Is this DM 18 s bike on ebay ?

Jack mehoff
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
8/30/2014 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2014 9:29pm
It's a 250f.... So no

BE VERY CAREFUL about buying things from that team on eBay. My dad purchased pro circuit cams from davi's rmz450 through eBay and a guy that was supposedly affiliated with the team. 1 cam was correct..... The other was for a 250f.... Totally got screwed.

Wouldn't give a refund, wouldn't respond, quit eBay I believe.... Total shit show. Just be careful...

Not to bang on that team, they seem great from top to bottom.... But....there is just a guy who has access to team parts you should avoid.
Cashmore
8/30/2014 9:25pm
No... its a 250f lol might be bobby hewitts sons bike, Hunter? Bot not Davi's
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
648th
8/30/2014 9:26pm
Yes it is because dm18 secretly rode a 250 in the 450 class in 13.

ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/30/2014 9:28pm
That's definitely one of Rockstar's ex-Suzuki RM-Z250s. I know the rider that bought it from the team.

The Shop

Cashmore
8/30/2014 9:31pm
ML512 wrote:
That's definitely one of Rockstar's ex-Suzuki RM-Z250s. I know the rider that bought it from the team.
No doubt it's one of their bikes, Looks like blake and sipes/t-hahns? numbers on the garage door
mxb2
8/30/2014 9:33pm
bike is sick.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/30/2014 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2014 9:34pm
ML512 wrote:
Cashmore wrote:
No doubt it's one of their bikes, Looks like blake and sipes/t-hahns? numbers on the garage door
They bought a few bikes, I'm not sure how many however.
Jack mehoff
8/30/2014 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2014 9:38pm
I didn't think it was his race bike , but I have had shop deals/ sponsorship s where I would get 2 125s and a 250 for the year , I would imagine he would probably get the same deal practice bike wise .if it was Davies bike at one time
ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/30/2014 9:42pm
I didn't think it was his race bike , but I have had shop deals/ sponsorship s where I would get 2 125s and a 250...
I didn't think it was his race bike , but I have had shop deals/ sponsorship s where I would get 2 125s and a 250 for the year , I would imagine he would probably get the same deal practice bike wise .if it was Davies bike at one time
For 250 teams, it's common to see them build their riders a 450 practice bike to train on. But it's extremely uncommon for a 450 team to build their riders 250s to ride. (I actually can't think of one instance off the top of my head)
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
8/30/2014 9:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2014 9:44pm
I didn't think it was his race bike , but I have had shop deals/ sponsorship s where I would get 2 125s and a 250...
ML512 wrote:
For 250 teams, it's common to see them build their riders a 450 practice bike to train on. But it's extremely uncommon for a 450 team...
For 250 teams, it's common to see them build their riders a 450 practice bike to train on. But it's extremely uncommon for a 450 team to build their riders 250s to ride. (I actually can't think of one instance off the top of my head)
In the off-road world maybe. I know Russell Bobbitt trained on a 150xc and raced his 250 on the weekends.....

That's a far cry from SX/mx though
8/30/2014 9:45pm
LOL....so you get a factory 250f motor with one hour on it. So that means you get to ride it for 90 minutes before it grenades. Seriously...the last thing you want to own is a pro built 250f motor. The going rate to keep a pro motor running is $750-$1000 PER HOUR. Then there is the suspension. Note that there is no mention of that...so you are probably getting nothing there. Great deal....
ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/30/2014 9:45pm
ML512 wrote:
For 250 teams, it's common to see them build their riders a 450 practice bike to train on. But it's extremely uncommon for a 450 team...
MxKing809 wrote:
In the off-road world maybe. I know Russell Bobbitt trained on a 150xc and raced his 250 on the weekends..... That's a far cry from SX/mx...
In the off-road world maybe. I know Russell Bobbitt trained on a 150xc and raced his 250 on the weekends.....

