Is there a shortage of blue material in Maryland?

Crush
Edited Date/Time 7/13/2014 10:24am
Or a bunch of spectating flaggers?!?!

Admittedly I've only just watched the first 450 moto but I only saw one blue flag coming into Henry hill when Eli was on Trey. And there must have been about a billion other times when it was needed.

Flaggers have gotta pick their game up, especially after the Weimer Mookie deal, it's pretty poor imho.
|
hillbilly
7/12/2014 7:53pm
Martin was in a heated discussion after m2 with #70, looking at time /scoring he was one of the last riders to get lapped.

Guess he was in the way or such.
Coyote
7/12/2014 8:10pm
hillbilly wrote:
Martin was in a heated discussion after m2 with #70, looking at time /scoring he was one of the last riders to get lapped. Guess he...
Martin was in a heated discussion after m2 with #70, looking at time /scoring he was one of the last riders to get lapped.

don't think that was Martin, it was Anderson and #70
7/12/2014 8:33pm
Matt and I were talking about the blue flags on the ride home. He said they wave the blue flags way before the leaders get to you. He has pulled over more than once in the last 4 weeks, only to have it be someone who is behind him, not someone lapping him.
Gringoe
7/12/2014 8:35pm
hillbilly wrote:
Martin was in a heated discussion after m2 with #70, looking at time /scoring he was one of the last riders to get lapped. Guess he...

Coyote wrote:
don't think that was Martin, it was Anderson and #70
It was Martin

The Shop

tbright80
7/12/2014 8:40pm
Yeah it was Martin and #70 after the second moto. Not sure what happened between the two, but I saw martin rev his bike and throw his hand up at the rider then have a discussion afterwards. The lappers interfered in almost every moto today. In the first 250 moto, Webb was coming up on a pack of lappers before the angled triple up the hill and one rider decides last second to move over into Webb's line and just double the triple. Webb had to back off tremendously and luckily he did not land on the rider's back.
Gringoe
7/12/2014 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 8:46pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Matt and I were talking about the blue flags on the ride home. He said they wave the blue flags way before the leaders get to...
Matt and I were talking about the blue flags on the ride home. He said they wave the blue flags way before the leaders get to you. He has pulled over more than once in the last 4 weeks, only to have it be someone who is behind him, not someone lapping him.
Duh. They are to notify you that the leaders are COMING it does NOT MEAN "PULL OVER". See a blue flag, take a look back and see what's going on.

Saw a picture with your son and Dean Wilson throwing his arm in the air (and saw it in person). Apparently those blue things are hard to understand.. Maybe you should teach him some of that great knowledge you've garnered from your years in ama of how the blue flag works Laughing

Sounds like you need to talk to whoever the hell referees outdoors and ask him what the blue flag means. I bet you a hundred bucks it's not pull over.
7/12/2014 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 10:11pm
Gringoe wrote:
Duh. They are to notify you that the leaders are COMING it does NOT MEAN "PULL OVER". See a blue flag, take a look back and...
Duh. They are to notify you that the leaders are COMING it does NOT MEAN "PULL OVER". See a blue flag, take a look back and see what's going on.

Saw a picture with your son and Dean Wilson throwing his arm in the air (and saw it in person). Apparently those blue things are hard to understand.. Maybe you should teach him some of that great knowledge you've garnered from your years in ama of how the blue flag works Laughing

Sounds like you need to talk to whoever the hell referees outdoors and ask him what the blue flag means. I bet you a hundred bucks it's not pull over.
Who are you? It is pretty easy to be a douchebag when no one knows who you are.

Blue Flag: Indicates a rider is about to be overtaken by a faster rider. The overtaken rider should hold their line and not impede the progress of the faster rider.

They don't need to be blue flagging when the riders are two or three straightaways behind.

You wanna take pot shots at my son, how did you or your son do at the last four nationals?

mx510
Fantasy
1707th
7/12/2014 10:26pm
Gringoe wrote:
Duh. They are to notify you that the leaders are COMING it does NOT MEAN "PULL OVER". See a blue flag, take a look back and...

Seriously bro, STFU.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/12/2014 10:37pm
Crush wrote:
Or a bunch of spectating flaggers?!?! Admittedly I've only just watched the first 450 moto but I only saw one blue flag coming into Henry hill...

Admittedly I've only just watched the first 450 moto but I only saw one blue flag coming into Henry hill when Eli was on Trey. And there must have been about a billion other times when it was needed.

Flaggers have gotta pick their game up, especially after the Weimer Mookie deal, it's pretty poor imho.
What you see on TV, and what you see at the race are completely different.
ocscottie
7/12/2014 11:03pm
GuyB wrote:
Especially in the 2nd motos broadcast on NBCSN

Those of us in the bench racing threads know what im saying........it is hardly tolerable. Blink
Crush
7/13/2014 12:07am
Crush wrote:
Or a bunch of spectating flaggers?!?! Admittedly I've only just watched the first 450 moto but I only saw one blue flag coming into Henry hill...

