Is the line really that thin between 1st and mid pack?

h&m_cycle
4/22/2015 9:11pm
moto0852 wrote:
I noticed Tony Alessi' Instagram today of the results of the 2010 USGP. I forgot that Mike had quickest qualifying time and finished second in the...
I noticed Tony Alessi' Instagram today of the results of the 2010 USGP. I forgot that Mike had quickest qualifying time and finished second in the race to world champion Tony Cairoli. Tony Freakin Cairoli...who was probably closer to his prime then! No slight to Mike but he wasn't our best.

It got me thinking about RV and his troubles and below expectation results. Can one thing like being on your favorite track. A familiar location, whatever. Can that be enough to give anyone whos a top 5-10 rider a shot at being the best that day?

The mantra for RV now is "it's really different". Can being comfortable be enough? Are these top guys all that close now?
There's a great photo of those two 350 KTM's blazing down the start straight @ USGP GH. Wish I would of saved it.

Well, I don't know how long it takes for you're ass to heal be jeez. GH is like a second home to a lot of these guys.
All those practice days.

Healthy RV on that track puts the field to sleep. RV would have to have some really bad luck not to.
Silliker269
4/22/2015 9:43pm
I reckon the home track advantage might of worked in his favor, Mike was no slouch then either
JD35
4/22/2015 11:04pm
moto0852 wrote:
I noticed Tony Alessi' Instagram today of the results of the 2010 USGP. I forgot that Mike had quickest qualifying time and finished second in the...
I noticed Tony Alessi' Instagram today of the results of the 2010 USGP. I forgot that Mike had quickest qualifying time and finished second in the race to world champion Tony Cairoli. Tony Freakin Cairoli...who was probably closer to his prime then! No slight to Mike but he wasn't our best.

It got me thinking about RV and his troubles and below expectation results. Can one thing like being on your favorite track. A familiar location, whatever. Can that be enough to give anyone whos a top 5-10 rider a shot at being the best that day?

The mantra for RV now is "it's really different". Can being comfortable be enough? Are these top guys all that close now?
If I remember correctly, Cairoli's bike ride was stuck in a third gear for at least 3/4 of the second moto. I think rock hit his shifter or something. It was a great race by the way, lots of passing in the front of the pack.
Grizz
4/22/2015 11:07pm
That was 5 years ago. Just putting that out there...

The Shop

4/22/2015 11:50pm
2010 was the same year where Alessi was running top 3's in the AMA.

Post a reply to: Is the line really that thin between 1st and mid pack?

The Latest