It saddens me to think we possibly could have...

8/1/2014 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 11:45am
....a 2015 SX season with no RV or Stewie. Pending RV's decision and the FIM/WADA's ruling, it, obviously, could happen.

When RC left it really took its toll for a bit to me. I'm not a RV fan but I would hate to lose both he and Bubba for next season for whatever reasons.

I hold hope that Stew's will be more of a warning like MLB did and that RV at least races the MXGPs. Would love to see him take on AC222. That would be pretty epic.

|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
8/1/2014 4:57pm
I agree, I am a bigger Stewart fan when he is a underdog but I hate seeing all this play out.
mxfiend
8/1/2014 4:58pm
there will still be just as much entertainment no need to worry
downard254
8/1/2014 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 5:03pm
Evolution of the sport.

Hated seeing Barnett retire, and Hannah, and Bailey getting hurt, and RJ getting hurt then struggling toward retirement, Bradshaw being so fast then retiring, then coming back and doing O.K., then retiring again, Stanton and Ward retiring, MC retiring, RC, Windham. Thing is, the racing is still exciting. It's inevitable that they are all going to call it quit sometime. Gotta enjoy what we can, when we can. I for one am just glad there is still good racing to be found.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/1/2014 5:02pm
If it happens, it's part of the continual evolution.

The Shop

Sandberm
8/1/2014 5:03pm
I think there will be plenty of entertainment and good racing next year in sx.

I'm over James, just when I thought he was putting in a good push this year in both sx and mx, we the fans get drug through another dramafest. Its getting old, sort of like the Allessi drama.

I'm cool with RV not doing sx...I really really really want him to do the GP's. I want him to kick Euro ass and be arrogant and talk about guns and the flag and hunting and I want him to show up to every race in his Raptor.Tongue

USA! USA! USA!
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
8/1/2014 5:05pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I agree, I am a bigger Stewart fan when he is a underdog but I hate seeing all this play out.
What lostboy said 100%. . .

I really used to like RV riding the 85, especially that video of him smoking Alberteen(sp?). . .
Nowadays, not so much. Can't really explain why, just not a fan of the way he comes across.

Stewart? Been a fan ever since I saw that video of him talking about Didi (a girl he had a crush on) while sitting between pastrana and carmicheal in an RV. I believe he was on 60's then (I may be wrong, but don't think so).

PS
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
8/1/2014 5:06pm
GuyB wrote:
If it happens, it's part of the continual evolution.
Yep. All the great riders move on eventually. I'm just glad when they can move on healthy.
8/1/2014 5:08pm
Not me. Old riders go and new riders come. It's part of what makes things interesting. The last thing I want to see is some rider dominate for an entire decade like McGrath and RC did.
TeamGreen
8/1/2014 5:10pm
While I will miss the 2 Ubber-Fast-Guys...

The Racing will still be Epic
stewie94
8/1/2014 5:18pm
move on to the next , ill be ready to spectate to next season with or with out stew & villy , cant wait to see wilson , seely , mookie & anderson mix it up with the others
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
8/1/2014 5:29pm
Looks at the MX2 class in the MXGP last weekend, sometimes when the fast guy/s go, the racing becomes more interesting, though it does not normally take long for another rider to take of the mantle of the "Rider to beat"

Agree though it will suck with no RV2 or JS7 on the line in 2015 if that does eventuate.
jtiger12
8/1/2014 5:29pm
What if reed retires too? Could be a trifecta of suckage
erikcrvjl
8/1/2014 5:48pm
erikcrvjl wrote:
In before dumbgeon!
Why would this go to the Dumbgeon?
This exact same thread has been posted like twenty times already, the whole, "I'm so sad we'll never see bubba ride anymore"

I don't know it's just getting old to me.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
8/1/2014 5:49pm
From what has been said, Reed, RV and Stewart were planning on retiring after 2015 anyway. I'm going out on a limb here, but it would bet that RV retires and doesn't go to the GP's, Stewart will get out of the suspension somehow, I've even heard rumors that they are changing the rules to keep him from being sidelined. He will probably have some kind of issue and retire early anyways, but it think he'll line up @ A-1. Reed will decide if his back and other ailments will let him do another season or not. I can see him trying to race A-1 and if he's off the pace or too injured to ride, he'll call it quits. JMHO

