is said here. But ten years from now jlaw will be on the record books as having won a championship. Short won't have an X in that column. Now will people talk about Short as one of the nicest guys out there, sure. But everyones dream and goal is to get a championship, just one. Ask Ferry about that.
flarider
5/26/2010 3:01pm
There been a press release from his management yet?

The Shop

Flatliner
5/26/2010 3:13pm
The only problem is that even if right this second he decides, "ok i'm going to work hard and give it all I have for 2011 sx", there are new, hungry fast guys who want that spot too. The older you get the harder it is.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
5/26/2010 3:23pm
j100 wrote:
sucks for Jason and Scott. I know Scott put a lot into that team and it really sucks for our sport that Jason and the team...
sucks for Jason and Scott.

I know Scott put a lot into that team and it really sucks for our sport that Jason and the team are out.

we need the JLaws in our sport. otherwise, we have a bunch of Andrew Shorts. Andrew is a super nice kid, but boring as hell.
bents wrote:
They fucked it up plain and simple. I'll take a gate full of guys like Andrew Short for our sport any day. Clean harding working kid...
They fucked it up plain and simple. I'll take a gate full of guys like Andrew Short for our sport any day. Clean harding working kid, wife, family. Ain't that America? Remember seeing his face on the back of the medic mule after he crashed in SX? He CARES. He is a PROFESSIONAL. And I hope Honda re signs him. He deserves it. Works his ass off.
DoctorJD wrote:
X2 It doesn't suck one bit when a multi-time loser like J-Law, yet again, fails the sport and his (lemming) fans. What the hell has the...
X2
It doesn't suck one bit when a multi-time loser like J-Law, yet again, fails the sport and his (lemming) fans. What the hell has the sport lost? Give me guys like Shorty that actually work their butts off and CARE about the sport. Hell, give me the guys working out of the back of a van that scrap to make a living racing. Boring? Just dayum.
DoctorJD.....and just how do you know that Lawrence didn't work hard, and didn't care? Do you know him personally? Has he told you that he doesn't care?

I say let the man be...he'll figure out what he wants to do....and if it's MX/SX he'll find a way to be there, and he might even do well. But that's only if he wants it.
MISFIT442
5/26/2010 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 8:40pm
rileymx wrote:
you kids are really funny........ all shull and tatoos, coolest bad ass thing around........but all on the image side...nothing more then bull shit talk.....!!!!!! mx is...
you kids are really funny........
all shull and tatoos, coolest bad ass thing around........but all on the image side...nothing more then bull shit talk.....!!!!!!
mx is the real thing kid......its not make belive i'm bad like you do here typing
j-law is gone cuz he didn't had the balls to do what is mouth was talking, like most bad ass coolest guys in this sport.....they all end up dressing up all bad and doing some jumps for fans like you.....kind like those weekend warriers on harleys or those really bad ass guys from wwe........
lucky for hanny that got that in time, droped the shit and got his life straight again.......
all you can do is come here and insult the others .....behind your screan of corse....!!!!!!!!
easy to be tough that way isnt it...?????
ill bet you cant even ride a bike........
dream on kid.....and keep feeling bad as behind the screan with a fake name.....you doing good....!!!!!!!!
DoctorJD
5/26/2010 4:04pm
bents wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
X2
DoctorJD.....and just how do you know that Lawrence didn't work hard, and didn't care? Do you know him personally? Has he told you that he doesn't...
DoctorJD.....and just how do you know that Lawrence didn't work hard, and didn't care? Do you know him personally? Has he told you that he doesn't care?

I say let the man be...he'll figure out what he wants to do....and if it's MX/SX he'll find a way to be there, and he might even do well. But that's only if he wants it.
How can you look at this trainwreck and think otherwise?

motodog621
5/26/2010 8:49pm
Saw Langston riding at Pala today, looked like the same bike as Hangtown...
BIGHEAD1
5/26/2010 9:19pm
WORCSracer...

