It sure looked like RV jumped on RED

SwapperMX
2/26/2012 1:57am
Thanks OC. That is how I was looking at it, and the camera view that you got on live tele clearly showed the lights on in the turn before RV entered that turn. I was very, very surprised that the AMA decided to not take any action. The downed rider had to jump out of the way because RV had jumped the triple. One that the AMA has got wrong in my eyes.
Whitey
2/26/2012 2:02am
If you freeze it at the 1 second mark Ryan is landing from the jump in the previous straight before he makes the corner and you can clearly see lights on, however they look yellow. So he had plenty of time to see the lights.

I actually just wanted to get in a 10 pager
darius228
2/26/2012 2:18am
The guy raced through the checker's in his heat race..... can you say tunnel vision?
waitn4
2/26/2012 2:38am
darius228 wrote:
The guy raced through the checker's in his heat race..... can you say tunnel vision?
Regardless of how narrow RVs tunnel was his field of vision crossed the flashing yellow lights, the crazy in your face flagged, and the flashing red lights otherwise he would have rode right into the stands. I am pretty sure to make a left hand turn you actually have to turn your head and look left until your body and the bike follow.

The Shop

Moto619
2/26/2012 2:59am
Congratulations to Ryan Villopoto the first blind man to finish on the podium in AMA supercross. Didn't RJ once say "if you ain't cheating you ain't winning"?
waitn4
2/26/2012 3:11am
Moto619 wrote:
Congratulations to Ryan Villopoto the first blind man to finish on the podium in AMA supercross. Didn't RJ once say "if you ain't cheating you ain't...
Congratulations to Ryan Villopoto the first blind man to finish on the podium in AMA supercross. Didn't RJ once say "if you ain't cheating you ain't winning"?
More like if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin. RV tried and almost passed dungey twice if it weren't for a bobble he would have had closed the distance to make that last block pass.
2/26/2012 7:29am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2012 7:33am
Do those triple lights even turn yellow? Those lights were red regardless.

Red lights always override a yellow flag. That's like saying if a guy is waving a yellow and a guy is waving a red cross it's OK to jump! That's the point of the lights. You don't need a flagger.

Those lights were flashing red. Red is a very bright color and TV's are not to fond of it. That's why strong red stuff seems to "glow." Depending on your shitty tv setting it might be more orangish... coupled with a grainy quality screen grab and voila, it looks kind of yellow. RV has a red plate in those grabs and it looks black because it's not illuminated like the light so it doesn't have as much "glow".
bents
Fantasy
710th
2/26/2012 8:44am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2012 8:55am
If there are no consequences, don't have any rules. Mark Twain once said, "In order to punish less often, punish more severely." With that in mind, if you dock RV a position or two for the infraction, everyone will have more respect for the lights and right now it seems like they don't. When we have another catastrophic event over a triple b/c someone decided not to see the red light, we will come back to this thread. If RV was over that triple a 1/2 second sooner, there would have been carnage-his season would have been over. Would that have been worth it? He would have still stayed in 2nd. He wouldn't have had the chance to catch RD, but he wouldn't have ended his season. Or was he worried about Stewart catching him?

That is the problem with the AMA-no jam to make a decision and be firm with it. Leads to no credibility.
kongols
2/26/2012 8:46am
bents wrote:
If there are no consequences, don't have any rules. Mark Twain once said, "In order to punish less often, punish more severely." With that in mind...
If there are no consequences, don't have any rules. Mark Twain once said, "In order to punish less often, punish more severely." With that in mind, if you dock RV a position or two for the infraction, everyone will have more respect for the lights and right now it seems like they don't. When we have another catastrophic event over a triple b/c someone decided not to see the red light, we will come back to this thread. If RV was over that triple a 1/2 second sooner, there would have been carnage-his season would have been over. Would that have been worth it? He would have still stayed in 2nd. He wouldn't have had the chance to catch RD, but he wouldn't have ended his season. Or was he worried about Stewart catching him?

That is the problem with the AMA-no jam to make a decision and be firm with it. Leads to no credibility.
4 hours of my bitching nicely put in one post.
bents
Fantasy
710th
2/26/2012 8:57am
Had a quick edit-"seems like they DON'T, not do". Sorry. Kongois got my point. Regardless of who jumped on the red light, I would want to see a penalty-RV is irrelevant to me.
Mstock
2/26/2012 9:21am
The race is in the books. RV lost. Move on.

Post a reply to: It sure looked like RV jumped on RED

The Latest