GuyB wrote:
.... I can see more than a dozen situations in a moto where the flags aren't waving, so that doesn't count for crap.... It's not a situation where it's ok for the flags to wave 60% of the time...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/13/2014 12:11am
Crush wrote:
.... I can see more than a dozen situations in a moto where the flags aren't waving, so that doesn't count for crap.... It's not a...
.... I can see more than a dozen situations in a moto where the flags aren't waving, so that doesn't count for crap.... It's not a situation where it's ok for the flags to wave 60% of the time...
I think 100% of your stats are your perception.
Crush
7/13/2014 12:23am
Ah, well that may be your perception but when you watch the races and see the countless times leaders are coming up on lappers while the flaggers are just watching and not waving anything, you might see the other side. Camera and video tape don't lie.

It's ok to be critical of things if it needs it Guy, and the flagging has been rubbish for a while, this year especially.
7/13/2014 1:11am
Gringoe wrote:

SlowOldGuy wrote:
Who are you? It is pretty easy to be a douchebag when no one knows who you are. Blue Flag: Indicates a rider is about to...

Blue Flag: Indicates a rider is about to be overtaken by a faster rider. The overtaken rider should hold their line and not impede the progress of the faster rider.

They don't need to be blue flagging when the riders are two or three straightaways behind.

You wanna take pot shots at my son, how did you or your son do at the last four nationals?

Hehe you tell him.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
7/13/2014 5:08am
I was there and saw many blue flags but most riders didn't give a shit.
Mouse153
7/13/2014 5:12am
Markee wrote:
I was there and saw many blue flags but most riders didn't give a shit.
Ditto, the blue flags were flying all day,
Vet57
7/13/2014 5:13am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Maybe the AMA need to call up Walter White
Well played Dood....
Zycki11
7/13/2014 5:19am
The AMA/FIM need to establish the same flag crew for a series. Enough of this volunteer bs from the local track. Find the consistent group and do not waiver from them. Everyone will benefit from the top guys, the privateers, and the fans. Especially if it were to continue in this direction and someone gets hurt. Along the lines of media and perception of the blue flag. I have a hard time believing our media in this niche sport. They are in a small circle and don't want to ruffle feathers. So they are pretty biased IMO
Gringoe
7/13/2014 5:35am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2014 5:35am
Gringoe wrote:

SlowOldGuy wrote:
Who are you? It is pretty easy to be a douchebag when no one knows who you are. Blue Flag: Indicates a rider is about to...

So you acknowledge that you know what the blue flag means yet you said your son "pulled over" more than once in the last 4 weeks.

Like I said maybe you should have a talk with a ref because "pulling over" isn't what the blue flag means.

Were you going for "pop" shots? Or pot? Can't tell...

Not taking pop shots at your dear old son mike, all facts jack... He's a pro rider now and we discuss pro riders on this forum. Sooo
hillbilly
7/13/2014 5:43am
Gringoe wrote:

SlowOldGuy wrote:

Gringoe wrote:
So you acknowledge that you know what the blue flag means yet you said your son "pulled over" more than once in the last 4 weeks...
So you acknowledge that you know what the blue flag means yet you said your son "pulled over" more than once in the last 4 weeks.

Like I said maybe you should have a talk with a ref because "pulling over" isn't what the blue flag means.

Were you going for "pop" shots? Or pot? Can't tell...

Not taking pop shots at your dear old son mike, all facts jack... He's a pro rider now and we discuss pro riders on this forum. Sooo
He ment "pop"

Like "pop" a nut is what your uncle did in your momma 9 months before your birthday.
Gringoe
7/13/2014 5:44am
Man that's pretty damn funny coming from you hillbilly Laughing
rallendude
7/13/2014 6:09am
Pot shot. He had it right the first time. Look it up.
7/13/2014 6:40am
POT Shot - a criticism, especially a random or unfounded one.

When Matt is getting lapped by those guys he is making an effort to stay out of the main race line when they come by so as not to get in the way. He generally goes wide in the next corner. All Im saying is the blue flags are out way too early. He said they were waving over as lap before Martin lapped him in the second moto.

Getting lapped is not something most of these kidhs have much experience with, especially getting lapped by guys going that much faster and coming in bunches. It is not as easy as it looks and most of the kids getting lapped go wide in the next turn. That's what I meant by pull over.

DA498
7/13/2014 8:03am
Its a part of racing in this sport. Nothing new to the fast guys. Yes they get excited at the end of the moto and blow off some steam, but in the big picture they need to learn from it. Martin got smoked by Baggett at the end and he shouldn't have let that happen more than the lapper got in the way. And Im a Martin fan.
Im pretty sure most of the guys getting lapped don't want to be in the way, Its a difficult situation especially without eyes in the back of your head. And relying on some 3rd party to be those eyes is even more difficult.
Cant wait for Millville, Go Bullfrog!!!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/13/2014 8:07am
Crush wrote:
Ah, well that may be your perception but when you watch the races and see the countless times leaders are coming up on lappers while the...
Ah, well that may be your perception but when you watch the races and see the countless times leaders are coming up on lappers while the flaggers are just watching and not waving anything, you might see the other side. Camera and video tape don't lie.

It's ok to be critical of things if it needs it Guy, and the flagging has been rubbish for a while, this year especially.
There are two kinds of flaggers at the races. MX Sports guys, and local guys.

MX Sports guys have blue flags. Regular flaggers don't. I know HD is good, but it's not that good.
hillbilly
7/13/2014 10:24am
Gringoe wrote:
Man that's pretty damn funny coming from you hillbilly Laughing
Thanks, I embrace my branchless family tree,,glad you do yours as well.

Post a reply to: Is there a shortage of blue material in Maryland?

The Latest