Its time for PED's testing to step up

2/10/2013 7:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2013 8:28am
Its time for PED's testing to step up its game in AMA. With so many capable race winners this is not the same as the previous decade with mainly 2 dominent riders at any one time that could be scruitinised
Now more than ever we need to be pro-active in prevention rather than a future fallout and major disgraces to fix
AMA and FIM please jump on it now and keep our sport clean or clean up if needed
|
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2013 8:32pm
I don't worry so much about elite guys using PEDs - they have good trainers and doctors to make sure they aren't hurting themselves. I worry about a 15 year old marginal Loretta's kid trying to get over the hump by getting shit in the alley behind the gym and doing serious damage to himself.

But they say that 10 foot fences just makes a market for 11 foot ladders, and that's the way PEDS testing goes. No matter what kind of testing you do, trainers will come up with ways to beat the tests. And with the preponderance of cycling trainers in MX, you can bet that the only guys who'll get caught are the ones who are self medicating. Nobody knows more about human chemical warfare than cycling trainers.

I have no confidence that a sanctioning body that can't test gasoline for tetra ethyl lead can test blood and urine for traces of HGH and deteriorated red cells. Yes, the rules should outlaw really egregious PEDs. But don't get your hopes up that we're going to clean up the sport. We won't.
fader418
2/10/2013 7:53pm
So you think someone has to be on drugs to win a 12 minute race?
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 7:54pm
fader418 wrote:
The most prolific PEDS users are sprinters who run for less than 45 seconds.
Husqerdo
2/10/2013 8:14pm
Its time for PED's testing to step up its game in AMA. With so many capable race winners this is not the same as the previous...
Its time for PED's testing to step up its game in AMA. With so many capable race winners this is not the same as the previous decade with mainly 2 dominent riders at any one time that could be scruitinised
Now more than ever we need to be pro-active in prevention rather than a future fallout and major disgraces to fix
AMA and FIM please jump on it now and keep our sport clean or clean up if needed
You fucking idiot, PED's as you call them have no benefit to motocross, some athletes rehab maybe but that is a different topic all together. When it comes down to winning a SX race PEDS are not involved. Get a fricken life man, you have NO idea what you are talking about.

The Shop

Outsider
2/10/2013 8:17pm
No.

These guys are risking their bodies and their lives every time they line up. Why should anyone care if someone uses some hgh to help recover or some cyp in the off season?
Choppy
2/10/2013 8:21pm
The NFL hardly catches PED users, so what makes anyone think the AMA can?
2/10/2013 8:22pm
Its time for PED's testing to step up its game in AMA. With so many capable race winners this is not the same as the previous...
Husqerdo wrote:
You fucking idiot, PED's as you call them have no benefit to motocross, some athletes rehab maybe but that is a different topic all together. When...
You fucking idiot, PED's as you call them have no benefit to motocross, some athletes rehab maybe but that is a different topic all together. When it comes down to winning a SX race PEDS are not involved. Get a fricken life man, you have NO idea what you are talking about.
Sorry bu you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and no nothing about the use or application of PED's
wow i was able to say that without abuse and it had meaning maybe take that lesson too
2/10/2013 8:24pm
Choppy wrote:
If the do correct testing they will prevent and discourage the use. As you saw with Lance Armstrong retrospective testing blood is also a massive key to discoraging.
2/10/2013 8:27pm
Outsider wrote:
No. These guys are risking their bodies and their lives every time they line up. Why should anyone care if someone uses some hgh to help...
No.

These guys are risking their bodies and their lives every time they line up. Why should anyone care if someone uses some hgh to help recover or some cyp in the off season?
because it becomes the norm and is then perceived by amateurs and kids this is the path to take
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 8:27pm
Husqerdo wrote:
You fucking idiot, PED's as you call them have no benefit to motocross, some athletes rehab maybe but that is a different topic all together. When...
Sorry, but you are very wrong. The purpose of PEDs for an endurance athlete is to increase the bloods ability to transport oxygen and also to recover from hard workouts faster. That definitely has an advantage for a SX rider and even more so for a MX rider. SX/MX training is similar in intensity to that of a middle distance runner, and those guys know all the tricks to using drugs. Even marathon runners are known to use them. Some techniques, like blood doping, won't work in our sport, but lots of others will.