If we don't need him in this sport than why are there 3-5 threads every week about him? Everyone loves an underdog, and Jay is that and more. This is just a theory, but I think his fan base are people that for whatever reason relate to his imperfections and get from his performances a feeling of hope to succeed in their own right. In other words, "I am not like everyone else but I can succeed by doing things my own way"..Conforming and being professional is easy,but conforming hurts marketability and fan's passion. The human side of riders is what makes us root for them. Their personality and things we can relate to brings out our passion in the racing. Like Short crying when he broke his leg. All these guys are fast...so we need a reason to route for the riders. Jason is the guy the rejects and the kids who feel they don't fit in can latch on to. These kids/people are fiercely loyal to him because they can to relate to his problems. i.e.The stigma that comes from being different. This also pisses off conformists, who hate the fact that Jason doesn't live by the rules they do on a daily basis. THEY WANT HIM PUNISHED! These are the same people that outcast the people that are drawn to him...So basically the more you bitch, the more fans he gets.

You guys need to get it out of your head that he's EVIL or a BAD person...Absent minded sometimes and has a morbid sense of humor...would be a more rational explanation.. If anything he's a normal 20 something (Thing college kids)

He has done an equal amount of good shit as he has done bad....Donating to Magoo and the asterisk medical unit...for examples.

Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/26/2010 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2010 10:04pm
DoctorJD wrote:
X2
DoctorJD.....and just how do you know that Lawrence didn't work hard, and didn't care? Do you know him personally? Has he told you that he doesn't...

DoctorJD wrote:
How can you look at this trainwreck and think otherwise?

Yeah, I certainly can. But I guess you would have to do this as a job since you were 5, had a lot of people over the years pushing you. Nobody give me this "it's a dream job" crap. sometimes it is and sometimes like any other job you don't want to go do it.

It's like your favorite food, if you HAD to eat it everyday sometimes it becomes old and not interesting. It has happened to so many greats in the past. Bayle, Bradshaw, KW,

How many here have done the same thing since they were kids full time, week in and week out and can say you haven;t got burnt out on it?

just this past Sunday I was so motivated to go to work on Monday and now I am contemplating calling in sick tomorrow (j/k) but you get my point,

MX isn't the end of the world.

Jlaw, thanks for the great times if you truly are done. You were never my favorite rider, you did some things that made me think you were a dipshit but you certainly made me get online and watch races because I couldn't wait to see what happened. Hopefully this is just burn out and we will see you again, if it isn;t and is more serious get some help man, there is so much more to life than your job and living up to fair weather fans. On the internet you're only as good as your last race, in real life... THAT ISN'T TRUE.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/26/2010 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:08pm
"also, dungey has legions of fans now. and he is one of the most professionally behaved riders on the circuit. his fan's like him because he wins races, not because he is a rebel and likes to go against the system like jason lawrence does.

dungey has great marketability. his sponsors are target and nike. so your whole point about marketability is incorrect. can't get much bigger than that! sure j-law has/had monster as a sponsor, but then again, who doesn't monster sponsor these days?"

The same can be said for Jlaw. I bet the Metal Mulisha has more fans than Dungey does. Good VS. Evil

a question for all you haters,

Why can't people like Jlaw AND Dungey? (I do) Why can't some like Jlaw and but understand and respect how have a guy like Andrew Short works?

Why is it either or with you guys?

AND FYI, the pictures above look like 90% of the typical fans back east at Red Bud on 4th of July. Or Glen Helen in May. Believe it or not, nationals don't consist of the Ward Cleaver and his family. If you want Ward Cleaver and his family, go to X games, true story.... they will be lined up trying to buy a Rockstar Metal Mulisha hat. Funniest thing I have ever witnessed.
BIGHEAD1
5/26/2010 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:08pm
Who is actually a Dungey fan? I have never met one...Everyone bags on the dude for being boring or they are upset that he is actually winning races. It doesn't help that his competition hands him wins. People want him to lose because he is too conformist and conservative I was standing in the concession line at a track and a group of kids were making fun of a kid because he wanted Dungey to win. That mentallity is everywhere..I don't really like the guy...he doesn't have a personality. He's a good rider...and...well..that's about it. He makes Jeff Stanton look like Richard Simmons.

