It's official Cairoli in MX2 for MXDN

keinz
Edited Date/Time 7/14/2014 5:32am

OTOR ‏@OntrackOffroad 11m
Quote from @Antoniocairoli: "KTM have the best 250. I'm also the lightest on the team! Going from the 350 shouldn't be too difficult."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
OTOR ‏@OntrackOffroad 12m
Italian Nations team announced with Cairoli, Philippaerts and Guarneri set for Kegums. @Antoniocairoli in MX2 for a change
|
7/12/2014 8:56am
Wow. Is this good for racing or bad for it? I was really looking forward to a Cairoli, Herlings, Roczen showdown
MotoX85
7/12/2014 9:02am
KTM propaganda is never gonna let these guys race together. Herlings will move up when AC is on his fairwell tour and MXDN has Herlings as the top guy for the Dutch and they are not going to put thos two on the track together.

KTM Europe is making a mockery of "racing" overseas. If I were you GP guys I would be demanding more from them and your series.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/12/2014 9:07am
I wonder why they dont send Lupino on a 250 instead of DP or Guarneri...

To the guy above me: Herlings was at the mxon races 09 11 and 12 together with Cairoli, even 12 when everyone expected him to be faster in the sand.
KTM could go 1-2 on the races with those too but you think they put Cairoli down on a 250 so he cant beat him? lol thats pretty... weird to think,
Why dont they put Herlings down then since he races the 250 all year (Cairoli is Italys top guy as much as herlings is for holland...)

The Shop

ATKpilot99
7/12/2014 9:08am
He wants to show everyone up by winning motos on the 250f. Smile
mx317
7/12/2014 9:09am
KTM knows what it's doing. Double championships look better than a one-two sweep of one class.
MotoX85
7/12/2014 9:12am
mx317 wrote:
KTM knows what it's doing. Double championships look better than a one-two sweep of one class.
know what they are doing for KTM, not for the racing fans
MotoX85
7/12/2014 9:14am
crusty_xx wrote:
I wonder why they dont send Lupino on a 250 instead of DP or Guarneri... To the guy above me: Herlings was at the mxon races...

To the guy above me: Herlings was at the mxon races 09 11 and 12 together with Cairoli, even 12 when everyone expected him to be faster in the sand.
KTM could go 1-2 on the races with those too but you think they put Cairoli down on a 250 so he cant beat him? lol thats pretty... weird to think,
Why dont they put Herlings down then since he races the 250 all year (Cairoli is Italys top guy as much as herlings is for holland...)
Not sure what you are saying. Is Herlings racing a 450 or 250 at the MXDN. I was under the impression he was riding the 450 or MX1 class. Hence dropping AC down to MX2 so they would not be competing with each other. You know, like the GPs.
jamma10
7/12/2014 9:23am
(Google Translated)

The Italian Federation held a few minutes ago in the Finnish Hyvinkää a press conference in which they line up was their "Motocross Des Nations' known for this year Kegums. The big surprise it is that we will see true Antonio Cairoli in the MX2 class. The "old fox" will therefore have to duel against a lot of younger pilots. His colleagues, without breakdown or injury, Davide Guarneri in MX1 and David Philippaerts in the MX Open class. Italy has thus three pilots who certainly strong can come for the day. In addition, the 'foefelare' Tony Cairoli could well be a strong tactical of the Italian federation. The latest editions of the 'MXDN' being increasingly won by countries, their MX2 pilot exceptionally strong performance. You remember but Ken Roczen in Germany with his MX2 machine scored as many points than the average MX1 pilot as well as our hero Jeremy Van Horebeek who thinly chase did for us Belgians in Germany.

Text: Matthias Van Eeckhoven -

http://nl.motocrossmag.be/index.php/2014/07/cairoli-op-mx2-machine-in-de-mxdn/
jamma10
7/12/2014 9:26am
crusty_xx wrote:
I wonder why they dont send Lupino on a 250 instead of DP or Guarneri... To the guy above me: Herlings was at the mxon races...

MotoX85 wrote:
Not sure what you are saying. Is Herlings racing a 450 or 250 at the MXDN. I was under the impression he was riding the 450...
Not sure what you are saying. Is Herlings racing a 450 or 250 at the MXDN. I was under the impression he was riding the 450 or MX1 class. Hence dropping AC down to MX2 so they would not be competing with each other. You know, like the GPs.
Cairoli usually races a 350 in the MX1 class at the Nations while Herlings typically races a 350 in the Open class.
jamma10
7/12/2014 9:26am
jeffro503 wrote:
What?? This sucks if true!
Why does it suck?

I think it will be great.
Dx3moto
7/12/2014 9:27am
So who wins, Herlings or Cairoli?
7/12/2014 9:37am
It does seem like KTM Europe are a conniving bunch of characters.
mccread
7/12/2014 9:45am
Pity, was looking forward to the three fastest guys in the world atm all on big bikes against each other. Only RV would have been missing from the big four.

Will this encourage USA to attend now that Cairoli who won the last four motos he raced in at the MXDN has dropped down?

I guess Italy are still betting on him being close to the front or even winning for this to work. Surprised they did wait on Lupino getting back to speed first.
7/12/2014 9:51am
MotoX85 wrote:
KTM propaganda is never gonna let these guys race together. Herlings will move up when AC is on his fairwell tour and MXDN has Herlings as...
KTM propaganda is never gonna let these guys race together. Herlings will move up when AC is on his fairwell tour and MXDN has Herlings as the top guy for the Dutch and they are not going to put thos two on the track together.