That's not to accuse anyone of using them. I have no idea about that. But from a pure training standpoint, they'd provide an advantage for sure. And the top trainers come from a sport that is the leading practitioner of PED use.
2/10/2013 8:28pm
fader418 wrote:
No I dont think, but do I think its a advantage yes I do.
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 8:30pm
Choppy wrote:
My point exactly. The AMA can't test gasoline competently - how are they going to do looking for trace amounts of HGH and synthetic testosterone?
Choppy
2/10/2013 8:31pm
Do you honestly think NFL players come back font injuries as fast as they do "naturally"???
2/10/2013 8:32pm
i apologise for the spelling errors taking care of a 3 year old while typing
Husqerdo
2/10/2013 8:32pm
Sorry bu you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and no nothing about the use or application of PED's wow i was able...
Sorry bu you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and no nothing about the use or application of PED's
wow i was able to say that without abuse and it had meaning maybe take that lesson too
Here's a lesson for you, you have no idea what you are talking about. Explain to me how PEDS are useful in MX, dip shit., excuse my french.
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 8:35pm
Sorry bu you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and no nothing about the use or application of PED's wow i was able...
Husqerdo wrote:
Here's a lesson for you, you have no idea what you are talking about. Explain to me how PEDS are useful in MX, dip shit., excuse...
Here's a lesson for you, you have no idea what you are talking about. Explain to me how PEDS are useful in MX, dip shit., excuse my french.
I just did. You're clueless about this stuff.
Husqerdo
2/10/2013 8:39pm
Here we go again with some Ausie punk who can't except the fact CR is riding around in 5th place, and he comes up with this PEDS BS. Get some class, it's only the 6th round you pussy.
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 8:45pm
Husqerdo wrote:
Here we go again with some Ausie punk who can't except the fact CR is riding around in 5th place, and he comes up with this...
Here we go again with some Ausie punk who can't except the fact CR is riding around in 5th place, and he comes up with this PEDS BS. Get some class, it's only the 6th round you pussy.
Why would anyone think the other elite riders were using drugs but Chad isn't? A guy would have to be privy to a hell of a lot of super confidential info to know that. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but if the other guys are using them, you can reasonably assume Chad is too. And you can bet at least some, if not nearly all of them are using SOMETHING, even if its real mild stuff.
2/10/2013 8:46pm
Time to be provocative! heh heh

Could ignorance be the best policy here?

Why shouldn't an adult pro use illegal substances? Don't say "because they are banned / illegal".

What is the ratio of people who want to ban peds to those who feel one should be left to make his or her own decisions?

Is it immoral to use them? If so, why?

What would nudge a minor toward using peds? If they new for "certain" that a pro was using (as evidenced by a positive test result) would they say "So and so did it and so will I! I KNOW he uses because he was tested and failed! They must work!" If there was no test, there would be no proof, and little Johnny would never know what a top pro might be up to.

Why do we make big deal out of what sports stars "use" to improve their results? Perhaps we should condemn them for drinking alcohol, which (as far as I know) will impede their results. Maybe we should ban and test for alcohol.

Not looking for a fight, just some food for thought.
2/10/2013 8:46pm
Husqerdo wrote:
Here's a lesson for you, you have no idea what you are talking about. Explain to me how PEDS are useful in MX, dip shit., excuse...
PED'S can. increase endurance, increase recovery, decrease injury time out, increase strength, improve explosive strength.
improve the bodies ability to remove chemical bi product. ( decrease arm pump). This is why they are called performance enhancing drugs. Can they give a rider skill and co-ordination, no they can't. However if you had 8 capable winners and 2 took PED's do you think they would improve their performance or chance to win.
Husqerdo
2/10/2013 8:47pm
Husqerdo wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
What? So now some dumb fuck from texass jumps in. Hilarious, why do some fools find it necessary to trash the sport with total BS when thay have never raced a MX race. This ain't ESPN you faggets.
2/10/2013 8:49pm
Time to be provocative! heh heh Could ignorance be the best policy here? Why shouldn't an adult pro use illegal substances? Don't say "because they are...

