JH84 on Webb

ajv#26
"MXlarge: Cooper Webb has spoken of his respect for you, and that should be a nice battle in Charlotte next weekend. What is your opinion on it?

Herlings: I don’t know him, but when I see the guy, he is like me, he wants to win, he just wants to win, so we are similar in that. I think it’s going to be really interesting, I have a lot of respect for him and I think he is man enough and adult enough to know I have a championship on the line, so I think he will respect that. I have big respect for him, a supercross and motocross championship this year and a person like that will have enough brains to not do anything silly and hopefully we can both get a good start and just race head to head."
|
RG1
8/29/2016 1:28am
To be honest I really don't think Herlings will care what happens as long as he leaves Charlotte with the title.
agn5009
8/29/2016 2:19am
RG1 wrote:
To be honest I really don't think Herlings will care what happens as long as he leaves Charlotte with the title.
You really don't think he would love to beat Webb, the AMA MX champion, straight up? Really?
Bearuno
8/29/2016 2:32am
RG1 wrote:
I'd say that is so, after his last, almost, 3 years of losing titles through injury.

Make sure he exits Charlotte with more than 50 points over Seewer. That's what counts.

Then, perhaps take a few more risks at Glen Helen. But, of course, we'll have the "excuses" trogs turn up here shortly.

It would be interesting if he wrapped it up (and that's No forgone conclusion, he could axe himself at any time , as he has done so before) and debuted on the 450 at Glen Helen (his debut in MXGP) . I think that's what Cairoli (in a last round?) did many years ago, in 2008?????

And, for those that are still bleating about Herlings gesticulating to Prado (from the same source) :

" MXlarge: Jorge was at times a little ruthless in his blocking. I noticed when you passed him you made some sort of hand signal to him. What was that?

Herlings: I just points to my brain, I was 15 once as well, so I knew he was racing like living and dying situation and I could see he was getting tired and he was taking risk and going for the moto win. I know him really well and he has told me he is a big fan of mine, but I could see he was making a lot of mistakes, so I just told him to use his brain. I passed him, but then two turns later he passed me back, but I could see he was knackered, I mean he is only 15. I have had some serious accidents in my life, but I was also 15 once and I know how that is. On the finish line jump there was some serious deep ruts and he was just taking the risk there. I am at the point I have a championship on the line and as you get older you get really calm."

Yet, so many bleating about the hand gestures would tend to love things like Hannah 'flipping the bird' to Howerton, decades ago.

It's blokes just being in the heat of the moment, and reacting. It's not like they reached for a gun and blew the others brains out..........................

I'm no 'Fan Boi' of Herlings - he's often come across (to me) as a bit of a Twat ( Webb too) - well, most riders do at times. But shit, the 'butt hurt' that so many show over this fellow, really points to personal problems with the 'butt hurt' ones, I reckon. He's just a fast motorcycle rider, making a shit load of money - that's all.
8/29/2016 2:51am
RG1 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
You really don't think he would love to beat Webb, the AMA MX champion, straight up? Really?
Of course he would, but as a professional racer who's living is made by winning championships Webb shouldn't even be on his radar, Seewer is the important one.

The Shop

51xc
8/29/2016 2:53am
RG1 wrote:
I agree. herlings is racing for titles and records. webb is just another name. he raced all the roczens, musquins and gajsers of this world already.
kongols
8/29/2016 3:44am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2016 3:47am
Let`s hope Herlings clinches title after moto1. All he needs to do is finish in front of Sewer. Moto2 will be no excuses.
downard254
8/29/2016 4:02am
kongols wrote:
Let`s hope Herlings clinches title after moto1. All he needs to do is finish in front of Sewer. Moto2 will be no excuses.
This right here is exactly what I was thinking.
8/29/2016 4:08am
Oh shiiii !!!!' apple dutchie is shaking in his wooden shoes

Webb respect? don't bet on it

Webb will ruin his own Moto if his Rick Flair comes out! He will shit can his own championship if revenge needs to be served on the spot etc...

