I've got a question about thread content and WHO can get talked about ....

dirtnapper
5/11/2017 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2017 9:54am
So first of all, I really enjoy Vital. I spend a lot of time on here. I appreciate that the moderation is pretty fair, and honestly the boss and mods put up with a LOT. This place can turn into a madhouse but it's a fun madhouse!

It seems pretty much anyone is open game to talk about. Riders, teams, media people, trainers, etc and some of these people get ripped on really good. Like REALLY good. ( Mathis, Jody, Dungey, Reed, Barcia...) But notice I said "pretty much" anyone.....

I've noticed over the years and even just lately, it seems some people are just off limits. In the past two weeks two threads got completely clipped for no real reason. The threads seemed pretty respectful and clean. One was about a certain teams crew chief and the other was about an ex pros marital status.

If GuyBro and the rest of the mods would be very honest with us, I have a question - do industry folks request that certain threads and certain topics get the clip? Like lets be honest here - industry folks ABSOLUTELY read this forum. They do, anyone who believes they don't is fooling themselves. I'm just curious if you guys think if someone wants a thread gone.....it gets gone.

Admin, care to comment? Sideways
|
rubarb
5/11/2017 7:33pm
You are such a drama queen
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/11/2017 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2017 7:38pm
I clipped the RC andhis ex-wife thread because it turned into a stupid TMZ investigation.
zehn
5/11/2017 7:46pm
Who the fuck cares
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
5/11/2017 7:47pm
So, the thought is that a controversial thread is started. A vintage Vital train wreck ensues. Industry celeb reads it or hears about it, calls Gibby and asks him to remove it?

Honestly, I think our mods are smart enough and respectful enough that they remove it long before they get a call from industry celeb.

The Shop

Cashmore
5/11/2017 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2017 7:48pm
Nvm stupid?
dirtnapper
5/11/2017 7:48pm
ML512 wrote:
I clipped the RC andhis ex-wife thread because it turned into a stupid TMZ investigation.
Ok I didn't see that , the first few replies seemed pretty polite and respectful. Thanks for responding.

But you didn't really answer my question.....Wink
dirtnapper
5/11/2017 7:53pm
TbonesPop wrote:
So, the thought is that a controversial thread is started. A vintage Vital train wreck ensues. Industry celeb reads it or hears about it, calls Gibby...
So, the thought is that a controversial thread is started. A vintage Vital train wreck ensues. Industry celeb reads it or hears about it, calls Gibby and asks him to remove it?

Honestly, I think our mods are smart enough and respectful enough that they remove it long before they get a call from industry celeb.
Yeah thats kinda what I was wondering.....

Fair enough , the mods might clip some things before they got out of hand, but have you seen some comments on Mathis? Guillespie?? Jeff Alessi???

Just wondering why those get to stay....
5/11/2017 7:54pm
When are you gonna realize everyone's bro's with each other in this sport...
slipdog
5/11/2017 8:12pm
What'd you say about my momma?
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
5/11/2017 8:15pm
slipdog wrote:
That there is an asterisk by her name.
aeffertz
5/11/2017 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2017 8:22pm
slipdog wrote:
I heard someone's mom is known to curl toes around here...
slipdog
5/11/2017 8:24pm
slipdog wrote:
kzizok wrote:
That there is an asterisk by her name.
You got to be in it to win it, Bro!
slipdog
5/11/2017 8:27pm
slipdog wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Principal: "Is there a Mr. Gump, Mrs. Gump?"

Mrs. Gump: "He's on vacation!"
dirtnapper
5/11/2017 8:32pm
slipdog wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Duuuuuudde.........Laughing
dkg
5/11/2017 8:34pm
Based on what I've seen over the years. Pretty much anything remotely related to moto is allowed. On the other hand, things related to individuals personal lifes, family, girlfriends, etc are off limits. Defamatory TMZ topics not even tangentially related to moto don't seem to last long, thankfully.

So, if your non-moto early teen daughter would love it. Probably isn't going to last long.
5/11/2017 8:53pm
slipdog wrote:
Um, she's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw your momma pass out at the Monster party. I guess it's pretty serious.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
5/11/2017 9:02pm
TbonesPop wrote:
So, the thought is that a controversial thread is started. A vintage Vital train wreck ensues. Industry celeb reads it or hears about it, calls Gibby...

dirtnapper wrote:
Yeah thats kinda what I was wondering..... Fair enough , the mods might clip some things before they got out of hand, but have you seen...

Fair enough , the mods might clip some things before they got out of hand, but have you seen some comments on Mathis? Guillespie?? Jeff Alessi???

The ones with Jeff Alessi usually stay because he keeps adding fuel to the fire when he has his meltdowns and not sure if he does it on purpose and goes all Jerry Springer or if he's really that, How can I put this ?.....................Thick Wink
5/11/2017 9:11pm
TbonesPop wrote:

dirtnapper wrote:
Yeah thats kinda what I was wondering..... Fair enough , the mods might clip some things before they got out of hand, but have you seen...

lostboy819 wrote:
The ones with Jeff Alessi usually stay because he keeps adding fuel to the fire when he has his meltdowns and not sure if he does...
The ones with Jeff Alessi usually stay because he keeps adding fuel to the fire when he has his meltdowns and not sure if he does it on purpose and goes all Jerry Springer or if he's really that, How can I put this ?.....................Thick Wink
Harsh bro
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/11/2017 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2017 9:32pm
Maybe the best way to make less work for the moderators is to have every members real name and pic listed below their vital name. I imagine things would clean up pretty quickly if the anonymity was gone
5/11/2017 9:33pm
John Gallagher used to be off limits, as I can personally attest.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/12/2017 12:41am
TripleFive wrote:
I take great delight in removing a substantial portion of your posts. Smile
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
5/12/2017 1:13am
KennyT wrote:
Maybe the best way to make less work for the moderators is to have every members real name and pic listed below their vital name. I...
Maybe the best way to make less work for the moderators is to have every members real name and pic listed below their vital name. I imagine things would clean up pretty quickly if the anonymity was gone
I have been saying that for years. Cool
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
5/12/2017 12:39pm
slipdog wrote:
Um, she's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw your...
Um, she's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw your momma pass out at the Monster party. I guess it's pretty serious.
HIPPA laws, Bro.
5/12/2017 12:40pm
TripleFive wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I take great delight in removing a substantial portion of your posts. Smile
You're just wise to the fact that this world ain't ready for all of my truth!
Acidreamer
5/12/2017 12:47pm
Can we talk about suckling on my toes?
5/12/2017 12:51pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Can we talk about suckling on my toes?
Can the mods create a poll on this topic?
peelout
5/12/2017 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2017 12:55pm
wait... RC is single? i saw that dude whip it over the table at the Lakewood national and the ladies lining the track put down more water than the sprinklers would have been able to match in an hour. the next moto was a mud fest.
5/12/2017 1:00pm
peelout wrote:
wait... RC is single? i saw that dude whip it over the table at the Lakewood national and the ladies lining the track put down more...
wait... RC is single? i saw that dude whip it over the table at the Lakewood national and the ladies lining the track put down more water than the sprinklers would have been able to match in an hour. the next moto was a mud fest.
I slid all the way down the hill into the pits because of that.
peelout
5/12/2017 1:30pm
peelout wrote:
wait... RC is single? i saw that dude whip it over the table at the Lakewood national and the ladies lining the track put down more...
TripleFive wrote:
I slid all the way down the hill into the pits because of that.
Meg went with me that year, 9 months later she had triplets

Post a reply to: I've got a question about thread content and WHO can get talked about ....

The Latest