Why shouldn't an adult pro use illegal substances? Don't say "because they are banned / illegal".

What is the ratio of people who want to ban peds to those who feel one should be left to make his or her own decisions?

What would nudge a minor toward using peds? If they new for "certain" that a pro was using (as evidenced by a positive test result) would they say "So and so did it and so will I! I KNOW he uses because he was tested and failed! They must work!" If there was no test, there would be no proof, and little Johnny would never know what a top pro might be up to.

Why do we make big deal out of what sports stars "use" to improve their results? Perhaps we should condemn them for drinking alcohol, which (as far as I know) will impede their results. Maybe we should ban and test for alcohol.

thanks for the devils advocate great question to be answered
ME686
Testing is gonna be tough lol. Might scare a few. Pinning a lil prop never hurt anybody... ;-)
SlingShot
If Travis Tygart and the USADA investigated SX/MX, there'd be a lot of hurt feelings, tarnished legacies, and edited record books.
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 8:53pm
Husqerdo wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
Husqerdo wrote:
What? So now some dumb fuck from texass jumps in. Hilarious, why do some fools find it necessary to trash the sport with total BS when...
What? So now some dumb fuck from texass jumps in. Hilarious, why do some fools find it necessary to trash the sport with total BS when thay have never raced a MX race. This ain't ESPN you faggets.
I started racing motocross in 1971, asshole. I've forgotten more about this sport than you ever knew. And I've been a distance runner since '73, so I've been involved in that through the really outrageous days of human performance experimentation, when East German women were growing beards and other women wouldn't get in the shower with them. I'm not an expert in it, but from your ignorant posts I can comfortably say I know a hell of a lot more about it than you.
2/10/2013 8:57pm
Husqerdo wrote:
WhKnuckle wrote:
Husqerdo wrote:
What? So now some dumb fuck from texass jumps in. Hilarious, why do some fools find it necessary to trash the sport with total BS when...
Wow dude sought anger management classes, Do I race yes I do. Do I want my the sport kept clean yes I do . USA MX is the pinnacle of motocross that is no secret. What happens in AMA MX/SX will effect riders worldwide that is my concern. You dont start at the bottom of the sport to remove or keep out PED's
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 8:58pm
Time to be provocative! heh heh Could ignorance be the best policy here? Why shouldn't an adult pro use illegal substances? Don't say "because they are...

That's actually a good point. If we can't administer a PED program competently and fairly - and I can't imagine anyone thinking the AMA can - then why not just ignore it? An incompetently administered program is worse than no program at all.
WhKnuckle
2/10/2013 9:01pm
SlingShot wrote:
If Travis Tygart and the USADA investigated SX/MX, there'd be a lot of hurt feelings, tarnished legacies, and edited record books.
If Travis Tygart showed up at the track, he'd get his ass thrown over the fence. We have enough problems without trash like him.
ando
2/10/2013 9:06pm

Interesting points. It's always a good angle to ask "why not?"

I think public perception however is that PED's are cheating and cheating is not acceptable. I don't have any stats to back that up, but I do look at what sponsors, who are acutely aware of their public image, do when an athlete is caught using PED's. You can't see them for dust.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
2/10/2013 9:10pm
Husquerdo you are making MN look bad. If you don't think PED's are in our sport you are crazy. And just because you race d23, don't try to act like you can relate to the sports elite. Because you can't and neither can I or anyone else on vital.

Post a reply to: Its time for PED's testing to step up

The Latest