Herlings has never raced a Rick Flair before

Rick Flair don't give a F

I'd be scared too

It's not like the GPs living in sandbaggers paradise , there is zero respect amongst these premier class animals!
RG1
8/29/2016 4:20am
RG1 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Oh I'm sure he would like to, no question, but the title is priority number 1, especially after not winning the last 2 years, so I don't think he'll lose any sleep if he doesn't win the overall if he wins the title. He's only got one race under his belt after a near 2 month lay off too
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
8/29/2016 4:22am
What a puss statement to make. What is Webb supposed to let him by like he expected his teammate to do? Did you see him throw his hands up to the mechanics? I guess they were supposed to tell the kid to move over for the prince. I have less and less respect for Herlings everytime he pulls these bitchy moves. I hope Webb takes him to school... Heck the 15yrd old did for several laps lol!
jemcee
8/29/2016 4:42am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
What a puss statement to make. What is Webb supposed to let him by like he expected his teammate to do? Did you see him throw...
What a puss statement to make. What is Webb supposed to let him by like he expected his teammate to do? Did you see him throw his hands up to the mechanics? I guess they were supposed to tell the kid to move over for the prince. I have less and less respect for Herlings everytime he pulls these bitchy moves. I hope Webb takes him to school... Heck the 15yrd old did for several laps lol!
I would assume he just doesn't want him to race too aggressively just to prove a point.. Would love to see the reception Herlings would get if he turned up at Unadilla with a few rounds to go with a title on the line..
And you obviously missed Bearuno's post a couple above yours with this tid bit in it

" MXlarge: Jorge was at times a little ruthless in his blocking. I noticed when you passed him you made some sort of hand signal to him. What was that? Herlings: I just points to my brain, I was 15 once as well, so I knew he was racing like living and dying situation and I could see he was getting tired and he was taking risk and going for the moto win. I know him really well and he has told me he is a big fan of mine, but I could see he was making a lot of mistakes, so I just told him to use his brain. I passed him, but then two turns later he passed me back, but I could see he was knackered, I mean he is only 15. I have had some serious accidents in my life, but I was also 15 once and I know how that is. On the finish line jump there was some serious deep ruts and he was just taking the risk there. I am at the point I have a championship on the line and as you get older you get really calm."

But nah ya prob right he's just a bitch and puss
8/29/2016 4:45am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
What a puss statement to make. What is Webb supposed to let him by like he expected his teammate to do? Did you see him throw...
I think he means he doesn't want Webb to get all heated and try to clean him out just to make a pass
machine
8/29/2016 4:48am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Totally agree..
Question
8/29/2016 4:51am
kongols wrote:
downard254 wrote:
This right here is exactly what I was thinking.

Same here, I was actually quite happy that Herlings left yesterday with more than a 75 points lead.

That will make next week's racing much more exciting, with no excuse.
JB 19
8/29/2016 4:53am
Too bad Forkner isn't racing there. The kid seems to get faster every week.
cbuehler767
8/29/2016 4:57am
jemcee wrote:
I would assume he just doesn't want him to race too aggressively just to prove a point.. Would love to see the reception Herlings would get...
I would assume he just doesn't want him to race too aggressively just to prove a point.. Would love to see the reception Herlings would get if he turned up at Unadilla with a few rounds to go with a title on the line..
And you obviously missed Bearuno's post a couple above yours with this tid bit in it

" MXlarge: Jorge was at times a little ruthless in his blocking. I noticed when you passed him you made some sort of hand signal to him. What was that? Herlings: I just points to my brain, I was 15 once as well, so I knew he was racing like living and dying situation and I could see he was getting tired and he was taking risk and going for the moto win. I know him really well and he has told me he is a big fan of mine, but I could see he was making a lot of mistakes, so I just told him to use his brain. I passed him, but then two turns later he passed me back, but I could see he was knackered, I mean he is only 15. I have had some serious accidents in my life, but I was also 15 once and I know how that is. On the finish line jump there was some serious deep ruts and he was just taking the risk there. I am at the point I have a championship on the line and as you get older you get really calm."

