I've never really liked nor disliked RV much...till now.

Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 3:39pm
I'm sure some won't agree with this but it is just my opinion, for what it's worth. I've always admired and respected RV's talents. He is THE man to beat, obviously. I've never been a fan but at the same time never disliked the guy either.

Until now.

I'm not going to hate on anyone. All these riders are my heroes and I respect the hell out of each of them but I have to say that RV just got on my list of not liked that much.

It will probably seem a small thing but it just rubbed me the wrong way. During Matthes' post race podcast RV took little jabs or digs at both JS7 and the 800. Matthes chimed in saying Stewie was riding great...and RV had to fire back that everyone was riding great. Basically refusing to say yes, James was on tonight minus of course the mishaps in the whoops. Then when Mikie got that amazing holeshot and RV got up there to battle him after stalling his bike he said that is what you get when you're racing against someone like Alessi. Mike didn't do ANYTHING wrong the entire race. He cut low and made a nice block pass on RV and held him up a bit. It worked. The only remotely dirty move was when RV tried to cut into Alessi right before the finish line. And even that was okay. But to say that is what you get when racing Mike was just lame.

It probably doesn't seem like much but its not only what he said but how he said it. There was also a reference about the 800 crying on the podium and how he probably made a lot of people uncomfortable. Out of line. There are lots of people who only dream of winning a heat race. Not everyone is born with the skill and had the fortune to win as much as RV has. Don't ridicule the man for showing emotion and winning a heat after 10 years of hard work. That is an unnecessary jab and a dig.

RV is too good for all that crap. He is the elite rider in our sport as we speak. Its like he refuses to give anyone credit. Stewart was far and away the best rider on the night, along with Kenny. And yeah, I'm a JS7 fan and Kroc fan but I just think that RV taking little jabs like that is just kinda lame. And I realize things can be taken out of context and all that and hopefully I'm not doing that. I also don't expect the riders to gush over their opposition. All I am saying is that it bugged me enough to write this post so it obviously triggered something in me I didn't care for.

Maybe its just me, but it did rub me wrong.
|
huck
1/6/2014 1:12pm
Cool story!
peelout
1/6/2014 1:16pm
he said Mike's crying would probably make people uncomfortable? it did. big deal, he was answering the question that was given to him.

what response about Stewart did you want? would it have made you happy if RV gloated about James' superior skills? that's never going to happen, so get over yourself. these guys are human, and i'm sure he's not going to have any shits to give whether you like him or not.
davistld01
1/6/2014 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 1:16pm
It's not just you.
nytsmaC
1/6/2014 1:19pm
I agree with the OP. I wish RV would stick to the script. Just rattle off your sponsors, take a swig out of your fake energy drink can, tip your flat billed hat and point at your logos.

The Shop

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/6/2014 1:27pm
I missed the interviews, did RV said who he couldn't thank for his performance Saturday?
MT MX
1/6/2014 1:30pm
I think I know what you are saying, but on the other hand.................why should any rider for that matter say anything to give another rider an upper hand, or feeling of confidence. Mentality is a big part of this sport.
On the RacerX interviews he did admit that he realized that James was actually catching the leaders and thought to himself 'this is going to get interesting'. That's a compliment to James in my book, because he knows what James is capable of doing (in a positive light).
I've never really been a big fan of him either. Not really sure why either. Some days I cheer for him, but other days I'm ready for him to retire.
Underdog999
1/6/2014 1:40pm
Om my.....dog!

If he says something interesting.... you guys read stuff into it!

If he doesn't say anything but rattle off he sponsors.... you guys say he's a robot!

He can't win either way!
Highsider
1/6/2014 1:42pm
yak651 wrote:
I missed the interviews, did RV said who he couldn't thank for his performance Saturday?
Dungey "can't thank" anybody, either.
Drives me nuts.
Socket946
1/6/2014 1:43pm
People complain the riders don't have personality.

Rider shows personality...they complain about what they have to say.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

Can't make everyone happy.
1/6/2014 1:46pm
I think the comment about Alessi bugged me more. I don't know. People can say things without it being deemed a weakness. Totally different situation but look how Seely handled the Anderson pass when asked about it. He was just honest. Didn't worry whether it would give Jason a mental edge.

I'm not saying I hate RV. I think he is amazing on a motocross bike, obviously and he's never been a dirty rider at all, always respectful. I just didn't like how it sounded.

And yes, I am well aware he could care less about my opinion. But that probably can be said of everyone's opinions.
Camp332
1/6/2014 1:48pm
I'm sure some won't agree with this but it is just my opinion, for what it's worth. I've always admired and respected RV's talents. He is...
I'm sure some won't agree with this but it is just my opinion, for what it's worth. I've always admired and respected RV's talents. He is THE man to beat, obviously. I've never been a fan but at the same time never disliked the guy either.