Having sponsors and selling product are two different things. Dungey has Target as a sponsor because a family friend is a higher up there. I don't know about Nike...Here's an example When I wore a "Free J-law" Shirt..I literally had a mini dad offer me $100 if I could get him one for his kid....
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/26/2010 9:58pm
BIGHEAD1 wrote:
Who is actually a Dungey fan? I have never met one...Everyone bags on the dude for being boring or they are upset that he is actually...
Who is actually a Dungey fan? I have never met one...Everyone bags on the dude for being boring or they are upset that he is actually winning races. It doesn't help that his competition hands him wins. People want him to lose because he is too conformist and conservative I was standing in the concession line at a track and a group of kids were making fun of a kid because he wanted Dungey to win. That mentallity is everywhere..I don't really like the guy...he doesn't have a personality. He's a good rider...and...well..that's about it. He makes Jeff Stanton look like Richard Simmons.

Having sponsors and selling product are two different things. Dungey has Target as a sponsor because a family friend is a higher up there. I don't know about Nike...Here's an example When I wore a "Free J-law" Shirt..I literally had a mini dad offer me $100 if I could get him one for his kid....
If you like MX, then a part of you has to respect and admire Dungey's work ethic and riding ability. you may not like his personality but there is so much to like.

It is good VS. evil and that is what everyone including our sport needs. You haven't seen multiple page threads on here about how great Dungey ran his 12 miles training yesterday. But If Jlaw farts and it stinks - 4 page minimum.
mcphilly
5/26/2010 10:04pm
BIGHEAD1 wrote:
Who is actually a Dungey fan? I have never met one...Everyone bags on the dude for being boring or they are upset that he is actually...

Its official.......you know nothing Smile
JB 19
5/26/2010 10:12pm
Jason Lawrence is one guy who should just race SX and forget everything else. He could bust ass from October- December to get ready. Put in 4 honest months of racing and not partying.......and then have the summer off to get drunk and bang hot 21 year olds.

He isn't cut out for the 12 month grind. ......and I can understand that.
JB 19
5/26/2010 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2010 10:17pm
Its funny with the Dungey haters.......they say he's a square. Wasn't RC? The difference with RC is he had an edge to him. A killer instinct. If you jacked around with RC he would run you off the track.

Dungey doesn't have that "edge" yet.
Lightning78
5/27/2010 2:09am
Regis wrote:
In all the J-law threads I have dug my heels in on one thing. YOU CAN'T REPLACE TALENT ON A MOTORCYCLE. When / If Jlaw decides...
In all the J-law threads I have dug my heels in on one thing. YOU CAN'T REPLACE TALENT ON A MOTORCYCLE.

When / If Jlaw decides he wants to be a part of this sport, a ride will be available and he will do good. it's that simple. Just like Hansen. Josh wants to be a part of this sport, when for a while he didn't. He is talented and can win. Just like Hill, everyone wrote him off last year.

Think about this scenario...... Do you think having your own team can add to the pressure and stress and drive you away from the sport? I mean the rumors have been for months about the demise of the team, surely we can all see that may be a reason for the seclusion and dnf's.

I have wanted to start my own company and be my own boss a few different times. But when I think about the stresses of having emloyess, sacrificing paychecks, and just the everday stresses that come with being a business owner I get less excited about it. Honestly, knowing I am getting a paycheck and letting someone else worry about everything else feels pretty good sometimes.

Maybe I am completely wrong and the kid has major problems, even if he does though... All the bashing here should stop. He is a kid with a lot of talent who spent a lot of his own money to start his own team. Many teams have folded over the years and got a lot less heat.

Talent on a motorcycle is the hardest thing to come by, not even the hardest workers have that. Our sport is forgiving, a ride will be there if he wants to come back. Nobody knows the real reasons and an explanation isn't "owed" by anybody. It would be nice to know why but I for one just hope the kid the best, he kept racing inteesting and not so stale and I haven;t seen a vital thread about him less than a couple pages.

Sucks for GL, but he is a champion and I am sure he will be ok and Hammy just can't catch a break..... man.
100% agree................some of the so called "experts" on Jason's life on here are flat out assholes that are way too over-critical of him and his actions as of late they don't have anything trouble-wise he's caused so they start making up shit and personally bashing about as deep as they can go. I feel sorry for Jason if he reads some of the shit you jerkoff's write about him w/o even knowing him personally and 90% of you don't even live in the same state so there is no way you could know AT ALL what he is up to. It is troubling to read some of these post as if he does in fact read this i'd be pretty pissed too and don't blame him for backing away ..........guys if you don't like him or his PAST read PAST actions then DON'T CLICK ON THE GODDAM THREAD TO THROW YOUR 2 CENTS INTO IT YOU'RE NOT HIM AND NEVER WILL BE SO LET IT REST. If you're such a critic then keep it to yourself there are PLENTY of other riders to talk about and the few fans he has left don't care to read the bullshit you make up in you're head nor the opinon of how he should run his life......he won a SX lites champoinship..............hey "experts on all things JLAW" have you ever qualified for a SX or even an AMA national?....didn't think so. Angry
MISFIT442
5/27/2010 8:55am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 8:41pm
BIGHEAD1 wrote:
WORCSracer... If we don't need him in this sport than why are there 3-5 threads every week about him? Everyone loves an underdog, and Jay is...
WORCSracer...