You can count on Tomac, Canard and Dungey sticking around for awhile. There will be some familiar faces on new bikes that will all be top 5 contenders. (Roczen, Millsaps, Pieck, Anderson, Grant, Wilson, Brayton and Seely) and there's always Short, Mookie, Alessi, Metcalfe, Hahn, Tickle
4stroke4DWIN
8/1/2014 6:45pm
erikcrvjl wrote:
In before dumbgeon!
erikcrvjl wrote:
This exact same thread has been posted like twenty times already, the whole, "I'm so sad we'll never see bubba ride anymore" I don't know it's...
This exact same thread has been posted like twenty times already, the whole, "I'm so sad we'll never see bubba ride anymore"

Then why post in it? People just can't help themselves I suppose. Just gotta say something eh?
Bigfoot
8/1/2014 6:58pm

I don't know, racing just hasn't been the same for me ever since Bill Nilsson retired. Sad
plowboy
8/1/2014 7:01pm
Glad I have so many races recorded. Just so I can SHOW the whipper snappers those old fast guys. The new crew of hot dogs are doing just fine by the sport. I hope someone fits the media darling mold so we can get big time exposure. We are just one million hit star away from BIG time. Hope DC is ready for that barrage.
erikcrvjl
8/1/2014 9:56pm
erikcrvjl wrote:
This exact same thread has been posted like twenty times already, the whole, "I'm so sad we'll never see bubba ride anymore" I don't know it's...

Then why post in it? People just can't help themselves I suppose. Just gotta say something eh?
Because I live in America, that's why. It sounds like you're anti first amendment? Got something to admit buddy?

Just joking, please don't shoot.

8/1/2014 10:16pm
The racing will still be great...it will be weird to not see them there but it was a matter of time anyways.
Outsider
8/1/2014 11:09pm
With those two gone, who will everyone hate?!
willie838
8/1/2014 11:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 11:31pm
Fear not! Rumor has it that the legendary hank peppercorn is in training to make a comeback- he dominated the moonshine motorbicycle circuit in the south in the mid 30s.

8/2/2014 12:59am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 1:22am
As MC got towards the end of his career...we had RC coming on. Then a few years later we had Stew. As Stew began to struggle...then we had RV...who was just a machine. So fast and consistent. With RV and Stew possibly retiring, it is the 1st time I can remember the top guys leaving, and not feeling like there were new guys taking it to a higher/faster level. It feels like with Stew and RV (and possibly Reed soon after) gone...the talent level is going to drop, at least in SX. I think Tomac is something special in MX / outdoors, but in SX...it just seems there is no one at quite top top level.

enketchum
8/2/2014 1:09am
It has been painful to watch Stewart these last few years. You see his amazing fits of speed but you know he is probably going to crash that night. And it usually happens. Having several Anaheim rounds, San Diego, and Las Vegas lets us see him too often. Or sometimes you see him going well,,, and then Reed passes him and takes the win.
8/2/2014 3:51am
What are you talking about? This year in SX...he was pretty damn consistent. Swapped out at A1....that was a big one. Grabbed too much front brake at Atlanta and lost the front. 1st corner pile up at Indy when Seeley pin balled into him..not his doing. Jammed his knee without even falling at NJ. Where are all these crashes you speak of in 2014.... 2013 was not that bad either. Nothing compared to his Yamaha days.
8/2/2014 4:20am
The racing always goes on and I will be as big of a fan as ever but very hard to replace someone who revolutionized the sport in ways.

I just don't want to lose James like this. Yes, they dropped the ball. But, a sport this small should never turn over such important decisions to someone who cares nothing for or has any interest in the welfare of the sport. He should be punished but not a long term ban which will, inevitably, just hurt out sport. especially considering it wasn't anything hardcore and was for a medical condition. But that's a whole other story.

Hope RV goes to MXGP and rocks it and hope Bubba's punishment is reasonable. For the fans, for the athletes and, most importantly, for our sport.
8/2/2014 5:01am
I think the image and personalities of the current top US riders is great for the sport. Dungey, Canard, and Tomac are upbeat, humble, appreciative, and great role model material. Change is good. JS, RV, and CR already made their millions of dollars from this sport. Thanks for the memories but I'm ready for them to be put out to pasture.
8/2/2014 6:09am
Outsider wrote:
With those two gone, who will everyone hate?!
The German kid and the arrogant Colorado kid.

Post a reply to: It saddens me to think we possibly could have...

The Latest