Until now.

I'm not going to hate on anyone. All these riders are my heroes and I respect the hell out of each of them but I have to say that RV just got on my list of not liked that much.

It will probably seem a small thing but it just rubbed me the wrong way. During Matthes' post race podcast RV took little jabs or digs at both JS7 and the 800. Matthes chimed in saying Stewie was riding great...and RV had to fire back that everyone was riding great. Basically refusing to say yes, James was on tonight minus of course the mishaps in the whoops. Then when Mikie got that amazing holeshot and RV got up there to battle him after stalling his bike he said that is what you get when you're racing against someone like Alessi. Mike didn't do ANYTHING wrong the entire race. He cut low and made a nice block pass on RV and held him up a bit. It worked. The only remotely dirty move was when RV tried to cut into Alessi right before the finish line. And even that was okay. But to say that is what you get when racing Mike was just lame.

It probably doesn't seem like much but its not only what he said but how he said it. There was also a reference about the 800 crying on the podium and how he probably made a lot of people uncomfortable. Out of line. There are lots of people who only dream of winning a heat race. Not everyone is born with the skill and had the fortune to win as much as RV has. Don't ridicule the man for showing emotion and winning a heat after 10 years of hard work. That is an unnecessary jab and a dig.

RV is too good for all that crap. He is the elite rider in our sport as we speak. Its like he refuses to give anyone credit. Stewart was far and away the best rider on the night, along with Kenny. And yeah, I'm a JS7 fan and Kroc fan but I just think that RV taking little jabs like that is just kinda lame. And I realize things can be taken out of context and all that and hopefully I'm not doing that. I also don't expect the riders to gush over their opposition. All I am saying is that it bugged me enough to write this post so it obviously triggered something in me I didn't care for.

Maybe its just me, but it did rub me wrong.
You go girl! Tell em Bro!
MXD
1/6/2014 1:49pm
To the OP, I see your point but I have no problem with what he said. These guys are all so close that RV doesn't want to give James an ounce of confidence. To me, that answer was no different than some race strategy. It's all part of winning. As for the 800, they have a history and if RV chooses to acknowledge that history in the manner in which he did, so be it. I don't think he was disrespectful or out of line.
1/6/2014 1:55pm
MXD wrote:
To the OP, I see your point but I have no problem with what he said. These guys are all so close that RV doesn't want...
To the OP, I see your point but I have no problem with what he said. These guys are all so close that RV doesn't want to give James an ounce of confidence. To me, that answer was no different than some race strategy. It's all part of winning. As for the 800, they have a history and if RV chooses to acknowledge that history in the manner in which he did, so be it. I don't think he was disrespectful or out of line.
Very well said, and there probably is plenty of legitimacy to what you said. Like I said, I'm not sure why it bugged me but it just did. I'm not saying that I didn't read into it wrongly. Who knows? Maybe I did. And I realize it is a mental game as well.

Yeah, we know RV and the Alessi's history. It just seemed lame that Mike finally gets a heat win and yeah, the cat was overjoyed. To talk smack about that just seemed low. Even if you don't like the guy. Just don't say anything if that's the case.
BAD10
1/6/2014 1:57pm
I almost fell asleep reading your post. YAWN!! Go pick the sand out of your vag..................
1/6/2014 1:58pm
JS7 says on his Instagram profile: "Racing is 85% mental &45% physical".
I don't think we can imagine what it's like to psych yourself out enough to have confidence to race at the RV,RD5, JS7, Barcia, etc level...
So, it may seem to us like not acknowledging JS7's speed was a douche comment, but- may be one way to maintain some type of psychological advantage that is needed at that level.
Of course that’s just my opinion, I could be completely mistaken.
CrashMaster
1/6/2014 2:05pm
You also have to remember RV1 lost SO much to 800 in the amateur's, there is no love lost there. Whenever 800 is ahead of him you can tell it becomes a mission to pass 800, and I don't blame RV get that sissy out of the way! Laughing
rollingtach
1/6/2014 2:06pm
The dude doesn't give 2 shits what the Vitard whiners think and that's cool with me!
peelout
1/6/2014 2:12pm
MXD wrote:
To the OP, I see your point but I have no problem with what he said. These guys are all so close that RV doesn't want...
Very well said, and there probably is plenty of legitimacy to what you said. Like I said, I'm not sure why it bugged me but it...
Very well said, and there probably is plenty of legitimacy to what you said. Like I said, I'm not sure why it bugged me but it just did. I'm not saying that I didn't read into it wrongly. Who knows? Maybe I did. And I realize it is a mental game as well.