But nah ya prob right he's just a bitch and puss
Herlings is turning into Bubba for me. People are starting to reach so hard to find something to hate on that I'm actually gonna cheer more for the guy.
Robgvx
8/29/2016 4:57am
If I were Pit Beirer I would be instructing Herlings to wave Webb by. He's irrelevant to the job in hand and there's nothing to be gained by getting embroiled in a battle with him. Just like Webb should do if JH showed up at Webb's title-clinching national as a wild card. Get it done in Moto 1 then go after Webb in Moto 2 and at GH.
DonM
8/29/2016 5:14am
Robgvx wrote:
If I were Pit Beirer I would be instructing Herlings to wave Webb by. He's irrelevant to the job in hand and there's nothing to be...
If I were Pit Beirer I would be instructing Herlings to wave Webb by. He's irrelevant to the job in hand and there's nothing to be gained by getting embroiled in a battle with him. Just like Webb should do if JH showed up at Webb's title-clinching national as a wild card. Get it done in Moto 1 then go after Webb in Moto 2 and at GH.
Webb won't be racing a 250 at GH...
gt80rider
8/29/2016 5:15am
Ya, isn't he still like a billion points ahead in the title chase?? Doesnt he win most races by like 30 seconds??? Then... When a fellow KTM rider doesn't instantly give up the lead he starts flipping out?? Then... Before heading over here he starts kissing American ass for our riders to make it easier for him to win the title?? Wtf???
PastranaWho
8/29/2016 5:15am
kongols wrote:
Exactly! moto 1 i understand but moto 2? no excuses the 2 best 250 riders going head to head for the win. In glen helen i believe webb is riding the 450? and maybe herlings?
PastranaWho
8/29/2016 5:18am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2016 5:19am
gt80rider wrote:
Ya, isn't he still like a billion points ahead in the title chase?? Doesnt he win most races by like 30 seconds??? Then... When a fellow...
Ya, isn't he still like a billion points ahead in the title chase?? Doesnt he win most races by like 30 seconds??? Then... When a fellow KTM rider doesn't instantly give up the lead he starts flipping out?? Then... Before heading over here he starts kissing American ass for our riders to make it easier for him to win the title?? Wtf???
X1.. I hope webb takes it to him and gets him off his high horse.
kongols
8/29/2016 5:38am
Robgvx wrote:
If I were Pit Beirer I would be instructing Herlings to wave Webb by. He's irrelevant to the job in hand and there's nothing to be...
DonM wrote:
Hopefully Herlings is on 450 at GH.
SJK
8/29/2016 5:39am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2016 5:39am
DonM wrote:
Would be sweet to see both of them racing 450 at Glen Helen
kongols
8/29/2016 5:40am
Man, some of you guys can turn anything into an argument.
Yeah, it`s getting ridiculous.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/29/2016 5:41am
gt80rider wrote:
Ya, isn't he still like a billion points ahead in the title chase?? Doesnt he win most races by like 30 seconds??? Then... When a fellow...
X1.. I hope webb takes it to him and gets him off his high horse.
Yea, because Webb doesn't ride a high horse at all does he? Yea, Webb doesn't bitch when riders try to take it to him does he?

You people need to take off your blinders.
8/29/2016 5:43am
The same Euro's who say Jeffry is the best in the world now coming up with a bunch of excuses.......never would happen on vital.
kongols
8/29/2016 5:45am
UpTiTe wrote:
Yea, because Webb doesn't ride a high horse at all does he? Yea, Webb doesn't bitch when riders try to take it to him does he...
Yea, because Webb doesn't ride a high horse at all does he? Yea, Webb doesn't bitch when riders try to take it to him does he?

You people need to take off your blinders.
Week ago Webb was a bad guy. LOL
RG1
8/29/2016 5:58am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2016 5:58am
kongols wrote:
It's easy to say no excuses. But it's a lot to ask to expect Herlings to be at his best when he's only raced once since the end of June. He obviously wasn't at his best at Assen, and he probably won't be riding much if at all this week

Post a reply to: JH84 on Webb

The Latest