JGR was goofing around prior to james....

KAWboy14
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:33pm
......"This gives us a chance to be serious contenders for a Supercross and motocross championship"

i guess prior to signing james they knew they werent serious contenders?
|
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
10/27/2011 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 2:40pm
Realistically did they ever lead the series other then the first 2 rounds with Grant their first year (when JG won A1)?

Realistically have they ever had a proven BIG BIKE AMA pro SX or MX champion on board?

Now that they have James things should be looking up for them championship wise.
They should have a better shot at it,bringing on a proven champion & contender.
I think that is what they are trying to say.
HatersSuck
10/27/2011 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 2:42pm
If you don't have Dungey,RV or Stewart then you can't be realistic about being a title contending team.

JGR had to sit and wait till they could have a shot at a big gun. They got that rider now and titles will be coming there way.
KAWboy14
10/27/2011 2:43pm
thats what has killed moto for years.....gibbs at least wants a shot at winning!
Clutchy
10/27/2011 2:43pm
HatersSuck wrote:
If you don't have Dungey,RV or Stewart then you can't be realistic about being a title contending team. JGR had to sit and wait till they...
If you don't have Dungey,RV or Stewart then you can't be realistic about being a title contending team.

JGR had to sit and wait till they could have a shot at a big gun. They got that rider now and titles will be coming there way.
Are you high....? so Trey and Chad are what.... Filler..?

The Shop

BKoonts
10/27/2011 2:45pm
I can see how the statement can be taken that way but I think they meant that they now have a legitimate contender in the stable. Millsaps, Grant, Brayton, and the rest of the previous riders have never been true title contenders. I know that it sounds harsh to put it that way but, while possible, those guys would have to put forth an unbelievable performance and also have a ton of luck (other riders going out with injury) in order to win a title. Millsaps, Grant, and Brayton are incredible riders but they are just a click off of the pace when compared to the main contenders.
2whlfun
10/27/2011 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 2:54pm
JGR wasn't goofing around. They were figuring out things that worked/didn't work and getting sponsors. Basically getting their act together so they were ready to sign one of the title contenders. Jeremy Albrecht covered this concept very well in the latest RacerX podcast.
KAWboy14
10/27/2011 2:58pm
BKoonts wrote:
I can see how the statement can be taken that way but I think they meant that they now have a legitimate contender in the stable...
I can see how the statement can be taken that way but I think they meant that they now have a legitimate contender in the stable. Millsaps, Grant, Brayton, and the rest of the previous riders have never been true title contenders. I know that it sounds harsh to put it that way but, while possible, those guys would have to put forth an unbelievable performance and also have a ton of luck (other riders going out with injury) in order to win a title. Millsaps, Grant, and Brayton are incredible riders but they are just a click off of the pace when compared to the main contenders.
it doesnt sound harsh it is just the truth! JGR doesnt really like pulling up to an event and thinking "uhhhh yeah we really dont have a chance at a title".....i am happy for them and if james will listen to them, wow man that kid is in for good things in the next 10 years!
Rooster
10/27/2011 3:27pm
JGR stated from the launch of their team that they wanted to start slow and develop a great program. THEN bring in a top name rider. I'm sure they had hopes for Grant, since he's shown flashes of brilliance, but there's precious few top guys who run the pace consistently like the big 4 or 5. Grant was knocking on the door with some of his rides, but too many injuries have hampered his progress.
Pdub
10/27/2011 3:33pm
2whlfun wrote:
JGR wasn't goofing around. They were figuring out things that worked/didn't work and getting sponsors. Basically getting their act together so they were ready to sign...
JGR wasn't goofing around. They were figuring out things that worked/didn't work and getting sponsors. Basically getting their act together so they were ready to sign one of the title contenders. Jeremy Albrecht covered this concept very well in the latest RacerX podcast.
This ^
tobz
10/27/2011 3:36pm
Can't see a team like JGR goofing around. They know what they're doing.
RaceFace
10/27/2011 3:42pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
......"This gives us a chance to be serious contenders for a Supercross and motocross championship" i guess prior to signing james they knew they werent serious...
......"This gives us a chance to be serious contenders for a Supercross and motocross championship"

Interesting quote still. "This gives us a CHANCE at being serious contenders......"? Shouldn't it be "This makes us serious contenders....."?
2whlfun
10/27/2011 3:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 3:47pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
......"This gives us a chance to be serious contenders for a Supercross and motocross championship" i guess prior to signing james they knew they werent serious...

RaceFace wrote:
Interesting quote still. "This gives us a CHANCE at being serious contenders......"? Shouldn't it be "This makes us serious contenders....."?
They're just trying to keep the pressure off for as long as possible.
peelout
10/27/2011 3:52pm
HatersSuck wrote:
If you don't have Dungey,RV or Stewart then you can't be realistic about being a title contending team. JGR had to sit and wait till they...

yeah... Reed's a fucking nobody and didn't have a very legitimate shot at BOTH titles last year...
`ol Ger
10/27/2011 3:53pm
HatersSuck wrote:

Clutchy wrote:
THIS ^^^
BKoonts
10/27/2011 4:05pm
HatersSuck wrote:

Clutchy wrote:
`ol Ger wrote:
THIS ^^^
I seriously doubt that he intentionally left Reed and Canard off of the list. I'm sure he's aware that Reed and Canard are both certainly contenders.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
10/27/2011 5:06pm
HatersSuck wrote:

And so that also proves what KTM has been doing?
zippy895
10/27/2011 5:21pm
2whlfun wrote:
JGR wasn't goofing around. They were figuring out things that worked/didn't work and getting sponsors. Basically getting their act together so they were ready to sign...
this
Trent179
10/27/2011 6:53pm
2whlfun wrote:
Exactly. JGR is a premier team im my opinion and Albrecht did a great job building it up. They should have switched brands though.
tbanks
10/27/2011 7:40pm
2whlfun wrote:
Trent179 wrote:
Exactly. JGR is a premier team im my opinion and Albrecht did a great job building it up. They should have switched brands though.
I think it is kinda hard for teams to establish a long term contract with a manufacturer. Unless you are a factory team, there is a chance that each year the bike brand may change. The only team that seems like they have locked down long term deals outside of the factory rig are JGR, TLD, and H&H. Plus they are solid programs.....

Not to discredit the other teams, but it is rare to sign with a manufacturer for 3 or 5 years......
jeffro503
10/27/2011 10:25pm
HatersSuck wrote:

Clutchy wrote:
`ol Ger wrote:
THIS ^^^
This again........
TDeath21
10/27/2011 10:30pm
You aren't a serious contender unless you sign one of the top 5 guys. No way you win a championship without doing that.
rallendude
10/28/2011 1:39pm
TDeath21 wrote:
You aren't a serious contender unless you sign one of the top 5 guys. No way you win a championship without doing that.
Yeah, usually that means you're sixth or worse.

Post a reply to: JGR was goofing around prior to james....

The Latest