If we don't need him in this sport than why are there 3-5 threads every week about him? Everyone loves an underdog, and Jay is that and more. This is just a theory, but I think his fan base are people that for whatever reason relate to his imperfections and get from his performances a feeling of hope to succeed in their own right. In other words, "I am not like everyone else but I can succeed by doing things my own way"..Conforming and being professional is easy,but conforming hurts marketability and fan's passion. The human side of riders is what makes us root for them. Their personality and things we can relate to brings out our passion in the racing. Like Short crying when he broke his leg. All these guys are fast...so we need a reason to route for the riders. Jason is the guy the rejects and the kids who feel they don't fit in can latch on to. These kids/people are fiercely loyal to him because they can to relate to his problems. i.e.The stigma that comes from being different. This also pisses off conformists, who hate the fact that Jason doesn't live by the rules they do on a daily basis. THEY WANT HIM PUNISHED! These are the same people that outcast the people that are drawn to him...So basically the more you bitch, the more fans he gets.

You guys need to get it out of your head that he's EVIL or a BAD person...Absent minded sometimes and has a morbid sense of humor...would be a more rational explanation.. If anything he's a normal 20 something (Thing college kids)

He has done an equal amount of good shit as he has done bad....Donating to Magoo and the asterisk medical unit...for examples.

pamoto
5/27/2010 9:28am
"If my son turns pro in sport and at one point decides he isn't into it and his heart isn't there and he had a lot of sponsors and people that had a vested interest in him I would support any decision he so chose as long as he was happy."

Are you serious? How about growing up, be an adult and fulfill your obligations. This isn't some kid racing at the local track and gets tired of it. He's a professional, how about he start acting like one. He sure screwed a lot of people who were depending on him.

JerseyFresh
5/27/2010 10:05am
Really, all you guys sound like a bunch of high school females. Let that man live and worry about yourselves motherfuckers. This is getting ridiculous. NONE of you people personally know this man, or any of his business. Talk about people growin the fuck up. Fuckin ridiculous.
yzmatt
5/27/2010 11:17am
rileymx wrote:
i guess deep down this has been waited for some time now......... that bs talk that all the publicity is good publicity is nothing more then...
i guess deep down this has been waited for some time now.........
that bs talk that all the publicity is good publicity is nothing more then bs.........
j-law burned all the bridges and made professional racing look bad, even if he had some fans thinking it was cool and bad ass to do so.........they dont know any better and it looks like he doesnt also.......
when monster bailed out i think it was the sign that it was sinking, they put their money on hanny and they were wright, in mx as cool as ou can be you have to put in the work...!!!
had him been a litle smart and he could be making lots of bucks out of that fans in fmx gigs like deegan and others do...........
MISFIT442 wrote:
A preppy nerd? With atrocious spelling and grammar like that? I think not...
IceMan446
5/27/2010 11:25am
Pilk wrote:
Racer X reporting closed doors and no ride for GL, USGP in question now for langston. Fro
twitter.
How did he screw people that were depending on him? It takes more then one person to run a team and teams are folding and pulling out a lot lately. He nor GL got results so the sponsorship money wasn't coming in. Who the hell knows how his team was being run. Everyone was saying he had some suspect people in his corner and that could have played a part on the downfall of the team. He put his money up and it didn't work out. Not entirely his fault man. You never failed at something you set out to do? Think of running a team and being a rider, its nearly impossible to do. Unless you have done it before pipe down and let shit pan out the way it will. He stepped up on more then one occasion and you can't deny his talent. I see a few people out there riding around for a check, that's a bigger let down then pulling out completely.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
5/27/2010 11:37am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:09pm
Pilk wrote:
Racer X reporting closed doors and no ride for GL, USGP in question now for langston. Fro
twitter.
Yup, I am serious. Believe it or not. Even professionals (even really good ones) just leave the game or sport they have done their whole lives when they aren't into it. I have gone to races fulfilling obligations when I didn't really want to be there and it isn't fair to anyone. The rider, sponsors, mechanics, fans...... ANYONE.

