J Marts Yamaha

5/29/2015 3:32pm
Dtat720 wrote:
There are several 15 yamis local to me, both stock and modified and Johnny Moores is highly modified. Nobody has the problems described in that thread...
There are several 15 yamis local to me, both stock and modified and Johnny Moores is highly modified. Nobody has the problems described in that thread. Really strange that some have major gremlins and some are peachy.
I have a 14 with no problems whatsoever.
5/29/2015 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2015 3:43pm
(This is just my armchair opinion, I'm not an electrical engineer )

Considering how complex and how far the tech as come today, the varying conditions the tech must withstand, and factoring in the use of brand new tech we don't about that the factory guys might occasionally be using, I'm surprised we haven't more seen electrical hiccups than we already have in the pro scene.

Electrical problems can happen when the bike is theoretically 100% built correctly (perfect tolerances on every part, perfect torquing, perfect wheel truing, perfect wiring,) but you can't control electronics the way you can a physical part. That is why it seems totally random, because it is ! To try and explain the kind of random behavior requires diving into quantum physics, but its easier to just say that electricity doesn't play by the same rules we think it plays by and that sometimes in racing, shit happens.

I don't think KTM/Dungey nor Yamaha/Jmart is worried about it happening again. If it does, then it does and maybe they'll take a more aggressive approach to finding a solution, but unless the engineers know for sure the direct cause of it, it's just another electrical gremlin and their guess is as good as ours.

5/29/2015 4:40pm
Dtat720 wrote:
There are several 15 yamis local to me, both stock and modified and Johnny Moores is highly modified. Nobody has the problems described in that thread...
There are several 15 yamis local to me, both stock and modified and Johnny Moores is highly modified. Nobody has the problems described in that thread. Really strange that some have major gremlins and some are peachy.
I have a 14 with no problems whatsoever.
Man I wish my bike was one of the "good" ones cause its scary not knowing if it's going to die on the face of a jump.
5/30/2015 9:01am
Didn't Pro Circuit have a few mystery flame outs on their Kawasaki's a year or two ago?

The Shop

Xsenter
5/30/2015 10:43am
I have a 15 yz250f with about 5-6 hours on it. It's all stock a part from a GET ignition and athena pipe. I'm having all...
I have a 15 yz250f with about 5-6 hours on it. It's all stock a part from a GET ignition and athena pipe. I'm having all sorts of electrical problems with it. You only have to do a search on vital "2015 yz250f problems"
to see that these problems are more common that you think.
One guy on here bought a 15 for his son that decided to stop in mid air causing the kid to crash and break his femur!!!!
When my bike runs properly, it's the best bike I've ever ridden. I just went and got all the goodies to go on it. Oversize front brake, braided lines, cycra plastic, renthal bars, sunline brake and clutch, works connection skid plate and radiator braces, and more, but it's all still in the boxes until this gremlin is sorted out. If this bike keeps dying on the track I'll be selling it and the parts I just bought and going to a ktm.
Its more than frustrating having your brand new bike stop on the track and then won't start. There is a problem there and Yamaha won't acknowledge it. I've emailed yamaha technical services and they say they have never heard of an issue!!!
This hurts to say cause I'm a Yamaha man, I love my bike when it runs properly but I'd be very hesitant to buy another yami until I knew they had fixed the problems.
Then I would recomend taking of that GET ignition !

I've had a 2014 yz250f last year with out any problems what so ever. Now I have -15 yz250f ...still no problems.

5/30/2015 5:58pm
I have a 15 yz250f with about 5-6 hours on it. It's all stock a part from a GET ignition and athena pipe. I'm having all...
I have a 15 yz250f with about 5-6 hours on it. It's all stock a part from a GET ignition and athena pipe. I'm having all sorts of electrical problems with it. You only have to do a search on vital "2015 yz250f problems"
to see that these problems are more common that you think.
One guy on here bought a 15 for his son that decided to stop in mid air causing the kid to crash and break his femur!!!!
When my bike runs properly, it's the best bike I've ever ridden. I just went and got all the goodies to go on it. Oversize front brake, braided lines, cycra plastic, renthal bars, sunline brake and clutch, works connection skid plate and radiator braces, and more, but it's all still in the boxes until this gremlin is sorted out. If this bike keeps dying on the track I'll be selling it and the parts I just bought and going to a ktm.
Its more than frustrating having your brand new bike stop on the track and then won't start. There is a problem there and Yamaha won't acknowledge it. I've emailed yamaha technical services and they say they have never heard of an issue!!!
This hurts to say cause I'm a Yamaha man, I love my bike when it runs properly but I'd be very hesitant to buy another yami until I knew they had fixed the problems.
Xsenter wrote:
Then I would recomend taking of that GET ignition ! I've had a 2014 yz250f last year with out any problems what so ever. Now I...
Then I would recomend taking of that GET ignition !

I've had a 2014 yz250f last year with out any problems what so ever. Now I have -15 yz250f ...still no problems.

That's the plan today. Run stock ignition and see if that helps. Fingers crossed.
markit
5/30/2015 6:13pm
Cygnus wrote:
It would be rare for a cast piston to cold seize. That is a forged piston thing.
Actually its a metal cyl thing more so, not much of a problem now days.
mxpaul802
5/30/2015 6:43pm
pete24 wrote:
relax, you aint going to have any problems with your stocker, he isnt got anything on that bike that is on a stock bike, and langston...
relax, you aint going to have any problems with your stocker, he isnt got anything on that bike that is on a stock bike, and langston didnt know it was a moisture problem but you seem to think he is a mechanic
Fresh wrote:
Jeremy said "thats what happens sometimes when you wash bikes"
WELL......don't wash the bike then. Problem solved. See how easy that was.

Post a reply to: J Marts Yamaha

The Latest