It's not the Yamaha...

bigborefan
Edited Date/Time 2/11/2012 11:31pm
All you Bubba fan boys need to get over it. It's not the bike. Bubba has always hit the dirt a lot. He got cocky, he got complacent. He started believing Ralph's FMOTP hype and it bit him.

RV2 came on like a hurricane, and so far only Reedy has stepped it up to try and challenge RV2. Reed is a bad dude.

Even if the bike is not at 100%, who's to blame? JGR, Bubba, Showa, Pirelli?
|
petie11o5
2/11/2012 10:30pm
You're a fucking idiot.

Also, great post pal!!!
bobby397
2/11/2012 10:31pm
james will crash anything he rides! that being said, he isnt the only rider to complain about the bike, tommy hahn and nick wey comes to mind,
kongols
2/11/2012 10:32pm
Pourcel looks like genius about now.
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
2/11/2012 10:34pm
No at the professional level that bike is not working. I am fully onboard that bandwagon now. James has 7 wins from 2010 to now where the previous season on the "normal" Yamaha he won 11 races. He has crashed more than ever on the bike. Other teams have ran away from that bike. Besides a few wins from James and few podiums for Josh Hill, who has had success on the new machine here in the states?

The Shop

mark_swart
2/11/2012 10:37pm
James is to blame because he had a chance to bail from that bike and he didn't. So now he gets to bail from it involuntarily almost every round. Should have gone with the RMZ, plain and simple.
James did NOT crash the Kawasaki 450 as much as he crashes the Yamaha. Period. Now granted maybe a contributing reason he crashes the Yamaha this much is the cumulative number of concussions, but the bike doesn't seem to be helping.
Not a JS fan boy whatsoever, just saying what it looks like to me.
yamaha581
2/11/2012 10:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2012 10:40pm
Justin Brayton cant have anything to complain about with the Yamaha considering his top 10 overall finish in the motocross series with some top 5 race finishes. Considering who all was racing I dont think you can say anything bad about that
bigborefan
2/11/2012 10:43pm
I remember when a guy named Rick Johnson rode a stock Yamaha against some super exotic Honda factory bikes. He damned near won the AMA National Championship that year as well.

It just seems top me that with all that NAZCAR knowledge and Bubba being the baddest MXer ever to walk the planet, that the results should be better. All this blame the Yamaha is just an excuse IMO.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
2/11/2012 10:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2012 10:50pm
bigborefan wrote:
All you Bubba fan boys need to get over it. It's not the bike. Bubba has always hit the dirt a lot. He got cocky, he...
All you Bubba fan boys need to get over it. It's not the bike. Bubba has always hit the dirt a lot. He got cocky, he got complacent. He started believing Ralph's FMOTP hype and it bit him.

RV2 came on like a hurricane, and so far only Reedy has stepped it up to try and challenge RV2. Reed is a bad dude.

Even if the bike is not at 100%, who's to blame? JGR, Bubba, Showa, Pirelli?
If you listen to DMXS radio interviews and the Pulp podcasts you might change your mind.

I like that bike and have wanted one since they came out, but I have heard Bailey say he thinks the bike has issues, Chad called it a turd, Ferry said he rode it once and didn't want to ride it again, Michael Byrne call it an odd duck, RV say " if it's an odd duck how good can they really make it?" and Matthes has said many other top pros say it has issues, and these are just the comments I have heard.

I think it's a great bike for for 99.9% of people, but I have to wonder after all those comments is it really good for the top pros.
mark_swart
2/11/2012 10:48pm
bigborefan wrote:
I remember when a guy named Rick Johnson rode a stock Yamaha against some super exotic Honda factory bikes. He damned near won the AMA National...
I remember when a guy named Rick Johnson rode a stock Yamaha against some super exotic Honda factory bikes. He damned near won the AMA National Championship that year as well.

It just seems top me that with all that NAZCAR knowledge and Bubba being the baddest MXer ever to walk the planet, that the results should be better. All this blame the Yamaha is just an excuse IMO.
The Yamaha might be fine for 99 percent of us, and a lot of other pros, but the stats clearly show it isn't working for Stewart.
kongols
2/11/2012 10:51pm
He needs to go to church or somethin`.
BAD10
2/11/2012 10:55pm
Whatever it is, I'm starting to believe that Stewart will never win another title...... All the crashing is getting ridiculous.
bigborefan
2/11/2012 10:56pm
Maybe JGR can lease him a factory Honda, those bikes seem to be working pretty good. Didn't JBone say they will use what is best,they are not tied to a particular sponsor?