That's a far cry from SX/mx though
Off-road, yes. I've seen it quite a bit. But in the MX world, no.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/30/2014 9:49pm
LOL....so you get a factory 250f motor with one hour on it. So that means you get to ride it for 90 minutes before it grenades...
LOL....so you get a factory 250f motor with one hour on it. So that means you get to ride it for 90 minutes before it grenades. Seriously...the last thing you want to own is a pro built 250f motor. The going rate to keep a pro motor running is $750-$1000 PER HOUR. Then there is the suspension. Note that there is no mention of that...so you are probably getting nothing there. Great deal....
There's a mention of the A-kits being included, plus they're in the picture of the bike being sold. Read before ranting. Smile
Jack mehoff
8/30/2014 9:53pm
ML512 wrote:
Thanks that answered the question floating around my head , If. You know what's pretty standard with today's factory riders do they just give them one bike to use for the season ? Or do they get another half way through ? I know with my first 125 off the year it was pretty beat up by half way ,stretched frames etc , and it would turn into my practice bike and I would try to save the 2 nd as just a race day bike , and you would think the 450 riders would want to switch it up once and a while and ride a 250 for the change off pace etc
Jack mehoff
8/30/2014 9:56pm
LOL....so you get a factory 250f motor with one hour on it. So that means you get to ride it for 90 minutes before it grenades...
I more than happy with my 07 RM 125 and my 05 RM 250 , I have no intention off buying that thing
ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/30/2014 9:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2014 9:58pm
ML512 wrote:
Thanks that answered the question floating around my head , If. You know what's pretty standard with today's factory riders do they just give them one...
Thanks that answered the question floating around my head , If. You know what's pretty standard with today's factory riders do they just give them one bike to use for the season ? Or do they get another half way through ? I know with my first 125 off the year it was pretty beat up by half way ,stretched frames etc , and it would turn into my practice bike and I would try to save the 2 nd as just a race day bike , and you would think the 450 riders would want to switch it up once and a while and ride a 250 for the change off pace etc
That's a tough one to technically answer. Factory teams literally will build their race bikes from parts. Engines are refreshed every race (multiple spare engines that don't technically have a frame to call home), suspension is serviced every race or two (differs from sx to mx), swingarms and frames are switched every so many races.

Some of the factories do use a loan pool system for media and amateur bikes. I've also seen some team practice bikes go through this system. Those bikes would actually have VINs and an engine that belongs to that frame.

So the number of actual bikes used is very hard to truly keep track of, this depends on timeframes for parts changes from team to team.
Jack mehoff
8/30/2014 10:10pm
ML512 wrote:
Thanks that answered the question floating around my head , If. You know what's pretty standard with today's factory riders do they just give them one...
ML512 wrote:
That's a tough one to technically answer. Factory teams literally will build their race bikes from parts. Engines are refreshed every race (multiple spare engines that...
That's a tough one to technically answer. Factory teams literally will build their race bikes from parts. Engines are refreshed every race (multiple spare engines that don't technically have a frame to call home), suspension is serviced every race or two (differs from sx to mx), swingarms and frames are switched every so many races.

Some of the factories do use a loan pool system for media and amateur bikes. I've also seen some team practice bikes go through this system. Those bikes would actually have VINs and an engine that belongs to that frame.

So the number of actual bikes used is very hard to truly keep track of, this depends on timeframes for parts changes from team to team.
ML I was talking about there take home bike for practice etc , I know a lot off these guys have practice bike mechanics at there house , so say all the guys that live and train in Florida and there is a bunch , would Kenny's practice mechanic get 2 450 s a 250 sx ,250sxf band maybe some kind off woods bike to bring home for the year , and would Kenny's practice bike mechanic just send his motor back to factory services after so many hours or would call ktm and get parts and do it him self , also in my experience I would get a set amount that that bike was worth at the end off the year and if I sold it I would hand the shop a check if not I returned it . Do the top riders get to keep there practice bikes , I know the race bikes don't leave the factory shop , or do they give them last years race bikes to practice on?
mmitoptech
8/30/2014 11:02pm
ML I was talking about there take home bike for practice etc , I know a lot off these guys have practice bike mechanics at there...
ML I was talking about there take home bike for practice etc , I know a lot off these guys have practice bike mechanics at there house , so say all the guys that live and train in Florida and there is a bunch , would Kenny's practice mechanic get 2 450 s a 250 sx ,250sxf band maybe some kind off woods bike to bring home for the year , and would Kenny's practice bike mechanic just send his motor back to factory services after so many hours or would call ktm and get parts and do it him self , also in my experience I would get a set amount that that bike was worth at the end off the year and if I sold it I would hand the shop a check if not I returned it . Do the top riders get to keep there practice bikes , I know the race bikes don't leave the factory shop , or do they give them last years race bikes to practice on?
Factory bikes rarely leave the Semi assembled. Gothic Jay used to completely tear down AS29 bike after every national. The engine was put in a crate and sent back to Honda. All nuts/bolts were put into what looked like a large Mayo jar w/ I believe had Mr. Clean and some other chemical in it. The rest of the bike was put in it's assigned area of the rig. He would assemble the bike on Fridays and go through tech.
Practice bikes, I have no idea, didn't ask about those.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
8/30/2014 11:42pm
mmitoptech wrote:
Factory bikes rarely leave the Semi assembled. Gothic Jay used to completely tear down AS29 bike after every national. The engine was put in a crate...
Factory bikes rarely leave the Semi assembled. Gothic Jay used to completely tear down AS29 bike after every national. The engine was put in a crate and sent back to Honda. All nuts/bolts were put into what looked like a large Mayo jar w/ I believe had Mr. Clean and some other chemical in it. The rest of the bike was put in it's assigned area of the rig. He would assemble the bike on Fridays and go through tech.
Practice bikes, I have no idea, didn't ask about those.
Todd,

