JG33 new clothing deal....

JIM256
Edited Date/Time 1/3/2014 8:52am
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/2/2014 3:47pm
I'm really glad to see this. Josh has been one of the coolest riders I've met, and this should provide an outlet for him in the future. I love it when racers are able to branch out and be successful once they retire.
Crush
1/2/2014 4:41pm
He seems to change clothing sponsors a fair bit
TX24
1/2/2014 7:12pm
Lifestyle, so it's t-shirts, hats and stuff .

The Shop

activeMX
1/2/2014 7:36pm
Gonna be lame.

I assume he's no longer with Unit. Probably thought "they're killing it, I could go do that myself" and now we have one more lame lifestyle company trying to suck another buck out of some young poser.

I'd rather wear Fox clothes because I know at least they make some of the best gear available and it's ultimately funding that rather than some douche bags fly by night clothing line.
JW381
1/2/2014 8:29pm
I hope this works for him and I like the idea behind his line about living in the now (I know, it's just a tagline, they're just trying to get money). But yeah, from the outside it just looks like some company trying to make a buck on the "lifestyle market".
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/2/2014 8:32pm
activeMX wrote:
Gonna be lame. I assume he's no longer with Unit. Probably thought "they're killing it, I could go do that myself" and now we have one...
Gonna be lame.

I assume he's no longer with Unit. Probably thought "they're killing it, I could go do that myself" and now we have one more lame lifestyle company trying to suck another buck out of some young poser.

I'd rather wear Fox clothes because I know at least they make some of the best gear available and it's ultimately funding that rather than some douche bags fly by night clothing line.

Josh has a pretty kick-ass "Angels hat" for this weekend. Smile
JW381
1/2/2014 8:34pm
activeMX wrote:
Gonna be lame. I assume he's no longer with Unit. Probably thought "they're killing it, I could go do that myself" and now we have one...
Gonna be lame.

GuyB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/01/02/40799/s1200_010214jghelmet.jpg[/img] Josh has a pretty kick-ass "Angels hat" for this weekend. :)

Where' Peely?! He was complaining about the lack of custom lids haha. I'd say that's a pretty badass custom Shoei.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
1/2/2014 8:35pm
The guy has always been nice every time I see him (I live down here and see him a lot), but most importantly he is by FAR one of the nicest most genuine guys to kids. My kid tags on him like a pest and he goes right along with it. This is not something normal for most main event guys, they are usually nice (a very few not nice at all) but there are a few golden ones (29, 15, 41, 2, 3, 23 etc..) Josh is on the upper end of the scale. I never get why people say crap like this.. I bet they have never made a mistake or bumbled while on TV for 30sec etc..
Oh, and his Dad... He learned it from somewhere.. RAD guy!
umagumadog
1/2/2014 9:12pm
GuyB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/01/02/40799/s1200_010214jghelmet.jpg[/img] Josh has a pretty kick-ass "Angels hat" for this weekend. :)

That is bad ass!
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
1/2/2014 9:17pm
The guy has always been nice every time I see him (I live down here and see him a lot), but most importantly he is by...
The guy has always been nice every time I see him (I live down here and see him a lot), but most importantly he is by FAR one of the nicest most genuine guys to kids. My kid tags on him like a pest and he goes right along with it. This is not something normal for most main event guys, they are usually nice (a very few not nice at all) but there are a few golden ones (29, 15, 41, 2, 3, 23 etc..) Josh is on the upper end of the scale. I never get why people say crap like this.. I bet they have never made a mistake or bumbled while on TV for 30sec etc..
Oh, and his Dad... He learned it from somewhere.. RAD guy!
Whats worse is someone coming on here without even having something relevant to say about the thread and just bashng someone he DOES NOT know from behind a key board. Gives credence to the term Vitards...
dv12.com
Fantasy
148th
1/2/2014 9:38pm
HTLN is from San Clemente… Like Unit… I have no idea but I would bet HLTN might be a sister company to Unit maybe? I know the guys at Unit but I've been out of the loop but that would be my guess.
mmitoptech
1/2/2014 9:48pm
dv12.com wrote:
HTLN is from San Clemente… Like Unit… I have no idea but I would bet HLTN might be a sister company to Unit maybe? I know...
HTLN is from San Clemente… Like Unit… I have no idea but I would bet HLTN might be a sister company to Unit maybe? I know the guys at Unit but I've been out of the loop but that would be my guess.
It looks like a sister company that is being run by the athletes. Champion posted about being involved as well and he is a Unit rider too. With the JG33 signature line just coming out with Unit, I doubt he would just leave to start his own company. Unit is involved somehow.
Motodave15
1/2/2014 9:58pm
activeMX wrote:
Gonna be lame.

lol, My sentiments too. I guess turning 25 im no longer the target market.. But everytime i see one of these life style brands.. I roll my eyes. Great for the kids who want to wear it... But a gigantic meh from me.

Good luck HLTN..I hope they do well.

But those threads wont see a dime of my money.

Clothing brands in this industry need to drop a few monkiers: Lifestyle, Industries etc, I know im missing a few. But I'm sure a few of you guys know what i mean
Brent
1/2/2014 10:37pm
...as long as the checks cash who cares? good for Josh Grant.
Mike Oxmall
1/3/2014 4:34am
I've been around josh plenty... He never came off cool to me....that's my opinion....but I guess Guy B doesn't allow me to say it
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
1/3/2014 6:33am
dv12.com wrote:
HTLN is from San Clemente… Like Unit… I have no idea but I would bet HLTN might be a sister company to Unit maybe? I know...
mmitoptech wrote:
It looks like a sister company that is being run by the athletes. Champion posted about being involved as well and he is a Unit rider...
It looks like a sister company that is being run by the athletes. Champion posted about being involved as well and he is a Unit rider too. With the JG33 signature line just coming out with Unit, I doubt he would just leave to start his own company. Unit is involved somehow.
in his interview he mentioned that it is one of the guys that used to work for Unit and him starting this
ga_pike
1/3/2014 6:37am
dl117 wrote:
in his interview he mentioned that it is one of the guys that used to work for Unit and him starting this
That might explain why I thought the logo reminded me of Unit.
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
1/3/2014 8:18am
That visor pointing skyward reminds me of those ridiculous Skyline Bromodel, er, Promodel helments we all know and love.

TGphoto
1/3/2014 8:39am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2014 8:55am
activeMX wrote:
Gonna be lame.

He didn't think "They're killing it. I could go do that myself." and leave Unit high and dry. You'll most likely know why he (and Tony D) left Unit in the coming months. Kyle Cowling and I have been working with Josh on our Intersection film and we knew of HLTN and the back story of it for a little while now. Love when people assume stuff without a single fact known about whats actually happening. I commend Josh for wanting to do something different. A few riders squander their money away and JG is actually investing into his future with HLTN. I don't see a problem with that, but that's just me.

Post a reply to: JG33 new clothing deal....

The Latest