Isle Of Man TT (2016)

Scrambler_Man
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2016 12:39pm
Dunlop is fucking killing it. New lap records and absolutely demolished the competition in super bikes.

Looking to be a very exciting week of racing.

It is on Velocity TV at 8pm, if you are interested.
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/6/2016 1:00am
Was expecting a bit more out of anstey and the moto gp replica , but a crash seems to have beaten him up a bit
Bearuno
6/6/2016 1:23am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2016 2:05am
Michael Dunlop set a 133.393 Lap Speed record on lap 2 = under 17 minutes for that lap. With a 130.306 mph race average - Of a 37.73mile long course, in a 6 lap (226.38 miles) race.. Fffaaaaaaark.

Says he thinks he can do a 134, or 135 mph lap - he's frightening to watch - well, they all are, especially now that so many are routinely doing 130mph laps

This, is not SX folks!

I wonder how Lougher is going with the Suter MMX500? I assume he can only race it in the Senior. I do hope he stays safe, he's won his races, and at 53, I'd hate to see the TT course bite him.. I think Anstey got into the top ten on the RC213V-S.

Only just found out that an ex-patriot Aussie, now resident on the IOM, Dwight Beare, had died during the first Sidecar race. And, a local IOM racer , Paul Shoesmith, crashed at Sulby in practice, and died . RIP, Paul and Dwight.

Not been able to keep up with much of it at the moment. Have to try harder.

This will get you to a good source of TT videos, John McGuiness' TT Diaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1c6wuJfx4Y

Looks like McG only lost 3kg of the 10 he had to get one of the Mugen Shengen E Bikes, but, his off hand comment seems to indicate he got one anyway! Maybe just for display at the TT, but I hope he has it for home.Whistling

Bearuno
6/6/2016 1:55am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2016 2:05am
scott_nz wrote:
Was expecting a bit more out of anstey and the moto gp replica , but a crash seems to have beaten him up a bit
Pretty bloody hard to better the supremely developed CBRs and now the BMs, Kawis (and other Superbikes). 8th against them is pretty bloody good - but behind David Johnson on the Aprilia engined Norton ( it's good to see them finally have a decent run of it)

The course knocks the hell out of the bikes, and a potentially 'flighty' Moto GP replica, being used for the first time there is up against it. Anstey reportedly, loves it, and, if they keep developing it for Real Roads courses, it could be the ultimate weapon. But, it has a bit of a way to go.

Let's see if he uses it in the Senior. I would like to see Bruce get another TT win, even if he is a 'dastardly Kiwi'.......::and, if he gets out of bed on the right side, as they say, he could do a blinder of a race .

The Shop

philG
6/6/2016 2:15am
Its available to listen to on Manx Radio AM , all through race week, and follow on live timing, but its getting to the point where I struggle to follow it. My friend went missing on the last lap of the superbike race, and then I got whisper of another fatality . Turns out he broke down , and was ok , but was then first on the scene to the guy that went down in evening practice, who was also a realy close friend of his,

Don't know if he will ride the rest of the week , selfishly I kind of hope not.

And Davo Johnson is certainly going well on the Norton, beating that RCV is a feather in his cap for sure. I know him well and I know how hard he is trying .
Bearuno
6/6/2016 3:09am
Superbike Race press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqE6coDqOxw#t=139.22

McG, as usual, entertaining and open / honest.

Hutchy, for you blokes that might judge him on his quiet voice, just look him up - 5 TT wins in 2010 TT week, to then have a prang at a 'safe' short circuit, and go through over 30 operations to save his leg - to get 3 TT race wins last year. A genuinely hard man, that makes so many others look like Prima Donnas.

Michael Dunlop - so very different outwardly than his father Robert, and his Uncle Joey - I don't think I've ever seen / met another bloke that so confronts me as being completely, viciously focused on the job at hand.. I , for one, hope he never follows up on his ambition of racing Sidecars at the TT - those blokes really do run frightening risks, and I don't know how a F2 / TT Sidecar rig could cope with his way of riding - I've largely worked on SCs at the TT in the last 5 years, and those things take the worst pounding of any vehicle there. He, I feel, would crush one.
twnorton
6/6/2016 5:23am
Absolutely no run off anywhere on the course. These guys are super human. Sad to see a handful have already passed away this year....
Rdracer598
6/6/2016 5:48am
Wish Guy Martin was racing this year. Love his interviews. The TT is on my list of races to attend
home skillet
6/6/2016 7:04am
You have to have a death wish and be some what of a mental case to ride there, riders get killed on a regular basis. I do enjoy watching it though!
CoolLaughing
Scrambler_Man
6/6/2016 8:50am
The Moto GP racers may as well be little girls on a unicorn carousel compared to these guys.

Bearuno
6/6/2016 9:39am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2016 9:40am
"He's in pretty good Nick, considering he's lost a fair bit of his face: his jaw and bottom teeth"

Farrrrrrk, so much for 4 wheels being safe. I guess he might look like Hillbilly, now.........

And no, I don't want to see any pictures of his injuries , Banjo Boy.
hillbilly
6/6/2016 9:55am
Bearuno wrote:
"He's in pretty good Nick, considering he's lost a fair bit of his face: his jaw and bottom teeth" Farrrrrrk, so much for 4 wheels being...
"He's in pretty good Nick, considering he's lost a fair bit of his face: his jaw and bottom teeth"

Farrrrrrk, so much for 4 wheels being safe. I guess he might look like Hillbilly, now.........