Yeah, we know RV and the Alessi's history. It just seemed lame that Mike finally gets a heat win and yeah, the cat was overjoyed. To talk smack about that just seemed low. Even if you don't like the guy. Just don't say anything if that's the case.
just curious what part of RV's comment about Alessi crying on the podium was "talk smack about it"... all he said was he thought that it might make some people uncomfortable.

maybe you liked that Alessi cried. i agreed with RV, it was a bit uncomfortable. props again to Alessi, it was an awesome feat. but nothing about RV's comment was out of line. i'll tell you though, at my sx party we had 50+ people watching in a sports bar, some core riders/racers and some not so core fans. most of the attendance was laughing/joking about Alessi crying on the podium. it was a "WTF?" moment for sure. i was happy for him but at the same time, talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve.
JACK_Schit
1/6/2014 2:19pm
this is called diplomatic nit picking. and I'm not saying this is a bad thing.
ridge
1/6/2014 2:24pm
Very well said, and there probably is plenty of legitimacy to what you said. Like I said, I'm not sure why it bugged me but it...

Mikey almost ended RV's career before it even started...and it wasn't an accident. RV has (unfortunately) earned the right to say whatever he wants about Mikey.

What I can't believe is how many times RV has passed MA, and MA isn't left on the ground...
dantheman
1/6/2014 2:48pm
You were correct on one thing... it is just you, get over yourself! Peeps nowadays, all fuggin' EMO!
JW381
1/6/2014 2:53pm
dantheman wrote:
You were correct on one thing... it is just you, get over yourself! Peeps nowadays, all fuggin' EMO!
As much as you're right about "peeps nowadays", it is part of any sport, finding guys to like and dislike. Some reasons are better than others, but in the end it's all personal preference. Sometimes riders do shit that I don't like or makes me not care for them, I just take it with a grain of salt because I see minutes and seconds of their lives.
rcm406
1/6/2014 3:16pm
RV is definitely not "the peoples champ" I don't know what it is, but he just seems like he's mad at the world and hates doing what's he doing for a living! IMO
Psc19933
1/6/2014 3:27pm
nytsmaC wrote:
I agree with the OP. I wish RV would stick to the script. Just rattle off your sponsors, take a swig out of your fake energy...
I agree with the OP. I wish RV would stick to the script. Just rattle off your sponsors, take a swig out of your fake energy drink can, tip your flat billed hat and point at your logos.
Honestly, wtf are you talking about? This wasn't even on tv, it was an audio podcast that isn't even meant for the masses, it's geared more towards people who are more knowledgeable about the sport. It was basically a more in depth Q & A and he answered the questions that where asked with some opinions thrown in.
Katoomey
1/6/2014 3:44pm
I don't see the problem with what he said...and I never liked RV2.

It's just the nature of having a huge ego. That ego is part of what makes him a winner. To maintain his ego he has to deny everyone else's. This is a good example of the mentality it takes to stay at the top of professional solo sports.

It isn't about making friends or not insulting fans of other riders. If your a winner, your gonna have all you can handle in that department anyway.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/6/2014 3:56pm

ridge wrote:
Mikey almost ended RV's career before it even started...and it wasn't an accident. RV has (unfortunately) earned the right to say whatever he wants about Mikey...
Mikey almost ended RV's career before it even started...and it wasn't an accident. RV has (unfortunately) earned the right to say whatever he wants about Mikey.

What I can't believe is how many times RV has passed MA, and MA isn't left on the ground...
What?
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
1/6/2014 4:00pm
MXD wrote:

peelout wrote:
just curious what part of RV's comment about Alessi crying on the podium was "talk smack about it"... all he said was he thought that it...
just curious what part of RV's comment about Alessi crying on the podium was "talk smack about it"... all he said was he thought that it might make some people uncomfortable.

maybe you liked that Alessi cried. i agreed with RV, it was a bit uncomfortable. props again to Alessi, it was an awesome feat. but nothing about RV's comment was out of line. i'll tell you though, at my sx party we had 50+ people watching in a sports bar, some core riders/racers and some not so core fans. most of the attendance was laughing/joking about Alessi crying on the podium. it was a "WTF?" moment for sure. i was happy for him but at the same time, talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve.
Alessi crying made me uncomfortable at F**k...then my wife asked me if he just won the championship ..no a heat race...she gave me the "wtf" look.

That being said I am ok with him crying..just not where I can see him Laughing
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
1/6/2014 4:07pm
njracer46 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/01/06/41236/s1200_rv.jpg[/img]
That's golden!
machine
1/6/2014 4:11pm
If you dislike Stewart your'e a hater, if you dislike RV, its justified or acceptable...typical double standards these days.

Post a reply to: I've never really liked nor disliked RV much...till now.

The Latest