Run a blue Honda with Yamaha stickers, and Dunlops with Pirelli badges. Now that's thinking outside the box!
bigborefan
2/11/2012 10:57pm
BAD10 wrote:
Whatever it is, I'm starting to believe that Stewart will never win another title...... All the crashing is getting ridiculous.
I heard he's been training with Greg Albertyn.
P
2/11/2012 11:00pm
BAD10 wrote:
I can agree with that. All you can say is WTF?!

P
jtomasik
2/11/2012 11:04pm
Best wishes to Stewie. I hope he finds his groove again before he leaves our sport.
Pdub
2/11/2012 11:10pm
You guys act like no one else went down in those whoops tonight...
level
The bike may have something to do with it but I think it's more Stewart. He's got the speed on the bike so that's not the issue. The issue is there are some fast mother fucking guys out there this year and they got confidence now. There not intimidated by Stewart anymore.
SoCalMX70
I honestly hope JS gets his shit together because this series is about to turn into a 2 horse race (with Dungey being a bit off the pace at this point).

It's so sad that its predictable. I shit you not that I told my girlfriend right when the heats started "Awesome, long whoop section tonight! I guarantee Stewart is going to go down in them in his heat or the main." ... and it happened! I didn't say it because I wanted it to happen (I'd never wish that), but that is the longest whoop section I've seen in a LONG time... and I cringed every time they showed him going through them.
andymoto
2/11/2012 11:13pm
jtomasik wrote:
Best wishes to Stewie. I hope he finds his groove again before he leaves our sport.
Much agreed.
gjbruny
2/11/2012 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2012 11:22pm
bigborefan wrote:
I remember when a guy named Rick Johnson rode a stock Yamaha against some super exotic Honda factory bikes. He damned near won the AMA National...

i think it is a combo of a weird bike set up with no REAL factory R&D at the top racing level and the fact that JS rested on his laurels while everyone else busted their butts and passed him.

while i don't think it is entirely the bike's fault, i certainly have never seen a NASCAR blitzing the whoops........ and without full factory support, it is like JGR trying to set up an Michael Schumacher's F-1 car.......... two entirely different machines.

running around in a big circle 500 times at 180mph without having to ever shift gears is entirely different than clearing a 90 foot triple

the only thing JGR has over other race teams is more cash and a hell of a machine shop......... talent in bike set-up...... no more than the rest of the teams.
bents
Fantasy
710th
2/11/2012 11:22pm
level wrote:
The bike may have something to do with it but I think it's more Stewart. He's got the speed on the bike so that's not the...
The bike may have something to do with it but I think it's more Stewart. He's got the speed on the bike so that's not the issue. The issue is there are some fast mother fucking guys out there this year and they got confidence now. There not intimidated by Stewart anymore.
There you go. I've said it before and I'll say it again-James let these guys catch up while he was fucking around with Bubba's World and not racing outdoors and these guys were putting the hammer down, including Reed. Look at where Reed is right now? Why? Because he took on the challenge of racing the Ryans outdoors. I firmly believe this. Reed knew the pace he needed to run, and went out and found it-the guy is a fucking animal.
kongols
2/11/2012 11:27pm
It`s like an experiment of how much abuse can a rider take. It`s not funny.
SoCalMX70
2/11/2012 11:31pm
bents wrote:
There you go. I've said it before and I'll say it again-James let these guys catch up while he was fucking around with Bubba's World and...
There you go. I've said it before and I'll say it again-James let these guys catch up while he was fucking around with Bubba's World and not racing outdoors and these guys were putting the hammer down, including Reed. Look at where Reed is right now? Why? Because he took on the challenge of racing the Ryans outdoors. I firmly believe this. Reed knew the pace he needed to run, and went out and found it-the guy is a fucking animal.
Even being a huge Reed fan, I'm surprised at how much speed he's continued to pick up over the years. Not bad for a 30 year old eh?

Gives me hope to start doing the novice class again at 27 after not riding seriously for a few years Silly

Post a reply to: It's not the Yamaha...

The Latest