KTM Europe is making a mockery of "racing" overseas. If I were you GP guys I would be demanding more from them and your series.
Yeah, they never raced together...

It's a tactical move from team Italy. They need a strong mx2 rider to score points while keeping a strong mx1/mx3 team.
7/12/2014 9:52am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 9:54am
MotoX85 wrote:
Not sure what you are saying. Is Herlings racing a 450 or 250 at the MXDN. I was under the impression he was riding the 450...
They both ran 350's.... AC222 rode MX1 and Herlings rode MX3. So expect the same from Herlings this year.
kongols
7/12/2014 9:55am
Dx3moto wrote:
I don`t think Herlings has ever raced MX2 at MXDN. He`s always been on 350, even when he was 16.
7/12/2014 9:55am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 9:58am
Dart Board wrote:
It does seem like KTM Europe are a conniving bunch of characters.
X1
jamma10 wrote:
Why?
Because they don't let Herlings and AC222 race against eatchother. Wel atleast that's what the vitards think.

It's not because x beats y on one event that he's the ultimate fastest in the series.
7/12/2014 9:56am
Cairoli is a great rider. Probably the best in the world right now.... but him and his entourage seem to be a little fearful of Herlings
jamma10
7/12/2014 10:04am
Dart Board wrote:
Cairoli is a great rider. Probably the best in the world right now.... but him and his entourage seem to be a little fearful of Herlings
But this was a tactical decison made by The Italian Federation, not KTM.

Is Cairoli loses to a younger rider, Jeremy Martin for instance, would that not tarnish his reputation more? I think its a bold move and adds some intrigue. I don't understand this constant cynicism all the time.
7/12/2014 10:06am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 10:06am
jamma10 wrote:
(Google Translated) The Italian Federation held a few minutes ago in the Finnish Hyvinkää a press conference in which they line up was their "Motocross Des...
(Google Translated)

The Italian Federation held a few minutes ago in the Finnish Hyvinkää a press conference in which they line up was their "Motocross Des Nations' known for this year Kegums. The big surprise it is that we will see true Antonio Cairoli in the MX2 class. The "old fox" will therefore have to duel against a lot of younger pilots. His colleagues, without breakdown or injury, Davide Guarneri in MX1 and David Philippaerts in the MX Open class. Italy has thus three pilots who certainly strong can come for the day. In addition, the 'foefelare' Tony Cairoli could well be a strong tactical of the Italian federation. The latest editions of the 'MXDN' being increasingly won by countries, their MX2 pilot exceptionally strong performance. You remember but Ken Roczen in Germany with his MX2 machine scored as many points than the average MX1 pilot as well as our hero Jeremy Van Horebeek who thinly chase did for us Belgians in Germany.

Text: Matthias Van Eeckhoven -

http://nl.motocrossmag.be/index.php/2014/07/cairoli-op-mx2-machine-in-de-mxdn/
Take 2 minutes out of your conspiracy theory crunching and read this post, for crying out loud.
steve_97060
7/12/2014 10:11am
The teams make the best decisions for THEM..

KTM is a business, they make decisions with their best interests in mind, and they seem to be doing pretty damn good..

not conspiracies, just good common sense... which of course would be lost on a good portion of the posters here..
jamma10
7/12/2014 10:16am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 10:18am
The teams make the best decisions for THEM.. KTM is a business, they make decisions with their best interests in mind, and they seem to be...

KTM is a business, they make decisions with their best interests in mind, and they seem to be doing pretty damn good..

not conspiracies, just good common sense... which of course would be lost on a good portion of the posters here..
I'm sorry, but you're crazy if you think KTM have ordered Cairoli to drop down to the MX2 class for the MXdN.

Why on earth would they not simply order Herlings to race the MX2 class???
7/12/2014 10:18am
FFS this is about Italy as a team and their riders, not fucking KTM, JH and AC.
St Ann More
7/12/2014 10:29am
I'm disappointed, i wanted to see him win another two moto's and continue his streak... in MX2, that's unlikely.
Jefro98
7/12/2014 10:30am
Dx3moto wrote:
kongols wrote:
I don`t think Herlings has ever raced MX2 at MXDN. He`s always been on 350, even when he was 16.
Herlings raced the MX2 class in Italy 2009.
2011, 2012 he was on the 350 indeed.
steve_97060
7/12/2014 10:31am
The teams make the best decisions for THEM.. KTM is a business, they make decisions with their best interests in mind, and they seem to be...

jamma10 wrote:
I'm sorry, but you're crazy if you think KTM have ordered Cairoli to drop down to the MX2 class for the MXdN. Why on earth would...
I'm sorry, but you're crazy if you think KTM have ordered Cairoli to drop down to the MX2 class for the MXdN.

reading comprehension.. wtf did I say that?

I said that they each make decisions that are best for them.

damn...
jamma10
7/12/2014 10:40am

jamma10 wrote:
I'm sorry, but you're crazy if you think KTM have ordered Cairoli to drop down to the MX2 class for the MXdN. Why on earth would...

reading comprehension.. wtf did I say that?

I said that they each make decisions that are best for them.

damn...
Sorry maybe I misunderstood, my bad.

Post a reply to: It's official Cairoli in MX2 for MXDN

The Latest