From what I'm reading of these posts, the factory race bikes rarely leave the semi intact, only at race events?
The bike, after the event gets torn down to the frame, with the motor going out, the suspension reworked/shimmed/fluids etc by the race mechanic to spec. Then drive to next event, pick up fresh motor(if there's not one already in trailer, assemble and go?

Thanks for your input, I and obviously others are interested. Maybe because u are in the position you are in, could you find out some things about practice bikes? Not gonna hold you to whatever info you find out if you can, but just interested. Hope it's not so top secret that mortals like me will never know! Laughing

Good runs on msm2 btw!!! Ive got some work to do (as geoforceracingdad told me!) haha

Thanks again man

PS
Bronson905
Fantasy
889th
8/30/2014 11:53pm
That is my friend Daniel Mills' bike, he just got yami's so he is getting rid of his Suzuki's. He's a good intermediate rider from around here. His bikes were always in such good condition, and he has his own personal mechanic so you know it's clean!
newmann
8/31/2014 6:33am
Lots of high end parts there but according to the engineers here at Vital that frame will be stretched so far out of spec by now that it wouldn't be safe to ride. Whistling
Xeno
8/31/2014 7:56am
The listing has one photo, and it is sideways. Really?

jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
8/31/2014 8:19am
So much misinformation in one thread it is not even funny.
Gringoe
8/31/2014 8:37am
jhansen510 wrote:
It's bringing me laughter though Tongue
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
8/31/2014 8:54am
jhansen510 wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
It's bringing me laughter though Tongue
Haha yes Jack. At the elite level of the sport they do things just like they did for the support ride "you had" 10 years ago lol. Fuuuunny!
mxb2
8/31/2014 9:00am
newmann wrote:
Lots of high end parts there but according to the engineers here at Vital that frame will be stretched so far out of spec by now...
Lots of high end parts there but according to the engineers here at Vital that frame will be stretched so far out of spec by now that it wouldn't be safe to ride. Whistling
x2, but 90% of vital dont ride anyway., so just buy it and put it on a stand and take pics of it lololl.
Jack mehoff
8/31/2014 9:39am
newmann wrote:
Lots of high end parts there but according to the engineers here at Vital that frame will be stretched so far out of spec by now...
Newman there is no question on my part that that is a nice bike , the parts alone are probably worth it , it's just not my flavor , also when I was speaking off my experience it was the time off steel or chromoly frames only Honda had a aluminum frame out at that time .IF ANY ONE TOOK OFFENSE TO ANY THING I POSTED IT WAS NOT MY INTENT ,, the bike looks like it has been well takin care off and you could probably not come close to building that bike for what the guy is selling it for
8/31/2014 12:07pm
ML512 wrote:
There's a mention of the A-kits being included, plus they're in the picture of the bike being sold. Read before ranting. Smile
Did read...somehow missed. But still...the last thing you want is a true national motor. Too expensive to maintain.
8/31/2014 12:29pm
Xeno wrote:
The listing has one photo, and it is sideways. Really? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/08/31/63949/s1200_Screen_Shot_2014_08_31_at_7.52.06_AM.jpg[/img]
The listing has one photo, and it is sideways. Really?

Post a reply to: Is this DM 18 s bike on ebay ?

The Latest