Don't need teeth to drink.
6/6/2016 10:10am
The speeds that Dunlop and Hutch were carrying in that first super bike race was insane! Absolutely on the limit straight off the line, had a few big moments that had me looking away from the tv.
6/6/2016 11:03am
That was amazing. So then I started watching random videos and saw this. Moto is awesome... https://youtu.be/SU_8pHbo1IM
That was amazing. So then I started watching random videos and saw this. Moto is awesome...

https://youtu.be/SU_8pHbo1IM
0:19.......amateur.
Bearuno
6/6/2016 3:21pm
Thank you Matti.

I pre - ordered Hutchies story, and it should be with me in a few days, but it's great to see this TV version.

I hope a few here watch it, and see a bloke that never gave / gives up.

These blokes don't have bloody death wish, as a previous poster wrote, they have a love of living life to the fullest. And, it's the blokes / blokettes that are the 'also rans' that exemplify that attitude the most.

Thanks also for the Pre Show and the Superbike race - I don't have cable, and if I go to my brothers to watch it on his mega screen, my liver takes too much of a hammering.......

If you could put up the coming shows, I'd much appreciate it.

Feeling a bit lost not being there this year, but, my mum's birthday had to take precedence for once, it's been hard on her my not being around for it for over a decade now.
Bearuno
6/6/2016 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2016 9:18am
Some more video of the Suter MMX 576cc 2t - at the IOM, this is the start of a 3 year race development plan, this really is jumping into the deep end :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd66AZWBzOo

Don't be put off by the subtitles - Ian Lougher is interviewed in (Irish) English

https://youtu.be/zd66AZWBzOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MWzqN3xTw

https://youtu.be/V2MWzqN3xTw

You can buy one, at a starting point of 80,000 Brit Pounds, if I recall correctly.............
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/6/2016 7:47pm
If you like road racing, or at least the idea of road racing, watch ROAD, it is on Netflix. It is the story of the Dunlop...
If you like road racing, or at least the idea of road racing, watch ROAD, it is on Netflix. It is the story of the Dunlop racing family. It is a great documentary with some amazing race footage and very good story telling.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3546370/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
agreed very powerfull movie, "TT closer to the edge" is worth a watch as well,
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/6/2016 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2016 8:31pm
Bearuno wrote:
"He's in pretty good Nick, considering he's lost a fair bit of his face: his jaw and bottom teeth" Farrrrrrk, so much for 4 wheels being...

hillbilly wrote:
Don't need teeth to drink.
Jaw does a pretty good job of keeping liquids in though! Maybe he could just tilt his head back and pour it straight in?

Watching it now. 130mph avg! That is insane!!

Do they not have starters?
willie838
6/6/2016 10:12pm
Azcrf331 wrote:
Definitely on my bucket list

wow at 2:10. i've got a cbr1krr and i don't think i've ever seen the earth peel back anywhere near at that rate. jesus h christ.
hillbilly
6/7/2016 6:54am
I just don't get why youd want the risk with all the tracks you could race on.

I could drink without a head.
philG
6/7/2016 6:59am
hillbilly wrote:

Because you can.

hillbilly
6/7/2016 7:09am
hillbilly wrote:

philG wrote:
Because you can.

I quit racing hare scrambles because of hitting trees,i see myself sticking thru a window there.

I like lots of runoff and a ambulance within eyesight.
philG
6/7/2016 7:34am
hillbilly wrote:
I quit racing hare scrambles because of hitting trees,i see myself sticking thru a window there.

I like lots of runoff and a ambulance within eyesight.
I race supermoto and MX because I like to be only 5 minutes away from an ambulance, or my camper , and 10 minutes away from a rest..

I think they are nuts too, but having 2 good mates who are there doing it , and loving it, who am I to question ?

I think Hare Scrambles are crazy , each to their own.

Now Desert guys.. they are special.
Bearuno
6/7/2016 8:21am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2016 9:06am
The full 16 minutes and .58 seconds 'onboard'of Dunlops record lap in the Superbike Race. :

https://youtu.be/5nlzxR6lN7Q

So, right now, MD has that win. Hutchy has won the Superstock - 'mildly' modified 1000s, on treaded tyres, and he goes 16.54.259 @133.918 mph! Though, that was Glen Helen to Glen Helen (for you GH worshippers), so , not an official record as such, I think. With, as he said, "the tarmac melting all over the place" And, he won the first Supersport race - 600s.

MD was disqualified from 2nd place in the first Supersport race - due to something that the organisers said gave him no advantage / wasn't an attempt at cheating. A stuff up / mistake that didn't comply with rules. Rules are rules = fair enough. Another bloke who finished somewhere around 14th(?), was DQ'd for a bike with a significant over bore. MD DNF'd the Superstock race with a broken gear lever.

And, if you can, just watch this press conference after the Superstock (and the earlier Supersport race) :

https://youtu.be/Aeaw0RkiNCo

No 'you knows', no , 'ems and ahhs', no grandstanding bullshit. A lot of highest level prima donnas could learn a thing or two from these blokes.
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1281st
6/7/2016 9:10am
I Watched that Miracle Man segment, and i looked away when they showed his leg after the crash.

I went through a smiliar ordeal with my left forearm (albeit not as terrible), and unlike Hutchy, it ended my racing career. I could not grasp the thought of going through that much pain ever again.

This man is one tough son of a bitch.

Post a reply to: Isle Of Man TT (2016)

The Latest