Pat Tillman left Football to go into the service, he had obligations to Arizona Cardinals
Barry Sanders left the Lions, he had obligations and millions more fans than J-law.
JMB left Honda for Europe
Bradshaw left the most lucrative contract (at the time) the sport had seen with Yamaha

I am not saying or comparing Jlaw to either of these guys but it is examples of guys just deciding they want to do something else, their heart wasn't into what they had done their whole lives.

we don't even know the real reason that the team folded, maybe obligations weren't being fulfilled to him or to his team? Maybe we will know, maybe he is a dipshit, maybe he was forced to stop... I am sure people know just aren't saying. Regardless, hopefully we get to see him back, it moade the races and message boards more intersting

Funny how we are now discussing parenting.... haha. Jlaw is EVERYWHERE!

MISFIT442
5/27/2010 11:39am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 8:42pm
rileymx wrote:
i guess deep down this has been waited for some time now......... that bs talk that all the publicity is good publicity is nothing more then...
i guess deep down this has been waited for some time now.........
that bs talk that all the publicity is good publicity is nothing more then bs.........
j-law burned all the bridges and made professional racing look bad, even if he had some fans thinking it was cool and bad ass to do so.........they dont know any better and it looks like he doesnt also.......
when monster bailed out i think it was the sign that it was sinking, they put their money on hanny and they were wright, in mx as cool as ou can be you have to put in the work...!!!
had him been a litle smart and he could be making lots of bucks out of that fans in fmx gigs like deegan and others do...........
MISFIT442 wrote:
yzmatt wrote:
A preppy nerd? With atrocious spelling and grammar like that? I think not...
500guy
5/27/2010 12:40pm
I am sure people know just aren't saying.

And this is why wild speculation happens, it's a big we want everyone to talk about us but we are not saying what the real deal is because it's to much Jerry Springerish for common folk to understand.
5/27/2010 1:52pm
It's so funny when people say "if you don't know him, don't comment on him"-- or "you are a squid compared to him.:"
I am not a J-Law hater- but come on...the guy is a professional athlete that lives (or lived) in the limelight. OF COURSE people are going to have an opinion. Especially about a guy that generates so much publicity with all the stunts he pulls.

I also hear riders talking about fans that "don't ride" etc. So what? Do football fans go out and put on pads? Do boxing fans train and fight in the ring? Of course not....that doesn't mean they can't have an opinion.
Masonry
5/27/2010 1:57pm
It's so funny when people say "if you don't know him, don't comment on him"-- or "you are a squid compared to him.:" I am not...
It's so funny when people say "if you don't know him, don't comment on him"-- or "you are a squid compared to him.:"
I am not a J-Law hater- but come on...the guy is a professional athlete that lives (or lived) in the limelight. OF COURSE people are going to have an opinion. Especially about a guy that generates so much publicity with all the stunts he pulls.

I also hear riders talking about fans that "don't ride" etc. So what? Do football fans go out and put on pads? Do boxing fans train and fight in the ring? Of course not....that doesn't mean they can't have an opinion.
What stunts has he pulled recently? He is having trouble finding his drive do what is required to be a professional racer. I am not going to sit here and rip on him for that. He obviously is worried about other things. I just question the pure hate that comes out of some of you about this guy when his actions don't have much of an effect on them personally.
pamoto
5/27/2010 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:09pm
Pat Tillman turned down the contract and joined the Army.

Barry Sanders retired early and was sued by the team and the team won millions. He had a contract and didn't fulfill his obligations.

Jason quits and gets trashed a little bit on message board. Why constantly give this guy so much slack and why have no tolerance for negative appraisals of the situation. Instead of looking at this in an emotional way, look at in a business way. That's my point.

Trip
5/27/2010 2:26pm
Can I have your autograph Regis???

Post a reply to: JLaw Racing Closes doors

The Latest