Is the nationals VIP package worth it?

ab
2/13/2017 10:49am
Have any of you guys purchased the super ticket VIP for a National?
Im heading to Tennessee in June for the Muddy Creek national, and I'm trying to decide if the $200 VIP package is worth the money or buy general admission and try to find a good section to look at for each moto. I've been to supercross and other races before, but never to a national. This one happens to be on my birthday weekend, so I can extend my budget a little.
Any input is welcomed.
|
Fonzarelli
2/13/2017 10:52am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2017 10:59am
Every year the VIP tents take more and more of the decent viewing spots. I'm not saying whether being in one is worth $200 or not, but not being in one gets less and less worth the price of general admission every year.
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3250th
2/13/2017 11:02am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2017 11:33am
Have you been to Muddy Creek to watch a race?

Edit: Just re-read where you said you've never been to a national, so disregard that question. Muddy Creek is a track that you can see most parts from about anywhere. If you get on the backside of it at the fence, that's a good spot. The VIP seating is right in front of a big tabletop triple and the step-up bomber. I stood last year right beside the VIP section and saw 95% of the entire track. All of this information is of course if you decide not to get it. We got the RacerX pit pass, right at $100, and was satisfied with it.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
2/13/2017 11:08am
I have had those tickets at a different national, I don't know if I would pay for em. I got them for free but it was great experience was sitting down with a fan blowing on my back under a tent. With food and drink 10 feet away.
2/13/2017 11:10am
When I went to Washougal last year, myself and the wife got the VIP tickets and really enjoyed it. It gave us somewhere to sit down in the shade, had TVs playing the races so we could check positions if we wanted, they provided lunch, we got an event shirt, drinks and snacks throughout the day (alcohol wasn't included), gave us somewhere to store our belongings, it also came with an all day pit pass so we could walk in and out of the pits whenever we liked which was cool even when they had closed general admission to the pits (I think the normal pit passes only go for a small period of time). We probably didn't spend as much time in the VIP area because we went and explored the whole track and took the races in from a variety of different areas (highly recommend viewing from all over) but the VIP area gave us a good place to come back to throughout the day.

The Shop

Acidreamer
2/13/2017 11:23am
Is it worth it for redbud? Having free reign to go wherever all day sounds cool as hell
2/13/2017 11:30am
It was well worth it for me at southwick and unadilla. The tents, the views, the free food and drinks. I'd say go for it before they sell out.
olds cool
2/13/2017 11:45am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2017 1:30pm
When I went to Washougal last year, myself and the wife got the VIP tickets and really enjoyed it. It gave us somewhere to sit down...
When I went to Washougal last year, myself and the wife got the VIP tickets and really enjoyed it. It gave us somewhere to sit down in the shade, had TVs playing the races so we could check positions if we wanted, they provided lunch, we got an event shirt, drinks and snacks throughout the day (alcohol wasn't included), gave us somewhere to store our belongings, it also came with an all day pit pass so we could walk in and out of the pits whenever we liked which was cool even when they had closed general admission to the pits (I think the normal pit passes only go for a small period of time). We probably didn't spend as much time in the VIP area because we went and explored the whole track and took the races in from a variety of different areas (highly recommend viewing from all over) but the VIP area gave us a good place to come back to throughout the day.
You got an event T-shirt with your VIP ticket at Washougal? I did the VIP deal at Muddy Creek 2 yrs ago and did not get one, so that's something fairly new or they didn't get the memo at Muddy Creek. Seeing how there is only one approved T-shirt vendor for the entire series, one would assume it would be consistent from one National to another? At $25-$40 a pop, that's a significant % of the overall price of a VIP ticket.
jmx411
2/13/2017 11:46am
Been in the VIP one year at Steel City. Was well worth the $100 a ticket it was back then. The food was very good to and being able to eat all day without paying is very nice.
Carp824
2/13/2017 12:26pm
Been to Muddy Creek each year since they have had a national. I usually get general admission ticket and buy Racerx all day pit pass. About $90 total. Get there early and they let you right into Pits. Attended the riders meeting and chapel service last 2 years. Usually watch the races from Pits which provides a good viewing area. One year I stood beside Big James Stewart and watched practice. Last year I was beside Shane Mcelraths family as he he almost won his first national. Always a good experience.
ab
2/13/2017 12:46pm
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm about to pull the trigger on these VIP tickets. If you think about it $40 general admission+30 dollars in food and beverages+30 shirt. I prefer to pay 100 bucks on top of that and have a fan behind me, a good viewing area and all included pit passes. S@%# done deal! I'm gunning for that one
ab
2/13/2017 1:09pm

Done.. Ill let you guys know if the VIP was worth it in June Laughing
Sabez
7/25/2019 8:16am
ab wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/02/13/176179/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img] Done.. Ill let you guys know if the VIP was worth it in June :laugh:

Done.. Ill let you guys know if the VIP was worth it in June Laughing
Was the VIP tickets worth it?

Post a reply to: Is the nationals VIP package worth it?

The Latest